• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Frontier |OT| It's portable Trials

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I need uPlay friends, I have none and it kinda sucks for a game like Trials! Although for obvious reasons (p2w mechanics) this one's less about beating your friends' times and mainly about checking out their progress IMO

my handle is DashKap

I'm lvl19, damn still 1 piece away from the Broncos and 2 from the Mantis.
Still, haven't put a dime in this, I would if there was a "double your coin" "use half the fuel" permanent boost for €5 or something, but fuck consumables and double currency + timers!

Anybody have an issue with your bike stopping accelerating even though you don't lift your finger off the gas button? It's happened to me multiple times now, pretty annoying...
Yep, complained about this to a friend and he thought I was crazy.

Made me stop playing a couple times.

Daffy Duck

Anybody have an issue with your bike stopping accelerating even though you don't lift your finger off the gas button? It's happened to me multiple times now, pretty annoying...

Happens a lot to me and is very frustrating!

I'm only doing this for step into the light challenge for the outfit and I can't do a jump with the bike I have, so I may just leave it as unattainable.

Dash Kappei

What exp level are you guys? Lvl20 here.
Man for the all work I've put into it the Broncos is such a piece of shit bike... Tango's still the best where I'm at.
Although I need to mod it more, man I hate the mushroom forest tracks

Also, how much money have you put into the game yet?

What exp level are you guys? Lvl20 here.
Man for the all work I've put into it the Broncos is such a piece of shit bike... Tango's still the best where I'm at.
Although I need to mod it more, man I hate the mushroom forest tracks

Also, how much money have you put into the game yet?

Just hit Level 30, put 0 real life money in, but will probably put in something if there is a sale in the coming few days. Want to thank the devs in someway, as it is my most played game this week.

The Bronco is a good bike, but you need to invest money and parts into upgrading top speed. It is the key to getting golds on the Trials Fusion crossover levels IMO.

Recently got access to the tracks that costs 10 fuel. Harsh, but they offer really high tier parts on the lucky wheel, so they are worthwhile. Also now on Tier III bikes (I think that is the last tier).

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Finally got both the Bolt V and Nut V and now I gotta start putting money back into these bikes.

Did I mention "fuck The Trebuchet?" Because fuck it.

Same, finally done. Pretty sure the tier III bike base specs are nowhere near what the blueprint looked like. Oh well, another money pit.

Then I did a ghost level forcing me on a tier I bike, and even getting a platinum time wasn't good enough to beat the ghost. Did it in the end though, nearly got that bike now.

Just waiting for that old guy to want to make a platinum statue of his fucking cat..

Same, finally done. Pretty sure the tier III bike base specs are nowhere near what the blueprint looked like. Oh well, another money pit.

Then I did a ghost level forcing me on a tier I bike, and even getting a platinum time wasn't good enough to beat the ghost. Did it in the end though, nearly got that bike now.

Just waiting for that old guy to want to make a platinum statue of his fucking cat..

I am constantly a few steps behind you, and love reading the nonsense that is just ahead of me!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Oh that's just a guess :D

I think you're slightly ahead. I'm only level 27, and I just unlocked he tier III bike (and popped one level of upgrades on it) - haven't done any of those 10 gas races yet

Oh that's just a guess :D

I think you're slightly ahead. I'm only level 27, and I just unlocked he tier III bike (and popped one level of upgrades on it) - haven't done any of those 10 gas races yet

Aww. Was looking foward to that. The first Tier III bike does not seem too good - pity. Hope another one of the later ones will be better.

Lima

Just hit Level 30, put 0 real life money in, but will probably put in something if there is a sale in the coming few days. Want to thank the devs in someway, as it is my most played game this week.

I only bought that starter pack so far. Came up as an offer for only $2,49 instead of the $8,99 normally so I bought it.

100k coins I think and 250 gems. Not too bad.

rbanke

Did I miss something with getting the bronco blueprints? I got a few and then started getting blueprints for other bikes and it feels like the game has advanced past the level one stuff. I'm guessing they will circle back around to the bronco but it's a but weird for progress on it to just totally stop.

I only bought that starter pack so far. Came up as an offer for only $2,49 instead of the $8,99 normally so I bought it.

100k coins I think and 250 gems. Not too bad.

I got the same offer - I think everyone does. I just avoided it though. Cannot redeem it anymore. I will however take some similar deal if it pops in the future. Happy to give the devs something at this point.

Did I miss something with getting the bronco blueprints? I got a few and then started getting blueprints for other bikes and it feels like the game has advanced past the level one stuff. I'm guessing they will circle back around to the bronco but it's a but weird for progress on it to just totally stop.

I cannot fully remember when the Bronco unlocked for me, but yeah, as the game goes on you will get blueprints pieces for loads of different bikes simultaneously as you go. I had four bikes getting pieces separately a while back. You will never fully outgrow the Bronco though. If you race on Tier 1 tracks you will have to use it as (anf when leveled up it is the best Tier 1 bike). It is also the best bike to try and get the Trials Fusion unlocks with.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

What level is your tier I bike that you used?

Stuck on that ghost level + the trebuchet Gold. I would funnel some resources into some more upgrades, but now the game also wants 3 more tier 4 parts from me x_x

EDIT: wait it wants two of each of those tier 4 parts, FML

EDIT2: NOW TWO MORE OF EACH OF THE REST OF THE TIER 4 PARTS WAT

I am at the ghost level, and the parts missions mentioned above. I am broken, and I am close to giving up. It really is a slog now.

I want to keep going until there is at least a sale on something, and I could then throw a bit of money the devs way after all these hours played

I dont really know how much game is left, but I almost don't care anymore as I am now constantly playing the same levels over and over

From what I can tell, the game now DEMANDS you pay money to move forward, or it is DAYS of efforts to beat some of the missions.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So is there a full list of things you can unlock in Fusion from playing Frontier anywhere? Google and YT just give me a ton of exploits.

Almost through the 3rd Tier IV part mission now. Inevitably this will go on forever.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
You past that mission that wants 2 x tier V parts yet? If they start throwing more tier IV stuff at me I think i'll just stop. Been playing fusion more anyway.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You past that mission that wants 2 x tier V parts yet? If they start throwing more tier IV stuff at me I think i'll just stop. Been playing fusion more anyway.
I think so? There's like 3 missions that ask you for 2x 3 different Tier IV parts each, and I'm on the 3rd. Just built the Marauder too.

I don't have Fusion yet or else I'd be playing that lol

This game is a good time waster. Scratches the same Trials itch for me, surprisingly.

Does anyone know if doing the robot time trials unlocks new missions with the other characters? I'm basically at a point where I can do the time trials or do a mission called 'The Final Showdown' which I am finding basically impossible without the Mantis which I am 5 pieces away from unlocking. Can't tell if I should focus on leveling the Jackal or doing the time trials in the hope of unlocking the Mantis.

Dash Kappei

Just checking in to see if anyone has beaten Rooftops against the ghost. I feel like this is impossible.

It's pretty fucked up, you need to do better than a Platinum's worthy time. I did it at 20s 142ms.
Trick is starting immediately with a little jump anticipating the first ramp, then using the momentum leaning the front of your bike to the right while "fliying" to gain more speed and cover more track on air before perfectly landing. Worst part will be understanding how to tackle the last checkpoint so that you don't completely slow down when climbing to the finish line.

If you want to grab my ghosts/replays send me a friend request over uPlay:
dashkap

Does anyone know if doing the robot time trials unlocks new missions with the other characters? I'm basically at a point where I can do the time trials or do a mission called 'The Final Showdown' which I am finding basically impossible without the Mantis which I am 5 pieces away from unlocking. Can't tell if I should focus on leveling the Jackal or doing the time trials in the hope of unlocking the Mantis.

Of course you gotta do both. And you should never upgrade your bike unless you're 100% sure you've hit the ceiling and need it to beat a mission... I mean, you'll need a LOT of money/parts later and at the beginning I only upgraded when it was for a mission's objective.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
After you get to the lumberyard or so things get pretty demanding. Right now I need a Tier V gear (almost there), on top of multiple upgrades for the Marauder (to beat the Ghost Boss) and Riptide (fuck that steep climb on the Lumberyard).

Oh look, more parts needed. Screw you parts woman!

DkhoG7vl.png

I will not give up!

vid

I'm surprised by how decent Trials mechanics feel in a mobile game, but the f2p stuff is killing me. It really sucks to spend a break at work burning through all of my fuel, only to make no progress because you didn't hit the right spot on the prize wheel.

Starting to wonder if I'll ever get to the stages I need for Step Into the Light.

I'm surprised by how decent Trials mechanics feel in a mobile game, but the f2p stuff is killing me. It really sucks to spend a break at work burning through all of my fuel, only to make no progress because you didn't hit the right spot on the prize wheel.

Starting to wonder if I'll ever get to the stages I need for Step Into the Light.

You think that's bad... I cannot make anymore progress for a whole THREE FREAKING DAYS!!

jC9TWdVl.png

mrklaw

MrArseFace
You think that's bad... I cannot make anymore progress for a whole THREE FREAKING DAYS!!

jC9TWdVl.png

:cough: airplane mode, bump calendar forward 4 days, run trials, upgrades available, quit, set clock back :cough:

I don't count it as cheating because it only gets past one of the seven levels of hell that they put in front of you

vid

I think I'd have more motivation if I was immediately confronted with a horde of ghosts to beat when I unlock a new track, too. That was (is) such a huge driving force for the rest of the Trials games, but it seems like no one I know plays Frontier.

Just a few moments ago I unlocked the first Step Into the Light stage. Had no idea that they had their own little section, figured it would just show up in the normal progression.

whitehawk

Banned
:cough: airplane mode, bump calendar forward 4 days, run trials, upgrades available, quit, set clock back :cough:

I don't count it as cheating because it only gets past one of the seven levels of hell that they put in front of you
doesn't work.

I know of these, but I am this far gone now, I want to beat this fairly. If it kills me..

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
While doing Desert Gondola over and over and over I found out that if you swipe from right to left after crashing, it's a quick restart of the entire level. Might help out you other poor SOBs here that like me are still doing week long fetch quests to unlock single new levels.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
When the fuck is this coming out for Android? They already have a limited release out in a few countries, but what about the rest of us? Is the game really such a mess/bad port?

This is starting to remind me of that damn GTA5 app.

blazeuk

Hooray!

Actually, they are pretty easy once you upgrade the Bronco a ton - I just forgot to do them until now.

They're not too difficult with the Tango either once that is upgraded a little, I haven't got the Bronco yet (1 piece away) and I got through those time capsule tracks a while ago.

They're not too difficult with the Tango either once that is upgraded a little, I haven't got the Bronco yet (1 piece away) and I got through those time capsule tracks a while ago.

You're probably right. I tried them a few times back during the first few days when I first started playing, and was consistently getting Silver. Felt impossible to get gold at that time even with a perfect run - so just blocked them out. Went back now (with the main game near complete - so basically very much overpowered), and was close to platinuming them.even with a sloppy run.

Now if Trails Fusion would just drop to below £20.

How do you know the main game is nearly complete? It just seems to keep trudging on..

ANBA seems to be the only missions I am getting now - no other missions at all.

Due to Ubi deactivating ANBA for a while - it now feels like I am catching up on his missions that I missed during the main game when he was off.

Maybe when I do more ANBA stuff others will pop up again - but I don't think there is much more left

...well at least until a update :/

mrklaw

MrArseFace
ANBA seems to be the only missions I am getting now - no other missions at all.

Due to Ubi deactivating ANBA for a while - it now feels like I am catching up on his missions that I missed during the main game when he was off.

Maybe when I do more ANBA stuff others will pop up again - but I don't think there is much more left

...well at least until a update :/

ANBA hasn't done anything for me for ages. Were some of my least favourite missions as well, so if it ends up just being that I think I'll stop.

How far past the initial level III worlds are you (the ones that cost 10 fuel to enter)? I just have three of those and wondering how much more there might be left

ANBA hasn't done anything for me for ages. Were some of my least favourite missions as well, so if it ends up just being that I think I'll stop.

How far past the initial level III worlds are you (the ones that cost 10 fuel to enter)? I just have three of those and wondering how much more there might be left

I just did some checking on the Ubi forums, and there 15 of those tracks in the game. I only have 13 myself (so I have a bit of game left I guess). Much less of those that the other two sets of tracks - I think there is 30 of each of the 5 and 7 fuel). The Tier III's start just above the Tier I (5 Fuel) tracks, and continue into the bit of land that shoots out into the sea.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think I've hit my limit with the ANBA stuff. Sometimes you get hit with a regular ghost that plays like one of the hard ones and I'm stuck on one :|

I've been proper roadblocked on this game. It's a shame because I was rather enjoying it but for the life of me I can't defeat the Butch race on the 'Tree Houses.' His bike just has so much grip and my tier 2 balanced just can't seem to compete.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I've been proper roadblocked on this game. It's a shame because I was rather enjoying it but for the life of me I can't defeat the Butch race on the 'Tree Houses.' His bike just has so much grip and my tier 2 balanced just can't seem to compete.
It's definitely one of the game's difficulty spikes, but enough upgrades should get you through. You will HAVE to upgrade to proceed.

Happy days, beat that Butch roadblock and now am unlocking new quests. Although I beat him with a time that wasn't my best on that course and he was noticeably slower then before so I think he might have been nerfed a bit.

JaoSming

Neo Member
Just a few moments ago I unlocked the first Step Into the Light stage. Had no idea that they had their own little section, figured it would just show up in the normal progression.
This.....ugh. I have no idea when I had unlocked all three tracks. Completely missed the "reveal track" button when I hit that canister thing before. Do they unlock as you progress through the game or did I just waste a lot of time with mobile trials?

Got my costume, time to go back to the PC version and work on beating Overdoziz' and qbicfeet's amazingness. In Frontier I just barely unlocked the tier 3 bike and got through the third level IV part fetch mission.

Dash Kappei

Second time I had to erase and redownload the game 'cause it kept crashing as soon as I enabled my internet connection. I could only play offline, as soon as I went online the game would crash and of course your save doesn't get uploaded to the server if you're offline so there's no point in playing (also no slot machine)... Looking at Appstore's reviews it seems there's a lot of people experiencing the same. Anyway, missing 4 and 5 pieces to complete the other two Tier III bikes, seems I'm past the eyeglasses bitch for now with her constant request for IV Parts, but of course now bandana dude has been hitting me pretty hard to upgrade the Riptide. Also it's official, I HATE MUD CAKES on A.N.B.A. missions, gives me fucking cramps

Top Bottom