• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trine (PC/PSN) |OT|

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Bog said:
Co-op's great until the absolutely broken final level. That level alone cost them another sale of Trine 2.
Just think now we can live that moment online with a friend in the sequel though!

Anony

bought trine on steam sale
cant launch it
i'm guessing because i skipped the nvidia physx, but i have a ati gpu, so i thought it would be useless

can anyone verify

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Anony said:
bought trine on steam sale
cant launch it
i'm guessing because i skipped the nvidia physx, but i have a ati gpu, so i thought it would be useless

can anyone verify
PhysX isn't some kind of nVidia driver. It's a physics library. Go into the Trine folder and install it.

Anony

Lyphen said:
PhysX isn't some kind of nVidia driver. It's a physics library. Go into the Trine folder and install it.
thanks for confirming, working now

nice that it's borderless windowed for the multimonitor users out there

Too lazy to make a LTTP thread.

Played the PC version, beat it on Medium difficulty. It was okay. Yes it looked gorgeous even on low settings and the platforming was interesting at first, but it just got repetitive. Same with the enemy variety. I also thought the "bosses" were underwhelming (I evaded the toad-like creature until I realized I could shoot it in the back with the Thief from the high ground). The last level and the ending were terrible; almost like Borderlands in the lack of payoff. The camera worked well most of the time but sometimes I had to fight it.

The puzzles were pretty easy and at a certain point I would just triangle-grapple everything so that removed most of the challenge. The physics worked well most of the time but would also be frustrating.

I suppose co-op would make it more fun.

Lone_Prodigy said:
I suppose co-op would make it more fun.
Not only that but it also makes it more challenging. When in single player you only need to clear obstacles once and you're probably doing it with the character best suited for it (thief most likely thanks to the grappling hook).

When you're playing co-op you have to work with your partner in order to clear an obstacle or defeat an enemy. I've played so far with three different partners and it's always felt like a different game. I still need to get a whole party to do the full co-op (three players), it should be awesome.

Yeah, the game doesn't have much in the bosses department, and there aren't really "puzzles", just obstacles which need to be cleared, but it was very fun for me. I'm looking forward to Trine 2, day one.

ArjanN

Lone_Prodigy said:
The last level and the ending were terrible; almost like Borderlands in the lack of payoff.

50525658.gif

Most people didn't like the last level because they thought it was too hard. Which it wasn't I thought the last level was a great little test of all the stuff you've learned through the game. I also thought the ending was funny and fitted the lighthearted story.

Also, getting all the hidden collectables actually made the game better as well, since it forces you to do a lot more platforming.

The levels (except the last one) are kind of sandboxy, in that just beating them isn't very hard, it's more about making your own fun.

GC|Simon

The game needs more love. I bought it a few days ago with the Frozenbyte Humbled Indie Game Bundle and since yesterday, I'm through it. Great gameplay, great sound, great graphics - and overall a fantatstic game.

Awesome. Buy it now.

Tizoc

I rather enjoyed Trine, but hope Trine 2 becomes a major improvement on it (and have less tedious trophies). Didn't bother Platinuming it but I did manage to get most if not all of the Silver trophies.

Revoh

Sorry for the bump. I'm playing this for the first time on PC. How can I play this in fullscreen without the black bars around the image?

My native resolution is 1920x1080, my game resolution is set to 1920x1080 too.
http://i.imgur.com/pjsA9.jpg

Edit: Fixed it adding "refresh_rate_override = 60" to the options.txt file.

Hey sorry for the bump but how can I make the AA better in this game?

I have it on max in the launcher settings but are there any tweaks like with Nvidia Inspector? Nothing seems to work to enhance it.

Top Bottom