• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

True Detective - Season 2 - We get the Season we deserve - Sundays on HBO

I keep seeing people say 8 hours is not enough for 4 characters' developments.

Why? Plenty of two hour films do that in a doddle. 12 Angry Men has 12 (obviously!) distinct characters who grow and progress in an hour and a half. It's feasible. Pizzolatto just couldn't pull it off.

Season finale tonight:
Omega Station

Frank, Ray and Ani weigh their options as Caspere's killer and the scope of corruption are both revealed.
Just a reminder that this is a 90-minute finale and HBO is airing a teaser for Westworld a few minutes before the episode this evening.

Wife and I finally binged this season to get caught up for tonight. Show doesn't feel anything even remotely close to the first season.

Also is it me or is like 90% of the car dialogue scenes shot on green screen?

Grinchy

Banned
Yeah, the 90 minute run time will probably have me waiting until tomorrow to watch this, but I'm excited! Can't wait to watch the sloppy ending to this half-assed show.

Robot Pants

4L546o2.jpg

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
So i just finally watched episode 7. It was the most exciting show the entire season, got me excited for the finale, but fuck if it also doesn't exemplify how lack luster this season was. So little has happened up until now. Disappointed what's his face died. He was my favorite and I really thought he was gonna pull through. What was his name?
Stan?

Aurongel

Weirdly excited for the finale, only to see how (if...) they tie things together given the extended runtime.

Also worth mentioning that there's a good chance this will be the final time a new episode of TD is aired on TV. I'm guessing they're not going to pursue another season.

- J - D -

This will be the first episode of S2 that I'm catching live as it airs. The previous episodes I marathoned over the last couple nights.

I gotta say, as I suppose a brief critique of the last 7 episodes -- I don't how you guys tolerated watching this over the course of 2 months.

duckroll

Looks like the director of the finale is the same person who directed episode 5 this season. Hmmm. Wasn't a big fan of that episode.

Deku Tree

Looks like the director of the finale is the same person who directed episode 5 this season. Hmmm. Wasn't a big fan of that episode.

Didn't someone tell me the director of the season finale was the same person who directed the GoT season finale? Is that also true? Because I liked the GoT finale.

duckroll

Didn't someone tell me the director of the season finale was the same person who directed the GoT season finale? Is that also true? Because I liked the GoT finale.

No. David Nutter is not involved with this show. The director for episode 6 (the one with the party) also did Hardhome on GoT season 5 though. It wasn't the finale, but it was the best episode of the season. He's directing the last two episodes of the -next- season of GoT, so maybe that's where the confusion came from.

Zozobra

Maybe this time around, instead of having a final episode that retroactively ruins the whole season and the interesting characters it had built up, tonight's finale will retroactively make this season awesome? It could happen.

Gorillaz

interested to see how they tie this finale up

Wasn't a fan of the finale of season 1 and how the case went down. The whole "paint on his ear thing" had me rolling my eyes..that being the thing that had them find the killer was meh.

Hope pizzaboy didn't make that sort of "clue" again for this finale

I have been watching Twin Peaks season 1 on Netflix (LTTP) and have the season finale to watch tonight after I put the kids to bed. I am seriously considering watching that over TD S2 finale live... How did that happen?

Bodacious

Banned
It hasn't been a bad show, it just can't compare to the first season. First season had suspense, tension, action, great breasts. Carcosa ffs. This season .. depressing songs played by a depressing woman in a depressing bar.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I finally got around to watching last weeks episode and have to say it was better than expected. Also i had no idea this was only an 8 ep series and the finale is tonight. I am suddenly excited. I was about to say watching this episode that things feel like they are coming to an end.

Top Bottom