• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Frontier |OT| It's portable Trials

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anyone else have a bug where the daily prize thingy seems to reset randomly? Multiple times a day I'll come back and it's 23:59:59 =|

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Yeah, problems started with the last three updates for me and each was worse than the one before

Ugh, now she started asking for V parts... it'll take AGES :/
lol, yesterday I ended up getting a blister on my righ hand's index fingers battling it out on Mud Cakes, I hate that track with all my life

JaoSming

Neo Member
It is out on Android now. Started it, linked to Uplay, quit. Started it again and I had to repeat the beginning tracks again, linked to Uplay a second time, then it told me that I had to choose between this "current" game or download my level 2 character from minutes before from the server....so it doesn't look like we can transfer progress from iOS to Android. F that.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
All the time, along with the slot machine crashing out if app every time it spins.
I get crashes when I tap start race at the slots. A remedy is to manually go to the race itself via the map.

Unlocked Cracked Resevoir.. Oh god I hope this is the end.

blinkz

Loved this game at first but I have become a little soured by it.. I am pretty far along and have the riptide to about tier 4 in each upgrade area..

The problem I am having now is I have 47 fuel and every upgrade costs 40-60 thousand for all my bikes and take 48 hours to complete. Not wanting to pay for coins or diamonds has basically left me stuck playing the races over and over for 200 coins a pop and hoping I hit a few grand when I do the slot machine..

Also some of the track take 10 fuel now which is insanity.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How the fuck do you do the last jump/incline The Grindhouse?!

Also I reached the fault limit trying. Didn't know there was one, but the level just ends and you basically just wasted 10 gas :|

Pepiope

It is out on Android now. Started it, linked to Uplay, quit. Started it again and I had to repeat the beginning tracks again, linked to Uplay a second time, then it told me that I had to choose between this "current" game or download my level 2 character from minutes before from the server....so it doesn't look like we can transfer progress from iOS to Android. F that.
Yep. I got so far on the iOS version before I switched to the s5. No way I'm doing all of that over again.

Dash Kappei

Yay, got my PLATINUM on Trojan Giraffe at 30:340, top of my friends list and #100 worldwide... Considering my Riptide has the lowest upgrade level of all my friends and I'm 10sec faster than #2 it's not too bad :p

Also, FUCK THIS:
J7yncyP.jpg

Yay, got my PLATINUM on Trojan Giraffe at 30:340, top of my friends list and #100 worldwide... Considering my Riptide has the lowest upgrade level of all my friends and I'm 10sec faster than #2 it's not too bad :p

Also, FUCK THIS:

You aint seen nothing yet! :p

Seriously, do not use random extra parts to upgrade unless you REALLY need to. Save ALL the lower tier parts for latter fuses to appease this needy vile woman

Kumubou

Seriously, do not use random extra parts to upgrade unless you REALLY need to. Save ALL the lower tier parts for latter fuses to appease this needy vile woman
Wow... I'm pretty sure I don't even want to know if it gets worse than that. I got up to the fifth or sixth Tier 3 track (the one that randomly costs only 7 fuel, lol wut) and nearly got to the final set (?) of ANBA missions (did enough of them to unlock the second tier 3 bike), but if the grind gets that stupid I'm done.

Wow... I'm pretty sure I don't even want to know if it gets worse than that. I got up to the fifth or sixth Tier 3 track (the one that randomly costs only 7 fuel, lol wut) and nearly got to the final set (?) of ANBA missions (did enough of them to unlock the second tier 3 bike), but if the grind gets that stupid I'm done.

Well it is actually not a whole lot worse, but more of the same. There are many more of those "Get three Tier V Items" coming - which are time consuming as hell.

You have to beat the AI on quite a few of the hard 10 fuel tracks too to get more of those one off items (the thing beside the parts in the above image).

There is one track called The Watchers, and the game forces you to get near a Platinum time to beat the AI to get access to the wheel to get a CHANCE of winning one of those one off parts. That dame near broke me a few days back.

I was playing a lot of the Tier III tracks with the first Tier III bike - as ANBA was broke for ages and could not access the second bike. Maybe that made the game harder to work through.

I've still got some game left, and near Level 38 now. I feel like I am playing now out of stubbornness. I cannot stop until the Saloon is empty..

Dash Kappei

Problem is that since the last patch you can't cheat your way through upgrades anymore and now I have to way NINETYSIX HOURS for the next upgrade to take effect... That might break me :/

It was heaven when you could cheat both the slot machine AND uograde timers

I'll prolly start to play the game casually instead of religiously like I did till now
I'll pick up the pace again when new tracks hit with the upcoming content updates

JaoSming

Neo Member
Yeaaaa, if it gets worse than these Tier IV and V part fetch quests, I think I need to delete it and just play Fusion or Evo instead. I get pissed enough as is when I wait minutes for gas to get 5 tier III runs in 1 session, just to have the damn spinner give me level 1 nuts each time.

Dash Kappei

Lol I somehow had a feeling it was just the tip of the iceberg :p

As per what you suggest: ideally, yes, but it's not like you can opt out of using them if you have them, which is absolute bullshit... although if I didn't use some materials at this point each uograde would cost me upwards of 100k per job and right now the only way to make money is to spin the slot machine.
I can't for the life of me get good at MUD CAKES, I've platinums on most tracks and yet here I can only get a silver and I've been stuck vs ANBA there for ages... I guess I need to upgrade the Mantis some more to have a chance at passing it and start earning monies again

Stat!

Well it is actually not a whole lot worse, but more of the same. There are many more of those "Get three Tier V Items" coming - which are time consuming as hell.

You have to beat the AI on quite a few of the hard 10 fuel tracks too to get more of those one off items (the thing beside the parts in the above image).

There is one track called The Watchers, and the game forces you to get near a Platinum time to beat the AI to get access to the wheel to get a CHANCE of winning one of those one off parts. That dame near broke me a few days back.

I was playing a lot of the Tier III tracks with the first Tier III bike - as ANBA was broke for ages and could not access the second bike. Maybe that made the game harder to work through.

I've still got some game left, and near Level 38 now. I feel like I am playing now out of stubbornness. I cannot stop until the Saloon is empty..

That's how I feel. I'm playing this game less of fun but because of sheer stubborness.

It's annoying that this game isn't 6.99 instead of this free to play stuff. I won't purchase any trials game again because of how bad this game is with its IAP and energy system. Its like they won't want me to play the game with the fuel system in place.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think I just beat the game. It's over. Only "The End" and AMBA in the saloon.

Well, I guess that's that?

Voshond

Neo Member
I was enjoying it until it deleted my save game. The constant connection errors were getting annoying too.

oi5zVhw.png

I'm local progress!

Dash Kappei

I think I just beat the game. It's over. Only "The End" and AMBA in the saloon.

Well, I guess that's that?

Yep.

Same here, I'm top of my friends list and got in the top200 of quite a few tracks, got more than 25 Platinums and considering that I haven't spent a dime it's not bad :)
I'd have gladly paid €8 to have the game without timers and the bullshit upgrade system
Will keep playing every now and then to beat my times, waiting for an update with new content

Triz

Add me to the "the end" club. I did spend $10 to speed up part collection on all those building the tracker quests. Worth it for as much as I played I'd say.

Dash Kappei

...and btw, I'm still #1 on my friends list leaderboard :p
Also top1000 worldwide and considering half of those are hacked... seriously Ubisoft are morons, why they don't fix that... when you have people in the top10 with level 2 riders, well something doesn't add up don't ya think?

Challenge me! UPlay: dashkap
Put your GAF handle in the message request or I won't add you (I've had 30+ requests from randoms last time! not falling for that again lol!)

Dash Kappei

Yay, broke into the top 500 today! Spent a grand total of 99c!
Still a beast, even by playing 20 minutes every 2 or three days.
Comfortably ahead of any of the 31 gaffers who tried to challenge me :p

But seriously, thank you guys because having friends on the leaderboards makes this a ton more enjoyable, I would have never stuck with it if it weren't for you and your great times on many tracks :)

Btw, new update's great, lots of improvements.
Dunno if it's new, but you can swipe the restart icon for a full restart now instead of having to hold it... that alone improved the game by an order of magnitude for me :p

Still no customizeable controls tho, FAILl!

Also, was it always possible to spend gems to get past a human player on ANBA challenges?

ShapeGSX

...and btw, I'm still #1 on my friends list leaderboard :p
Also top1000 worldwide and considering half of those are hacked... seriously Ubisoft are morons, why they don't fix that... when you have people in the top10 with level 2 riders, well something doesn't add up don't ya think?

Challenge me! UPlay: dashkap
Put your GAF handle in the message request or I won't add you (I've had 30+ requests from randoms last time! not falling for that again lol!)

Added you. I'm ShapeGSX. No way to put a note in the in-game GUI.

Maddrical

The design behind this game is the worst shit ever, like any F2P iPhone game, yet I cannot stop playing it. Just reached the 10 fuel cost tracks and seeing a screenshot of a fetch quest involving V parts is making me cringe. I don't know if I should go on knowing that they're coming up. I do enjoy the gameplay a tonne. I've spent $5AUS and felt bad about that, but I have enjoyed it so I'm not going to argue. Spending no more though unless those V fetch quests break me.

Also, has my A.N.B.A bugged out? It's stuck on 6 block repairs and every time I repair the 6 blocks it just resets it. This happened after I did a ~28 block repair quest, the dialogue seemed to cut out after the 'boss' of that repair and then it went back to 6. There's still at least 1 level I cannot access because it's telling me to do ANBA missions.

And finally, fuck Uplay. It's so bad.

Dash Kappei

I've achieved 3 new Platinum medals today, woo-hooo! :D

Added you. I'm ShapeGSX. No way to put a note in the in-game GUI.

You need to click on the U and go to the baloon-esque icon.
Sent you a message right now so you can check. Anyway, do I show up as playing Trials Frontier on the notifications feed? Dunno why it' stuck showing "weapon upgrade" for I don't even know what game, while all my friends are like "played Trials Frontier xxminutes ago"... do I?

Btw, found out I can still shave off half a sec from my Trojan Giraffe time, that'd put me in the top20, I'll try to do it on the weekend.

Dash Kappei

The design behind this game is the worst shit ever, like any F2P iPhone game, yet I cannot stop playing it. Just reached the 10 fuel cost tracks and seeing a screenshot of a fetch quest involving V parts is making me cringe. I don't know if I should go on knowing that they're coming up. I do enjoy the gameplay a tonne. I've spent $5AUS and felt bad about that, but I have enjoyed it so I'm not going to argue. Spending no more though unless those V fetch quests break me.

Also, has my A.N.B.A bugged out? It's stuck on 6 block repairs and every time I repair the 6 blocks it just resets it. This happened after I did a ~28 block repair quest, the dialogue seemed to cut out after the 'boss' of that repair and then it went back to 6. There's still at least 1 level I cannot access because it's telling me to do ANBA missions.

And finally, fuck Uplay. It's so bad.

Well, I've spent 99c and am up there with the best on a few tracks and have been as up as top300 globally (there's almost 1.5M total players , with 700k players reaching at least phase 2 fuel7 tracks and 500k players at level 20 and above... Player base is much, much more skilled than your usual f2p fare, seems right considering the kind of people who'd be interested in the gameplay).

It's certainly gotten worse since the update that "fixed" the time glitch for the slot machine and upgrading parts: before you didn't need to be online, so you could abuse your device's internal clock not only to replenish your fuel but also to farm money with the slot and not having yo wait fucking DAYS for a small upgrade to apply.

Btw, what about uPlay in this game bothers you?
ANBA grids can have the same number of blocks a few times in a row, not unusual, carry on playing :)

Maddrical

Btw, what about uPlay in this game bothers you?
ANBA grids can have the same number of blocks a few times in a row, not unusual, carry on playing :)

It's just not necessary and keeps signing me out so I have to log in to use the slot machine. Frustrating.

Fair enough, but I haven't received any unique dialogue in a good 3-4 blocks of 6. I'll keep going though as I use it to grind coins.

Did the latest patch add the inverted airtime or is that added once you reach a certain level on your slot machine? Either way, inverted airtime can suck a big one. It's by far the most frustrating thing to get, but at the same time the most rewarding when you pull it off. I had to get 5 inverted airtime and do 6 frontflips on one track and it took about 20 minutes. Fist pumped a lot after that one. Adding gold or silver to inverted airtime is a nightmare.

Dash Kappei

It's just not necessary and keeps signing me out so I have to log in to use the slot machine. Frustrating.

Fair enough, but I haven't received any unique dialogue in a good 3-4 blocks of 6. I'll keep going though as I use it to grind coins.

Did the latest patch add the inverted airtime or is that added once you reach a certain level on your slot machine? Either way, inverted airtime can suck a big one. It's by far the most frustrating thing to get, but at the same time the most rewarding when you pull it off. I had to get 5 inverted airtime and do 6 frontflips on one track and it took about 20 minutes. Fist pumped a lot after that one. Adding gold or silver to inverted airtime is a nightmare.

Patch added a few tricks on the slot.
Btw, ANBA won't advance past a certain point if you don't keep clearing "storyline" bits from the main campaign. Either way, ANBA's "only" good for farming money/gems/exp, nothing more.

Lol at the fist pumping, I know what you mean... That fucking feeling when after basically going crazy at that ANBA opponent you finally beat him by a 0.01sec... those bastards and their Mud Cakes, I HATE THE SWAMP TRACKS WITH ALL MY HEART!!

About uPlay, dunno maybe DL the uPlay app and signing in once through that might fix it for you?
All I know is that it automatically signs me in but I need to wait a minute or two before it "catches on" if I fire up the game after a while that it has been idle in the multitasks bar.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I just won a track from the slot machine that I already had. I don't know why I'm still playing, but I am.

Ghost challenges suck. Some of them are hacked, people teleporting everywhere, driving through invisible platforms. Not fun.

Maddrical

Ghost challenges suck. Some of them are hacked, people teleporting everywhere, driving through invisible platforms. Not fun.

I haven't seen this once, I hope I don't run into it.

Btw, ANBA won't advance past a certain point if you don't keep clearing "storyline" bits from the main campaign.

Ahh, that makes a lot of sense. I just passed another 0/6 one and then it finally progressed to one that needs 30 memory block repairs. I like these things, great way to make cash. Some of the opponents are damn hard though, this one on Wall Crack is killing me currently.

Latest update increased the slot machine to 90 minutes?? Not happy about that. They definitely left it out of the patch notes too. I liked the idea of an island with really hard tracks but 80 gems to access it? Pretty disappointing, means I have to start saving all my gems and can't re-spin at all until I have it unlocked. I want to try out these tracks!

I gave up on this a while back - but still have it installed. Moved onto Plundernauts - which is much more friendly to people who don't want to pay.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Seems like everyones given the fuck up anyways, but the latest patch makes spins now take 90 minutes instead of 60, and makes you pay gems for a new island that's "so worth it".. except it's full of shitty 5 gas levels with equally shitty rewards. Lol fuckouttahere.

Maddrical

Are the island levels bad? That's pretty disappointing, seems like a cashgrab for people to spend their gems more than anything.

Maddrical

What's the best way to grind these V parts? I'm using the 10 tracks but struggling, it's taken me about a week to obtain one and a half of them. If there's heaps more coming it's going to be months before I finish this damn game... it's killing me!!

Vov

What's the best way to grind these V parts? I'm using the 10 tracks but struggling, it's taken me about a week to obtain one and a half of them. If there's heaps more coming it's going to be months before I finish this damn game... it's killing me!!

They take a while but there are not too many V part missions. I did the 5/7 tracks because the probability of getting the III parts from the wheel is really low. Also my advice is to keep your times as bad as you can that way you can rake in the coins from the anba robot by beating your times. And when you do beat the ghost only beat it by a second or less if possible.

Maddrical

Also my advice is to keep your times as bad as you can that way you can rake in the coins from the anba robot by beating your times. And when you do beat the ghost only beat it by a second or less if possible.

That'd be a good idea, too late though. I've platinum'd probably half the tracks and the rest are gold, maybe 1-2 silver. Oh well!

Dash Kappei

Fuckin' finally!!!

Has taken me ages to rack up enough gems (refuse to buy 'em)

Seems like everyones given the fuck up anyways, but the latest patch makes spins now take 90 minutes instead of 60, and makes you pay gems for a new island that's "so worth it".. except it's full of shitty 5 gas levels with equally shitty rewards. Lol fuckouttahere.

The island tracks' needed only 5 gas is deceitful (but welcomed!), they're all actually akin to very hard/extreme tracks and a couple are the most difficult tracks in the whole game.

What pisses me off is that I need to über upgrade my Tier 1 bikes now, damn

As for rewards, what I like about the latest patch is that you get money rewards on your spin pretty often, and they're now up to 20k (also 10k, 5k and the old 1k) coins! It's not like you need any rewards other than money for the endgame and endgame+'s new missions content anyway, so...

I'm still the number one gaffer by far, come at me boys! :D
UPlay: dashkap
I won't add you if you don't say your GAF handle

Btw, my current tally is:

•4 Bronzes (all from the Island, just unlocked lol)
•5 Silvers (2 from the Island)
•21 Golds
•56 Platinums

Dash Kappei

In the feeble hope someone good enough reads the thread...

While my ANMBA is stuck/lost forever since I'm racing versus a 23"600 (circa) time on Trojan Giraffe, probably 'cause when I rolled this challenge a few weeks back I was #48 on the leaderboard for the track (now I'm #242, lol!), what REALLY pisses me off is having been stuck on the new endgame content since the patch hit!

Mission is "Doing Your Part" you have to beat Cassidy on THE LIFT while filling a 6-bars reverse air-time...
HOW?! Please help, can't seem to be able to fill up the bar, and whenever I even get as far as 5 (I need 6 anyway) then Cassidy beats me.

Is there a video or some tips, did any of you guys pass this mission?

It's driving me crazy!

Maddrical

Mission is "Doing Your Part" you have to beat Cassidy on THE LIFT while filling a 6-bars reverse air-time...
HOW?! Please help, can't seem to be able to fill up the bar, and whenever I even get as far as 5 (I need 6 anyway) then Cassidy beats me.

I'm stuck on the exact same mission. Both parts have me stumped. The Watchers is, in my opinion, the worst designed level in the game. It feels very inconsistent. I'm going to use a banana on both of them I think, I've nearly got enough gems.

Been stuck on the final mission for 2-3 days now, I cannot beat Butch. I can clear the entire level just fine up until the very last obstacle which takes me a billion goes every time. It's the first level I've reached the restart limit on, and I did it twice, on that one obstacle. Is there a trick to it? I've made it maybe half a dozen times.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So.. Anyone still playing this and/or the Halloween update?

I don't know how the fuck the 4th pumpkin quest will be possible. Barely completed the 3rd with like half an hour to go. Almost completely reliant on your spins and having infinite time.

Dash Kappei

So.. Anyone still playing this and/or the Halloween update?

I don't know how the fuck the 4th pumpkin quest will be possible. Barely completed the 3rd with like half an hour to go. Almost completely reliant on your spins and having infinite time.

Yep, still playing almost daily!
Feel free to add me on uPlay (dashkap). Finally unlocked the knight suit with 75 Platinums. Still missing a crapton of tracks tho, damn slot machine, so that hinders my total score (which is only tied to medals and not times which is bullshit imo)... fell to the 1500+ in the world now.
Also the halloween update glitched on me and it's not giving me any new missions, so I'll miss out on 3 tracks (there are 4 total) but hopefully not forever. I would have given up anyway, that shit super boring who the fuck decided it was a good idea to have me mindlessly race to stomp 2100 pumpkins... fuck that.

Top Bottom