• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TRUMP 2016: "The Winston Churchill of Our Time"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarkus

What was it then?
It was just a different tone of speech, such as what one would use when they are repeating what someone else says. It's literally something that almost everyone I know does when they are talking about a conversation with someone else.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
No. It was certainly an accent, but it wasn't a fake Asian accent.

Oh wait I watched it. " these people don't walk into a meeting and say, how's the weather, how are the Yankees doing? They say WE WANT DEAL! You know, HE JUMP OUT OF SEAT"

Ok what do you want me to do with this? You want me to again, accept he's not a ridiculous racist at worst and appalling statesman and national embarrassment at best?

It was just a different tone of speech, such as what one would use when they are repeating what someone else says. It's literally something that almost everyone I know does when they are talking about a conversation with someone else.

WE WANT DEAL. Yup, everyone does that.

Are you serious? Are you not even a bit embarrassed?

Trump voters have an answer for everything, except what his positions are. Heyoooo.

I think his positions are VERY clear. Do you not? If you're talking about written policy, then wait a bit. This shit is just starting.

His positions change based on what room he's in and who he's talking to. Other than being rich and building a wall I guess.

Did I mention he's rich?

FiggyCal

Banned
Oh wait I watched it. " these people don't walk into a meeting and say, how's the weather, how are the Yankees doing? They say WE WANT DEAL! You know, HE JUMP OUT OF SEAT"

Ok what do you want me to do with this? You want me to again, accept he's not a ridiculous racist at worst and appalling statesman and national embarrassment at best?

WE WANT DEAL. Yup, everyone does that.

Are you serious? Are you not even a bit embarrassed?

The "these people" line is a stretch. There is a very clear context for it. "I'm used to dealing with killers".

Glass Joe

Gotta disagree with you here. It was an accent and if there was any doubt, the broken English supports this.

The "these people" line is a stretch. There is a very clear context for it. "I'm used to dealing with killers".

This I agree with, though. "These people" is referring to tough negotiators, not a race of people.

Stinkles

That was my emphasis on his overall incompetence as a statesman but the caps are his emphasis.

He's damaging our international reputation already and nobody has even voted for him yet. How can we mock international clowns like Maduro and Putin when we're seriously considering Pennywise as the leader of the free world?

At least Maduro can drive a fuckin bus.

Glass Joe

That was my emphasis on his overall incompetence as a statesman but the caps are his emphasis.

How is bolding "these people" in a rant about racism supposed to read like that? You were just being too nitpicky and it's no big deal, just own up to it instead of making excuses.

FiggyCal

Banned

I don't like defending Trump, but the "he'd jump out of his seat" again is referring to the killer on the other side of the negotiation, "jumping" like a tiger or a shark out of the water to catch its prey. I think it really does make sense in context. Why didn't he do the accent for the first half of the anecdote if otherwise?

Stinkles

How is bolding "these people" in a rant about racism supposed to read like that? You were just being too nitpicky and it's no big deal, just own up to it instead of making excuses.

One of them is in all caps and the other bolded. It would have been italics if mobile gaf had an italics button.

But congratulations Columbo! You got me!

I don't like defending Trump, but the "he'd jump out of his seat" again is referring to the killer on the other side of the negotiation, "jumping" like a tiger or a shark out of the water to catch its prey. I think it really does make sense in context. Why didn't he do the accent for the first half of the anecdote if otherwise?

But that's actually not what he said. Go listen again. He's continuing whatever that was.

I couldn't believe that speech as I was hearing it. It was the rambling of a mad man. People on TV were saying it was great that he said teleprompters should be made illegal, but right after he said that he fucking folded up a packet of papers covered in notes and put it in his coat RIGHT THEN AND THERE. He is insane!

Is this real life?

Stinkles

I couldn't believe that speech as I was hearing it. It was the rambling of a mad man. People on TV were saying it was great that he said teleprompters should be made illegal, but right after he said that he fucking folded up a packet of papers covered in notes and put it in his coat RIGHT THEN AND THERE. He is insane!

Is this real life?

Im in here ARGUING with fucking adults about this clown. I'm literally ashamed of us right now. He's unelectable but people with high school diplomas and college degrees are defending him.

FiggyCal

Banned
One of them is in all caps and the other bolded. It would have been italics if mobile gaf had an italics button.

But congratulations Columbo! You got me!

But that's actually not what he said. Go listen again. He's continuing whatever that was.
Just one more thing; you quoted him as saying: "he jump out of seat", when he clearly said "he'd jump out of THE seat". There's no broken English here and in his normal speaking voice, no less, and I invite you, sir, to relisten to the audio.

Glass Joe

Im in here ARGUING with fucking adults about this clown. I'm literally ashamed of us right now. He's unelectable but people with high school diplomas and college degrees are defending him.

Personally I'm not defending him, just giving you shit over a questionable interpretation.

The most crucial voting bloc for the next 50 years.

GOP%20Hispanic%20approval.png

So, assuming that Trump is a mad genius, what's the plan to repair the gulf between him and Hispanic voters? Surely, there's got to be something once (again, assuming that) he's won the GOP nomination?

FiggyCal

Banned
So, assuming that Trump is a mad genius, what's the plan to repair the gulf between him and Hispanic voters? Surely, there's got to be something once (again, assuming that) he's won the GOP nomination?

I don't think he really cares. His plan is basically keep saying "Hispanics love me" and hopefully it will happen. Although, Marco Rubio -- who also is for enclosing the borders (with a fence) and thinks the issue of anchor babies is valid -- is doing okay among latinos. So maybe he just needs time + keep saying good things from now on about how they are all hardworking and great people and not rapists/drug dealers.

NeoXChaos

The plan is simple. How to run as far away from him as possible if you are a vulnerable Republican House or Senate candidate.

Hexa

Make Rubio the VP and have him smooth things over.
"See! I'm not racist! My best VP is Mexican... I mean Cuban. Whatever."

This is why people say the establishment will do anything to make Jeb the nominee. GOP strategists have said they reckon they need about 40-50% of the Latino vote to win enough battleground states to get to 270.
Jeb (although I dislike him), goes against the anti-intellectual trend of hating on other languages and actually speaks Spanish openly while speaking to Spanish speaking Americans.

Remember when Jonh Kerry was outed for knowing French? LOL

Jeb (although I dislike him), goes against the anti-intellectual trend of hating on other languages and actually speaks Spanish openly while speaking to Spanish speaking Americans.

And Mitt Romney supposedly speaks fluent French due to his years there as a missionary. But not a peep of it when he ran for president.

I'd never in my life vote for Jeb, but: the man speaks Spanish fluently, while your average French 201 student who's done a study abroad in Paris runs circles around John Kerry.

danm999

And John Huntsman could speak Mandarin.

BOOOOOOOO

Glass Joe

I can't believe he's only -51. Somehow 14% are favorable and 21% are unfamiliar.

He's flat out saying that if you're an American citizen and your parents are illegals, you're all getting deported. O'Reilly grilled him on it again last night and he said the same thing. That's insanity. Although I think Ramos was being unprofessional, I get why he'd be angry enough to act that way.

Bowdz

That's why he is in the negative though. God forbid someone make a deal with Obama.

I thought the poll was Hispanic's views of the GOP candidates opposed to Republican Hispanic views. If it were just Republicans I could understand it.

So today's Trump speech hit big on protectionism. I think he's pushing on an open door with that one. And it is kinda funny that Bernie Sanders also plays with that topic. That may be why there are some people that like both Trump and sanders.

Ayt

Banned

This is why every progressive should be ecstatic at Trump's popularity. He has the dipshit and/or racist white vote on lockdown. When it comes to the general election, he has essentially no chance no matter who the Democratic nominee may be.

If you care about progressive ideals, you should be doing everything you can to pump up this moron.

People previously have talked about Sanders losing in a Reagan over Mondale like landslide if he wins the nomination over Clinton. Bullshit. If you want to see a dramatic slaughtering in the general election, you want Trump as the GOP nominee. It doesn't matter if it is Clinton or Sanders against Trump. They would destroy him in the general.

Wag

Eh. Hispanics make up the 2nd largest portion of the US population. Without their vote there's no way the GOP can win. They're pretty much done.

Ayt

Banned
Eh. Hispanics make up the 2nd largest portion of the US population. Without their vote there's no way the GOP can win. They're pretty much done.

And the funny thing is, the GOP is so fucked up that the other nominees can't come out against Trump's rhetoric if they want to win the nomination from their party. If you don't agree with the crazy racist who wants Mexico to pay for a wall along the US/Mexico border, you are losing votes. It is best to just try to ignore the topic altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom