• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump cancels MLK day visit to African American history museum

Status
Not open for further replies.

FStubbs

Still have a strong feeling he's doing this specifically to distract from the Russia stuff

He can get shit on for this but he can't go to jail for it

You know ... you know ...

I think you're right.

When you stop thinking of Trump as "idiot insane nut" and think of him as "deviously cunning fascist", this makes 100% perfect sense.

Would you really want that prick tarnishing the place with his presence anyway?

Actually, yes. I want Jeff Sessions and Steve Bannon and all these other racists to visit. They need to know the truth even if they don't accept it.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Still have a strong feeling he's doing this specifically to distract from the Russia stuff

He can get shit on for this but he can't go to jail for it

Exactly he tried to do this before when he "thanked black people from not voting", when the story first broke weeks ago. He would love to make it a race thing because it makes him look good in front of his base.

I wouldn't even be surprised if his Russian handlers were the one's who told him the tactic.

Most people couldn't be this despicable to change a topic....... but most people have shame

giga

C2Ofs8BWIAEpXV-.jpg

C2Ofs7_WQAASYnz.jpg

C2Ofs79XEAAbfcr.jpg

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
People need to vet their sources before posting news. Too tempting to share anything that makes Trump look bad.

it's weird though because it was definitely announced that he was visiting the museum the day prior.

Is Trump just trying to make people lose faith in legitimate news sources?

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...nal-african-american-museum-on-mlk-day-report

I wouldn't be surprised if his goal is to feed specific news agency with false news so he can point at them as fake news sites.

Mosse

Neo Member
You know ... you know ...

I think you're right.

When you stop thinking of Trump as "idiot insane nut" and think of him as "deviously cunning fascist", this makes 100% perfect sense..

I think it's more like an "idiot insane nut" surrounded by other "deviously cunning fascists"

Surfinn

Lol at people who still think there are calculated measures taken for things like this. The "Trump is an evil genius" rhetoric is comically baseless.

Look at the man's Twitter. Not even a week or so ago he was ripping Arnold for his performance on the apprentice. I'm sure there's some diabolical scheme behind that too, right?

commedieu

Banned
We've settled trumps racism with the black people he tried to execute. And his own words, and the bigots he surround's himself with. That chapter is done.. and oh yeah not renting to black people.. anyway...

I doubt this is a grand scheme. He probably forgot or just doesn't want to go. He's a literal man baby. This isn't going to spite anyone.

Lol at people who still think he plans things like this. The "Trump is an evil genius" rhetoric is comically baseless.

Look at the man's Twitter. Not even a week or so ago he was ripping Arnold for his performance on the apprentice. I'm sure there's some diabolical scheme behind that too, right?

He's an exec producer for the show. This was for ratings and controversy so people will watch the show he benefits from.

He does know tv. So that one isn't diabolical. It's just a literal TV exec, making drqma, for his reality TV show.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
Lol at people who still think he plans things like this. The "Trump is an evil genius" rhetoric is comically baseless.

It's not necessarily him, but people like Bannon and whatnot. Why else would multiple transition sources tell new agencies that he was visiting the the museum yesterday, then today they say it was canceled, and the museum itself says it was never happening to begin with. It's like a shit show of information all over the place with this guy.

Surfinn

It's not necessarily him, but people like Bannon and whatnot. Why else would multiple transition sources tell new agencies that he was visiting the the museum yesterday, then today they say it was canceled, and the museum itself says it was never happening to begin with. It's like a shit show of information all over the place with this guy.
Guy is a fucking terrible communicator. You had half of people saying "he's serious" and half saying "he's joking" with shit he said throughout his campaign. I'm not surprised in the slightest when things like this happen. I could also see this just being done to spite the guy, if anything, but to think Trump is using this as a grand scheme to evade the scandal with Russia is ridiculous.

People give Trump far too much credit. Daily. Dude is a fucking moron.

There is no grand scheme or master plan. Everything that makes him look even decently intelligent was by accident.. I can assure you.

Trump just tweeted this:

For many years our country has been divided, angry and untrusting. Many say it will never change, the hatred is too deep. IT WILL CHANGE!!!!

Finally, the country will unite! Obama worsened the race relation, thank god for trump

Surfinn

It's not Trump that is "deviously cunning", it's certain people he surrounds himself with.

He's a puppet to many.
That's more likely but I think stuff like this is just Trump being a man baby, like usual.

But you have people posting here daily saying "omg what if he is an evil genius?!".. Which is fucking absurd.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Trump just tweeted this:

Finally, the country will unite! Obama worsened the race relation, thank god for trump

Change meaning it will get worse?

This is all a distraction. This will be in the news cycle now more then the Russia stuff for a day or two.

MarionCB

If Trump is trying to distract, well, jokes on him. I can remember both what a racist piece of crap he is and what a treasonous piece of crap he is, at the same time.

He's probably just doing it to spite John Lewis anyway. I'm sure his vile base will eat it up.

D i Z

That's more likely but I think stuff like this is just Trump being a man baby, like usual.

But you have people posting here daily saying "omg what if he is an evil genius?!".. Which is fucking absurd.

He did play many an educated person like a suckah. Clean it up however you like, but the guy got where he in every aspect of his life because people always underestimate his ability to manipulate.

That's more likely but I think stuff like this is just Trump being a fucking baby, like usual.

Well, yeah, the majority of it is Trump being a whiny, stupid, racist little shit, but one who suddenly became more organized and more "cunning" because other evil little shits like Steve Bannon.

Trump didn't come up with Drain the Swamp. I guarantee that was Bannon. I'm sure he would've be more than happy to continue giving press conferences/interviews as well, but got reigned in by his cronies for the betterment of his campaign.

Surfinn

He did play many an educated person like a suckah. Clean it up however you like, but the guy got where he in every aspect of his life because people always underestimate his ability to manipulate.
As the post above me mentioned, it's the people who surround him. And it's not like he won the white house. It was democrats' to win and we lost it. He didn't personally concoct some diabolical plan to put himself there. I don't think he deserves credit, as he inadvertently did everything in his power to sabotage his chances. It just so happens to be that he was in the right place at the right time.

Ogodei

Someone can be a barely-functioning moron and be dangerous at the same time. The only thing he understands is how to hype himself, but even then, the adage "any publicity is good publicity" has been his ally up until Friday, when pretty much everything will be blamed on him whether it's his fault or not.

D i Z

As the post above me mentioned, it's the people who surround him. And it's not like he won the white house. It was democrats' to win and we lost it. He didn't personally concoct some diabolical plan to put himself there. I don't think he deserves credit, as he inadvertently did everything in his power to sabotage his chances. It just so happens to be that he was in the right place at the right time.

That's how the con works. Your need to think that you see through the game, or convince yourself that you're not actually playing is why you will lose against the con every single time.

Surfinn

That's how the con works. Your need to think that you see through the game, or convince yourself that you're not actually playing is why you will lose against the con every single time.
Well maybe I shouldn't have included myself in it specifically since I voted for Hillary.. but dude I think you're looking for a deeper meaning out of something when it simply isn't there. Had virtually anyone else ran against him he would have lost. Again.. You seem to think this is the way he envisioned things happening and he's twiddling his fingers in the background with a devious scheme.

I'm not sure what your point is here. You think this is all according to his master plan? That he became president? Even HE didn't think he was going to win, lol. Until he did.

Nepenthe

Ignoring the fact that the "or else" part hilariously elevates a call for unity into a threat, why do I have a sneaking suspicion that people believe the divide is coming from those pesky minorities, that we're the ones at fault for standing up for ourselves and alienating white people into the arms of Trump, and that it's on us to change?

This makes him look bad.

I imagine a sizeable portion of his supporters hate MLK day, and then you have the larger apathetic moderate group who are indifferent towards the day.

So really most of America won't care about this. Now if this was like Columbus or Veteran's day, they'd probably bug the fuck out and rage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom