• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Fusion |OT| Future!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad it's coming to PS4, as I hate buying Ubisoft games on PC. Sloppy ports and Uplay make my wallet cringe. I dunno if I wanna buy $40 worth of it, though, and I don't see the standard $20 version up for pre-order.

I'm glad it's coming to PS4, as I hate buying Ubisoft games on PC. Sloppy ports and Uplay make my wallet cringe. I dunno if I wanna buy $40 worth of it, though, and I don't see the standard $20 version up for pre-order.

Buy it digitally. You'l be able to pick it up for $20..

Daigoro

TRIALS baby.

online multi wasn't popular enough but offline was? balls to that. supercross was the weakest part of the multiplayer easily. Trials and hardcore was awesome though. I sunk many hours into the multi on Evo. sad to see it abandoned.

Anyways, sticking with 360 for this one. best franchise last gen lives.

I'm excited.

Overdoziz

Banned
TRIALS baby.

online multi wasn't popular enough but offline was? balls to that. supercross was the weakest part of the multiplayer easily. Trials and hardcore was awesome though. I sunk many hours into the multi on Evo. sad to see it abandoned.

Anyways, sticking with 360 for this one. best franchise last gen lives.

I'm excited.
Local multiplayer is probably much cheaper and easier to do. I remember the servers being a mess during the months after launch.

Daigoro

of course, doesn't temper my disappointment though.

I remember the server issues too. all my stats got reset lol. once they figured it all out it was very solid though. sad too see it go personally.

Anyways it's TRIALS and that's what matters. I'll be there day one.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Cant wait for this. Also it has some tie ins to the ios game, where you need to get a medal on the same track in both games. Hopefully the console version wont have the same

Zeth

Sucks about the OT conflct, hope you guys work something out.

Anyway, I caved - installing the beta now.

Overdoziz

Banned

cackhyena

People get to claim shit like this? How about this one is up first and it's good enough and that's the way it should be? Crazy, I know.

I only see the $40 version on the game on SEN, are we sure this is a $20 game?

Yeah

Trials Fusion will be available as a digital download for $19.99, or you can pick up a physical edition, which includes a Season Pass, for $39.99. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter as well — we have a ton of content and announcements planned for the coming weeks. See you on the leaderboards!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/02/26/trials-fusion-comes-to-ps4-april-16th/

They just haven't put up the pre-order for the standard version of the game.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I've never bought a Trails game, but my friend loved them back on the 360 and has convinced me to join him for this one on PS4.

People get to claim shit like this? How about this one is up first and it's good enough and that's the way it should be? Crazy, I know.

Because then you would get multiple OTs from a bunch of people wanting to do it. Some people fighting over who's better, who posted it at the right time. By letting people claim them you rarely get any issues, one person says they want to do it, and then they do, if they don't do it within a reasonable time or can't someone else can take over the responsibility.

cackhyena

I've never bought a Trails game, but my friend loved them back on the 360 and has convinced me to join him for this one on PS4.

Because then you would get multiple OTs from a bunch of people wanting to do it. Some people fighting over who's better, who posted it at the right time. By letting people claim them you rarely get any issues, one person says they want to do it, and then they do, if they don't do it within a reasonable time or can't someone else can take over the responsibility.
Multiple? How many people here actually chomp at the bit to create one of these comprehensive things? I'd guess not many. First person to get a good one up ... like this one should just win by default. Sounds like the guy calling dibs needs to let it go to me.

Nyx

Great games, but everytime I hit the harder levels I quit in frustration and never look back again.

So this will be the first Trials I'll skip.

Agreed. Especially when this is a very competent OT. First post is perfect for an OT.
That's not the point. Some people really enjoy preparing OTs and put a lot of time into them. It's why there's an official signup thread, otherwise no one would bother if they could get sniped a la ebay.

cackhyena

There's a sign up thread to do OTs? Alright that changes things. I thought it was just I call dibs in whatever thread type of thing.

Leckan

Why do they have a X360 version and PS4 version but no PS3 version? A X360 version means they already have it up and running for last gen and PS4 implies no MS exclusiveness.

This makes no sense.

Why do they have a X360 version and PS4 version but no PS3 version? A X360 version means they already have it up and running for last gen and PS4 implies no MS exclusiveness.

This makes no sense.

Probably because they'd have to dick around with Cell, I'm guessing, whereas they're already well acquainted with the 360 due to HD/Evo.

This makes no sense.
I don't know if it's some exclusivity thing with MS for last gen, or if it's because the team has never made a PS3 game and the Cell processor takes some getting used to.

By the way I just stumbled upon this gem on GameFAQs:

Trials is an Xbox series, in fact the game probably wouldn't even have taken off if it wasn't for the success and popularity of the Xbox Live Arcade and is among one of the best sellers there. So why the hell is it not just Xbox One and Xbox 360, what is possessing them to release it on the PS4 as well? It's not even coming to PS3.

Oh wait I know, it's the greedy developers and publishers who want to take a bite out of the PS4's sales success while slapping us supporting fans in the face. Great move on paper, but I want nothing to do with a former Xbox series that soldout just to make EVEN MORE money. The XOne and 360 versions alone would have made them more than enough profit
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/68696386

If it's a troll post it's very well done.

crispyben

This makes no sense.
My guess is they have a working last-gen engine for the 360 due to previous iterations of the game, and a current-gen engine for Xbox One / PS4, but nothing for PS3.

andylsun

This will be one of my first purchases when I get my PS4. Loved Evolution and HD. Don't want to keep buying software for my 360, so will wait.

whitehawk

Banned
Oh, sorry about that. I checked the list in the OP and didn't see it listed. Just now saw that it hadn't been updated in months. :/

Anyway, I'll ask the mods to close this thread once yours is up.
Thanks man. Been working on it but it got delayed a bit because of exams. It will be up today for sure.

Uiki

Can we get a list of people to add on uplay to time trial against? I got 0 friends on that damn thing.

Anyway, add me.

Id: FREEuikiSPIRIT

snacknuts

we all knew her
Can we get a list of people to add on uplay to time trial against? I got 0 friends on that damn thing.

Anyway, add me.

Id: FREEuikiSPIRIT

What's uplay?

Buying for 360, would love to have more GAFers to compete with. Feel free to add me. XBL name is snacknuts.

Pedersen

Does anyone know if the Xbone and 360 share leaderboards? My 360 just died and all my friends are buying it on there, and the most fun for me is beating their time. I spent hours and hours at the previous games trying to be at the top of my friend list.

Lima

Does anyone know if the Xbone and 360 share leaderboards? My 360 just died and all my friends are buying it on there, and the most fun for me is beating their time. I spent hours and hours at the previous games trying to be at the top of my friend list.

Since both Xbox Live API's are completely separate I wouldn't count on it.

Uiki

What's uplay?

Buying for 360, would love to have more GAFers to compete with. Feel free to add me. XBL name is snacknuts.

I'm not gonna pay microsoft to play online anymore.. I would miss all my friend list on 360 and hours trying to beat times (and the community maps T_T).. but fuck that gold bullshit, ms.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I'm not gonna pay microsoft to play online anymore.. I would miss all my friend list on 360 and hours trying to beat times (and the community maps T_T).. but fuck that gold bullshit, ms.

Weren't the previous Trials games completely full-featured with just a Silver subscription? At least the leaderboards and track central stuff, not sure about the online multiplayer (but this one doesn't have that anyway, at least at launch).

snacknuts

we all knew her

I don't do PC games, it's not coming to PS3, and I've seen no compelling reason to buy a next gen system yet, so it's the 360 or nothing for me.

Saroyan

Uplay friendlist is just for PC version right? Just wondering if they are doing something different for console leaderboards with this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom