• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tsilon.ca Discussion Thread

Orca

I uploaded a pic of my desk at work. I think it shows a pretty decent passion for gaming :D

PUlmP.jpg

DrEvil

not a medical professional
I uploaded a pic of my desk at work. I think it shows a pretty decent passion for gaming :D

tsilon game devs unite :)

I'd post my desk at work but there's too many sensitive materials to do so.. one day I'll clean my desk, I swear!

edit: Looks like all the photo areas are full.

jred2k

The colour sites are starting to come back up again now and there are codes on each one to be found. So far its just Grenaid.ca and redosupport.ca that are back up, but it looks like the intention is to put one up a day.

I really hope there some new great perk or something massively different about the site when it comes back up. If nothing changes it will make this whole thing seem really annoying and unnecessary.

Orca

I'm still kind of unclear what the point of all this is. Do we need to do all the challenges again to regain access to the site we were already part of?

DrEvil

Just loaded it up and they're all empty again.

They're not empty.. it just takes a ton of time to load. Each cell loads the picture in its native resolution.. if you right click on any of the pictures and view the image in a new tab, none have been resized.

Orca

They're not empty.. it just takes a ton of time to load. Each cell loads the picture in its native resolution.. if you right click on any of the pictures and view the image in a new tab, none have been resized.

No, they were emptied at the start of the day. They're now being repopulated. Judging by the sites opening through 'restoration' it appears we need to upload enough pics to get things going again.

DrEvil

No, they were emptied at the start of the day. They're now being repopulated. Judging by the sites opening through 'restoration' it appears we need to upload enough pics to get things going again.

Yep, just submitted a new pic.. and it gave me a new crptocode:
dynamo

I imagine when it's 'restored', you enter in all the daily cryptocodes for tons of XP etc.. and if you've submitted photos you'll probably get more stuff.

So they want the users to submit more than one picture? I wonder if there is a point. They wanted our names on the picture but I doubt they would give multiple exp rewards. Well, I think doing it once should be good enough. I don't want to have to bother uploading different stuff again and again to access what was there 2 days ago.

Maybe cells filled too fast and they needed more time for whatever they need to do.

Orca

I have two pics already approved and just submitted a third. I'd like this to be over asap.

Not sure why they went with this. They had a decent little community built up. People talking and playing games together that never knew each other before. Then they pull this?

Went old school with an old WoW screenshot that was in a folder on my desktop:

RSWPF.jpg

DrEvil

grenaid.ca is restored with a new text-based adventure type game.. two new cryptocodes are revealed through completing it.

thegamertest.ca is up as well, nothing new there in terms of codes.

redosupport.ca is open too, with a new visual test. which unlocks another key, or you can get a further key by calling them on skype.

Uploaded a picture of me and peter moore..

I've met enough industry folk that I can do this all week :p

Orca

grenaid.ca is restored with a new text-based adventure type game.. two new cryptocodes are revealed through completing it.

thegamertest.ca is up as well, nothing new there in terms of codes.

redosupport.ca is open too, with a new visual test. which unlocks another key, or you can get a further key by calling them on skype.

Uploaded a picture of me and peter moore..

I've met enough industry folk that I can do this all week :p

Aren't those sites for new registrations - not for cryptocodes?

DrEvil

Aren't those sites for new registrations - not for cryptocodes?

Not sure, but I've got them just in case.

PS: I guarantee they're not resetting.. they're probably weeding out the users who don't participate in the 'reconstruction'.

They've been hinting at this for months (INTRUSION DETECTED, etc) in the countdowns, and as people have noted, they want your username in photos you submit, as well as they're giving out cryptocodes in the bottom right corner for every submission.. They're clearly just rewarding users who take part so they can get into higher levels...

I was at level 32 before this all happened, so I'd be very upset if I had to restart again.

kurahadol

Yep, just submitted a new pic.. and it gave me a new crptocode:
dynamo

I imagine when it's 'restored', you enter in all the daily cryptocodes for tons of XP etc.. and if you've submitted photos you'll probably get more stuff.

I see my picture on the main site, how do you get a code for submitting the picture?

Edit: nevermind, saw that the grid was open again. Took a picture of my VGM collection and submitted it.

Orca

I see my picture on the main site, how do you get a code for submitting the picture?

Edit: nevermind, saw that the grid was open again. Took a picture of my VGM collection and submitted it.

It's in the bottom right, but not for very long. I didn't notice that yesterday at all, so I don't know what code I was supposed to get for that was.

A lot of this stuff just isn't handled well at all. The 'AI' stuff was interesting for a bit, but when people want information it sucks when they then have to interpret it.

jred2k

It's in the bottom right, but not for very long. I didn't notice that yesterday at all, so I don't know what code I was supposed to get for that was.

A lot of this stuff just isn't handled well at all. The 'AI' stuff was interesting for a bit, but when people want information it sucks when they then have to interpret it.

The code for yesterday was
solitare

kurahadol

Yeah, the whole AI gimmick thing got old some time ago. Keep up the whole "mysterious" thing for when people are trying to gain initial access, but hell, when people are actively part of the community, just treat it as such. Give me straight information, provide challenges, update the site.

Vamphuntr

Yeah I think I'm done with this site. Got all the cool perks but all the recent ones were horrible. This new gimmick sure isn't helping in convincing me to stay.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Outside intervention is necessary to fully reboot the domain before full termination can be carried out on April 30th. Upgrade to follow.
Does that mean the full site won't be up until next week? So stupid.

Gamejunky

Well i'm gonna give them a chance after everything i've gotten free on that site. I mean the site we were using was beta and it will be nice to take a break from challenges for a week. Although the two challenges I was going to submit before this went down I probably won't get to submit now :(

Well i'm gonna give them a chance after everything i've gotten free on that site. I mean the site we were using was beta and it will be nice to take a break from challenges for a week. Although the two challenges I was going to submit before this went down I probably won't get to submit now :(

From the twitter account:

https://twitter.com/#!/tsilon/status/194831179134930945

Also, if you submitted right before it went down:

https://twitter.com/#!/tsilon/status/194831366012157955

Edit: Ha ha, I just noticed that you were the one who asked on twitter. In any case, bleuwizard.ca is up.

Top Bottom