• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump Fires James Comey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedrito

Twist: Russians record what happens in the oval office and send the transcripts to Trump. So "technically", Trump is not recording.

Trump is very afraid of Comey and the info he has. That's the only explanation for that bizarre threat he gave.
No, I think Trump really thinks Comey told him he wasn't being investigated and he's saying a tape would prove as much. My dad does this all the time - he's absolutely certain he read this or that or saw someone say some other thing on the news and when I finally find what he was talking about, it was completely different. Human memory is a faulty instrument and most of us are usually unwilling to recognize that.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Press: "What did Trump mean with his tweets this morning?"

Spicer:
full

Zabka

No, I think Trump really thinks Comey told him he wasn't being investigated and he's saying a tape would prove as much. My dad does this all the time - he's absolutely certain he read this or that or saw someone say some other thing on the news and when I finally find what he was talking about, it was completely different. Human memory is a faulty instrument and most of us are usually unwilling to recognize that.
So Trump is Eric Cartman

I can't believe they are still basing their whole argument on the Clapper thing. He's said literally every time that he was not in a position to see any evidence if it had existed, and as such he has not seen any evidence! For fucks sake, I hope reporters keep crucifying them on that shit.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man. Spicer knows he's bullshitting so hard and it looks like his face can't believe he's doong this.

oti

Banned
This makes zero sense.

Trump both puts everything on Clapper and at the same time asks why he changed his story?

So he's betting on him and he's undermining him.

At the same time.

What.

Memory is faulty for what someone had for lunch last week or the name of a recent movie. Not matters of "Am I currently being investigated for a traitorous crime by the FBI?"

fantomena

We went over this:

Eddard = Hillary
Varys = Comey
Joffrey = Trump
Littlefinger = Putin
McConnell = Janos Slynt
Renly = Bernie
Margery = Jared Kushner
Cersei = Bannon
Maester Pycelle = Paul Ryan
Robert Baratheon = Obama and/or Bill Clinton
Mance Rayder = Justin Trudeau
Dany = Angela Merkel

Eddard is not Hillary. Im not sure if there is anyone in politics that is Eddard. Eddard is a super honorable man who sacrificed duty for love and family. He resisted being the hand, resisted being the next king. Noone in politics would resist something like that unless they're are in big trouble so they want to be more together with their family.

He's not going to make it to next week with that quote there, refused to assert loyalty to Trump (even though what he said was clearly the right thing to say in this situation).

Memory is faulty for what someone had for lunch last week or the name of a recent movie. Not matters of "Am I currently being investigated for a traitorous crime by the FBI?"
Sure it is. Have you heard any of Trump's interviews? Cummings says Trump could be a great president depending on his actions, Trump hears that Cummings says he will be a great president. His mind twists fact and nuance all the time and this is not unique to him.

Pedrito

Implying everyone but them is a liar will be their downfall. You can only try to ruin the reputation of so many people before one will fight back.

I can only imagine the sheer terror that must run Spicer's head these days before he comes on stage for these.

I wouldn't want to be in the nearest bathroom before he gets to the podium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom