• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tsilon.ca Discussion Thread

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Well we all knew Far Cry 3 was going to be $39.99 after Christmas. Now how to get it or $19.99 with the coupon... hmm.

EGM92

Not sure if this was posted before, but a video with the founder of tsilon/g-list

http://epdaily.tv/all/spotlight/what-is-the-g-list/

Was posted on the Glist forums, haven't watched it until now though.

Listening to what the misters have said about what's going to happen with the site it seems too ambitious but if it works out, all the better.

Also Secret of Mana challenge should take you a couple of hours if you're starting a new game. You have to beat the Ice Palace to meet up with Santa.

As for the Swords and Soldiers, it seems to be only available on the steam version of the game and luckily that's on sale for 2.49$ but I wouldn't pay for it.

Rinoa

Takes a long ass time, feels like 3/4 of the game in? Hard to remember, and I just cleared SM last winter so I don't wanna start it up again.

lol icon

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Approx. how long would it take to reach Santa?

I REALLY don't have the luxury of spending hours on another game right now.

It depends on how much you want to grind on the way there and how much you use magic on the bosses. It's been a little while since I last played, but I want to say that it's possible to beat in about 10 hours if you use your magic properly so that you don't spend forever on the bosses and know where you are going. Santa would be at about the 3-4 hour mark in that case.

aechris

How about this new Nights one? I see I need to beat both campaigns, but how long does that take? If I've never played it before will I enjoy it for $10? I don't want to spend like 20 hours but I wouldn't mind it being 5-6.

KarmaCow

So I'm guessing the Sword & Soldiers challenge is for iOS only? The Android version doesn't even have online, much less track achievements as far as I can tell.

iphys

The swords & soldiers challenge is screwed up I think. I couldn't really follow from the tsilon thread what version of the game, if any, the challenge would apply to, and it seemed like no one was doing it.

EGM92

If you read my post about it you'd know it's only available on the steam version of the game. It's an online challenge you have to do it vs another player.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Hurray! My Outland submission was accepted! 3am Christmas morning, can't sleep. Play Outland for XP. Probably going to start up Secret of Mana tomorrow.

zroid

Banned
I am dreadfully stumped by today's daily :\

edit: bleh. got it. (316 xp)

JR

I'm pretty sure the clue was misworded.

EGM92

Finished the Halo 4 challenge the good ol' fashioned way, dying dozens upon dozens of times by grunts lobing grenades then rushing you :(

Orca

I didn't have much trouble with it. I just abuse distance weapons. My favourite combo is the light rifle and binary rifle in tandem. Even the Prometheans are no problem, a couple shots with the light rifle then switch to the binary and they're dust in a shot.

They checked that one quickly. Already got the points for it :D

zroid

Banned
300 xp daily:

Randnet

BTW looks like GTA5, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, MGR Revengeance, God of War Ascension, and Gears of War Judgment perks are up on the site. $20 off each, level 10 required. They go live tomorrow at 2pm.

EGM92

300 xp daily:

Randnet

BTW looks like GTA5, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, MGR Revengeance, God of War Ascension, and Gears of War Judgment perks are up on the site. $20 off each, level 10 required. They go live tomorrow at 2pm.

20$ off? yawn. There should be better perks for dedicated members.

krae_man

Some of the old dailies on this page still work(everything back to PS2 worked for me). If you missed a couple, get them while you still can.

zroid

Banned
I actually didn't pre-order any of those games at E3 because I used almost all my codes on 3DS and Wii U games.

The only one out of those I intend to get day 1 though is Revengeance, so I'll gladly take the 20 bucks off that.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Without cheating the Baldur's Gate challenge takes about 3 minutes from a fresh installation of Tales of the Sword Coast. It should give you a fresh save file in Ulgoth's Beard. Just open up Imoen's inventory and she's wearing the Shadow Armor.

Top Bottom