• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

True Detective - Season 2 - We get the Season we deserve - Sundays on HBO

You're right.

Since we're eight minutes in, I can't judge one fucking moment that happened...

Oh, wait.

It's just really unpleasant to read when following live the show and reading criticism over criticism from the same guy. We get it, you don't think it will live up to the first season, but you could tone it down a bit for the people who actually want to give it a chance and enjoy it.

styl3s

This dude looks really familiar. Anyone else?

Rachel looking good.
It looked like the guy from Nikita and Idol Hands.. Something Sawa?

EDIT. According to IMDB it's Riley Smith. Looks an awful lot like that Idol Hands dude though.

Devon Sawa?
Yeah that's who i thought it was but it's Riley Smith.
maximfornarina02ct6.jpg

He played that kid who smuggled the drugs in 24 season 3. I think that's where i was remembering him from.

spyder_ur

It looked like the guy from Nikita and Idol Hands.. Something Sawa?

EDIT. According to IMDB it's Riley Smith. Looks an awful lot like that Idol Hands dude though.

Yeah that's who i thought it was but it's Riley Smith.

He played that kid who smuggled the drugs in 24 season 3. I think that's where i was remembering him from.

Ha, that's a deep cut but I remember that. Probably was just in my mind though.

sangreal

They started with the unsolved rape of Ray Velcoro's (Colin Farrell) wife, though.

The problem is the characters and tone are off so far.

it is all over the place so far, but I expect everything to come together eventually. How many episodes did the critics get? 4?

Magnus

New viewer to True Detective here. I know it's an Anthology series that's starting fresh, but I'm really lost. I can't figure out much of what's going on. Haven't felt this stupid watching a new show in awhile.

This felt like it needed a better hook a bit faster.... most folks watching with me are losing interest quick.

Vaughn probably should have been pulling fingers off from jump and actually had a look that wasn't the same shit he's been rocking for two decades now

i'm just not buying what he's selling

Archer

Texas Forever, in for my boy riggins and colin farrell (and the last season too of course)

that set of directors feels kinda wasteman though. wasn't william friedkin rumored to direct some of these?

i like Miami Vice more than No Country for Old Men tbh. Miami Vice is best case scenario for this season for me, i don't think it will be on that level.

Inside Llewyn Davis is the best of the 00s coens movies tho anyways.

Is this with watching?

Squalor

New viewer to True Detective here. I know it's an Anthology series that's starting fresh, but I'm really lost. I can't figure out much of what's going on. Haven't felt this stupid watching a new show in awhile.

This felt like it needed a better hook a bit faster.... most folks watching with me are losing interest quick.
Not that I'm lost, but this is really scattered so far.

One of season one's strengths was how insular everything was.

I swear to god if everything winds up connected in some way, I'm going to freak. Don't do it, Pizzolatto.

Popnbake

Not that I'm lost, but this is really scattered so far.

One of season one's strengths was how insular everything was.

I swear to god if everything winds up connected in some way, I'm going to freak. Don't do it, Pizzolatto.

Yeah, one thing I don't like about this opening is the focus on four major character stories as opposed to two in the first season.

Top Bottom