• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TRUMP 2016: "The Winston Churchill of Our Time"

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjipwns

Banned
http://www.progressivestoday.com/unbelievable-news-site-posts-picture-of-donald-trump-in-crosshairs/
UNBELIEVABLE! News Site Posts Picture of Donald Trump in CROSSHAIRS

After the 2011 shooting of Gabby Giffords, liberals immediately blamed Sarah Palin for creating a political map with crosshairs marking political districts which she hoped Republicans would win.

The map had absolutely nothing to do with the shooting. The shooter turned out to be a left wing loon who needed psychiatric help. Liberals were just politicizing the incident, as they always do.

America was then subjected to weeks of finger wagging from liberals who insisted that we needed a new tone in American politics.

This week, the news site Business Insider posted this story:

The South Carolina GOP has Trump in its crosshairs

One Twitter user caught them promoting the story with a picture of Donald Trump in crosshairs:
Business-Insider-Trump.jpg

Is this part of the NEW TONE?

Can you even imagine what would happen if someone posted a similar picture of Hillary Clinton?

benjipwns

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-paa3wwGWww
Professional wrestler and actor Hulk Hogan told TMZ he wants to be GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump’s running mate if he makes it to the general election.

A TMZ reporter asked Hogan, whose real name is Terry Bollea, which candidate he would want to fight against in the wrestling ring.

“I don’t want to be in the ring with any candidates. I want to be Trump’s running mate,” Hogan replied.

“Did you hear that? Vice President Hogan,” he added.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah, I'm almost positive about this. Unless I imagined the entire thing, I saw a segment on Last Week Tonight where John Oliver mocked him, and I recognized it as good French but with a bad accent.

That was him speaking Spanish. It was a segment about Cuba. His grammar was good but his accent was shit.

benjipwns

Banned
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...ning-because-americans-are-tired-of-being-the
Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump says he is leading the GOP race because he represents Americans who have had it with their nation coming up short.

“People in this country are smart,” he told listeners at the National Federation of Republican Assemblies’ 2015 conference in Nashville on Saturday.

“We’re tired of being the patsies for everyone,” Trump said.

“There is a big, big, growing-by-leaps-and-bounds silent majority out there. [The 2016 race] is going to be an election based on competence.”

Trump argued he is surging in national polls because he represents the Tea Party supporters ignored by Democrats and betrayed by Republicans.

“I love the Tea Party,” Trump said. “You people have not been treated fairly. These are people who work hard and love their country, and then get beat up by the media. It’s disgusting.”

“At least I have a microphone and can fight back,” the outspoken billionaire added.

Trump indicated he envisions a much wider base for his campaign than traditional Republican voters next election cycle.

“You don’t know how big you are,” he told listeners. “The Tea Party has tremendous power. It’s Democrats, it is evangelicals, it is everybody.”

The New York business mogul also vowed he would not succumb to the prestige and power of Washington’s political establishment if he wins in 2016.

“They go to Washington and they get weak,” Trump said of Democrats and Republicans alike. “They get there and they see these beautiful, vaulted ceilings and they say, ‘Honey, I’ve made it.’ That won’t happen to me, I promise.”

Trump also said he intends on saving taxpayer dollars by focusing his energy on the nation’s capital if elected next year.

“I think I’d maybe never leave,” Trump quipped of the Oval Office. “I’d do the fundraisers in the White House. Whoever the [interview] host is would like it better – ‘Hey, we’re live from the White House.’”

“Do you know how much it costs to fuel those things?” he joked of jets like Air Force One.

“We have so many things to do to straighten out our country,” Trump added. “We can’t waste time.”
dat video

Baibars

Banned
This is why every progressive should be ecstatic at Trump's popularity. He has the dipshit and/or racist white vote on lockdown. When it comes to the general election, he has essentially no chance no matter who the Democratic nominee may be.

If you care about progressive ideals, you should be doing everything you can to pump up this moron.

People previously have talked about Sanders losing in a Reagan over Mondale like landslide if he wins the nomination over Clinton. Bullshit. If you want to see a dramatic slaughtering in the general election, you want Trump as the GOP nominee. It doesn't matter if it is Clinton or Sanders against Trump. They would destroy him in the general.

If you are a democrat you would want trump as the GOP nominee. Trump has burnt the latino base and african americans would not touch him with a barge pole. And that is why the GOP head honchos better pray someone like rubio gets the nomination because he's their only hope to the white house seeing jeb bush is lacklustre and passionless weak candidate

benjipwns

Banned
http://www.c-span.org/video/?153648-1/trump-campaign-speech
NOVEMBER 15, 1999
Trump Campaign Speech
Mr. Trump spoke about U.S.-Cuba relations, saying that continued isolation of Cuba would eventually topple the Castro government.

http://www.c-span.org/video/?154581-1/trump-news-conference
JANUARY 7, 2000
Trump News Conference
In a joint news conference prior to a fundraiser for Governor Ventura, potential Reform Party presidential candidate Donald Trump and the governor talked with reporters about the Reform Party and Mr. Trump’s possible candidacy. They criticized Pat Buchanan, another Reform Party leader. Governor Ventura said he would support Mr. Trump if he should decide to run. They answered questions from the media.

http://www.c-span.org/video/?154645-1/book-discussion-america-deserve
JANUARY 11, 2000
Book Discussion on The America We Deserve
Mr. Trump talked about his new book and his vision of America in the coming century. Specifically he talked about education reform, infrastructure and foreign relations. After his remarks he answered questions from the audience.

benjipwns

Banned
A close associate tells POLITICO that Donald Trump plans to sign a loyalty pledge Thursday that would bind him to endorse the Republican nominee, and would preclude a third-party run.

Trump made the stunning decision, which he has long resisted, to avoid complications in getting listed on primary ballots, and to take away an attack line in the next debate, the associate said.

Trump is certainly unpredictable, and campaign manager Corey Lewandowski would not confirm the plan. "I don't think you can 'expect' ANYTHING from Mr. Trump," Lewandowski said in a phone interview.
TRUMP 2016: EXPECT NOTHING

jmdajr

For those that don’t think a wall (fence) works, why don’t they suggest taking down the fence around the White House? Foolish people!

This dude

Makki

You know how you have to hit rock bottom in order to curb bad habits? I believe Mr Trump will be the one to take us to rock bottom and beyond! Make America great again lol

Hexa

The lesson from the 150-story building he craved is the same one you get from stepping inside the company. It’s not the hugest in the whole world, and it’s not what it was supposed to be, but it’s something. And, like his politics, it can seem much, much bigger than it is.

Trump has crushed his presidential competition by presenting himself as the finest businessman ever to don a suit. Will his career’s blemishes hurt him? Could Americans who love the great, amazing, terrific, perfect version of Trump accept the flawed one? In his office, he tells me that someone said the cool thing about his race to be the leader of the free world is that if he loses he gets to go back to being Donald Trump again—only an even vaster version.

“So win, lose, or draw, I’m glad I did it,” he says. “Although it’s too early to say that yet.”

Much longer article though.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/graphics/2015-how-trump-invented-trump/

User1608

Banned
My guess is Cruz is going to be Trump's running mate if he wins the nomination. Two unelectable candidates in a general, woo!

"No Nukes for Iran"

So they're... for the deal?

This is the most depressing thing in the world.

People going on rallies for things they don't even understand. That shit right there makes me real sad. Atleast read about the damn deal before going to a goddamn event you don't understand anything about.

xbhaskarx

This New Yorker article...
Trump and Obama: A Night to Remember

Once, and only once, in 2011, have I attended the annual White House Correspondents’ Association dinner in Washington, D.C., on the grounds, as I explained then, that Voltaire is said to have cited when he declined a second invitation to an orgy: once a philosopher, twice a pervert. Luckily for the philosopher in me, it turned out to be an auspicious night. Not only, as we did not know then, was President Obama in the midst of the operation that would lead shortly to Osama bin Laden’s killing; it was also the night when, despite that preoccupation, the President took apart Donald Trump, plastic piece by orange part, and then refused to put him back together again.

Trump was then at the height of his unimaginably ugly marketing of birther fantasies, and, just days before, the state of Hawaii had, at the President’s request, released Obama’s long-form birth certificate in order to end, or try to end, the nonsense. Having referred to that act, he then gently but acutely mocked Trump’s Presidential ambitions: “I know that he’s taken some flack lately—no one is prouder to put this birth-certificate matter to rest than the Donald. And that’s because he can finally get back to the issues that matter, like: did we fake the moon landing? What really happened in Roswell? And—where are Biggie and Tupac?” The President went on, “We all know about your credentials and breadth of experience. For example—no, seriously—just recently, in an episode of Celebrity Apprentice”—there was laughter at the mention of the program’s name. Obama explained that, when a team did not impress, Trump “didn’t blame Lil Jon or Meatloaf—you fired Gary Busey. And these are the kinds of decisions that would keep me up at night.”

What was really memorable about the event, though, was Trump’s response. Seated a few tables away from us magazine scribes, Trump’s humiliation was as absolute, and as visible, as any I have ever seen: his head set in place, like a man in a pillory, he barely moved or altered his expression as wave after wave of laughter struck him. There was not a trace of feigning good humor about him, not an ounce of the normal politician’s, or American regular guy’s “Hey, good one on me!” attitude—that thick-skinned cheerfulness that almost all American public people learn, however painfully, to cultivate. No head bobbing or hand-clapping or chin-shaking or sheepish grinning—he sat perfectly still, chin tight, in locked, unmovable rage. If he had not just embarked on so ugly an exercise in pure racism, one might almost have felt sorry for him.

Some day someone may well write a kind of micro-history of that night, as historians now are wont to do, as a pivot in American life, both a triumph of Obama’s own particular and enveloping form of cool and as harbinger of—well, of what exactly? A lot depends on what happens next with the Donald and his followers. Certainly, the notion that Trump’s rise, however long it lasts, is a product of a special skill, or circumstance, or a new national “mood,” is absurd. Trumpism is a permanent part of American life—in one form or another, with one voice or another blaring it out. At any moment in our modern history, some form of populist nationalism has always held some significant share—whether five or ten per cent – of the population. Among embittered white men, Trump’s “base,” it has often held a share much larger than that. Trump is not offering anything that was not offered before him, often in identical language and with a similarly incoherent political program, by Pat Buchanan or Ross Perot, by George Wallace or Barry Goldwater, or way back when by Father Coughlin or Huey Long. Populist nationalism is not an eruptive response to a new condition of 2015—it is a perennial ideological position, deeply rooted in the nature of modernity: a social class sees its perceived displacement as the result of a double conspiracy of outsiders and élitists. The outsiders are swamping us, and the insiders are mocking us—this ideology alters its local color as circumstances change, but the essential core is always there. They look down on us and they have no right to look down on us. Indeed, the politics of Trump, far from being in any way new, are exactly the politics of Huck Finn’s drunken father in “Huckleberry Finn”: “Call this a govment! Just look at it and see what it’s like . . . . A man can’t get his rights in a govment like this.” Widespread dissatisfaction with all professional politicians, a certainty of having been “sold out,” a feeling of complete alienation from both political parties—“Not a dime’s worth of difference between them” was George Wallace’s formulation, a half century ago—these are permanent intuitions of the American aggrieved.

benjipwns

Banned
What Do Donald Trump Voters Actually Want?
30 of the billionaire real-estate developer’s backers offer individual explanations for their support.

I have been a liberal practically all of my life (29 years). I am an atheist, and my first ever Presidential vote was cast for John Kerry. I more or less despised George Bush, and even though I leaned toward Hillary in 2008, I voted for Obama in 2012. I support gay marriage, legalization of marijuana, and many other liberal positions.

I do, however, believe that our country is in a terrible position and on a terrible track. Trump strikes many of my nerves, but one of the most accurate and dangerously true statements he has made is that "America doesn't win anymore." I agree. The world is rising while America falls. America and its leaders seem resigned to this fact. Rather than stiffening their spine and fighting to make America a prosperous nation for all, they simply talk, go through the motions, throw out a few "red meat" issues to keep their respective bases satisfied, and continue to concede American jobs and economic strength to the rest of the world.

To friends and family, I have long railed against the fact that America uses Presidential rejects and other back-bench political cronies as their chief negotiators. John Kerry (yes, the man I voted for) was out-negotiated time and time again by his Russian counterpart. And now, it appears that the same thing has happened once again with the Iran negotiators. This all ties back to the same fundamental thread: politicians have failed this country, leading to one loss after another.

I do not believe that I am a racist, sexist, homophobic, or any other negative label that has been affixed to Trump supports. Rather, I feel that political correctness has run amok in this country, and we now live in a society where every blogger and Twitter user is searching for the slightest offense so they can try to ruin another human (famous, or not). The average person is afraid of expressing any controversial opinion in a public forum for fear of being "exposed," made viral, and ruined, personally and/or professionally. It is heartening to see someone as confident and impervious to criticism as Trump standing up to this ever-present mob…and winning! People tend to support the underdog. Most media outlets have attacked Trump with so much vitriol that they have turned him into a sympathetic figure.

Yes, I really do feel that Donald Trump has the interests of America at heart. He has already made his money and lived a life of glamour and fame, and another few billion dollars won't have any real impact on his quality of life. Rather, I genuinely believe that Trump feels the need to fight for the country he loves. There once was a time when people could actually feel proud to be Americans, and Trump comes from a generation that experienced that feeling. Now, many are embarrassed to be associated with this country. Jobs are being outsourced with reckless abandon and this country is literally being hollowed out. Economic statistics do no justice to this reality, and the average American knows this to be true.

Trump supporters feel that a confident, strong-willed leader is needed to right the ship and to fight back against the perpetual decline this country has experienced for the last two-plus decades. And to be honest, I feel that Trump is our only hope in this next election. This is coming from someone who voted for Obama in the last election! Anyway, that's my story and the main reasons why I support Trump. I didn't plan out this response for days or try to make this all-inclusive, but this should give you a fair idea of why I, a liberal, support Donald Trump for president.

Thanks for your article. I’m quite a fan of your writing and The Atlantic. I figured I’d take you up on your offer to discuss why I am voting for Donald Trump, if I get the opportunity. I live in New Jersey and usually by the time the primaries get around to me both tickets are decided. Still, I plan on voting for Trump if he is the Republican nominee and will likely pull the lever for him if he runs as an independent.

A bit about my background so you don’t think I’m some sort of fire breathing know-nothing. I am a 39-year-old who earns well into the six figures as a communications executive for a hospital. I have had a long career in journalism and public relations. I have been married to my first and only wife for 12 years; she’s a nurse at a local hospital. I have two boys, aged 10 and 8. One has ADHD (my 10 year old) and one has autism (my eight year old), so I’m plugged into the disabled community. I am a devout Christian and attend a local Methodist church in my area that typically has about 450 people on a Sunday morning across two services. I’m white.

There was a time in my life where I was intimately familiar with politics and enjoyed engaging in all the arguments. I think my interest stopped right around 2008 because everything started to get really nasty. I read somewhere that family members weren’t speaking to each other over political disagreements. I have one brother. He voted for Obama; I voted for McCain. We disagree politically, but he’s the only brother I have and we love each other as brothers do. I cannot imagine our political preferences coming between us. It was also around this time that I started noticing political discourse going from intellectual to downright nasty at all levels, with people losing jobs over their political views in extreme cases.

Politically you could say I’m conservative, but the truth is I no longer care about the liberal vs. conservative arguments. What I want is a country that works and will continue to work for my kids and their kids. Our current elected leadership seems to have no other interest except defeating the opposition, and then when that happens, holding their position through excessive demonizing of their opponents.

So why do I support Trump? Because he’s an authentic leader. I think he’s just what the country needs right now to wake it out of its stupor. We’ve got serious problems, but we spend all our time shouting about whether gays should be allowed to marry. Neither liberals nor conservatives have solid ideas about how to move us forward, and the lack of civility in our discourse prevents them from working together. What results is a paralysis that might be amusing if there wasn’t so much to be done.

Why do I think Trump would be better?

He’s led large organizations before. There hasn’t been much examination of his business beyond his bankruptcies and the fact that he inherited large sums. However, by all accounts he leads an enormous, diversified organization that is worth billions. This requires leadership. Leadership, by the way, is different from knowledge. When you lead a large organization you set vision, goals and expect results. You do not know every detail of every level of your organization. You can’t. The world is too complicated. You delegate and empower. You can get information when you need it and the president has no shortage of people ready to educate him on issues.

He’s a negotiator. I think this part has been under-discussed, and is probably his greatest asset. He’s spent his whole life and career making deals and negotiating deals. In his own words, he negotiates to win. This is a skill, and it’s one that we should learn to value. The current presidential dichotomy has us either electing a liberal or conservative with clearly defined policy views that are not open for negotiation. How does that move us forward? We need to get creative and we need to negotiate.

I believe Donald Trump will be able to do that.

Let me now deal with what I think the main objections to his candidacy have been:

One, he has no political experience. While he doesn’t have any elective experience, it’s not true that he doesn’t have any political experience. He’s been leading a large organization and working with officials constantly; this requires political deftness that frankly might be better than what our current elected officials have to offer.

Two, he doesn’t have specific policy positions. This is a standard negotiating technique. You don’t show your hand publicly. Frankly, I like this better than electing a doctrinaire liberal or conservative who is going to Washington with predefined policy ideas that are rooted in solid philosophies and not open for debate.

Three, he’s a rude blowhard. There is some merit to this. It is abundantly clear that Trump loves the spotlight, and he does say things that make you shake your head and groan. He clearly loves attention, but while this is a flaw I’m not sure it’s a fatal one.

Take the Megyn Kelly flap. I think her question was misguided. It focused on his public statements. I would ask if he has ever been sued for sexual harassment by any of his employees. So far, no one has stepped forward to say that Trump was ever sexually inappropriate toward them, and if there were any out there I am sure they would have been found by now. When The Apprentice was in its first couple of hit seasons, one of the executives at the judging table was a woman. He’s also raised a daughter, Ivanka, who by all accounts is a solid business executive in her own right who loves her father. His woman problem is a bit overblown, I think.

And he did make a good point during the debate. We’ve got serious problems in this country; we shouldn’t be making a big deal over the prospective president’s tone.

So why Trump? It is not because he is a Republican candidate or because he expresses conservative positions. It is not just because he is a political outsider and speaks his mind with no apologies. I support Trump because he is the picture of American greatness. Donald Trump's grandfather, Friedrich, emigrated to New York City from Germany in 1885 and, from humble beginnings (he worked first as a barber), began working toward the American Dream. Fast-forward 100 years later and Donald Trump is the inheritor of a strong work ethic and the richness that is possible only in a free country. Not only is he the inheritor, but he is the embodiment.

Think about the greatness of the American 20th Century. Think about Fred Astaire or Michael Jackson enchanting the world with dance. Think about John F. Kennedy or Ronald Reagan inspiring the world with leadership. Think of Babe Ruth, Martin Luther King Jr., Fred Rogers. The American 20th Century was a great one. Now think about the American headlines of today. What do you think of? War? Poverty? Political division? What are celebrities like today? Do we see greatness in America still on a daily basis or even in the movies? The Trump Family is the picture of the American Dream, and I believe Donald Trump is an honest man. When Donald Trump says that he wants to make America great again, I believe him. He has written books for all to read but that is not enough. He wants to lead.

Granted, Donald Trump cannot promise greatness among us as a society or a country. However, he can promise to be a leader for greatness, and he is fitted to do so.

Trump's foreign and domestic political positions are important and they matter. I am an independent voter and look forward to hearing more about his intentions as the political season rolls along. However, am I sold on his leadership? Yes, I am. Do I believe his courage? Yes, I do. I am relieved that he is not the traditional politician and is not speaking on behalf of his donors. The political system is broken and we need a true outsider to change the way things work. Yes, I know about those pictures with Hillary Clinton. Trump has always been a businessman first and has maintained an abundance of relations. This is a man with a huge network.

Trump is not the caricature that pundits would have you believe. Trump did not build his economic empire just with luck. As a Trump supporter, if I could ask anything from the American people, it would be respect. Please have respect for the family and fortune of this man. This is not just a man, this is the American Dream.

You raise some good points in your article, especially when you refer to his two ex-wives. I hadn't thought about that. I also read the previous article you wrote about Trump, and I thought that it was also well thought out, and you sound like a decent person and you aren't putting me down because I support Trump (I have 3 degrees - B.A., Ed. M., M.A.).

When Barack Obama was elected, I cried for the country. We were doomed. I was not a McCain supporter but I voted for him anyway. I have been holding my nose and voting Republican for the past 40 plus years. George H.W. Bush lied to us when he said he wouldn't raise taxes. Bill Clinton lied to us when he said that he didn't have sex with that woman, and in the OVAL OFFICE of all places - that's my House, not his house.

Al Gore was the bathtub ring around Bill Clinton and he was smug and sanctimonious at the debates, and so G.W. Bush was a better choice and maybe he would govern as a conservative and be like Reagan. Then everything went to hell. Then we got Obama who governs against the will of the people––I do not think Obama loves America and I think he is trying to destroy this country. Whatever did the Democrats see in Obama? Well, maybe that's what we see in Trump. Maybe he is our version of Obama. Maybe everything you say about Trump is true.

But I know that Trump, unlike Obama, loves America. Trump has never lied to me whereas all of the other Republican politicians (like McConnell & Boehner) have. They don't fight for my side. They cave to Obama ahead of time. Nobody fights for my side. Trump fights. Trump wins. I want an Alpha Male who is going to take it to the enemy. I am tired of supporting losers. I used to vote for President based on their positions. Now I am going to vote for President based on emotion. I want a strong man to be president, an Alpha male, somebody who is going to rip the other side a new one. I am tired of losing the fight before we even have a fight. That is why I support Donald Trump. Ted Cruz is my second choice. Never Jeb!

It is not that Trump supporters necessarily trust Trump to be their champion or that he can be relied upon to deliver better than other politicians. It is the confidence that he can't do worse (and just might do better). In the meantime, his supporters relish the contempt he shows toward the mainstream media and politicians (a contempt which is shared not just by Tea Party conservatives, but many educated liberals and independents). I am a Bernie Sanders supporter. But if I had to vote for any Republican, it would certainly be Trump. In a face off between Hillary Clinton and Trump, I again would vote Trump. While he might not deliver on his promises, he would certainly be a bull in the China shop of contemporary American politics, which has long needed destroying and rebuilding.

benjipwns

Banned
http://blogs.cbn.com/thebrodyfile/a...clusive-donald-trump-exclaims-god-is-the.aspx
David Brody: “Who is God to you? What are some of your thoughts on this? Clearly, you’re a smart man, you’re a smart businessman, you’ve contemplated this before or have you contemplate this?”

Donald Trump: “Well I say God is the ultimate. You know you look at this? Here we are on the Pacific Ocean. How did I ever own this? I bought it fifteen years ago. I made one of the great deals they say ever. I have no more mortgage on it as I will certify and represent to you. And I was able to buy this and make a great deal. That’s what I want to do for the country. Make great deals. We have to, we have to bring it back, but God is the ultimate. I mean God created this (points to his golf course and nature surrounding it), and here’s the Pacific Ocean right behind us. So nobody, no thing, no there’s nothing like God.”

Dennis

Banned
If that is his bible who are you to say otherwise?

What happened to religious freedom?

Excuse me, I thought this was America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom