• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this shit wasn’t directly impacting every single one of you Americans that have a soul over there it would be the most compelling show on television.

Instead, it’s a horror story that seemingly has no boundaries for how far its willing to fuck everyone over to grab power and keep its ratings.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
New FBI Director,
Steven Segal
, will no doubt continue conducting the investigation in a respectable, and objective manner.

They're not saying because "Hillary was innocent, why did he say those things"

They're saying "Comey should've never said that he thought she was innocent. It's not his job to do so"

They're firing him because Hillary Clinton isn't in jail.

Lunatics.

Okay, this makes a bit more sense at least. I mean, it's still horrendously shitty, but at least it's in line with what I expect Republican shitheads to do.

I'm really going to be interested in hearing congressional GOP's arguments about why we don't need a special prosecutor for this case after this.

To be the tiniest amount of fair, I kind of thought it was weird FBI director was one of the people who stayed on throughout changes of administration, especially one so dramatically different as this.

Well, at least there's one other unemployed person out there now...

So......

FBI Director Kid Rock or FBI Director Ted Nugent?
Your new FBI Director

Nokterian

America..land of the free..no wait no democracy and all dictatorship at full steam. You want your freedom? Protest let yourself heard this news is gigantic it is like the Nixon cover up but we all know how that went.

Effect

Yup. That's a great way of shouting to the heavens you're dirty as fuck Trump. They're going to get him over the email handling (which he was insanely wrong in his handling of it) but in truth it's very likely regarding the Russia investigation. That's what they want to stop most likely. They don't want him holding a press conference the way he did over the emails out of nowhere. Cause if it was just the emails they would have done this a long time ago.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So, where is every person who was naive enough to think the investigation would go anywhere and Trump woudl face any consequences?

Come on guys. Tell us how this is OK. Tell us how he's going to get impeached. Come on.

Dude Abides

Banned
They're not saying because "Hillary was innocent, why did he say those things"

They're saying "Comey should've never said that he thought she was innocent. It's not his job to do so"

They're firing him because Hillary Clinton isn't in jail.

Lunatics.

No they aren't. They saying he shouldn't have said anything more in his press conference than that the investigation was concluded, and that he shouldn't have publicly disclosed the Abedin emails at all. Apparently they want to get rid of him and this is the way they think they can do it and Dems can't criticize them for it.

Nafai1123

Banned
Maybe this will be evidence of obstruction of justice...if/when we actually get a Congress willing to do their fucking jobs.

Loxley

Why are you guys acting surprised? 0 repercussions for Trump and he shuts down the only investigation with the slightest potential to get somewhere

Basically, nothing will come of this was the right position all along

Watergate broke because of whisteblowers and journalists - this is not the end of the world. There are a number of other ways any potential wrong-doing by the Trump campaign could come to light.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
No they aren't. They saying he shouldn't have said anything more in his press conference than that the investigation was concluded, and that he shouldn't have publicly disclosed the Abedin emails at all. Apparently they want to get rid of him and this is the way they think they can do it and Dems can't criticize them for it.

AKA shouldn't have said she was innocent because it's up to someone else to make that decision.

NotLiquid

jL4h19E.png
Call Russian connection fake news in tweets

J9lUf7U.png
Change your Twitter banner to be a quote from your Russia tweets

0Xc3CqN.png
Fire the head of the FBI during Russia investigations, using the AG who recused himself from said investigation

uIsT5Xy.png
Say it was because he was too mean to Hillary

s5PW3JZ.gif

megalowho

Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III told Donald Trump to fire the leader of an investigation that Sessions was forced into recusal over because he was implicated in it

And not only did Trump actually do it, Trump just told the nation that Sessions was responsible for the impetus for this

This is somehow not even the 10th most stupid thing Trump has done in the so-far-5-month-old year
This is the first thing that I'm trying to parse. I mean, this is crazy coming from Sessions. Unfortunately the country has an appetite for crazy and none at all for consequences.

Anyway, get fucked Comey. You'll go down as one of the most partisan and self serving FBI directors in the history of the country, which in this era is no small feat.

Watching TYT. Me thinks they are being too optimistic about this.

I hope I'm wrong, but I see Trump finishing his term, if not being re-elected.

boiled goose

good with gravy
We need to take congress back in 2018.
I hope you are all ready to vote the GOP out so that at least proper investigations can be done through congressional committees.

We need to organize, knock on doors, rally people, and vote.

pigeon

Banned
but it's definitely the opposite.

The reading comprehension in this thread is killing me! haha

Can someone read those again and tell me I'm wrong??

I really don't see how this thread is going the way it is rn tbh haha

You're totally wrong dude. Rosenstein's memo says:

a) Holding a press conference and criticizing Clinton publicly was inappropriate
b) Sending the letter about Hillary's emails was totally wrong to do

Just like his executive orders would pass. And the wall.

You haven't a clue mate.

When you control the Executive, Legislative and probably soon enough Judicial, ya sorry man.

Nothing is coming out of the Russia stuff.

At most, Flynn will be the fall guy.

Nothing is happening to trump now.

Mully

To be the tiniest amount of fair, I kind of thought it was weird FBI director was one of the people who stayed on throughout changes of administration, especially one so dramatically different as this.

Well, at least there's one other unemployed person out there now...

FBI Directors usually hold ten year terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom