• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

digdug2k

And now we are getting threats...

eof7y9i.png

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/863007411132649473
Wait. Is he saying he wiretapped himself or Commey?

Also, lol at the "you can't expect my surrogates to always be accurate. Susan rice is groaning in her coffin (someday when she's dead).

Pedrito

Beginning of the end. Downfall. Etc... We've been saying this since day 1. As much as I dislike the man, he seems to have a guardian angel that saves him from everything. I'm losing faith.

His actions are getting crazier and crazier, even by his own low standards, which could mean the noose is tightening.

And he's 100% bluffing about those tapes:
-He's way too dumb and sploppy to take these kind of precautions
-The tapes would probably show that Comey's version is the correct one

LiK

It's amazing how the entire Republican Party has bowed down and made themselves complicit with the brain dead version of Richard Nixon.

Spineless cowards who want to protect their seats and the party rather than taking down a crazy egomaniac.

I imagine two things happening

"Mr. President, please unlock the door, we're just trying to help!", as Trump goes on a twitter storm making things exponentially worse.

or

Trump just goes to the bathroom where nobody can rip the phone from his tiny hands and procedes to blow up the situation as everyone watches the live feed of his twitter update.

Z3M0G

"Mr President... I'm sorry."

Wow... Just listened to a chilling telling of campaign night of the moments when Hillary made the concession call to Trump, and only after that call started to look over her concession speech for the first time... then suddenly got the call from President Obama, and it all hit her lick a brick wall of how she let everyone down. When she took the phone those were the first words she spoke.

I heard this just now on CBC Radio during an interview with the author John Allen of the book "Shattered: Inside Hillary Clinton's Doomed Campaign".

Trump always acts particularly deranged right before a media bombshell.

I noticed #blackfriday trending on Twitter earlier, and apparently a yuge story is set to drop later today. That would certainly fit with Trump's behaviour this morning.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/et-tu-rod-why-deputy-attorney-general-must-resign

In the end, Trump was able to make set piece out of Rosenstein, because Rosenstein let himself be used as a set piece. And there’s an important lesson in that for the many honorable men and women with pending appointments and nominations to serve in senior levels of the Justice Department—or who are considering accepting such appointments. It took Donald Trump only two weeks to put Rosenstein, a figure of sterling reputation, in the position of choosing between continued service and behaving honorably—and it took only two days after that for the President to announce that Rosenstein’s memo, after all, was nothing more than a Potemkin village designed as a facade on Trump’s predecided outcome.

Do you really want this to be you? Do you really think Trump will not leave your reputation as so much roadkill on the highway after enlisting you in sliming someone else a week or two after you take office?

The lesson here is that these are not honorable people, and they will do their best to drag you down to their level. They will often succeed.

NH Apache

Banned
"Comey better not tell the truth because I have tapes!"

First off, that's blackmail. Secondly, it's going to produce the opposite effect from what Trump wants. Threatened by tapes a witness will speak the truth to minimize guilt.

Time for Comey to sing like a bird. 🐦

Hindl

Nothing can touch him or his stupid supporters.

We have seven more years of this shit.

A) there's an election in 2020
B) shit has been touching him a lot for the last week. People realize the Watergate investigation took literal years to finish right?

A) there's an election in 2020
B) shit has been touching him a lot for the last week. People realize the Watergate investigation took literal years to finish right?

Trump has dramatically fast forwarded that I think.

No one has publicly traced a money trail straight to the President yet.

SmokeMaxX

This "tapes" thing is like when a guy tries to threaten a girl with sex tapes. Well, except for the fact that these probably don't even exist.

Even if this is the beginning of the end of Trump it doesn't change the fact that so many people voted for him. I hope to see him coming crashing down in flames but it's still a scary thought that so many ignorant people could vote him into office in the first place.

Crosseyes

Banned
This is definitely a Makoto-inspiried heart stealing
Obviously the palace is at Mar-A-Lago. And the key word would be 'stadium' since all Trump is ever obsessed with is winning.

Complete with full shadow cognitions of world leaders that lose every game to Trump's tremendous coaching skills in front of his screaming loyal fans.

I'd buy that DLC.

This "tapes" thing is like when a guy tries to threaten a girl with sex tapes. Well, except for the fact that these probably don't even exist.
You know what I bet he does tape stuff, and I bet eventually there will be an effort to get them. He loves Nixon of COURSE, if he could do that without too many people knowing, he would.

When he was interviewed pre presidential run he would tape the interview process to "keep the media honest".

A man like trump would be thinking taping everything would be personal gain from office. Powerful info he may be able to use in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom