• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TRUMP 2016: "The Winston Churchill of Our Time"

Status
Not open for further replies.

see5harp

I just hope he keeps enough support to actually get to attend a debate. Can you imagine the jokes that will come of it?

I just realized how fascinated I've become with watching this small hateful man slowly unravel and become swallowed up by the own vortex of liquid feces he's been spewing all these years.

He's now fucking with his own party. I'm in dire need of popcorn.

Dai101

Banned
116.png

MnuCZyG.jpg

benjipwns

Banned
i was listening to talk radio for shits during my commute... couldn't believe all of them were toeing the "this guy is really onto something..." line. not that i expect them to disagree with him, but it's like they've learned nothing the past 6 years about having a viable candidate.
Savage was in great form defending Trump today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ookj1EluNRY

He's my conservative talk radio god.

He goes after a bunch of disagreeing callers and calls one an embarrassment to the Jewish people lol

Not American, but yes, he crosses out every item in my asshole checklist: https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/418542137899491328
How in the name of fuck can a man have a serious chance of leading a global superpower like the U.S. while also being a global warming denier AND anti-vaxxer? This is downright scary! And I bet his billionaire ass is vaccinated to hell and back making him a gigantic tool!

How fucked up can the American right wing be? You guys put every other country's right wing to shame!!! In Mexico I'm a right winged Catholic voter but the more I read about American politics the more I realize that, save for their stand in abortions, Mexican right wing shares waaaaaay more with Democrats than they ever do with Republicans.

And what you guys call left wing? You'd be scared shitless if you saw what Latin America calls the left.

I am so, so excited for the debates. I really hope he doesn't implode between now and then, though I imagine the GOP are gonna try whatever they can to make that happen soon.

benjipwns

Banned
I am so, so excited for the debates. I really hope he doesn't implode between now and then, though I imagine the GOP are gonna try whatever they can to make that happen soon.
There's only a month, and Trump has the world's biggest ego. And it only makes him more powerful when he gets attention.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Your link does not support this statement.

You're right. Ban isn't the right word: But the state law makers are skittish about discussing the issue. I'm not surprised if Trump is able to run with his denial publicly being accepted by some people.

BahamutPT

How fucked up can the American right wing be? You guys put every other country's right wing to shame!!! In Mexico I'm a right winged Catholic voter but the more I read about American politics the more I realize that, save for their stand in abortions, Mexican right wing shares waaaaaay more with Democrats than they ever do with Republicans.

And what you guys call left wing? You'd be scared shitless if you saw what Latin America calls the left.

Broadly, that's the way it goes here in Portugal too. Our Right/Center-Right usually shares traits with the Democrats (save for the abortion issue, just like in your case). I think that due to the fact the whole US politics scene is mainly right-aligned (in our frame of reference), Conservatives share a lot more with what we'd call extremist parties (at least over here, but I assume it's not very different over there from your post).

Well apparently Trump is like 2nd in the national polls right now. And the only way you get into the Fox News Debate, you have to be in the top 10 candidates in the polls.

Maddow has a theory that we are going to get a lot of crazy red-meat tossed out by candidates trying to out-wing-nut each other to the GOP base in order to get a bump in the polls. So we may be in for a month of crazy brash statements from a bunch of the candidates.

I can certainly see Ted Cruz, Rick Perry, Scott Walker, and of course Trump playing that game. Not so much Bush, Fiorina, Lindsay Graham,

Crema

Good to see someone is going to stick up for the billionaires. These guys have had it tough for too long.

BajiBoxer

Banned
Well apparently Trump is like 2nd in the national polls right now. And the only way you get into the Fox News Debate, you have to be in the top 10 candidates in the polls.

Maddow has a theory that we are going to get a lot of crazy red-meat tossed out by candidates trying to out-wing-nut each other to the GOP base in order to get a bump in the polls. So we may be in for a month of crazy brash statements from a bunch of the candidates.

I can certainly see Ted Cruz, Rick Perry, Scott Walker, and of course Trump playing that game. Not so much Bush, Fiorina, Lindsay Graham,
My guess is Trump and the other loonies out crazy each other and when it comes down to actually picking a candidate they go with the "reasonable" choice like Bush. If Kasich can get into the top 10 for the debates, I could see him coming off well and making a run. Maybe get put into the VP disussion?

benjipwns

Banned
Just because Kasich accepted Medicare expansion and backed down on the unions doesn't make him some kind of moderate. This is Jon Huntsman love all over again.

My guess is Trump and the other loonies out crazy each other and when it comes down to actually picking a candidate they go with the "reasonable" choice like Bush. If Kasich can get into the top 10 for the debates, I could see him coming off well and making a run. Maybe get put into the VP disussion?

just imagine. Sanders wins. Trump wins because he's just crazy enough for the entire Tea Party base.

Sanders wins because no one in the general election wants to vote for Trump

His campaign is going to follow the same trajectory as the USFL. Inflated on a false bubble based on hype and name recognition, followed by an epic collapse after there is no subsistence to back it up.

Just imagine if Trump got the nomination, it isn't going to happen but Democrats could put a ferret out there for POTUS and still win. Not that I think the GOP has much of a chance in 2016 with anyone that's seeking their nomination so far, they've veered way too far to the right over the last eight years.

Trump can't be doing good in the polls.. that's made up, right? if not then well, i'm sorry but i expect more from the people of the most powerful and prosperous nation in the history of Earth.

danm999

Amazing. This guy may stay viable long enough from the Tea Party vote in the primaries to skull fuck the entire party brand for the 2016 election with Hispanic voters.

I don't know, compare the issues pages on the candidates sites to Bob Dole's: http://www.dolekemp96.org/agenda/agenda.html

And then consider Dole was the "moderate" candidate that year vs. Pat Buchanan, Bob Dornan, Phil Gramm, Alan Keyes, Steve Forbes.

I actually briefly met Bob Dole back in 1996 when his campaign came through Michigan and I got dragged to it. But anyway, I was more referring to the party as a whole, not just the individuals running for POTUS and how that will affect the campaigns as candidates continue to pander to and be a part of the Christian right that's slowly taken hold of the party since the 70s, not to mention Tea Party kooks. Dole doesn't think he'd (and the modern GOP demigod that is Regan) get elected in today's GOP climate. He slightly softened his stance on abortion which didn't make the right too happy back in 1996. Not that Dole isn't guilty of pandering to them considering he spearheaded the defense of marriage act.

jmood88

Just because Kasich accepted Medicare expansion and backed down on the unions doesn't make him some kind of moderate. This is Jon Huntsman love all over again.

Exactly. I very much appreciated him expanding Medicaid but people seem to have forgotten that he's basically Scott Walker Jr.

Donald Trump does not seem like a nice person. On a basic level, he seems like the most misanthropic presidential candidate in a long time, at least since Nixon, maybe even longer. He seems deeply motivated by a disliking of other people. I think that's just about the worst personal quality a leader can have.

That's a nice way to put it, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom