• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Truck carrying 25 MILLION bees overturns in Utah

Status
Not open for further replies.
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A truck hauling millions of bees overturned in southern Utah and authorities are trying to capture the swarming insects.

The Deseret News says the tractor-trailer was carrying an estimated 25 million bees when it overturned on Interstate 15 near St. George Sunday evening.

There was no immediate word on how many of the bees escaped but authorities were consulting with the Utah Department of Agriculture to determine how to capture or eliminate them.

KTVX-TV reports that the driver of the semi and a passenger were transported to a local hospital due to injuries caused by the bees. Authorities are recommending drivers in the area to keep windows closed.

The crash closed the southbound lanes of I-15 for several hours Sunday night.

http://www.wishtv.com/dpps/news/str...-bees-crashes-insects-escape-ob11-jgr_3971138

I'll go ahead and get the obvious one out of the way...

The driver should bee more careful while driving.

GsEcC.gif

Teh Hamburglar said:
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A truck hauling millions of bees overturned in southern Utah and authorities are trying to capture the swarming insects.

How do you capture millions of bees? Is such a thing even possible

ReBurn

Gold Member
Teh Hamburglar said:
If not then they may soon be hurt. They are trying to capture or exterminate them :eek:
Maybe they could speak rationally to the bees and ask them to return to the truck so there isn't needless violence.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Meus Renaissance said:
How do you capture millions of bees? Is such a thing even possible

Presumably it was hives that were being transported and not just sacks full of bees.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Big Baybee said:
Bee stings don't even hurt. But if a wasp is my house or car I freak the fuck out.

I remember going through a car wash with a wasp in the car. Worst 3 minutes of my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom