• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashman

Banned
18387240_10155152757765132_777599126_n.jpg

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
To be the tiniest amount of fair, I kind of thought it was weird FBI director was one of the people who stayed on throughout changes of administration, especially one so dramatically different as this.

Well, at least there's one other unemployed person out there now...

Obama kept the previous FBI director when he became president.

And Comey was a Republican under a Republican president.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
AG Sessions reccomendation:
C_ao2zBW0AEQ618.jpg

C_ao2zLXkAQTb2y.jpg

The first page actually makes it sounds like he is mad that she wasn't prosecuted, which for his allegiance is expected. The rest of the letter is using people's disgust with meddling in the election to justify the removal. What a fucker.

Dirca

Didn't I just say yesterday that Trump has patsies and would be throwing people under the bus? I said it before, but I'm usually piled on and shouted down...nothing is going to happen to Trump. Not until re-election.

Slime

Banned
The Russia investigation is dead. This obviously makes Trump look guilty as hell, but who is going to do anything about it now? Republicans won't give a shit and will just spin this in their favor.

All that changes is that people have more to be pissed off about in 2018 and 2020, only now Trump gets more breathing room. This is a net loss for everyone except Trump. If he faces Nixon-level fallout from this, it won't be for years.

Dude Abides

Banned
AKA shouldn't have said she was innocent because it's up to someone else to make that decision.

Wrong. Edit: not "wrong," it does say that, but it says a lot more, including that he should not have released derogatory information about her. You need to reread the letter. It says he shouldn't have characterized her conduct in any way. Recall that Dems were pissed that he called her reckless even though there was no lawbreaking.

This letter is to give them cover for firing him by saying it's for things Democrats agree were wrong.

WedgeX

Banned
The first page actually makes it sounds like he is mad that she wasn't prosecuted, which for his allegiance is expected. The rest of the letter is using people's disgust with the election to justify the removal, while what he wrote on the first page is his real thoughts.

Maybe we can get Sessions kicked out of office for out-of-context quotations?

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
So, where is every person who was naive enough to think the investigation would go anywhere and Trump woudl face any consequences?

Come on guys. Tell us how this is OK. Tell us how he's going to get impeached. Come on.

Nixox did the same thing before he was impeached....just saying

the one and only thing comey's been trying to save all along, his job.

I'm wondering if the push for him to release Hillary's e-mail was exactly this - thinking he'd be safer under a Trump admin and then seeing he really wasn't he had to arm himself with enough info so that he couldn't be fired...

This is probably a surprise to him as well - but who knows what happens next?

It still shocks me that Trump could have dismissed him at any time. I didn't think it was that simple.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
AG Sessions reccomendation:
C_ao2zBW0AEQ618.jpg

C_ao2zLXkAQTb2y.jpg
Un-fucking-believable. The nerve of these... I can't... wow.

Did Nixon abolishing the Watergate task force cause it to just go away?
No, but what was the Senate like then? 'Cause, uh:

A reminder that the FBI director is appointed by the president and confirmed by the senate. Of which 52 are republicans and they need a 50 vote iirc. So basically we're boned.

:\

Mully

The Russia investigation is dead. This obviously makes Trump look guilty as hell, but who is going to do anything about it now? Republicans won't give a shit and will just spin this in their favor.

All that changes is that people have more to be pissed off about in 2018 and 2020, only now Trump gets more breathing room. This is a net loss for everyone except Trump. If he faces Nixon-level fallout from this, it won't be for years.

Expect a ton of leaks from senior FBI officials in the coming weeks.

ElRenoRaven

Well there goes any credible investigation continuing. Trump is such a treasonous piece of shit. Unlike Watergate the corrupt party is in charge of every fucking branch of government.

The American people need to snap out of this daze. I don't know how anyone paying attention can stand this.

We're witnessing the deconstruction of our democracy and depending on our representatives to save us. We gotta wake up. We're all just throwing popcorn in the sidelines. It's insanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom