• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump privately signs anti-Planned Parenthood law

Status
Not open for further replies.

jviggy43

And so begins the facade of him doing something while were distracted despite us being well aware of this being likely to happen for months now.

Also this is super fucking deplorable.

Small government

It's sad that so many people are worried about fundamentalist Islamic terrorist attacks while """"Christianity"""" is literally going to kill women that live next door to them.

PP needs to take a super hard line stance against this and stop all operation in states that deny funding, or just all red states period. Maybe after more woman die from cancer because they didn't get a screening or some politician's daughter dies from a home abortion they will realize how valuable it is. Votes have consequences and PP needs to stop helping those who don't deserve it.

This post is like 50% serious and 50% the result of rage and sadness. Ugh.

PP needs to take a super hard line stance against this and stop all operation in states that deny funding, or just all red states period. Maybe after more woman die from cancer because they didn't get a screening or some politician's daughter dies from a home abortion they will realize how valuable it is. Votes have consequences and PP needs to stop helping those who don't deserve it.

No more "we go high" shit. That doesn't work. Drown them in the mud. Full 'The Untouchables' here. Drown them in their own filth.

THIS post is 100% serious.

Cut them loose.

ascii42

All women who live in red states don't deserve help from PP?

This post is like 50% serious and 50% the result of rage and sadness. Ugh.
This is an idea in theory but the people most reliant on Planned Parenthood are the ones the republicans are the least likely to care about. It wouldn't send a message - it would just be "mission accomplished" for republicans.

This is an idea in theory but the people most reliant on Planned Parenthood are the ones the republicans are the least likely to care about. It wouldn't send a message - it would just be "mission accomplished" for republicans.

And how many of those are Republicans? Because I guarantee you a sizable proportion of PP clients are Republicans. The at-risk people who need it the most mingle with the not-so-at-risk people who generally don't.

So they will die.

It will be a lesson well-learned or more of them will.

Many of their friends, sisters, mothers, daughters, and on and on will wind up in septic wards as their ability to get an abortion boils down to "whatever c an induce a miscarriage." They too will die. It will be a lesson well-learned or more or them will.

A great many eggs will be broken to make this realpolitik omelette.

Keri

So, just to keep things in perspective: States can pull funding from Planned Parenthood, which will limit the ability of women to obtain birth control. Additionally, the appointment of Gorsuch was intended to promote anti-abortion rulings, which may result in access to abortion being denied. And Trump Care may change the nature of health care, so pre-natal coverage is no longer required or has to be separately purchased by women.

So...that's just fantastic .

Yes, put "Diminishing women's health and raising mortality rates" on a poster. That'll win over voters.

Most people who voted against Planned Parenthood have no idea that they do other operations other than abortions cause they've been told that.

I'm starting to wonder if they really think people are just happily murdering their unborn children at this point. Abortions are not exactly as common as they make it out to be.

Every woman will see some form of suffering through the health of themselves or others, and it will be obvious. Only then will you see minds starting to change when they realize what just happened.

Here we go again with the mainstream GOP's anti-women bullshit. Trump can get fucked.

I figure it was a huge majority of men that voted for this, but what do the pro-life GOP women say about this? Fuck you, got menopause?

Here we go again with the mainstream GOP's anti-women bullshit. Trump can get fucked.

I figure it was a huge majority of men that voted for this, but what do the pro-life GOP women say about this? Fuck you, got menopause?

Two Republican defectors, Sens. Susan M. Collins of Maine and Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, joining all 48 members of the Democratic Caucus in backing Planned Parenthood.

Pence broke the tie.

Most (white) women voted for this

Dont feel too bad

This kind of comment is so fucking disgusting.

1. It wasn't even most white women afaik, but a little under 50% of white women that voted for Trump.
2. Just because roughly 50% of white women are racist idiots doesn't mean all women don't deserve the right to bodily autonomy.

Keri

And how many of those are Republicans? Because I guarantee you a sizable proportion of PP clients are Republicans. The at-risk people who need it the most mingle with the not-so-at-risk people who generally don't.

So they will die.

It will be a lesson well-learned or more of them will.

Many of their friends, sisters, mothers, daughters, and on and on will wind up in septic wards as their ability to get an abortion boils down to "whatever c an induce a miscarriage." They too will die. It will be a lesson well-learned or more or them will.

A great many eggs will be broken to make this realpolitik omelette.

This is absolutely disgusting. Women do not exist to be offered as sacrifices, to make political points.

This is exactly why conservatives voted for Trump.

They care about literally nothing else.

Zero-sum scorched-earth #abortionismurder

Practically 100% of the Trump voters that I know voted for him because of this or **** Hillary.

I live in Michigan for the record.

I wouldn't be surprised if his approval ratings increased after this, not because of him bombing the hell out of the Middle East. Maybe because both?

This is absolutely disgusting. Women do not exist to be offered as sacrifices, to make political points.

We're not the one offering them as sacrifices. We had to learn this before -- that's why we don't have septic wards as much anymore. In an ideal world, no, these rights -- and they are RIGHTS -- wouldn't be at RISK.

But they are. And it's not just women who use Planned Parenthood, either. The thing these people just did will harm them -- we can't fix it immediately. We might not get the chance to fix it at all.

It's not a question of whether we're sacrificing lives or not, it's a question of who we lay the blame for the many who will be sacrificed, and who have already been there.

People, predominantly women, will die because Planned Parenthood won't be able to stay above water everywhere. I hope the people who clamor to shut down PP because of a tiny fraction of their funding comes from abortion, and the great majority of those from saving a mother's live, realize this mistake.

I'm not happy about this. I'm not rejoicing about how they'll kill themselves with their stupidity. We're not MAKING a point. These people are forcing one.

Dude Abides

Banned
Defunding Planned Parenthood is mainstream GOP policy.

It is.

One side note for clarification. "Defunding" is right wing framing. PP does not get grants from the federal government. It does (until now) get reimbursed by Medicare and Medicaid (I think this particular change affects Medicaid only) for non-abortion medical care that it provides. What this bill means is that Arkansas or Mississippi can now refuse to reimburse PP when a Medicaid recipient gets a Pap smear. Since PP is often the only provider of women's reproductive health services in poor communities, this bill not only threatens PP in general but also means less access for healthcare for poor women, so it accomplishes two GOP goals.

Thanks Ivanka!

1. It wasn't even most white women afaik, but a little under 50% of white women that voted for Trump.
2. Just because roughly 50% of white women are racist idiots doesn't mean all women don't deserve the right to bodily autonomy.

No.

61% of white women voted for Trump as opposed to 34% voting for Hillary Clinton.

So, yeah.

n2hhlyshn6plinfzehn7.jpg

Keri

We're not the one offering them as sacrifices. We had to learn this before -- that's why we don't have septic wards as much anymore. In an ideal world, no, these rights -- and they are RIGHTS -- wouldn't be at RISK.

But they are. And it's not just women who use Planned Parenthood, either. The thing these people just did will harm them -- we can't fix it immediately. We might not get the chance to fix it at all.

It's not a question of whether we're sacrificing lives or not, it's a question of who we lay the blame for the many who will be sacrificed, and who have already been there.

People, predominantly women, will die because Planned Parenthood won't be able to stay above water everywhere. I hope the people who clamor to shut down PP because of a tiny fraction of their funding comes from abortion, and the great majority of those from saving a mother's live, realize this mistake.

I'm not happy about this. I'm not rejoicing about how they'll kill themselves with their stupidity. I'm pointing it out. We're not MAKING a point. These people are forcing one.

No. You said "drown them in their own mud," which suggests we should just LET women die, so other people (obviously not the dead women) will learn a lesson. You spoke of dead women as necessary "eggs" to make an omelette. Your posts were gross. If you meant something else, you chose your words extraordinarily poorly.

No. You said "drown them in their own mud," which suggests we should just LET women die, so other people (obviously not the dead women) will learn a lesson. You spoke of dead women as necessary "eggs" to make an omelette. Your posts were gross. If you meant something else, you chose your words extraordinarily poorly.

...Yeah, you're right. This sort of thing is really pissing me off and I'm a half-step from what people tend to call 'radicalized' by now. But this is going to mean I have nowhere to turn for my transition counseling, and I'm blending general, still somehow growing hatred for the GOP right now with the people that are at their mercy. I guess what I mean to say is that I'd rather not have women die but there's not much we can do for them if they use or may use PP's services and also want them to stop existing.

Might be time to take a step back.

I'll leave the posts for posterity.

Monocle

Fucking retrograde idiocy. Idiots shouldn't be allowed to vote. Go start your own country if you need to ruin everything.

Keri

...Yeah, you're right. This sort of thing is really pissing me off and I'm a half-step from what people tend to call 'radicalized' by now. But this is going to mean I have nowhere to turn for my transition counseling, and I'm blending general, still somehow growing hatred for the GOP right now with the people that are at their mercy. I guess what I mean to say is that I'd rather not have women die but there's not much we can do for them if they use or may use PP's services and also want them to stop existing.

Might be time to take a step back.

I'll leave the posts for posterity.

I mean this genuinely, thank you for this post. I've seen a lot of similar rhetoric in these threads and this is the first time someone has conceded the poor phrasing. I know this topic is frustrating and scary, so I completely understanding lashing out. I just think it's important how we discuss it.

FStubbs

Until the baby is born. Then you don't give a fuck.

Way to go female Trump supporters.

They really don't even care before the baby is born since this move removes a lot of pre-natal care from pregnant women.

Republicans are fine with what we'll call "indirect abortions".

Nista

61% of non-college educated white women according to that article. Not all white women.

Yeah seriously, wish posters would stop painting all white women as uncaring fundamentalists. I haven't voted republican once in my life, and it's stupid that people consider me as part of some crazy asshole voting bloc that wants PP defunded. Women are all individuals, not some silly hivemind.

RPGCrazied

Fucking retrograde idiocy. Idiots shouldn't be allowed to vote. Go start your own country if you need to ruin everything.

Its all Republicans care about. Guns, religion, how to make $$$ at people's well being expense and dictate how women control their bodies. Oh yeah, anti gay everything. If you're gay, they hate you.

louiedog

Bet Republicans would crave for a abortion if the unthinkable happened to their daughters.

I don't have a link handy, but I've read multiple stories over the years from people who work at PP or abortion clinics who have patients that they recognized as protesters or would straight up tell them that they didn't believe in abortion and thought the doctor was horrible, but their situation was special and different so it was okay.

And the lawmakers all have money. If they get abortion outlawed in their state or succeed in the country they can always cross borders if it ever came to that.

So they want others to be respectful and understanding towards their issues, but not to the issues faced by poor people, LBGT and minorities?

So they want others to be respectful and understanding towards their issues, but not to the issues faced by poor people, LBGT and minorities?

Nah dude, hold white women accountable for their racism all day, but saying they should live without safe abortions or birth control or medical care because of their bigotry is some misogynistic bullshit, especially since this affects ALL women, not just the ones who voted for Donald.

sinkfla87

I've been working on a song I've been trying to write for forever, reading this has pissed me off enough to work on it again. Thanks, you old megalomaniacal pieces of shit! These neanderthals are so worried about their tax dollars going to fund the most miniscule of costs towards an abortion but don't give the slightest of fucks about the baby that is born.

"You're only pro life until the baby is born
"Then you sever the umbilical and send them off to war"

Scirrocco

Those two have my respect on this issue at least.

Fuck Mike Penis.

Aren't they the ones who voted against Devos... after voting her through committeee even though either one could have blocked her by siiding with dems?

Yeah, fuck em both. I guarantee if they'd needed another two votes they'd have sided with the GOP. This isn't them standing up for their beliefs, it's them having protection for the next election.

azyless

Jesus christ we're not talking about one specific Trump voter being fucked over here, we're talking about +-150 millions women, some of whom have never voted republican in their life, being denied what should be a basic fucking right to body autonomy.
It's like seeing a general "Illegal immigrants will be deported" thread and going on about how 1 out of 3 hispanics votedTrump.

digdug2k

What's to stop planned Parenthood from just moved into their abortion services to some other shell Corp at this point? I mean, if the GOP is going g to play financial games, can't open just do the same back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom