• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: 'I will get rid of gun-free zones on schools' my first day in the White House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mimosa97

well we let this guy saying bad thing. He can

We have a guy like that in France: Eric Zemmour. We don't stop him to speak but each time he crossed the line, yep, go take an Attorney eric.

EDIT : . Letting this guy manipulate your civilians american with FEAR is not what i call liberty.

Huh I'm French and I think that's a terrible example buddy.

We shouldn't prosecute people for saying hateful things. That's what real freedom of speech is. I think we're in the wrong on this one and Americans have it right.

well we let this guy saying bad thing. He can

We have a guy like that in France: Eric Zemmour. We don't stop him to speak but each time he crossed the line, yep, go take an Attorney eric.

EDIT : . Letting this guy manipulate your civilians american with FEAR is not what i call liberty.

It's up to the Americans to educate themselves.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Come on guys. What's the worst thing that's ever happened with guns on school campuses. The good guys will have guns! Insta-Safety!

XOMTOR

Okay, seriously...this guy. Just wow. I can only think of a few possible scenarios for Trump:

1. He's a plant for the democrats and is there to sabotage the Republican party and set them back decades.
2. He's the world greatest troll
3. He has a huge amount of contempt for politics and wants to make a mockery of it. See #2.

There's just no way I can believe that he's actually running for president of the USA.

Toparaman

Banned
I just love all this "Day 1" shit. Pre-order the Trump pack to unlock guns in school zones!

Buy the Collector's Edition to get a small-scale replica of Punished "Venom" Trump's hat!

Obama sent him to hell. But he's going even deeper. Take back everything America's lost.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Why stop there, why not give every new born child a gun or make it a law that every US citizen must own a gun?

Too bad the White House is a Trump-free zone.

Yeah, I have faith that American will do the right and smart thing by not voting for him. The guy is a joke.

"Gimme your lunch money"
israeli_course_in_shooting_for_civilians_familie.jpg

image.php

You will have to shoot me because you're never getting your money back. Mwhahahahaahaha!!

Mimosa97

Okay, seriously...this guy. Just wow. I can only think of a few possible scenarios for Trump:

1. He's a plant for the democrats and is there to sabotage the Republican party and set them back decades.
2. He's the world greatest troll
3. He has a huge amount of contempt for politics and wants to make a mockery of it. See #2.

There's just no way I can believe that he's actually running for president of the USA.

1. No.
2. Not really. No.
3. Yes and No.

He's running and even though he'll be the underdog in the generation election, he still has a good shot at winning considering what's happening in the World right now. I can see his salesman rhetoric doing wonders before the general election and him appealing to a broader audition by toning it down and pandering more to the left.

People need to stop thinking he's at worse a mole or a troll at best. Trump is a real threat.

Every kid, teacher, principal, janitor, lunch lady packing heat. What could possibly go wrong?

Then throw in every fraternity, sorority, dormitory, auditorium, stadium and classroom in the country and you've got the NRA's ultimate wet dream.

RPGCrazied

Man, this guy is an idiot. Yeah, more guns is the answer! /s Not only would it cause more panic and hysteria, you'd have bullets going everywhere, the police wouldn't be able to see who is the shooter or tough guy with a gun think he is helping.

Apathy

Yup mine as well. Found myself checking exits during class. Great feeling. Can't wait to allow all of my extremely level headed classmates to carry a gun.

See this is what pisses me off when I talk to gun nuts. You shouldn't have to think that way. This is not normal in any other western country. This is what people in war torn nations or something akin to that have to worry about.

Machina

Banned
Seriously, if Trump is the best the Republicans have to offer, and he will be if his primary numbers are good, Truly even Bernie Sanders can dare to dream to become President. The only thing in HIS way is Hilary.

faridmon

I really hope, HOPE, that you guys elect him to run the nation. The hilarity of it all.

Dangerous, and I have to say sorry, but hilarious.

I'm not sure Americans can appreciate the full hilarity of such statements due to differences in our cultures. I'm picturing one of our German politicians making it one of his primary objectives to allow guns in schools.
Only in Bizarro world would he even get a political platform to speak, let alone be a popular candidate.

The fact that a large group of people agreed with this nutjob is sad.

Its disturbing that you can find crazy people anywhere and in large numbers. This is about 20,000 people at a pro Nazi/fascist rally in 1939. Maybe more disturbing is how closely Trumps rhetoric echoes these nutjobs.

curGwRd.jpg

Aside from its admiration for Adolf Hitler and the achievements of Nazi Germany, the German American Bund program included antisemitism, strong anti-Communist sentiments, and the demand that the United States remain neutral in the approaching European conflict.

I really hope, HOPE, that you guys elect him to run the nation. The hilarity of it all.

Dangerous, and I have to say sorry, but hilarious.

This isn't just dangerous for the US. If this guy is elected he will put the whole world in danger. Just imagine what he could do with the Middle East. This isn't funny.

Monocle

What could go wrong?

This isn't just dangerous for the US. If this guy is elected he will put the whole world in danger. Just imagine what he could do with the Middle East. This isn't funny.
No, it would definitely be hilarious if he started some international conflict that spiraled out of control. Classic stuff.

People suffering and dying for no reason is funny, especially when they're not American. Lol, haha. Vote Trump.

Liamario

Banned
Serious question-

Are sensible Americans shitting it with the thought of Donald Trump becoming president?
Also, are you worried that it's a real possibly of happening?

LosDaddie

Banned
Is this stance any different than the rest of the GOP field?

I thought pretty much all GOP lawmakers called for this after Sandy Hook

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Serious question-

Are sensible Americans shitting it with the thought of Donald Trump becoming president?

no one is worried, the chances of him winning the general are negligible

Alpende

At this point I seriously think that Trump is a troll, taking the most extreme positions that even irrational republicans don't take, and running a campaign on them.

If someone that has no knowledge of who this guy is they have to assume this is a complete joke right? This dude can't be serious.

Phoenix

Serious question-

I told my cousin several months ago that this was a real possibility. She laughed and said I was crazy. But presidential elections are about the personalities and he has not charisma than his peers and that alone makes him viable because people who are engaged vote, and people who are outraged at their choices generally stay home on election day.

I personally loathe Hillary as a candidate. I see her as divisive and dangerous for different reasons. In many ways she is unlikeable. Bernie is who I'd like to see take the nom - Biden would have been a lock IMO. But given the likely heading of politics - Trump really has a better than 49% chance to be the next president of the US.

no one is worried, the chances of him winning the general are negligible

It's funny. I remember people telling me the same about Obama, and how Bernie wouldn't make it this far in the primaries. Some of those quotes are right here on GAF.

Nipo

What is the conceal carry age in most states? 25? I can't imagine you have to wait longer to rent a car than carry a gun.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to take Trump's words as meaning he'll take away state rights on this issue. The author seems to be inferring something that isn't there.

Trump is a genius at self promotion and media manipulation. He is a real threat.

He's keeping his language very simple and his policies very black and white with little room for misinterpretation because they're so extreme.

He'll pick up alot of grass roots support from people that share his extreme views.

As his support grows backing him as the candidate will be the only viable option for the party. The only other option will be you backing an alternative candidate with little to no support from the voters. Will you waste your vote or side with Trump?

Trump is playing this perfectly whether you agree with his views or not.

Interesting times ahead!

This gun-free zone rhetoric is pretty disgusting when you think about the Giffords shooting. A US Representative was nearly assassinated, 6 people were killed and 19 wounded by a shooter who wasn't in a gun-free zone, and with at least two armed individuals in the crowd. But you know what stopped the shooter? A couple of unarmed men (and a woman) tackled him to the ground. And then were almost shot by one of the armed bystanders in the confusion and struggle for his weapon. The other never even drew his weapon.

Encouraging civilians to go all vigilante on suspected shooters doesn't stop mass shootings, it ends up having idiots open fire at shoplifters at Wal-Mart because they think they're going to be a fucking hero. It is literally one of the most disgusting and dangerous bullshit rhetoric in politics today.

i don't understand how in US you can let this guy saying things like that.
In a week in France he would be stoped and many commission would talk directly to him (constitution, parlement, national assembly)

Yup, just like france stopped le pen in a week in 2002.

At some point people have to stop being surprised that Trump doesn't actually seem to know that the President isn't actually a dictator

With a Republican house and a republican Senate and a likely chance to nominate a justice, Trump could do decades of irreversible damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom