• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump takes shots at Kaepernick, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field’

Slayven

The right in general loves to hold up the one person of a given group that "gets it". That's why they endeared themselves to Sherrif Clarke (Black), supported Milo (Gay), continue to give Ben Shapiro (Jewish) some love, and continuously try and resurrect the career of Tomi Lahren (Woman). They love finding the handful of people of a given group and holding them up as validation of their often regressive and racist policies. It's 1 step away from "I can't be racist, look at this black friend I have!"

Not just the right, a lot of "liberals" love tossing up Daryl Davis nowadays

The right in general loves to hold up the one person of a given group that "gets it". That's why they endeared themselves to Sherrif Clarke (Black), supported Milo (Gay), continue to give Ben Shapiro (Jewish) some love, and continuously try and resurrect the career of Tomi Lahren (Woman). They love finding the handful of people of a given group and holding them up as validation of their often regressive and racist policies. It's 1 step away from "I can't be racist, look at this black friend I have!"

I mean, are you surprised? You have some folks on the left calling minorities racist epithets like “Uncle Tom” because they have a different view on politics. You think they should be getting that type of shit from both sides?

I mean, are you surprised? You have some folks on the left calling minorities racist epithets like “Uncle Tom” because they have a different view on politics. You think they should be getting that type of shit from both sides?

No. Just no. Minorities who support white supremacy, misogyny, homophobia & transphobia are not just people with a harmless “alternative political view”. They prop up institutions of violence and marginalization not only by their words but by their very presence as friends of bigots. Yes people should be surprised that as minorities they choose to perpetuate the rhetoric of people who want nothing but their destruction and oppression.

Slayven

Oppression of marginalized people is not " a different point of view"

"PoC should not be shot in the street like dogs"

How can you have an alternative view of that?

And to activity promote and engage in that shit is some sick shit.

Oppression of marginralized people is not " a different point of view"

"PoC should not be shot in the street like dogs"

How can you have an alternative view of that?

And to activity promote and engage in that shit is some sick shit.

No, but, what if they had it coming?

Merc_

There's usually more to being a Uncle Tom than just a different view on politics. Also, that term is normally used as a call out by other members of the black community so it doesn't really apply in the way you're trying to spin it.

SKINNER!

Banned
MgA7_ercRqKkZyEsdCNJzQ.png

Good Lord, take Bolt out your damn mouth. Trump is asking to get dunked on.

Is Trump so fucking bored that he browses youtube and the internet to backup his bullshit? Like some kinda 10 year old trying to prove an argument? haha wow

Nabs

😅😅 So he's shitting on players for kneeling while riding hard for Putin? This is where we're at right now?

‘I think he’s one of the great world leaders. He’s brilliant, he’s articulate, he’s a great tactician. Him and I started out becoming friends over martial arts, and the martial arts has to do with a lot of things, it’s a philosophy.
‘We don’t have a political relationship, we talk about the martial arts and philosophy and people, and dilemmas in life.’

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Kinda ridiculous how he has tweeted more about this than hurricane disasters or the Charlotteville/white supremacists situation. Priorities, what does it mean?

Apathy

I hope someone on the cowboys goes and kneels just to piss off Trump. Someone has to do it and have some conviction here. Might hurt your career but it's a good poke in the eye after what Trump tweeted

Jesus. He just keeps going and going. Has the most important job in the world, Puerto Rico in a humanitarian crisis, doesn't fucking matter. Just chilling with his phone, tweeting vile and petty garbage. And nobody calls him on it. Nobody reigns him in. What the fuck can we even do at this point. I'm tired from the frustration.

He doesn't give a shit about Puerto Rico. He doesn't give a shit if all US citizens die tomorrow except a few who would make him food and clean up, some prostitutes, and entertainers.

I think I just lost a friend over this.

I had a very nice older woman who was my friend and coworker. We worked well together, but then she moved to Oklahoma, but we kept in touch via Facebook. I had seen through her posts she was conservative. There was the occasional Obama-bashing post but it seemed more like "I'm Republican, so Obama is my enemy" kind of posts and not racist or anything, so I just kinda shrugged it off. She posted some really stupid stuff when Trump got elected. Stuff like Trump "welcoming back" Santa and Jesus and then another time (I think it was around the time he first tried to impose that Travel Ban) she posted some picture of him with a kid with the caption "Look how sweet he is with this child, the picture the media WON'T show." It was super frustrating, but I lack a certain assertiveness. To quote an old phrase, "I'm a lover, not a fighter." So I did nothing. But then today, she posted some excerpt from some kind of NFL rulebook or SOMETHING (I don't follow sports) that highlighted rules about players MUST be standing for the National Anthem out of respect to the flag and country. And then followed up with a picture of NASCAR racers standing for the Anthem with the words "Look at these fine folks showing PROPER respect to their country and flag."

That did it, that was my breaking point. I commented saying sarcastically at first, "Yeah, it's not like the head of NASCAR was threatening people's jobs if they didn't stand or anything." I then followed up, "You know, that does it, I just can't associate with someone so tone deaf anymore that's aligned herself with a white supremacist. I'm done. Take care of yourself."

She then sends me a message, I read it just now "Please don't shun me over a stupid post." I want to followup with something but I'm at a loss of what to do.

Not to derail your post or anything but Yeah that’s fake. There is nothing in the rulebook that says that. I just hate how this fake news keep getting passed on when we have the damn internet right in front of us which takes 15 seconds to fact check.

ISOM

I will be sick to my stomach if people don't come out in DROVES during the midterm with a big middle finger to Trump. We gotta turn that protest energy into something tangible or I'm not hopeful at all for the future.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
So true. So true.

Top Bottom