• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump cancels MLK day visit to African American history museum

Status
Not open for further replies.

D i Z

Well maybe I shouldn't have included myself in it specifically since I voted for Hillary.. but dude I think you're looking for a deeper meaning out of something when it simply isn't there. Had virtually anyone else ran against him he would have lost. Again.. You seem to think this is the way he envisioned things happening and he's twiddling his fingers in the background with a devious scheme.

I'm not sure what your point is here. You think this is all according to his master plan? That he became president? Even HE didn't think he was going to win, lol. Until he did.

I'm not making any points here that aren't about the obvious. He didn't do this alone, and his state of play is as obvious as it gets. It's not him that will be eroding us from the inside out. Those that got him there through their machinations will. But keep underestimating his ability to do what he has done successfully for his entire life if it makes you comfortable.

_Ryo_

I mean he won the presidency by being openly racist and committing treason, so I don't know how this surprises anyone.

UberTag

I mean he won the presidency by being openly racist and committing treason, so I don't know how this surprises anyone.
What is surprising is to see which media outlets play ball with the deflection angle and which ones smell it for what it is.

He canceled his trip to a black person museum because a black person was mean to him, didn't he?

This is some fucked up way of disrespecting Lewis, isn't it?

royalan

He canceled his trip to a black person museum because a black person was mean to him, didn't he?

This is some fucked up way of disrespecting Lewis, isn't it?

Oh no. Trump's racism runs deeper than that.

He was never going to the museum in the first place.

andthebeatgoeson

Oh no. Trump's racism runs deeper than that.

He was never going to the museum in the first place.
Basically. He had someone leak that he was going. That site never checked? It's basically gaming journalism. Get them to swallow what you tell them.

Then the same Trump source leaks that they are going. Everyone is distracted, not talking about John Lewis. It's a weird and effective strategy. Keep making yourself look like shit and people forget the most shitty thing you have done.

Surfinn

I'm not making any points here that aren't about the obvious. He didn't do this alone, and his state of play is as obvious as it gets. It's not him that will be eroding us from the inside out. Those that got him there through their machinations will. But keep underestimating his ability to do what he has done successfully for his entire life if it makes you comfortable.
Like I said.. He and his campaign didn't even think he could win. What does that tell you? That it was all according to some master manipulation? Or that he did almost everything in his power to fuck it up but got in anyway?

This isn't Westworld. Dude is a fumbling idiot who won in spite of himself. The only thing he meant to do was rally his base around hating Hillary and democrats. But that's not what won him in. It was incompetence on the other side.

But.. sure. He's the mastermind behind it all. Whatever you say.

Enzom21

We all know he was never going and never will go to the museum.
This is more of the whole: "I have a great relationship with the blacks." "I'm not a racist." nonsense.
He thinks black people are dumb and will believe this nonsense.

akira28

if there was ever anyone I imagine refers to all African americans as 'the Blacks', its Trump. in fact its his voice in my head whenever I imagine the phrase.

Enzom21

if there was ever anyone I imagine refers to all African americans as 'the Blacks', its Trump. in fact its his voice in my head whenever I imagine the phrase.

No need to imagine...
Anyone who uses "the blacks" is clearly a racist. That shit is normally followed by some foul shit. "The blacks are lazy." "The blacks are criminals." etc. etc.
Welcome back.

Lewis introduced the original legislation to found the African American museum in 1988 and pushed it for 15 years before President George W. Bush signed it into law. The museum features photos of Lewis speaking at the March on Washington in 1961, as well as his mugshot from his arrest during the Freedom Rides.

"George Bush doesn't care about black people."

Hmmm...after reading his memoir, I stopped looking upon Bush with as much disdain.

Trump going to the Af Am museum...was never going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom