• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

boiled goose

good with gravy
I didn't know Comey was so beloved.

Obama should have never put this republican there. Came back to bite democrats in the ass. Same with all his gop appointments in FCC, etc.

The time to 'play ball' is over. The GOP will steal supreme court nominations and ram their choice through.

Loxley

Trump's letter to Comey:

18gduik.jpg

Yep, dude was totally fired because of the Russia probe.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Wait, Sessions recommended he be fired because he didn't want to press charges against Clinton's emails?

LMAO.

Welp, I hope this actually leads to something on Comey's end to prove he's not just a Republican stooge.

Those optics aren't gonna look good for Donald and Co., though.

SkyOdin

The Russia investigation is dead. This obviously makes Trump look guilty as hell, but who is going to do anything about it now? Republicans won't give a shit and will just spin this in their favor.

All that changes is that people have more to be pissed off about in 2018 and 2020, only now Trump gets more breathing room. This is a net loss for everyone except Trump. If he faces Nixon-level fallout from this, it won't be for years.
Elections are just next year though, and this will probably have an immediate effect on the House special elections currently going on.

what in the fuck.

Comey, I hope your safe, as your whereabouts are unknown, supposedly he didnt show up for work today.

I want US marshalls marching on the white house and trump asociates at 5 am.

These traitorous fucks. THey arent even trying to hide it anymore.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
You'd think we lost someone of immense value and character. by the way this thread has gone.

How do you not understand how big of a difference having Comey removed, during the ongoing investigation, and replaced with a Trump pick is?

x3sphere

The intelligence community probably won't be happy about this, right? Wonder if we start to see more leaks on the Russia investigation

mnannola

So what would cause Republicans to actually appoint a special prosecutor? How much public outrage will be required?

The republicans in the house and senate have gone out of their way to protect the president from the russia investigation, The FBI was our last hope, Trump will nominate a friend of his (or someone with unquestionable loyalty to the republican party) so....that's not good.

Obviously the republicans will back Trump up on this, the russia story is one less thing they have to worry about. It's basically up to american voters to make it clear that this behavior isnt tolerable next year during the mid terms, but i dont see the republicans losing any voters of this, we have to hope that this behavior encourages more people to register to vote and put democrats in charge to stop the bleeding, then take them out of the white house in 2020.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
That didn't stop people from saying "that's what u said during the primaries lololol" during those elections, dude.

Because it's true? Trump should never have made it this far... And he keeps getting further. The statement holds true until something sticks to Trump.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Quick, everyone get in your time machines and vote in the 2010 elections.

Seriously though this is very scary shit. What a mess we've made.

If Trump doesn't get impeached, I hope Comey goes down in history lumped with Benedict Arnold as the greatest traitors this nation ever hard.

What a fucking imbecile.

brau

The President who is under investigation for his links to Russia just fired the head of the FBI investigating those links at the recommendation of an Attorney General who had to recuse himself from those investigations because of his links to Russia.
Insane.

Mathieran

Banned
Not a Comey fan but you should not be allowed to fire and replace the head of the FBI when you're under investigation. That's fucked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom