• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump threatens to abandon Puerto Rico relief efforts

How do the fucking cunts that vote for him here sleep at night? is your economic anxiety fixed yet you pieces of shit?

You don't understand.

People are struggling out there. They just want someone to care about their struggles.

Unless you're black, from the continent of Asia or Hispanic.

In which case your struggles are an unjustifiable cost on the treasury.

If nothing else I hope this reinforces to anyone who isn't a straight white man that Trump not only gives no shits about you but he actively detests you in many cases. It won't of course but it should.

75% of Puerto Rico was white in the 2010 census.

Trump doesn't care about you unless you're rich, related to him, or he thinks he can trick your dumb ass in to being a pawn for him. Since the majority of PR doesn't meet any of those, he's quite happy to throw them under the bus.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
So much for Americans first.

Yeah that's his baseline and he even can't be bothered to stick to that. Anytime he says 'America first' in a debate or interview now this can be flung right into his face. I really hope 2018 is a turning point, shit's already gone on long enough.

Strike

Some leadership. Pathetic. Somehow it still won't matter to FOX News or his cult if he actually goes through with it.

hEist

Human piece of shit.
Sorry, but I'm sick reading all this stories about this human garbage in the last couple days and thinking people are defending/supporting this guy.

carlos

Hello again GAF! Been 22 days without light water phone or internet.

NE Puerto Rico reporting in. Food scarce in supermarkets, fast food lines for the few that are open are hours long.

Almost ran out of water, but barely made it.

First time getting to San Juan area right now, managed to find this patch of internet.

Whoever says this isn't an emergency can kiss my butt.

Miss you all, hope to be back on GAF soon.

I thought my biggest problem in September was finding an SNES mini, lol.

Amalthea

Banned
This attitude of his and the obsession with "the nuclear" are the reasons why I hope that he died in his sleep every morning.

IbukiLordSA

Forgive my ignorance, but what is this problem with this?

If the "Electric and all infrastructure" was already messed up before then why would anyone expect the relief support to fix that as well? In the end it's up to Congress to decide how much will be spent to help with the support not Trump, isn't he just stating facts here?

I don't understand why people are upset over it as it seems a logical decision? I'm just going with the article though so I don't know about any other things that may be present.

LiK

Hello again GAF! Been 22 days without light water phone or internet.

NE Puerto Rico reporting in. Food scarce in supermarkets, fast food lines for the few that are open are hours long.

Almost ran out of water, but barely made it.

First time getting to San Juan area right now, managed to find this patch of internet.

Whoever says this isn't an emergency can kiss my butt.

Miss you all, hope to be back on GAF soon.

I thought my biggest problem in September was finding an SNES mini, lol.

Dude, be safe and I hope you pull through.

tkscz

“Electric and all infrastructure was disaster before hurricanes. Congress to decide how much to spend,” the president tweeted, adding: “We cannot keep FEMA, the Military & the First Responders, who have been amazing (under the most difficult circumstances) in P.R. forever!”

Not sure which part of this pisses me off more. What he is saying about Porta Rico's infrastructure, or talking about money issues while giving away tax cuts to businesses and the rich.

Either way, he just keeps digging and pissing me off.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
If nothing else I hope this reinforces to anyone who isn't a straight white man that Trump not only gives no shits about you but he actively detests you in many cases. It won't of course but it should.

Straight white man that doesn't speak Spanish.

PR are mostly Spaniards.

If the "Electric and all infrastructure" was already messed up before then why would anyone expect the relief support to fix that as well? In the end it's up to Congress to decide how much will be spent to help with the support not Trump, isn't he just stating facts here?

I don't understand why people are upset over it as it seems a logical decision? I'm just going with the article though so I don't know about any other things that may be present.

Do you know what’s happening in PR right in this very moment?

Shadybiz

Dude, huh?

They might have had crappy infrastructure before, but they at least HAD power. They also HAD clean drinking water. Right now, Trump is threatening to pull the support necessary for them to at least get back to their previous state.

MaulerX

Sometimes I feel like he just talks out of hi ass just to get a reaction.

I mean, FEMA is actually hiring thousands (were taking applications in Ponce the last few days) of local residents to help with the relief efforts.

Is it logical to let someone die when you have the means and the responsibility to save them?

Ithil

Why should people forgive your ignorance if you're actually willing to take Trump at his word?

Chumly

The hurricane destroyed their infrastructure. It doesn't even matter what they had before. We have to rebuild it because a hurricane destroyed it. Blaming bad infrastructure is just a pathetic attempt to pass blame.

He's threatening to withhold money on stuff that is normally rebuilt in the states.

Pakkidis

They just got hit with one of the worst hurricanes ever, people are dying....is this really the best time to tell people that you want to pull fema out?

Amory

it's only been a few weeks since the entire island got demolished by a hurricane. it's going to take like...years for them to recover.

surely you can understand why it's messed up for the president of the US to be like, "well we've been working hard there for 3 weeks now and everything's still fucked up...but you have to remember a lot of it was fucked up anyway! we can't be expected to solve all their problems!"

Top Bottom