• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tsilon.ca Discussion Thread

krae_man

Exclusive G-List members tournament – TORONTO and VANCOUVER+ FREE Resistance: Burning Skies (PS Vita)

We’ve got something you don’t want to miss. G-List members are invited to exclusive events in downtown Toronto and Vancouver to receive a FREE copy of Resistance: Burning Skies for PS Vita, simply for being a part of Canada’s elite gaming group. Bring the following three items with you on event day, play in the Resistance Multiplayer tourney and win awesome prizes:
1. G-List membership ID number, plus photo ID
2. Your PlayStation Vita console
3. A friend – sharing is caring in relationships, bring a friend and give them a chance to schmooze with some of Canada’s best gamers

LIMITED copies of Resistance: Burning Skies are available – first come, first served. However, if you don’t get a copy, don’t fret. We’ll have more PlayStation product giveaways on-site, a Resistance tournament and you’ll be in a fun setting.

G-List members who already own a copy of Resistance: Burning Skies will receive bonus XP and lives for showing up with their copy in hand and have chances to win cool gaming gear.

These events are 19+ (sorry minors, no exceptions).

Misters look forward to welcoming you. Check the Forum for learning how you can level up by attending.

TORONTO
Where:
The Wheat Sheaf
667 King St. W. (at Bathurst)
Toronto, ON

When:
Saturday, July 14, 2012
3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST

VANCOUVER
Where:
Blue Horizon Hotel Bar
1225 Robson St. (near Bute)
Vancouver, BC
http://www.bluehorizonhotel.com/

When:
Saturday, July 14, 2012
3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. PST

Anyone want to be my Toronto Friend?

EGM92

The misters are as slow as ever when reviewing challenges it seems. I'm 15xp from lvl 47, and if I get the last 2 challenges approved it'll bring me half way through lv47. I'm moving through the ranks so fast lol

Has anyone who uses Opera Browser figured out how to make the site not run like shit?

krae_man

Hey. Anyone else in Toronto want to pair up for this I'm game. Shoot me a PM.

Bring a friend is optional apparently. The idea was bring someone who isn't a Tsilon member so they can see how awesome it is. That or bring your SO if they won't let you out of their sight. Either way Misters have said no penalty for flying Solo.

That said, we definately need to do a GAF Tsilon meetup.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
What's this about them banning people who tried to cheat Future Shop with in-store pickup on the Vita? I didn't really pay attention to the thread.

EGM92

hmmm now its 6000xp to level up.

Also

It has come to our attention several members have attempted to abuse our PlayStation Vita perk at our partner retailer, Future Shop. We are in the process of collecting names of these individuals and will taking action to discipline them accordingly. Their actions have hurt our relationship with our retail partner, and ultimately transfer to the entire G-List community. We are notably disappointed in these members actions and hope to have minimal impact on the rest of you.

We remind each of you to follow the rules, failure to do so has its consequences, including termination from the G-List for life.

Quote:
It has come to our attention several members have attempted to abuse our PlayStation Vita perk at our partner retailer, Future Shop. We are in the process of collecting names of these individuals and will taking action to discipline them accordingly. Their actions have hurt our relationship with our retail partner, and ultimately transfer to the entire G-List community. We are notably disappointed in these members actions and hope to have minimal impact on the rest of you.

We remind each of you to follow the rules, failure to do so has its consequences, including termination from the G-List for life.

What the fuck does that mean? Is this to do with people selecting in-store pickup when that is not allowed.

Also I noticed that the e3 deal is returning for two days, June 28 & June 29

EGM92

What the fuck does that mean? Is this to do with people selecting in-store pickup when that is not allowed.

Also I noticed that the e3 deal is returning for two days, June 28 & June 29

Yes that's exactly what's happening. People trying to order PSV's to get whatever instore perk they're giving out, either a game or 50$GC or whatever it may be.

Anyone know which Misters I have to add on PSN to do live challenges?

krae_man

RFDers:

Went to get a price match @ BB since I had a print off of the $149.99 price from FS. I also wanted to use the free starter kit bundle reward zone coupon I had.

BB did the PM @ 150.00 and said I can have the 50 dollar gift card or the starter kit but the system would not let them do both. So in the end I got a Vita for about $100 + tax. I am not complaining one bit. Only really wanted the memory card from the kit anyways so I will grab something better a little bit later on.

I hope Tsilon doesn't become crap because of this. Futureshop should have known by now the internet will take them for all they are worth if given the opportunity. All they need to do is program the codes to be shipping only and they will have nothing to worry about.

iphys

So I guess now we can't give out our extra codes to people for fear of getting banned if they use in-store pickup, sigh.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
So I guess now we can't give out our extra codes to people for fear of getting banned if they use in-store pickup, sigh.

Yeah eh? That's a valid point.

Hopefully they can figure something out and make the codes online only.

Unrelated to this Tsilon is a pretty good site. I've saved close to $700 off.

RS4-

But they've always disabled the ISPU option. Aren't these greedy rfd-like people calling support/visiting store to try and do it instore?

SickBoy

The misters are as slow as ever when reviewing challenges it seems. I'm 15xp from lvl 47, and if I get the last 2 challenges approved it'll bring me half way through lv47. I'm moving through the ranks so fast lol

Has anyone who uses Opera Browser figured out how to make the site not run like shit?

Ugh, I've got to start submitting challenges. Anything with a photo I generally forget. I've got about 300 matches under my belt in VF5 and didn't submit a pic for that, and there are a few others I was willing to complete (or was close to) that I didn't, either.

zroid

Banned
On your recent visit to Futureshop.ca you ordered Saints Row the Third for PlayStation 3. Due to reasons beyond our control, Saints Row for Playstation 3 is no longer available. Therefore, we will need to cancel your order. We apologize for any inconvenience this caused.

In appreciation of your business, we're offering you 5% off your next gaming purchase over $19.99, redeemable until July 31, 2012 only on Futureshop.ca:

:(

RS4-

I think I've been at level 47 or 48 for more than a month now. Only submitted like four challenges, two for diablo, one for that godawful Ghost Recon and last one for Final Showdown.

Been pretty lazy or just not in the mood to play other games.

Fuzzy

I think I've been at level 47 or 48 for more than a month now. Only submitted like four challenges, two for diablo, one for that godawful Ghost Recon and last one for Final Showdown.

Been pretty lazy or just not in the mood to play other games.
I couldn't even bother to download Final Showdown and I got it for free with PS+. I just didn't care.

EGM92

I've been rising through the ranks so quickly. I went from level 43 to 47 in like 2 weeks. I'm already halfway through 47, I got an extra 700xp for creaming the Mister yesterday, got a sweet perfect on him with my Akuma/Poison combo (TRANNIES FOR LYFE!)

Giard

Ahhhhh didn't know you could still use your E3 codes 'till yesterday! Could've gotten Lollipop Chainsaw for 19 bucks...

whitehawk

Banned
Aww shit (in relation to the meetups)

Mister J said:
Extra prize number one added:

july14giftcards.jpg

More to come.

EGM92

The comic zone is easy, did it on my PS3 Genesis collection. I don't have the other 2, but Rhythm Heaven my GF is a freakin' pro at, she has Perfect'd the game back in March or so.

Fuzzy

The comic zone is easy, did it on my PS3 Genesis collection. I don't have the other 2, but Rhythm Heaven my GF is a freakin' pro at, she has Perfect'd the game back in March or so.
I had Comix Zone free from PS+ and I did the challenge really quickly by abusing the save state system. I had 50K points by the end of the second episode and stopped playing.

zroid

Banned
oh cheezus, first challenge in a while for a game that I actually have, and it asks me to score Perfect on Remix 8. Goddammit.

At least it isn't Remix 10 T_T

Fuzzy

Really? that sucks, I thought all those Genesis standalone games like shinobi, sonic etc were all "console perfect".
It's not bad because of the save states. I actually went back and beat the game with the good ending then loaded my save and got the bad ending after (which took me a couple of tries) to 100% the trophies.

krae_man

New Perks are coming soon.

-$50 Cinema now gift cards are back
-$20 off Ass Creed 3 preorder
-$20 off Borderlands 2 Preorders
-$30 off Borderlands 2 Collectors edition preorders

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
I think that makes it $120 of CinemaNow gift cards for me now. Futureshop really wants to make this thing successful.

Blah at the rest of those perks.

krae_man

I think that makes it $120 of CinemaNow gift cards for me now. Futureshop really wants to make this thing successful.

Blah at the rest of those perks.

I've only used like $30 of my $100 and that's with buying a movie because I decided I wanted to watch American Reunion the other night and purchase was the only option.

SickBoy

I used it once and I haven't tried it since... my Internet connection is pretty good (and generally quite consistent), but couldn't get a very consistent stream from their site.

Still, I have a code that is probably still active, and will try to get the $50 code, too (can't say no to free).

Netflix probably has a pretty significant technology advantage, but I can stream highest quality Netflix to PS3 pretty much without fail... yet I can't get an SD film to stream well to my computer from Cinemanow? Ick.

Top Bottom