• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
They have some credibility but Mensch and Taylor bounce stuff off of one another and generally say some outlandish shit. Like a sports blogger that claims to have inside info, they get a couple things right and suddenly everyone forgets how much they miss.

Could have just used video game industry tweeters with access to "insiders" as your example.

antonz

Isn't she the liberal equivalent of an Alex Jones?

She can jump to conclusions on avenues of information but her and others have been ahead of the media and others on things like Grand Juries etc.

As always with anything on the internet take with a grain of salt. Hope for the best and expect nothing can happen as well

FBI raiding a GOP organization that has connections to Manafort and Stone. And they knew of this in advance. Also the Grand Juries thing Claude knew about a week before MSM broke that news. Plus of course, FISA.

Don't understand how people could they don't have any credibility when they keep getting things right. But we'll see how the Sessions thing goes tomorrow.
And I was all ready to believe. But after today with the supposed "justice armada" and shit that turned out not to be true and some other instances previously I think they are somewhat credible but nowhere near enough to outright believe everything they say.

Hitman

Edmonton's milkshake attracts no boys.
Wasn't she the lady who said there would be arrests today?

She said POSSIBLY arrests could start as early as May 11.

Claude Taylor said

BREAKING: Legal Shock & Awe. Source in legal community reports large number of Warrants from Eastern District of Virginia being executed By the FBI. Source reports frenzy of activity inside the EDVA, large number of agents, US Marshals. The battle has been joined.

More BREAKING. The basement of the EDVA was described as resembling a "judicial Armada" with a dozen or more FBI and US Marshals vans.

To which a GOP fundraising organization with ties to Manafort and Stone was raided by the FBI today.

Hitman

They have some credibility but Mensch and Taylor bounce stuff off of one another and generally say some outlandish shit. Like a sports blogger that claims to have inside info, they get a couple things right and suddenly everyone forgets how much they miss.

So what have they said that has been disproven?

Slime

Banned

She's full of shit.

I wish people would stop giving these crazies attention just because they tell us what we want to hear. That type of anger-fueled self-deception is what gave Trump so much power to begin with (birthers, emails, etc.)

There are actual journalists putting in good work. Pay attention to them.

Nick_C

Not saying in anyway that I disagree with this sentiment, but does anyone have any list or examples to point to that she was blatantly wrong on? Simply trying to gauge how good of a track record she has. Especially after earlier today, making a mountain out of a molehill.

Yeah, FBI raiding a GOP organization is big, considering the political climate, but her and Taylor blew it way out of proportion.

Cautiously optimistic on this one. That could just be wishful thinking.

Hitman

She's full of shit.

I wish people would stop giving these crazies attention just because they tell us what we want to hear. That type of anger-fueled self-deception is what gave Trump so much power to begin with (birthers, emails, etc.)

There are actual journalists putting in good work. Pay attention to them.

Actual journalists that got scooped by Mensch on FISA, Chaffetz possible resignation. And scooped on Grand Juries by Taylor.

I don't know, from my view it doesn't seem like Mensch puts out THAT much stuff. Like rarely do her or Taylor offer exact dates for things going down. But I put one in the win column for Taylor on his reporting that something was going down regaarding warrants granted in Virginia. Lo and behold, FBI raids a Manafort-connected GOP office with warrants in hand on the exact day he stated.

wutwutwut

One of the things good journalists do is use multiple sources and corroborate their stories. Mensch and Taylor are not good journalists because they don't do that, but that doesn't mean they don't have good sources and won't "scoop" the media early. You can't compare them to the real media. They're at a different point on the risk/reward spectrum.

blackflag

I have definite anxiety about the Osoff run-off... if the Dems can't take that, I am going to be very demoralized about midterm prospects.

Be prepared to be upset. The only reason it was close is because several different conservatives were running against him.

Hitman

And I was all ready to believe. But after today with the supposed "justice armada" and shit that turned out not to be true and some other instances previously I think they are somewhat credible but nowhere near enough to outright believe everything they say.

How did that not turn out to be true? Claude states Warrants have been granted to FBI for them to execute today. Then FBI with warrants in hand shows up and raids a Manafort-Stone-Related GOP organization.

Hitman

So what have they missed exactly?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Isn't she the liberal equivalent of an Alex Jones?

She's not a liberal, she made most of her career as a raving right-wing loon. Recently she has switched to yelling RUSSIANS repeatedly 24 hours a day so people think she's a leftie but the reality is she's still just a crazy.

She said POSSIBLY arrests could start as early as May 11.

Lol, what is this a skeevy sale ad? POSSIBLE savings of up to 30%**!

**Not actually a sale, 5% off two months from now.

Let's touch on this again at this time tomorrow and see which one of us was wrong, but my money's not on Mensch.

How did that not turn out to be true? Claude states Warrants have been granted to FBI for them to execute today. Then FBI with warrants in hand shows up and raids a Manafort-Stone-Related GOP organization.
It depends if the raids were related to the 2016 campaign and "out of DC FBI office" means something, or are just to do with a 2013 election thing and are nothing to do with anything big. And that isn't known yet.
If there are no other actions in the next two weeks then comeys firing may have paused things, or Claude etc lose credibility for sure.

Hitman

She's not a liberal, she made most of her career as a raving right-wing loon. Recently she has switched to yelling RUSSIANS repeatedly 24 hours a day so people think she's a leftie but the reality is she's still just a crazy.

She doesn't make anyone think she's a leftie. She's conservative and advertises it.

Hitman

Lol, what is this a skeevy sale ad? POSSIBLE savings of up to 30%**!

**Not actually a sale, 5% off two months from now.

Let's touch on this again at this time tomorrow and see which one of us was wrong, but my money's not on Mensch.

That's what her sources told her. That's what she reports. It's ONE example of reporting by her that has the qualifier "may start as soon as tomorrow". Other things she's reported as FACT and NOT THEORY have been proven as well. But whatever, lets see what happens with Sessions.

That's what her sources told her. That's what she reports. It's ONE example of reporting by her that has the qualifier "may start as soon as tomorrow". Other things she's reported as FACT and NOT THEORY have been proven as well. But whatever, lets see what happens with Sessions.

I mean you could say the same thing about the Sessions thing. She uses the same wording there, that it's a "rumor", that he "may be" arrested tomorrow.

She also shoves out the statement based on one source, and peppers the thing with qualifiers out the ass. She'd get laughed out of the parking lot of any respectable publication.

Hitman

It depends if the raids were related to the 2016 campaign and "out of DC FBI office" means something, or are just to do with a 2013 election thing and are nothing to do with anything big. And that isn't known yet.
If there are no other actions in the next two weeks then comeys firing may have paused things, or Claude etc lose credibility for sure.

So the FBI who seems to be 100% focused on Trump Russia even requesting more resources is going to waste their time on a 2013 election case that's already (i think) concluded. And this 2013 narrative comes from the director of the office being raided? So Claude saying FBI has warrants granted (TRUE) and FBI will be executing warrants on the exact date stated (TRUE) must mean Claude is wrong?

This, AFTER Claude has already called the Grand Juries story a week before it was reported by MSM.

Hitman

I mean you could say the same thing about the Sessions thing. She uses the same wording there, that it's a "rumor", that he "may be" arrested tomorrow.

She also shoves out the statement based on one source, and peppers the thing with qualifiers out the ass. She'd get laughed out of the parking lot of any respectable publication.

2 sources actually. And she states that because of the hour, she hasn't been able to reach out for corroboration of said rumours. So she's reporting on a rumor. And calling it a rumor truthfully.

Hitman

Not saying in anyway that I disagree with this sentiment, but does anyone have any list or examples to point to that she was blatantly wrong on? Simply trying to gauge how good of a track record she has. Especially after earlier today, making a mountain out of a molehill.

Yeah, FBI raiding a GOP organization is big, considering the political climate, but her and Taylor blew it way out of proportion.

Cautiously optimistic on this one. That could just be wishful thinking.

I second this. I would also like to see a list of all the batshit insane things Mensch has been proven wrong on. Lots of Mensch haters around this thread, I'm sure it won't be too hard to get a list together.

2 sources actually. And she states that because of the hour, she hasn't been able to reach out for corroboration of said rumours. So she's reporting on a rumor. And calling it a rumor truthfully.

Two sources? All I found was "one source" in this:

There are rumors within the intelligence community that indictments are either being prepared, or presently exist, sealed, against the Attorney General, Jeff Sessions. One source reports that Sessions may be arrested, or a case against him announced, later today, Friday M[ay] 12th. Although I cannot find another source at this late hour to agree, the RUMINT is interesting enough that I am passing it on to readers as an update to the below post, originally published on the day Sessions was confirmed as Attorney General.

And if she can't find corroboration, she waits on the information until she can. This is journalism 101 stuff. We need to be holding a higher standard considering how the current administration is constantly antagonizing the press by pushing their bullshit "fake news" shit. The last thing we need is to welcome with open arms rumors and speculation from people who aggressively ignore due diligence, as that would only give our Cheeto Turd president more ammunition.

Hitman

Two sources? All I found was "one source" in this:

And if she can't find corroboration, she waits on the information until she can. This is journalism 101 stuff. We need to be holding a higher standard considering how the current administration is constantly antagonizing the press by pushing their bullshit "fake news" shit. The last thing we need is to welcome with open arms rumors and speculation from people who aggressively ignore due diligence, as that would only give our Cheeto Turd president more ammunition.

Sorry. One source. I read "one source stating..." assuming she had another source stating something else.

I beleive she took this position (as Twitter citizen journalist) so she could report things without the strict journalistic standards that hold back the speed of information from getting out. I for one, appreciate it. And for all the people that hate on her, I still havent seen a NON-ad-hominem attack on Mensch that actually addresses her theories or reporting.

But its fine to wait for MSM to corroborate her. Many people did that for months until her FISA story was FINALLY confirmed by MSM. Many others did the same for her Trump-Oligarchs' plane story that Maddow finally reported on. And same with Claude on the Grand Juries.

Sorry. One source. I read "one source stating..." assuming she had another source stating something else.

I beleive she took this position (as Twitter citizen journalist) so she could report things without the strict journalistic standards that hold back the speed of information from getting out. I for one, appreciate it. And for all the people that hate on her, I still havent seen a NON-ad-hominem attack on Mensch that actually addresses her theories or reporting.

But its fine to wait for MSM to corroborate her. Many people did that for months until her FISA story was FINALLY confirmed by MSM. Many others did the same for her Trump-Oligarchs' plane story that Maddow finally reported on. And same with Claude on the Grand Juries.
Yeah, for all the vaguely hostile mudslinging rallied at her in this thread, that explosive entry that started it all reads as eerily prescient.

There's coincidence, and then there's this.

Hitman

Yeah, for all the vaguely hostile mudslinging rallied at her in this thread, that explosive entry that started it all reads as eerily prescient.

There's coincidence, and then there's this.

Yup I see alot of mudslinging towards her here and on Reddit. Even Buzzfeed wrote an article about her. But I still haven't seen a non-ad-hominem address of her actual reporting and theories. I ask Mensch haters for a list of all the things she's gotten wrong and nothing is ever provided.

I don't know if Mensch is 100% legit. Too much of her theories need more time to play out before they can be shown to be proven or disproven. But for the non-time sensitive reports, she's bang on from what I can see.

I have no problem admitting my feelings about Mensch are wrong, if SOMEONE could just provide me with a case showing why she's wrong. I'd love to read it and look into it. But.... seems like no one here or the multiple people ive asked on Reddit have been able to provide.

Just made a thread for it but there's also more to the beginning as well.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1372278

Here's a link to when he starts talking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uTTn9uDZzc&t=7m35s

The full thing is the most amazing thing i've seen in a long time, wow.

"I'll take 2 more questions, this is not gonna turn into a free for all"
This guy heard one of the most powerful human speeches and dropped every word. The republicans always find new ways to amaze me with just how evil they are, I do mean evil.

So the FBI who seems to be 100% focused on Trump Russia even requesting more resources is going to waste their time on a 2013 election case that's already (i think) concluded. And this 2013 narrative comes from the director of the office being raided? So Claude saying FBI has warrants granted (TRUE) and FBI will be executing warrants on the exact date stated (TRUE) must mean Claude is wrong?

This, AFTER Claude has already called the Grand Juries story a week before it was reported by MSM.
I follow Claude and was impressed he had news of the grand juries and will keep following him. Hell it costs me nothing and he gains him nothing either.

But his let loose the dogs of war thing in the last 24h was just a bit over the top *if* there are no more raids and no arrests and no subpoenas over the next few weeks. I want him to be right, and the rest of them too.
But I hope they Are not embellishing what they hear, and are sure of their sources. That's all.

As a Brit, I just want to say Mensch was a punch line in British politics for a good ten years before she transplanted herself across the pond. She was an elected MP, but more the screeching mad fucker kind who would deliberately go on TV comedy panel shows and allow herself to get roasted on her political views for publicity etc

Superimposer

This is getting weirder all the time
As a Brit, I just want to say Mensch was a punch line in British politics for a good ten years before she transplanted herself across the pond. She was an elected MP, but more the screeching mad fucker kind who would deliberately go on TV comedy panel shows and allow herself to get roasted on her political views for publicity etc

And I can corroborate this.

Syraxith

She can jump to conclusions on avenues of information but her and others have been ahead of the media and others on things like Grand Juries etc.

As always with anything on the internet take with a grain of salt. Hope for the best and expect nothing can happen as well

She also said that all the alt gov twitter accounts that popped up after trump's inauguration were being controlled by Steve Bannon.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Day dreamin' a bit now but every fibre of my being is yearning to see this Cheetahman spend his last days rotting away in some jail, forgotten and hated by everyone around him.

Hitman

What was her role in the Murdoch phone hacking case?

Hitman

Here's a question GAF should be looking into:

Can new FBI director Andrew McCabe be trusted? According to Maddow he pulled Reince Prebus aside one morning to tell him that the NY Times story regarding Trump team members multiple contacts with Russians was "BS." Then he has an hour long sit down with Trump, and gets promoted to Comey's position.

Hmmm, something fishy about this guy maybe.

Morat

Banned

Just want to agree with this as a Brit. She became more and more of a far right loon as time went on, as she saw it was becoming popular.

Here's a question GAF should be looking into:

Can new FBI director Andrew McCabe be trusted? According to Maddow he pulled Reince Prebus aside one morning to tell him that the NY Times story regarding Trump team members multiple contacts with Russians was "BS." Then he has an hour long sit down with Trump, and gets promoted to Comey's position.

Hmmm, something fishy about this guy maybe.

His wife is a Democrat and Republicans are openly uncomfortable with him as FBI Director, hence why they're looking for an interim director instead of just leaving him in position until a new director is approved.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Oh no Spicey!

Independent said:
White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer is said to be facing an uncertain future after his poor handling of Donald Trump's decision to fire FBI director James Comey.
Mr Spicer, whose press appearances have been plagued by multiple gaffes, has been temporarily dropped from running his daily press briefings and will be replaced by Deputy Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders for the entirety of this week.
According to White House insiders, the general perception is Mr Spicer has been "benched" during a massively decisive week which has seen the White House subject to heavy scrutiny over the sacking of Mr Comey.

Sean Spicer future as White House Press Secretary 'in doubt over handling of James Comey firing' - The Independent
https://apple.news/AetQ89_qrTdeXBBV3l3sWTA

Love the Editor's Note

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom