• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TRUMP 2016: "The Winston Churchill of Our Time"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecha

Trump only "likes" the bible?? What will his religious supporters think of that lukewarm praise when he "loves Mexicans" (after saying illegal immigrants are rapists) and has "a great relationship with the blacks" (after saying laziness is a trait in blacks)...

You know what he doesn't like? Japan stealing all of our jobs. It feels like I hear about an American company moving to Japan every day.

HylianTom

Banned
I wake up to THIS? Holy shit!

At this point, I'm all-in on recommending: if you're a liberal in an open primary state, you own it to whomever the Democrats nominate to skip the Democratic primary and vote for Trump in the Republican primary.

Holy shit!

braves01

Banned
Trump gets an A+ for entertainment for these speeches today. My favorite part was him saying something he was talking about would be "easier than taking candy from that very beautiful baby" and pointing to a baby in the front row.

_DrMario_

I'm stuck in a hotel room and the TV has CNN. This is the first time I've ever watched him speak and holy shit this guy is hilarious.

And he's walking out to Twisted Sisters! He is very entertaining. I can see now how he is so "popular".

Flo_Evans

I think he's referring to the rally in Iowa tonight where he said "I want deal!" with a fake Asian accent. Still inappropriate, but what was suggested would be worse.

Yeah sorry that wasn't an exact quote.

The media coverage of trump is insane, I was looking for some economic doom and gloom and every channel is live streaming this shit!

Trump is a serious threat IMHO people keep treating him like a joke and he is going to walk into the White House.

Glass Joe

The media coverage of trump is insane, I was looking for some economic doom and gloom and every channel is live streaming this shit!

Trump is a serious threat IMHO people keep treating him like a joke and he is going to walk into the White House.

It reminds me Private Parts, the Howard Stern movie: In it, there's a scene with one of the head honchos is getting briefed about how long an average Howard fan tunes in. He is then shocked to learn that an average Stern hater actually tunes in longer, yet for the same reason as the fan: "I want to hear what he'll say next."

The people who hate Trump probably watch him as much as anyone, in hopes they'll catch his latest terrible remark. The bottom line is he gets ratings, to the extent that channels are actually broadcasting his speeches live. All the hate is actually feeding the beast, much like the Frankenstein monster reference about Fox News & Trump that occasionally gets tossed around here.

Flo_Evans

Haha exactly. Trump was actually on Howard stern today (or recently IDK) that I only know cause MSNBC played a freakin clip! People can't get enough of this guy.

HylianTom

Banned
I admit: if he came to town, I'd go to his rally, wear a disguise (hat/glasses), egg him on, cheer very loudly at the most inappropriate stuff, laugh at the proceedings. It'd be like going to a live piece of performance art!

Ayt

Banned

It will be almost impossible to win the White House with no minority support.

Baibars

Banned
I am getting a suspicious feeling that after tonight, alot of folks are going to start taking trump seriously. The guy is just wildfire. He says things that clicks with people.

params7

Banned
Would appreciate if Kelly said Ramos was speaking out of line before Trump had him leave, I don't think that's gonna happen though.

Maybe one day Trump and Kelly will forgive each other and move on.

Thread title made me assume that Trump suggested using chemical weapons against undocumented immigrants.

Would appreciate if Kelly said Ramos was speaking out of line before Trump had him leave, I don't think that's gonna happen though.

Maybe one day Trump and Kelly will forgive each other and move on.

There's no reason for Kelly to forgive Trump...

I am getting a suspicious feeling that after tonight, alot of folks are going to start taking trump seriously. The guy is just wildfire. He says things that clicks with people.
He says things that click with one large group of people, but I suspect that most people outside of this large group won't vote for him.

Amory

I've been listening to trump interviews and rallies on YouTube for about an hour now.

The man really doesn't have a clue what he's talking about, and when interviewers try to call him on it he expertly wrestles the airtime away from them, goes off on a tangent, and winds up on an entirely different subject. Every time.

How anyone could watch this and say "yeah this guy should probably be the most powerful person in the world" is a mystery to me.

The man really doesn't have a clue what he's talking about, and when interviewers try to call him on it he expertly wrestles the airtime away from them, goes off on a tangent, and winds up on an entirely different subject. Every time.
That's his least distinguishing characteristic. It's standard for politicians these days to twist every question into a preconceived talking point, showing their willful ignorance along the way.

I've been listening to trump interviews and rallies on YouTube for about an hour now.

How anyone could watch this and say "yeah this guy should probably be the most powerful person in the world" is a mystery to me.

To be fair, Scott Walker runs away screaming in terror after someone asks him a question and Jeb?!? vomits out raw sewage every time he speaks so Trump seems impressive in comparison.

FiggyCal

Banned
I happen to be flipping through it now and some of what he wrote in 1987, you can clearly see him doing now in his Presidental race:

"One thing I've learned about the press is that they're always hungry for a good story, and the more sensational the better."
"The funny thing is that even a critical story, which may be hurtful personally, can be very valuable to your business."
"When a reporter asks me a tough question, I try to frame a positive answer, even if that means shifting the ground."
"The final key to the way I promote is bravado. I play to people's fantasies. People may not always think big themselves, but they can still get very excited by those who do. That's why a little hyperbole never hurts. People want to believe that something is the biggest and the greatest and the most spectacular. I call it truthful hyperbole. It's an innocent form of exaggeration -- and a very effective form of promotion."

One day, historians will study "Art of the deal" as a manifesto of the president who made America great again.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
I don't know, I'm kind of getting burned out by Trump's shtick.

Plus I'm tired as hell of ignorant goobers who say some variation of, "Trump's not afraid to say what everyone else is thinking!" and the entirety of tea party conservatism giving his taint a tongue buffing.

What is with the battleship gray paint? That's the second time I've heard him mention it but I have no idea what he is talking about or why? Is it some manchurian candidate code phrase?

FiggyCal

Banned
Yeah. It was really not that bad. He didn't do an accent at all for the majority of the Japanese quotes. Although if you listen closely it sounds like he said "herro" and then quickly dropped it.

Jk. But you heard it too right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom