• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TRUMP 2016: "The Winston Churchill of Our Time"

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjipwns

Banned
Doesn't Trump say this shit practically every election cycle?
He's flirted with it for the 1988, 2000, 2012 and 2016 elections.

I think his 2012 stuff was to setup for this year since there's no incumbent. In 2000 he was going to get the Reform Party nomination until he backed out at the last second over disclosure issues. (He also had no personal campaign staff he was going to rely on the Party and Ventura to set that all up.) 1988 he basically just was just throwing it out there in some interview. (Until he had his brain implanted in Bill the Cat.)

benjipwns

Banned
HERE WE GO
(Reuters) - Real estate mogul and TV personality Donald Trump took the first steps on Wednesday toward launching a 2016 presidential campaign, a sign the businessman may jump into the Republican race after publicly considering it in years past.

Trump said he had formed an exploratory committee to determine whether to run, and that he had hired staff in Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina. Those states will be the first to hold Republican and Democratic presidential nominating contests early next year.

In a telephone interview with Reuters, Trump said he would put his job creation record up against anyone, including the dozen or so Republicans who are considering a White House run in 2016.

"I have been dealing with politicians all my life," he said from New York. "They’re all talk and no action, and that's the way it is."

Trump, known by the nickname "The Donald," said that as president he would spur job creation, for example, by cracking down on what he called China's manipulation of its currency, a practice he said that lately has been taken up by Japan.

The United States for years has attempted to persuade Beijing to halt a practice that Washington says China uses to depress the price of its exports.

"I would be extremely strong on the devaluation of their currency," he said.

Trump also said he would increase security along the U.S.-Mexican border.

Trump will not renew his contract for "The Apprentice" while he explores running, according to The New Hampshire Union Leader newspaper.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20150317/NEWS0605/150319086
"I have a great love for our country, but it is a country that is in serious trouble. We have lost the respect of the entire world. Americans deserve better than what they get from their politicians – who are all talk and no action! I have built a great company, created thousands of jobs and built a tremendous net worth with some of the finest and most prestigious assets in the world – and very little debt! All Americans deserve the same opportunity. Our real unemployment rate is staggering while our manufacturing base is eroding on a daily basis. We must rebuild our infrastructure, control our borders, support local control of education, greatly strengthen our military, care for our veterans and put Americans back to work! We must stop other countries from totally taking advantage of our representatives who are being out-negotiated at every turn. I am the only one who can make America truly great again!"

He has a team of political advisers based in New York and he has hired staff in Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina. Senior political adviser Corey Lewandowski, who is a Granite Stater, was hired in February.

Lewandowski cited Trump’s vision and leadership and called him a problem-solver.

According to Lewandowski, “Apprentice” producer Mark Burnett personally called Trump to offer another season of the “Apprentice” but Trump turned him down.

“Nobody in the history of television has turned down a renewal,” Lewandowski said in a phone interview with the Union Leader. “But Mr. Trump can do that.”

ALLLLLLL ABOARD

Brakke

Banned
I was worried for a second
lol no I wasn't
that we wouldn't have a clown on the order of Herman Cain this primary season. Now we got the King Clown himself getting serious. Can't wait.

way more

bender.jpg

At least this gives me a reason to re-read 36 Hours On The Fake Campaign Trail With Donald Trump

“Nobody in the history of television has turned down a renewal,” Lewandowski said

seinfeld-well.gif

Among many others.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Oh, man. And we thought House of Cards was good.
This shit is going to be television GOLD.

benjipwns

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BybCKwq_gSY

“The only one that says ‘ISIL’ is Obama,” Trump said. “He’s the only one. He talks about ‘ISIL,’ everyone else says ‘ISIS.’ He’s got a little reason because there’s a little part of the region — but he’s the only one. Just not a good person and perhaps — go ahead, you can hear it, if you believe it. I don’t know if he has the interest of the country, he probably does, but as I said, I think the whole group, led by the leader, led by the leader, is grossly, grossly, incompetent, and there’s nothing you can do about it.”

This led Trump into a tirade about China “taking our jobs” and immigration, claiming that Mexico is “sending everybody right through the border and we’re taking pictures and watching them.”

“Everybody is coming in illegally, millions of people coming in illegally, we’ve got to stop it at the border and we have to stop it fast,” he said.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/conte...ted-great-iran-deal-because-he-wrote-art-deal
Donald Trump told Iowa radio host Simon Conway yesterday that while NBC wants him back for more seasons of “The Apprentice,” he is too busy to film the show because “the country’s going to hell” and “we have an incompetent president.”

Continuing to pretend that he is running for president, Trump took on President Obama’s negotiations with Iran, which he insisted he would have been able to handle better because he wrote “the biggest-selling business book of all time,” his get-rich guide “The Art of the Deal.”

“The deal is terrible, it’s going to lead to nuclear all over the place and everyone’s going to want to have it and it’s a disaster for Israel, I can tell you, it’s a disaster for this country,” he said. “And they just don’t know what they’re doing.”

I just don't believe it will happen. He's an expert showman so I think he probably knows that he needs to up the ante to maintain the credibility of his antics. I wonder how his showboating will look in 2020 and onwards.

I'll be eagerly awaiting his announcement, in which I have planned a full seven course meal of Trump Steaks (brought to you by Sharper Image), wearing my finest Trump branded linens (made in China), in my Trump Mortgaged home, chugging Trump Vodka mixed with Trump Ice, sitting atop a throne made from loose Trump Magazines.

After his thrilling announcement, me and my adoptive family, The New Jersey Generals, are going to get on our Trump Airlines flight to a luxury vacation bargain deal we found on GoTrump.com that I am able to afford thanks to my Trump University degree, play a few rounds of Trump: The Board Game, and land comfortably in sunny Tampa, Florida to have a thrilling vacation at the Trump Tower as the world comes crumbling down in flames around us.

benjipwns

Banned
Charleston church tragedy sparks feud between Clinton, Trump camps
The fatal shootings this week at a historic black church in South Carolina has sparked a feud between the presidential campaigns of Republican Donald Trump and Democrat Hillary Clinton.

Clinton suggested Thursday that Trump’s comments about Mexicans, during his campaign announcement speech three days earlier, could incite racial hatred like that which led to white male Dylann Roof on Wednesday evening allegedly killing nine black people attending a bible study inside the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church, in Charleston, S.C.

“The people who do this kind of dastardly, horrible act are a very small percentage,” Clinton said in Nevada on the “Ralston Live” radio show. “But unfortunately public discourse is sometimes hotter and more negative than it should be, which can, in my opinion, trigger people who is less than stable to do something like this.”

A recent entry into the Republican presidential campaign said some very inflammatory things about Mexicans. Everybody should stand up and say that’s not acceptable. … You don’t talk like that on the kind of political campaigns. I think he is emblematic.”

Trump said in announcing his 2016 White House bid that when Mexico sends people to the United States the country is “not sending the best.”

“They're sending people that have lots of problems and they're bringing those problems,” Trump said. “They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists and some, I assume, are good people, but I speak to border guards and they're telling us what we're getting."

Trump responded on social media to Clinton’s apparent criticism of him.

“Wow it’s pretty pathetic that Hillary Clinton just blamed me for the horrendous attack that took place in South Carolina,” he said on Instagram. “This is why politicians are just no good. Our country is in trouble.”

Trump also post several responses Friday on his Facebook page and pointed out that he cancelled a campaign event in South Carolina.

“Mr. Trump believes that Hillary Clinton has lost all credibility when she blames him for the horrible incident in South Carolina. Why would Mrs. Clinton attack Donald Trump for something that he has nothing to do with?” he wrote in one post. “Mr. Trump continues to send his prayers and condolences to the people of South Carolina.”

He also wrote: “Mr. Trump believes that Hillary Clinton does not have any credibility when she blames words for violence. … It is totally inappropriate for Mrs. Clinton to exploit this terrible tragedy and use it as an opportunity to attack Donald Trump. She must be nervous about something.”

I love that his Facebook responses are obstinately in the third person.

Ke0

When American politicians say things like "Taking America Back" and things like that, am I wrong to read it as subliminally racist? Or at the very least furthering that "us vs them" belief?

Taking America back from who? The minorities? The black president? It really hard to not read that when I see slogans like that.

ISOM

When American politicians say things like "Taking America Back" and things like that, am I wrong to read it as subliminally racist? Or at the very least furthering that "us vs them" belief?

Taking America back from who? The minorities? The black president? It really hard to not read that when I see slogans like that.

No, those messages are very clearly an open secret in conservative ideology. One of which Dylann Roof exposed but it's not like we didn't know already before his killings.

benjipwns

Banned

Taking it back from the other party.

The Republicans have used it post-2008. The Democrats, most notably Howard Dean, used it in 2004 and everyone used it in 2008. Hillary used it just the other week.

2007 Hillary: "When I am president, working with a Democratic Congress," she said, "we will really take our country back and put it on the right track again."
2015 Hillary: “Be part of our effort to take back our country,” she said
https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/status/609880363200983040

2008 Al Franken: “This is the year we take our country back,"
2007 Obama: “Looks like folks are ready to take back America, take it back. . . . It’s going to be because of you that we take our country back,”

Or targeting special interests:
2015 Rand Paul: "I have a message, a message that is loud and clear and does not mince words," the first-term Kentucky senator said. "We have come to take our country back."
2015 Sanders: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGcdILJ3wz0

In book form:
51pQEoS6OxL.jpg

41-XmheSlNL.jpg

41tIMCCYp1L.jpg

51v0MgIARXL.jpg

51vnw%2B2mIGL.jpg

benjipwns

Banned
Not that racists never use it. It's just that the more obvious explanation is the illegitimacy of the "other" (in the U.S. framed in the two party system) holding political power.

mclem

"Mr. Trump believes that Hillary Clinton has lost all credibility when she blames him for the horrible incident in South Carolina. Why would Mrs. Clinton attack Donald Trump for something that he has nothing to do with?” he wrote in one post. “Mr. Trump continues to send his prayers and condolences to the people of South Carolina.”

Someone inform Adam Hargreaves.

benjipwns

Banned
Statement from Donald J. Trump:

I don’t see how there is any room for misunderstanding or misinterpretation of the statement I made on June 16th during my Presidential announcement speech. Here is what I said, and yet this statement is deliberately distorted by the media:

“When Mexico (meaning the Mexican Government) sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you (pointing to the audience). They’re not sending you (pointing again). They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems to us. They’re bringing drugs.They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people! But I speak to border guards and they tell us what we’re getting. And it only makes common sense. They’re sending us not the right people. It’s coming from more than Mexico. It’s coming from all over South and Latin America, and it’s coming probably from the Middle East. But we don’t know. Because we have no protection and we have no competence, we don’t know what’s happening. And it’s got to stop and it’s got to stop fast.”

What can be simpler or more accurately stated? The Mexican Government is forcing their most unwanted people into the United States. They are, in many cases, criminals, drug dealers, rapists, etc. This was evident just this week when, as an example, a young woman in San Francisco was viciously killed by a 5 time deported Mexican with a long criminal record, who was forced back into the United States because they didn’t want him in Mexico. This is merely one of thousands of similar incidents throughout the United States. In other words, the worst elements in Mexico are being pushed into the United States by the Mexican government. The largest suppliers of heroin, cocaine and other illicit drugs are Mexican cartels that arrange to have Mexican immigrants trying to cross the borders and smuggle in the drugs. The Border Patrol knows this. Likewise, tremendous infectious disease is pouring across the border. The United States has become a dumping ground for Mexico and, in fact, for many other parts of the world. On the other hand, many fabulous people come in from Mexico and our country is better for it. But these people are here legally, and are severely hurt by those coming in illegally. I am proud to say that I know many hard working Mexicans—many of them are working for and with me…and, just like our country, my organization is better for it.

The Mexican Government wants an open border as long as it’s a ONE WAY open border into the United States. Not only are they killing us at the border, but they are killing us on trade … and the country of Mexico is making billions of dollars in doing so.

I have great respect for Mexico and love their people and their peoples’ great spirit. The problem is, however, that their leaders are far smarter, more cunning, and better negotiators than ours. To the citizens of the United States, who I will represent far better than anyone else as President, the Mexican government is not our friend…and why should they be when the relationship is totally one sided in their favor on both illegal immigration and trade. I have pointed this out during my speeches and it is something Mexico doesn’t want me to say. In actuality, it was only after my significant rise in the polls that Univision, previously my friend, went ballistic. I believe that my examples of bad trade deals for the United States was of even more concern to the Mexican government than my talk of border security.

I have lost a lot during this Presidential run defending the people of the United States. I have always heard that it is very hard for a successful person to run for President. Macy’s, NBC, Serta and NASCAR have all taken the weak and very sad position of being politically correct even though they are wrong in terms of what is good for our country. Univision, because 70% of their business comes from Mexico, in my opinion, is being dictated to by the Mexican Government. The last thing Mexico wants is Donald Trump as President in that I will make great trade deals for the United States and will have an impenetrable border--only legally approved people will come through easily.

Interestingly, Univision has just announced they are attempting to go public despite very poor and even negative earnings, which is not a good situation for a successful IPO or high stock price—not to mention that I am currently suing them for breach of contract. Remember, Univision is the one who began this charade in the first place, and they are owned by one of Hillary Clinton’s biggest backers. After the speech was made, there were numerous compliments and indeed, many rave “reviews”—there was very little criticism. It wasn’t until a week after my announcement that people started to totally distort these very easy to understand words. If there was something stated incorrectly, it would have been brought up immediately and with great enthusiasm.

The issues I have addressed, and continue to address, are vital steps to Make America Great Again! Additionally, I would be the best jobs President that God ever created. Let’s get to work!
TRUMP 2016

I still can't believe that with this whole racism thing, Trump managed to be even less of a serious candidate than he was before declaring candidacy. That's a tall order.

At this point I hope a Mexican-Arabic terrorist literally rapes him in the ass just to justify his completely nonsensical delusions.

Either that or this shitlord played Call of Juarez: The Cartel and thinks that is whats going on with the drug war going on right now, sex therapist and all.

I still can't believe that with this whole racism thing, Trump managed to be even less of a serious candidate than he was before declaring candidacy. That's a tall order.
Polls have him in 2nd place and these comments just make him more popular.

just praying he makes it at least into the first debate, please please please
He is polling 2nd currently among Republicans, so as long as he doesn't pull out of the race soon he'll be in the debates.

benjipwns

Banned
He could also turn down invitations to the debates, some GOPers did in 2008/2012. Most notably Romney.

Dole rather infamously wouldn't attend debates in 1996. And W. Bush skipped most of them in 2000.

120v

i was listening to talk radio for shits during my commute... couldn't believe all of them were toeing the "this guy is really onto something..." line. not that i expect them to disagree with him, but it's like they've learned nothing the past 6 years about having a viable candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom