• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: "We have many options for Venezuela...not going to rule out a military option"

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Edit -

The Associated Press‏ @AP

BREAKING: Venezuela president asks powerful assembly to probe opposition for allegedly backing Trump threat of intervention.

Video at the link.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/896132996201304064

CNN‏ @CNN

President Trump: "I'm not going to rule out a military option" in Venezuela

Reporter: "Can you tells us what you are considering for Venezuela? What options are on the table to deal with this mess?"

Trump: "We have many options for Venezuela. And by the way, I'm not going to rule out a military option. We have many options for Venezuela. This is our neighbor, this is, you know we are all over the world. And we have troops all over the world, in places that are very, very far away. And Venezuela is not very far away. And the people are suffering and they are dying. We have many options for Venezuela, including possibly a military option, if necessary."

Edit -

GB8oyrS.png

El Topo

Sounds almost like he is deliberately stirring up shit with other countries to distract from his poor domestic track record.

Trump: "We have many options for Venezuela. And by the way, I'm not going to rule out a military option. We have many options for Venezuela. This is our neighbor, this is, you know we are all over the world. And we have troops all over the world, in places that are very, very far away. And Venezuela is not very far away. And the people are suffering and they are dying. We have many options for Venezuela, including a possible a military option, if necessary."
Trump speaks like the tacked on bullshit I put in papers to make word count.

If this is what the White House meant when they said the president would be on a "working vacation" while golfing, I wish he would just shut the fuck up and golf.

That 11 over par ain't gonna fix itself.

Focus on that.

Nikki Haley doesn't look very pleased there.

And by Gods man, for the love of all things, Trump really needs to sit down and shut the fuck up.

Wasn't this the guy who basically ran on an America First isolationist pedestal?

He goes on holiday and he's trying to start stuff with nations everywhere!

Come back Mr. President!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Ask him about Canada. I'm sure he hasn't ruled out a military option.

LifEndz

Haven't listened to him speak in awhile (his voice sickens me) but good lord is he a reporter's wet dream. You can basically get him to say anything based on how you frame your question.
Reporter: Do you have a military option for Mitch McConnell?
Trump: We have many many many options for Mitch, but I won't get into that.

He's like the bizaro version of the Commandant from the old police academy movies.

Linkark07

Banned
Well, many Venezuelans want the US to attack them and get rid of Maburro.

Problem is, this is Trump, an idiot who doesn't even know what he is talking about.

But let's be honest, there aren't many options for Venezuela either. Sanctions to Maburro and his cronies aren't working, unless the United States really dares to put sanctions on their oil. And I doubt Trump will accept that.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Someone tell Trump that Russia has been buying up shares of Venezuela's public oil companies.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-venezuela-russia-oil-specialreport-idUSKBN1AR14U

Moscow is using its position as Venezuela’s lender of last resort to gain more control over the OPEC nation’s crude reserves, the largest in the world.

Venezuela's state-owned oil firm, Petroleos de Venezuela (PDVSA), has been secretly negotiating since at least early this year with Russia's biggest state-owned oil company, Rosneft (ROSN.MM) - offering ownership interests in up to nine of Venezuela's most productive petroleum projects, according to a top Venezuelan government official and two industry sources familiar with the talks.

[...]

Rosneft delivered Venezuela’s state-owned firm more than $1 billion in April alone in exchange for a promise of oil shipments later. On at least two occasions, the Venezuelan government has used Russian cash to avoid imminent defaults on payments to bondholders, a high-level PDVSA official told Reuters.

Top Bottom