• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump takes shots at Kaepernick, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field’

MgA7_ercRqKkZyEsdCNJzQ.png

Good Lord, take Bolt out your damn mouth. Trump is asking to get dunked on.

phanphare

Banned
Packers are going to stand and lock arms for the game Thursday. Ask the fans to do the same
http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...ign=sf117028964_TW__sf117028964&sf117028964=1

yeah really not liking how this linking arms thing is going

this will go on for like another week or two and then people will move on having thought they successfully compromised with the original protesters and we all came together in "unity" and grew as a people.

then some players will still kneel and people will get annoyed again being like "wait I thought we were done with that, we compromised and did the arm linking thing. it's time to move on now. we grew. back to football."

Number_6

yeah really not liking how this linking arms thing is going

this will go on for like another week or two and then people will move on having thought they successfully compromised with the original protesters and we all came together in "unity" and grew as a people.

then some players will still kneel and people will get annoyed again being like "wait I thought we were done with that, we compromised and did the arm linking thing. it's time to move on now. we grew. back to football."

Yup. Compromise on the gesture--the original purpose is (thankfully!) forgotten.

Fuck.

I was listening to the radio and they were talking about immigration.

Caller: "But why is immigration so hard for some people?"
Host: "*goes into a long explanation*"
Caller: *pauses* "Yes, but why is it so hard?"

People generally like to think that there's an easily understandable explanation for shit that quite simply does not have one. Either that or they think the easy explanation is the thing that would be true if the issue were not as complicated.

And that, children, is how Donald J Trump, a man who has never used or spoken in a full paragraph in his entire life, became president of the United States.

People are idiots who need everything about life to be distilled down into easy to digest and understand factoids, despite many of them working in jobs that require years of study and complicated and accumulated knowledge and would laugh at someone running things or doing there job if they had as facile an understanding on it as they do on their pet issue of the day.

JABEE

Packers are going to stand and lock arms for the game Thursday. Ask the fans to do the same
http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...ign=sf117028964_TW__sf117028964&sf117028964=1

Nowhere in that statement does it mention the discriminatory criminal justice system and the fight to protect black men from being murdered by police with no repercussions.

Unity is nice, but you first have to confront how you can make things better. It may sound nice to say we can all relate to the pain, but all pain isn't equal.

All misunderstandings are not innocent mistakes. These problems with the system thrive from intentional maintenance of policies that inflict real pain on an entire community.

You can't wash away a real fight because it's not going away with military love and police handshakes.

fertygo

I'm not even American and this "issue" infuriate me..

This is disgusting.. one sides try really hard to shut down the very basic right. Right to voicing a concern and they do it in very irrelevant manner and yet this one side fuming hard about it..

I just.. ugh.. this is straight out from 50s, its very unacceptable to see this. No sane human should see this as issue

Sorry for my bad english

TraBuch

Banned
Don't tell people how they should protest. Purity test. Blah blah blah.

Linking arms did more harm than good. If you're gonna be a fence sitter, just stand like you usually do. Don't pretend to make a statement so you can feel better about yourself while trying to appease all the racists out there so they can feel good about themselves.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not even American and this "issue" infuriate me..

This is disgusting.. one sides try really hard to shut down the very basic right. Right to voicing a concern and they do it in very irrelevant manner and yet this one side fuming hard about it..

I just.. ugh.. this is straight out from 50s, its very unacceptable to see this. No sane human should see this as issue

Sorry for my bad english

Been that way since day 1 in this country.

The minute Trump spoke it became about showing him what for and telling him to shut up

Everything else is dead, now. That's just the sad reality of it.

Are people in the media finally starting to turn on Ray Lewis?

It's fucking hysterical how for 15 years he was a murderer who got away and should be in prison but now that they can trot his you know what ass out there on TV every day to sing and dance for them he's "beloved'".

fester

Banned
I haven't been active in this thread, but that Shannon video has gone to good use to share with others.

I was honestly caught off-guard by how eloquent and moving it was. He used some seriously dynamic public speaking skills and abilities. And the juxtaposition of his content with the setting (a fucking TV studio) made it even more powerful. It was brilliant.

platocplx

And that, children, is how Donald J Trump, a man who has never used or spoken in a full paragraph in his entire life, became president of the United States.

People are idiots who need everything about life to be distilled down into easy to digest and understand factoids, despite many of them working in jobs that require years of study and complicated and accumulated knowledge and would laugh at someone running things or doing there job if they had as facile an understanding on it as they do on their pet issue of the day.

The average voter chooses people based on literally a single issue or if they feel like they can “fall in love” with a candidate. They could care less about policy and platform as long as that candidate makes them feel good.

Qvoth

Its wrong to do it in the streets.
Its wrong to do it in the tweets.

You cannot do it on the field.
You cannot do it if you’ve kneeled.

And don’t do it if youre rich,
You ungrateful son of a bitch.

Because there’s one thing that’s a fact,
You cannot protest if you’re black.

someone should make that into a song

The average voter chooses people based on literally a single issue or if they feel like they can “fall in love” with a candidate. They could care less about policy and platform as long as that candidate makes them feel good.

Which is my point. People are, generally, idiots who want to feel smart or engaged.

I think I just lost a friend over this.

I had a very nice older woman who was my friend and coworker. We worked well together, but then she moved to Oklahoma, but we kept in touch via Facebook. I had seen through her posts she was conservative. There was the occasional Obama-bashing post but it seemed more like "I'm Republican, so Obama is my enemy" kind of posts and not racist or anything, so I just kinda shrugged it off. She posted some really stupid stuff when Trump got elected. Stuff like Trump "welcoming back" Santa and Jesus and then another time (I think it was around the time he first tried to impose that Travel Ban) she posted some picture of him with a kid with the caption "Look how sweet he is with this child, the picture the media WON'T show." It was super frustrating, but I lack a certain assertiveness. To quote an old phrase, "I'm a lover, not a fighter." So I did nothing. But then today, she posted some excerpt from some kind of NFL rulebook or SOMETHING (I don't follow sports) that highlighted rules about players MUST be standing for the National Anthem out of respect to the flag and country. And then followed up with a picture of NASCAR racers standing for the Anthem with the words "Look at these fine folks showing PROPER respect to their country and flag."

That did it, that was my breaking point. I commented saying sarcastically at first, "Yeah, it's not like the head of NASCAR was threatening people's jobs if they didn't stand or anything." I then followed up, "You know, that does it, I just can't associate with someone so tone deaf anymore that's aligned herself with a white supremacist. I'm done. Take care of yourself."

She then sends me a message, I read it just now "Please don't shun me over a stupid post." I want to followup with something but I'm at a loss of what to do.

Ishan

I had a very nice older woman who was my friend and coworker. We worked well together, but then she moved to Oklahoma, but we kept in touch via Facebook. I had seen through her posts she was conservative. There was the occasional Obama-bashing post but it seemed more like "I'm Republican, so Obama is my enemy" kind of posts and not racist or anything, so I just kinda shrugged it off. She posted some really stupid stuff when Trump got elected. Stuff like Trump "welcoming back" Santa and Jesus and then another time (I think it was around the time he first tried to impose that Travel Ban) she posted some picture of him with a kid with the caption "Look how sweet he is with this child, the picture the media WON'T show." It was super frustrating, but I lack a certain assertiveness. To quote an old phrase, "I'm a lover, not a fighter." So I did nothing. But then today, she posted some excerpt from some kind of NFL rulebook or SOMETHING (I don't follow sports) that highlighted rules about players MUST be standing for the National Anthem out of respect to the flag and country. And then followed up with a picture of NASCAR racers standing for the Anthem with the words "Look at these fine folks showing PROPER respect to their country and flag."

That did it, that was my breaking point. I commented saying sarcastically at first, "Yeah, it's not like the head of NASCAR was threatening people's jobs if they didn't stand or anything." I then followed up, "You know, that does it, I just can't associate with someone so tone deaf anymore that's aligned herself with a white supremacist. I'm done. Take care of yourself."

She then sends me a message, I read it just now "Please don't shun me over a stupid post." I want to followup with something but I'm at a loss of what to do.

You can say this issue is very important to me and I'll talk if you're willing to have a constructive discussion ... Doubt it'll go anywhere but worth a shot .

TheContact

Patriots (at least) FB page comments are returning to normal at least. The top hits are from respectable people bashing the people bitching about kneeling and the rest are just top comments about the actual post in question. Starting to look like these ❄️ are either shutting the fuck up or are realizing they’re wrong.

It’s a divicive topic. Sadly there’s even “good” people who are against this for all the wrong reasons. My uncle is a good person who supports my family and especially my young children and he was posting that he was against kneeling. His family is also military so he’s just ignorant to the purpose of the protests and only sees it as “disrespectful”. I don’t hate him for it I just think he’s ignorant. I don’t block him from my life because of it though. I really think his motives are genuine but he can’t get past the fact that he feels like it’s disrespectul. Just try to do ur best to counter their arguments (it is really easy) and try to get them on your side.

If she's willing to message you then she's willing to talk. Have a discussion without pushing the other one away and see what comes out of it. There are a lot of good talking points on our side.

Usobuko

Banned
If you don't think "world's largest prison population" is a "disgrace to America" then fuck you you're a goddamn fascist.

I think if anyone put more emphasis on the people who " give up their lives for America flag " but adopts a clearly indifference attitude on foreign causalities as a results of American's war tendencies, they should go fuck themselves and their disgusting nationalistic pride.

The director of Michigans State Police shared a Facebook post calling anthem kneelers "ungrateful, entitled degenerates"
(Her department has previously been investigated for racial discrimination. Black officers won a lawsuit alleging it.)

The right wing friends on my fb sure love posting videos of black uncle toms.

The right in general loves to hold up the one person of a given group that "gets it". That's why they endeared themselves to Sherrif Clarke (Black), supported Milo (Gay), continue to give Ben Shapiro (Jewish) some love, and continuously try and resurrect the career of Tomi Lahren (Woman). They love finding the handful of people of a given group and holding them up as validation of their often regressive and racist policies. It's 1 step away from "I can't be racist, look at this black friend I have!"

Top Bottom