• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Evolution |OT| ROCK'N'ROLL TRIALS STYLE BABY

Daigoro

with any luck you'll overtake me globally today, I've got to go paint a house =/

doubtful. i have a bunch of crap going on today.

0 faulted a tourney i been working on this morning, but the time sucked. bumped me up a good chunk though.

still about 50-60 off of you though, and only hard stuff left to work on really.

i did improve on some hard tracks over my plat times yesterday. that was a lot of fun. a good change of pace from expert tracks and tourneys.

daw840

HELP

I have finally cleared the dreaded barrel jump in The Wreck....how the fuck do you clear next jump??!? I have spent forever trying to get over this thing...

atomsk

Party Pooper
HELP

I have finally cleared the dreaded barrel jump in The Wreck....how the fuck do you clear next jump??!? I have spent forever trying to get over this thing...

the upward part? let yourself roll backwards a bit and then gun it (leaning forward but making sure your back tire makes connection when you hit the ground), the momentum from hitting the ground should bounce you up onto the box if you do it right

Was undecided on picking this up because I played so much of trials HD but ended up hitting the purchase button tonight and im really glad I did. The user tracks alone are worth the purchase.

Najaf

Just cleared up some more space on the Neogaf friendslist. A few spaces are reserved for those who have previously requested in. Otherwise, send a friends request to NeoGAF Trials on live and post here in the thread.

Once again, if you were kicked, it was based on time spent in the game and a lack of contribution here in the thread. If you want back in, just follow the above instructions.

On a side note, I'm enjoying going back through the platinum's and cracking the top 500 on each. (that's the goal anyway).

I added NEO Gaf Trials to my friends list, can i get an add?

Send another request. Your gamertag is not listed in GAF profile so I could not send an invite.

daw840

the upward part? let yourself roll backwards a bit and then gun it (leaning forward but making sure your back tire makes connection when you hit the ground), the momentum from hitting the ground should bounce you up onto the box if you do it right

Thank you!

I finally finished it!

Now, only Inferno left to beat.

Rawker

Just cleared up some more space on the Neogaf friendslist. A few spaces are reserved for those who have previously requested in. Otherwise, send a friends request to NeoGAF Trials on live and post here in the thread.

Once again, if you were kicked, it was based on time spent in the game and a lack of contribution here in the thread. If you want back in, just follow the above instructions.

On a side note, I'm enjoying going back through the platinum's and cracking the top 500 on each. (that's the goal anyway).

Send another request. Your gamertag is not listed in GAF profile so I could not send an invite.

I got an add last week thanks its ST6 Rawker

Rawker

i downloaded one of those tracks and i couldn't figure out where to go so i decided to watch a replay and was blown away at the glitch riding that some people could do.

also does anyone else hate how every custom map has 4 pipes in a row that you have to hop across on your back tire. i must say it's probably the biggest let down when i play a good extreme map only to run into this stupid twitch hop crap.

oh my game freezes all the time during custom maps and when browsing for them, does anyone know if this is fixed in the patch up coming?

I had no access to my 360 and Trials Evo for 3 weeks so all I'd been able to do was watch videos posted here and on youtube. Can't believe how much those videos helped my game. I went on to platinum a hard track in my first 10 minutes back. That is quite an accomplishment for me. Also went on to gold some silvers I had.
Just odd how watching videos and not playing helped me so much.
Did notice as the warmer weather is coming the controller gets a little more slippery which is not good in this game.

atomsk

Party Pooper
What's supposed to be included in this patch?

should fix the rank reset bug in multi. dunno what else

got inferno 3 down to 2 faults... and wotn is still at 8. been working on tournaments for the small amount of time I have gotten to play this week

Roki6

Banned
I am looking for tracks similar to Gigatrack, maybe little more difficult.
I enjoy the tension that builds at the end (or 2nd half) of a long track when trying to 0 fault it.

acm2000

I am looking for tracks similar to Gigatrack, maybe little more difficult.
I enjoy the tension that builds at the end (or 2nd half) of a long track when trying to 0 fault it.

GigaCross on track central, official IGN course or something, mahoosive motocross track

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Fuck yeah! Beat every extreme track!

I will not be attempting that Extreme tournament...no fucking way

Yes you will. You will get better and better at the extreme tracks until you are able to get through all of them in less attempts than it used to take you to get through one.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Fuck yeah! Beat every extreme track!

I will not be attempting that Extreme tournament...no fucking way

First I told myself I wouldn't try getting gold in every Extreme track.

A week later I had the golds.

Then I told myself I wouldn't try the Extreme tournament.

A day later I'd beaten Extreme tournament decently.

After a rest, I'm probably going to start getting my faults and time down on the Extremes.

This game, damn it.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Title update out tomorrow:

Attention Trials riders! We are releasing the first Title Update for Trials Evolution on Wednesday, May 30 at 2:00 AM PST (10:00 AM GMT). The Title Update addresses a number of important fixes, detailed below. You will need to accept the Title Update in order to remain connected to LIVE.

In addition to the Title Update, the Multiplayer Leaderboards will be reset approximately four hours after the Title Update is released. This reset does not affect Single Player Leaderboards, or Leaderboards tied to Player-Created tracks. It also does not affect your Multiplayer Rank (level) – that will remain unchanged.

The reset was deemed necessary by Microsoft and us, due to the large amount of corrupt data that entered the Leaderboard due to server overload and stress at launch, as well as some issues that have persisted until this update. We’ve worked hard to identify these issues and address them.

