• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Evolution |OT| ROCK'N'ROLL TRIALS STYLE BABY

Some of these user-made tracks are blowing my mind! So good.

One thing though: is there a way to download a track and have any gamertag able to play it or do you have to re-download it for each gamertag?
That is what I've been doing but it's annoying and I'm wondering if I'm missing an easy way around it.

Daigoro

according to sebbi from Redlynx, the Global Ranking leaderboard have been fixed.

Najaf, feel like posting the front page of the GAF Global board up again and seeing if anything changed? (im nervous! :p)

looks like times on individual tracks have been fixed too.

i hope they fix the multiplayer ranking boards as well. edit: ug. the MP boards are so fucked. they might have to reset them... waiting on a patch.

There's so many fucked up cameras though. I've lost count of the times I've got right to the end of a track only to have the camera go behind a massive wall or to a position that makes it impossible to see the ramp I'm trying to land on. I swear it happens about half the time, and turns five star tracks into two star tracks. I don't understand how people aren't noticing this when they test their tracks

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Once again, fuck this game

ibwMb6hUdLUjv2.jpg

Obvioulsy you're not deserving of a Platinum medal then are you?

trollface.jpg

Some great times on those screens. Not surprising I'm only in a few within the first couple of tiers. I had to take a break from the game after putting 20+ hours into my custom track and then botching it up.

I'll be back though. Oh yes. I will be.

Has anyone seen any good custom tracks based around the no leaning and stuck throttle skill games? I quite enjoy those skill games and would like to play more

Daigoro

my global score is pretty much where it should be, when the servers shit the bed I took a break after playing from 5:30am.

yeah mine was too when i checked this morning. the top 5 on my friend list looked pretty much the same too, so probably none of us were affected very much if at all. good deal.

atomsk

Party Pooper
The most infuriating track right now for me is Archipelago

I can plat some extreme tracks, but I can get my time into the top 10k for that track

It's the part with the closing hand that does it every time.

I can plat some extreme tracks, but I can get my time into the top 10k for that track

Yeah that part feels a little broken. Like there's some odd edges that you don't really see that you can get hung up on.

K1ng P3n

Get a good jump before the hand and do a front flip and land on your back tire first. Only way I can keep my momentum.

I find that if I land in the middle of the hand, I'll be fine. There seems to be a raised rock in the middle that you can get caught on if you don't land directly on it. I think.

I recently got the achievement for not faulting and never letting off the gas on that track, so that hand was an extra pain in the ass there.

Trials Evolution is the first game in 15+ years that makes me physically lean my body and arms in an attempt to steer my bike. I look absolutely ridiculous, but I CAN'T STOP DOING IT. I don't even realize I've moved until I hit reset and realize how tense my body is.

Currently trying to Platinum Warehouse 28. I'm close with only 1 fault but there are so many areas of that track that I struggle with. Oftentimes I'll get through a section by dumb luck. God I fucking suck at this game.

Trials Evolution is the first game in 15+ years that makes me physically lean my body and arms in an attempt to steer my bike. I look absolutely ridiculous, but I CAN'T STOP DOING IT. I don't even realize I've moved until I hit reset and realize how tense my body is.

I am exactly the same! I never do this with games. When I reset to a checkpoint after an epic fail, I find I am holding the controller up in the air, well away from my body.

I played a Rayman-themed track today called 'Musical Desert', and was very impressed. Superbly designed. Some look great but play poorly, and others play great but look bland. But this played and looked fantastic.

Currently trying to Platinum Warehouse 28. I'm close with only 1 fault but there are so many areas of that track that I struggle with. Oftentimes I'll get through a section by dumb luck. God I fucking suck at this game.

Haha, I'm the exact same - I'd love to see what I look like when I'm trying a really hard track.

I'll find myself leaning right over and tilting my head and stuff....not even sure why?!

sneaky77

I am exactly the same! I never do this with games. When I reset to a checkpoint after an epic fail, I find I am holding the controller up in the air, well away from my body.

I played a Rayman-themed track today called 'Musical Desert', and was very impressed. Superbly designed. Some look great but play poorly, and others play great but look bland. But this played and looked fantastic.

who made it?

I wish there was a rating below one star that you could give to tracks that are offensively bad. There is a track called Dino Crisis, I don't care who it was by because it was shit, but it had a lot of potential. The guy's made a huge dinosaur from stone and it looks awesome and chases you through the whole level. The camera, though, is absurd. It's constantly behind walls, or looking the wrong way, or too slow to keep up with you, and you can't see literally 80% of the obstacles coming. I had to complete the track just to rate it and it whenever I thought the camera couldn't get any worse, he somehow managed to make it fuck up even more.

To above, the Rayman track is in RedLynx picks

rObit

Banned
Was at the last checkpoint on Inferno 3 while doing the extreme tournament and my xbox hard locked.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffdang

I am going to check that Dino Crisis one out now just to see the dinosaur. I probably won't finish it, though.

And yes, it sucks that you have to suffer through a whole bad track just to rate it. Sometimes I push through just to give it one star.

Sneaky77, I couldn't tell you the creator, but as mentioned above it is in RedLynx picks.

whitehawk

Banned

I do the same thing after I've been playing the same track for a while
KuGsj.gif

sneaky77

I am going to check that Dino Crisis one out now just to see the dinosaur. I probably won't finish it, though.

And yes, it sucks that you have to suffer through a whole bad track just to rate it. Sometimes I push through just to give it one star.

Sneaky77, I couldn't tell you the creator, but as mentioned above it is in RedLynx picks.

the track is not showing on the redlynx picks for me.. found it, is called Desert of Music lol

in other track news you guys should play neosphere by DrittesAuge it was on the redlynx picks section but I thought it was really well made, is medium difficulty

K1ng P3n

I thought I was the only one who done that. I was doing the same thing the other day, I didn't realize it until I restarted the level I was playing.

I am having a pretty good run trying to Platinum all the tracks, but I just got started on the second bunch of Hard levels. Trying to Platinum the Extreme tracks might be a different story

Daigoro

it was a tough plat for me too. i thought it would be easy, but it took me a lot longer than i expected. keep at it!

I am having a pretty good run trying to Platinum all the tracks, but I just got started on the second bunch of Hard levels. Trying to Platinum the Extreme tracks might be a different story

the first three are very doable. if you can plat the rest of the game, the first three at least will be possible for you i think.

the track is not showing on the redlynx picks for me.. found it, is called Desert of Music lol

in other track news you guys should play neosphere by DrittesAuge it was on the redlynx picks section but I thought it was really well made, is medium difficulty

Sorry, got the name wrong. Only realised when I checked back on today.

Will have a look at neosphere. I tryed out the flying dragon track today - what an awesome ending.

Been getting work done on the house so I've been offline for more than 2 weeks. Please keep Curley on the Gaf friends list. I'll make my return to mediocrity soon.
Thanks!
This is the longest I've been off my 360 since launch. It's been weird.

Daigoro

started right after my last post and just now got platinum on The Wreck! rock and roooolllll!

its not pretty or very fast, but i did it. im happy.

I saw your Elevation replay I believe it's called, I have no idea how you got enough air to just skip the first ramp like that.. I still managed to get platinum eventually without it but man.

i explained it earlier in the thread and someone else did as well. its basically doing a wheelie while heading up the ramp and pressing forward hard before you lift off. it gives you a lot more distance when jumping from a ramp.

its an advanced technique, but not too hard to learn. that spot is a good place to practice it because you can just restart the track over and over to keep trying.

The Platinum on Limbo seems exceptionally difficult. Any one else that's completed a fair share of plats notice this? I thought I had a pretty good run and I think I'm still like 2 seconds off.

SRidge52

Banned
Finally got all Platinum medals on all Beginner and Medium tracks. Even got a 606 ranking on one of 'em! Pretty proud of myself considering I SUCKED at Trials HD.

Gamertag is SRidge52

so i bought this awesome ball rolling game. there's some motorbike stuff in it too that is pretty fun.

seriously, S.P.H.E.R.E. sold me on this, and it's what i've mostly been playing. so far i'm in the top 10,000, and planning on going further. i get so hooked on stuff like this. Marble Blast Ultra hooked me hard, and i was top ten on a bunch of tables on that for a while.

must place higher. MUST PLACE HIGHER.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.

I do something similar only one of my legs tenses up and I lift my foot off the ground depending which way I am leaning in game. :lol

Orhyanos

Neo Member
Just checked out more videos from the same guy. I think THIS might be the most insane of them all.

God damn Japan is taking Trials to the next level haha!

daw840

Just checked out more videos from the same guy. I think THIS might be the most insane of the all.

God damn Japan is taking Trials to the next level haha!

I will never be half as good as this....ever. I could play this game20 hours per day for the rest of my life and I wouldn't be this good.

Fuck...

Top Bottom