• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Exempts Entire Senior Staff From White House Ethics Rules

Golly gee, guys.
I wish I was a piece of garbage like these fellas.
Would be rolling on all the blood money I get every night and maybe even pay my college tuition.

Fuck every single person that tries to defend this shit.

They are literally telling us that there are huge conflicts of interests and corruption going on.

I wonder if this has anything to do with Kusher too.

Also how is shit like this even legal?

epmode

And no Republicans will complain.

It's impressive to see the amount of damage a single administration can do when they don't care about precedent or those unwritten rules that normally guide our country.

i-Lo

Who needs Russia when you have a president like Trump. Destroying the country from inside is far more effective while part of the population actively and blindly support him.

Aaron

And no Republicans will complain.

It's impressive to see the amount of damage a single administration can do when they don't care about precedent or those unwritten rules that normally guide our country.
Don't think Trump is anywhere close to done. He's going to push for the most corrupt presidency in US history, and considering how completely delusional and removed from reality his base is, he stands a shot at being reelected for it.

Ac30

They are literally telling us that there are huge conflicts of interests and corruption going on.

I wonder if this has anything to do with Kusher too.

Also how is shit like this even legal?

They have emails (from DOW) that pretty much outline DOW bribing Trump with a totally-not-a-bribe to keep their shitty pesticide on the market.

Everyone's bought.

Kensation

Don't have to exempt anyone if there's no ethics.
reece.jpg

Fuck his voters for being this stupid. This man and his staff are actively ruining this nation and our standing in the world. On the upside most of these policies will negatively affect Trump voters proportionally the worst so...

That this is even possible at all makes the US a fucking joke. every time I look into Trump threads I feel compelled to write a variation of this:
Your country is a goddamn embarrassment. Every system in place is deeply flawed and couldn't all be fixed in a lifetime, even if the uneducated masses weren't actively voting against their own interests. If only you could fuck up your country quietly. but nooo you have to actively harm the rest of the world too.

God I'm so mad.

what do you actually expect from laws that haven't been meaningfully updated since 1780?

"the founding fathers got tired
and really, can you blame them?
i mean, you can't think of everything"

- president frank underwood

what do you actually expect from laws that haven't been meaningfully updated since 1780?

"the founding fathers got tired
and really, can you blame them?
i mean, you can't think of everything"

- president frank underwood

Yeah we made a mistake of 200+ years of folks acting rational and ended up with this shitstain who is like "hey there is nothing that explicitly says I can't do it only 200+ years of precedent."

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
"Trump exempts entire senior staff from White House Ethics Rules" - meh
"Obama asks for Dijon mustard at a restaurant" - he what?!

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Six lawyers of the Jones Day law firm, including McGahn, were granted approval to take part in meetings with their former Jones Day colleagues relating to the firm's ongoing legal representation of Trump, his campaign and related entities.

that's especially interesting.

expecting some legal trouble?

royalan

I know it's easy, and even cathartic, to make fun of this shit. But I think it's very important to take a step back and let ourselves just feel the chill. To feel how chilling it is that the Trump administration and Republicans this week have leaned more blatantly on, "So it's corruption? So what? That's not really a big deal," as their actual defense.

I mean, I grew up knowing that Republicans are trash. My life was made harder by Republican policies and Republican rhetoric. So this doesn't surprise me. But still...chilling is the only word I can think of to use here.

tbm24

I still don't get the Dijon thing. It's fantastic on burgers.
Only elitist can pronounced Dijon well enough to order it. He should use regular low grade mustard like the rest of real america.

Actually, they wouldn't be happy unless Obama chose to not eat at all. It's not a right for all Americans after all.

I know it's easy, and even cathartic, to make fun of this shit. But I think it's very important to take a step back and let ourselves just feel the chill. To feel how chilling it is that the Trump administration and Republicans this week have leaned more blatantly on, "So it's corruption? So what? That's not really a big deal," as their actual defense.

I mean, I grew up knowing that Republicans are trash. My life was made harder by Republican policies and Republican rhetoric. So this doesn't surprise me. But still...chilling is the only word I can think of to use here.
This the exact feeling I felt when I read the thread title. I don't think I've ever experienced a literal temperature drop right in my heart.

freaky

Tovarisc

When it's legal to run political campaigns and info ops right from the WH.

What time to be alive.

Can he actually do this???

Yep. Afaik all administrations have given these out to key staff in very, very limited numbers. Trump is just going ham.

That this is even possible at all makes the US a fucking joke. every time I look into Trump threads I feel compelled to write a variation of this:
Your country is a goddamn embarrassment. Every system in place is deeply flawed and couldn't all be fixed in a lifetime, even if the uneducated masses weren't actively voting against their own interests. If only you could fuck up your country quietly. but nooo you have to actively harm the rest of the world too.

God I'm so mad.

Sure the US isn't the greatest on Earth. However, there are a lot of places that are running their own country into the ground via pollution, terrorism, poor economic policies and so on creating headaches for everybody else. We're just more powerful than places like the Eurozone, China, Yemen, North Korea, etc. Give the US a break.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Seems like Trumps tenure as president is going to be amazing for setting future limits on presidental powers. A stress test of sorts.

Didn't Trump campaign on ending corruption in politics?

He just told people what they wanted to hear.

Trumpsters think it's a great idea.

Why hire lobbyists to petition the government when you can just put the lobbyists IN the government.

Cut out the middleman. Genius!

Nixon is starting to look like a choirboy in comparison.
Nixon couldn't compare to Trump from the very start. As bad as his crime was I think most rational people could still say that Nixon wasn't nearly as reprehensible a human being as Trump.

rjinaz

I still don't get the Dijon thing. It's fantastic on burgers.

They honestly believed that Dijon mustard is some kind of luxury for the rich and that Obama was flaunting his wealth. I mean in reality it isn't much more expensive than Hines.

Those commercials where the limo pulls up and asks people "pardon me, do you have any grey poupon" probably contributed to this myth.

Sure the US isn't the greatest on Earth. However, there are a lot of places that are running their own country into the ground via pollution, terrorism, poor economic policies and so on creating headaches for everybody else. We're just more powerful than places like the Eurozone, China, Yemen, North Korea, etc. Give the US a break.

The U.S is doing all those things (incl. terrorism on profiling people in their own countries with drones that don't require evidence and under control by CIA), and is also on target today as the only country in the world along with Syria to not be part of the Paris climate deal. The U.S has caused a prolonged headache that affects not just one region but its neighbours due to its destabilising actions in the Middle-east.

The U.S doesn't give a fuck about their own healthcare or education, the two most important aspects of a country, that's running the country into the ground too because it'll get harder and harder to get out of. U.S sees those two as a privilege and not a right.

The U.S doesn't deserve a break.

It's just another impeachable offense that you can add to the list. This shit is really pissing me off.

It boggles my mind that the president has the power to actually do something like this? It's like a monarchy.

Tovarisc

It boggles my mind that the president has the power to actually do something like this? It's like a monarchy.

Seems like US presidency has been pretty much honorary system where people just trusted that president wouldn't go ham and abuse all of his power.

theWB27

Seems like US presidency has been pretty much honorary system where people just trusted that president wouldn't go ham and abuse all of his power.

Mixed with a both parties having a little power to tell each other to cool it.

But there's no one to keep dude in check so it's whatever... Gop having all branches is a bigger mistake than electing trump.

Top Bottom