Because this Multiplayer Leaderboard Reset will take place after the Title Update, we advise you not to play multiplayer matches for at least four to six hours after you receive the Update, in order to avoid having your data purged by the reset or accidentally matching up with a non-updated player.

The Title Update addresses the following issues:

• Multiplayer Leaderboard writing issues – addressed a number of situations where proper scores were not being recorded to MP Leaderboards or rank was being reset
• Multiplayer Stability issues – addressed a number of issues, including viewing Gamer Cards, Party play functionality, response time of multiplayer matchmaking, and situations where the game would occasionally lock or hang during multiplayer
• General Stability – we have addressed some issues affecting general stability and random lockups. If you find new issues related to this, please report them to this thread
• Editor issues – a number of issues in the editor were addressed, including enforcing a 22 checkpoint limit and some issues around the event trigger system
• Scoring issues – a rare issue where track times were calculated incorrectly at the finish line has been addressed
• Track Central – a number of issues were addressed, including track sorting issues, lockups when viewing Player-Created Track Leaderboards, and searching tracks by the “Ninja” difficulty tag
• Skill Games – adjustments have been made to Icarus Factor, Exploding Man, Out of Gas, and Balls of Steel skill games to eliminate scoring loopholes

We apologize for the Multiplayer Leaderboard reset. However, this step was deemed necessary to ensure the best multiplayer experience for all players, and we feel fair and valid Multiplayer Leaderboards are an integral part of the overall Trials experience.

Zeth

Yes you will. You will get better and better at the extreme tracks until you are able to get through all of them in less attempts than it used to take you to get through one.

Exactly. This is why Trials is so rewarding. I thought the same thing and had around 100 faults on the extreme tournament a few days later.

Daigoro

good news on the update.

ive been ignoring MP for over a week now because of all of the issues. sucks about the leaderboard reset even though it was fucked. i had a lot of points racked up... oh well.

i hope it all goes smooth and no new issues arise with the TU. MP in this game is godlike.

Najaf

Good fixes in that update. I really want to finish my track, but every time I sit down to work on it, I begin trimming my times. One day...

Good to hear about the update. I've been avoiding playing multi-player cause almost every time I would play with my brother online, after about 5-6 tracks, ESPECIALLY when playing user created ones together, it would lock up my entire xbox. Hopefully this took care of it.

Brakara

Good to hear about the update. I've been avoiding playing multi-player cause almost every time I would play with my brother online, after about 5-6 tracks, ESPECIALLY when playing user created ones together, it would lock up my entire xbox. Hopefully this took care of it.

Played a bunch of mp races yesterday and had no problems. Fast matchmaking, no disconnects, no level resets, no screen freezing, i.e. it worked like it's supposed to work.

I do better at this game every time I come back to it after a short break of 5-7 days off.
I'm probably a level 6 maybe 7 player so nothing spectacular. Last night after a week break I took off about 30 minutes of time on all the extreme tracks combine. 12 minutes here, 5 minutes there.
I'm taking another week off. My hands hurt right now almost 24 hours later.
It's all about the bunny hop.

Daigoro

Played a bunch of mp races yesterday and had no problems. Fast matchmaking, no disconnects, no level resets, no screen freezing, i.e. it worked like it's supposed to work.

yep. too bad its still broken and not fixed though.

it is slightly better, but all of the same issues including scoring issues appear to be in effect.

oh well Trials is still the bestest.

edit: Ah we've been relegated to Community. oh well this thread is dead anyways. not much to talk about anymore anyways, it's all about riding hard for the next few years now.

atomsk

Party Pooper
too soon, and the redlynx dudes have been posting tracks in track central

I am fiending right now to play more, my 2 older 360s both E74'd, so I finally caved and bought a slim, but I need to wait for the hard drive case to show up. =/

snacknuts

we all knew her
This is the first Trials game I've played and I'm thoroughly addicted to it. I've been going back through the campaign and trying to get gold on every track, at which point I'll probably start over and work on platinums (maybe; some of the times are insane).

I was thinking about buying the first Trials, but I wasn't sure if it was one of those things where I wouldn't enjoy it because the new one is so much better or something.

This is the first Trials game I've played and I'm thoroughly addicted to it. I've been going back through the campaign and trying to get gold on every track, at which point I'll probably start over and work on platinums (maybe; some of the times are insane).

I was thinking about buying the first Trials, but I wasn't sure if it was one of those things where I wouldn't enjoy it because the new one is so much better or something.

Unfortunately you just missed a sale on the original. It might have been half off. The first is a great game, but it's obviously not as good as the sequel. It's all indoor environments. I'd just download the demo and see what you think of it.

Zeth

Original is definitely worth it IMO. I recently got it on sale (new account) and it was worth it just to run through and complete most of the levels.

Evo just keeps on giving. I hope the community continues to be amazing, because I love the custom tracks and I can see myself playing it for a long time.

zeeaykay

Does anyone know of some really good multiplayer/supercross tracks? I downloaded a lot of the five star tracks but many of them are really glitchy when someone crashes.

I came into this thread to straight up gloat. I just got the "Flawless Victory" achievement. This requires you to finish a tournament of 6 tracks in order, without a fault. I'm embarassed to admit I spent over 5 hours this past week to get this done, and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it was closer to 7 total. I was determined, but don't do well with pressure, so I crumbled near the later part of those 6 tracks many times, including moments from the finish line of the 6th track. It's just so challenging to not make a single mistake over 6 tracks, especially on the hardest ones in this tournament.

Also, where the hell is the DLC announcement for this game? Surely they've got to have something in the works.

Top Bottom