• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: "We have many options for Venezuela...not going to rule out a military option"

How is it possible that Trump is EVEN WORSE ON FUCKING VACATION?!?!?!?

600.jpg

He probably doesn't even know what's going on in Venezuela. A reporter just asks him "Hey, what do you think about Venezuela", and he replies with his typical 50 words counting vocabulary word salad non-answer.

Koomaster

Can we give him a fictional country to blow up already? He's like really itching to start a war with someone it seems. Or at least he's enjoying his 'big boy' talk recently.

Venezuela is a shit show and what's happening there is awful. But Maduro would easily use America attacking the country as a reason to consolidate more power and he would actually get more of his people to support him against a foreign enemy.

You can't give shitheads like Maduro ammo to promote their agenda. Just this statement alone is going to be used by Maduro as anti-America, pro-Maduro propaganda. The only thing an attack against the county would create is more support for Maduro.

You can see how he realized he fucked up and tried to save face with his "we are everywhere" bit just afterwards.

Oh who am I kidding, of course he has no idea if Venezuela borders the US or not.

Neighbors wouldn't be restricted to immediately adjacent. Venezuela is close, and for that matter, the historical US perspective is that it controls the Americas.

Valhelm

contribute something
Imperialistic Murica.

What could go wrong.

We already are an empire. We're conducting active drone wars in half a dozen countries and have permanent in sixteen others. Our foreign policy objectives demand a monopoly on international power projection and our dominance over weak and dependant economies is not unlike that of Romans or Mongols to their tributary states.

Trump's anti-Venezuela bravado is chasing a 200-year project to subjugate the nations of Latin America to US desires. For about eighty years, Venezuela in particular was effectively controlled by the American companies that pilfered its oil wealth and shipped off its produce to first-world groceries. Hugo Chavez broke this cycle by nationalizing American corporate property and building a social democratic economy largely independent of the Western marketplace. For the past twenty years our government has been trying to overthrow the system Chavez created, and now Trump wants to bomb their country until the Venezuelans trade their national autonomy for some good ol' American freedom.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
What fucking reporter asked him that question. Who has been of the opinion that we should be responsible for "doing something about the mess in Venezuela?"

Was this a plant or something? Have I missed that discussion? Wtf?

Pastry

Banned
What fucking reporter asked him that question. Who has been of the opinion that we should be responsible for "doing something about the mess in Venezuela?"

Venezuela is a hot fucking mess and a sensible politician would be able to answer that without sounding like a dumbass. It's a reasonable question, does the president think the US should do something to help Venezuelans?

RPGCrazied

That press conference was a disaster. Now maybe war with Venezuela?

And still laughing at him saying he has signed over 48 bills of legislation, not executive orders.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

The guy was probably writing something about it and wanted a US perspective. Dude probably expected something along the lines of: "We're monitoring the situation as it develops and are concerned with some of the news coming out of the country. As an important neighbor to the south we feel it would be in everyone's best interests...yada yada yada...importance of democracy...yada yada yada...democratically elected leaders and free speech"

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
The guy was probably writing something about it and wanted a US perspective. Dude probably expected something along the lines of: "We're monitoring the situation as it develops and are concerned with some of the news coming out of the country. As an important neighbor to the south we feel it would be in everyone's best interests...yada yada yada..."

Lol, those expectations were shattered pretty quickly then.

With all the talk Trump does about going and stealing oil from Iraq, he's the last dude anybody should be asking to sweep into Venezuela for some America First world policing.

SeeThree

Trump: "We have many options for Venezuela. And by the way, I'm not going to rule out a military option. We have many options for Venezuela. This is our neighbor, this is, you know we are all over the world. And we have troops all over the world, in places that are very, very far away. And Venezuela is not very far away. And the people are suffering and they are dying. We have many options for Venezuela, including a possible a military option, if necessary."

We have many options for Venezuela.

options
option
options
options
option

And by the way
very, very far away
not very far away

Lautaro

Oh yeah, I'm sure american bombs can fix Venezuela ffs.

I want to believe this is just bullshit to distract but this guy is so stupid that you never know...

Top Bottom