• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

tsilon.ca Discussion Thread

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
I've only used like $30 of my $100 and that's with buying a movie because I decided I wanted to watch American Reunion the other night and purchase was the only option.

Haha just watched American Reunion last night. I just end up buying cheap $9.99 movies like Blade Runner or the Professional. Wish they had HD movies to buy though.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I've never bothered with CinemaNow. Here are a couple of codes that I have no idea if they're still valid.

$50 -

$20 -

Please post if you take them, especially if they work.

Did anyone get that Skyrim avatar perk? I asked for awhile ago and it still hasn't come and I didn't get any of the E3 ones when I asked for them back on the 29th. Not that big of a deal but I was just wondering if something is messed up with my account

Lothars

Did anyone get that Skyrim avatar perk? I asked for awhile ago and it still hasn't come and I didn't get any of the E3 ones when I asked for them back on the 29th. Not that big of a deal but I was just wondering if something is messed up with my account
nope I still haven't got the skyrim perk either.

Fuzzy

Isn't it just this?

Follow the directions if you want a Skyrim avatar item for Xbox 360.

https://twitter.com/BBYC_GamersClub/status/220957725071380481/photo/1

AxD_4VnCEAEV-ih.jpg
Do it today and you'll get the code tomorrow. I already got one and gave it away.

krae_man

That Comix Zone challenge was super easy, working on Closure now. I've been meaning to buy this game anyway and it's 1/2 off for plus right now. By the end I'll probably want to rip my hair out by the end like I wanted to do with Puddle but whatever.

Fuzzy

Wow, another 3 today.

It should be noted that it looks like the new perks will go live on July 16th.

BTW did anyone try to use my $20 CinemaNow code at the top of this page?

iphys

Anyone know how many xp you need to reach level 20? It's showing me 5200 for level 15. I wish their site wasn't so hard on my laptop, because I feel like it's going to burn up or crash every time I visit.

*new perks*

Borderlands2 $20 off pre-order. One code per member.

Assassins Creed 3 $20 off pre-order. One code per winner. (<----is that a typo?)

EGM92

Anyone know how many xp you need to reach level 20? It's showing me 5200 for level 15. I wish their site wasn't so hard on my laptop, because I feel like it's going to burn up or crash every time I visit.

It wasn't that much before, they drastically increased the level up amount.

*new perks*

Borderlands2 $20 off pre-order. One code per member.

Assassins Creed 3 $20 off pre-order. One code per winner. (<----is that a typo?)

I guess they see it as if you receive a code then you "won". It's just that for some perks you are sure to be a winner because they have a lot of codes so as long as you request it before it ends, you win.

I would think *1 code per member* means they have unlimited codes instead of maybe a couple hundreds.

I saw this before for other games which had a lot of codes available. Maybe it is also a typo, maybe just inconsistencies in the way they write it. Hell, maybe it will be hard to get one but it would be ridiculous for what it is.

It's Tsilon after all, the masters of clarity!

Orca

I wish these guys would get their shit together when it comes to updating challenges. How hard is it to set a time each day to do it by? It's not like they need to come up with unique trivia or anything - just choose a recent game and an achievement/trophy from the readily available list sites. Done.

It's not like they give the challenge much thought, or Binary Domain multiplayer would never have been a choice lol

I wish these guys would get their shit together when it comes to updating challenges. How hard is it to set a time each day to do it by? It's not like they need to come up with unique trivia or anything - just choose a recent game and an achievement/trophy from the readily available list sites. Done.

It's not like they give the challenge much thought, or Binary Domain multiplayer would never have been a choice lol

Yea it really makes me wonder who are these guys and how busy they are in their life haha.

Jealous of you guys, there's sadly no Tsilon events in Calgary. Not too surprised though considering there's probably not a lot of Tsilon members here but I'd honestly just love to do a live event with my Vita and possibly win something :D

krae_man

Possibly when the place opens if krae_man is still down. We could grab brunch and play mario kart (bring your 3DS's too)

My ride will have me downtown around 10:30 or so.

Let's officially organize this. How many people are down for an 11am Brunch?

I have:

Myself
whitehawk
Fuzzy
zorbsie
shagg_187
Quadratic

Who else is in?

People who said they would go to the event but haven't said anything about brunch yet:

RS4-

EDIT: This is for the Toronto Event

whitehawk

Banned
My ride will have me downtown around 10:30 or so.

Let's officially organize this. How many people are down for an 11am Brunch?

I have:

Myself
whitehawk
Fuzzy
zorbsie
shagg_187

Who else is in?

People who said they would go to the event but haven't said anything about brunch yet:

RS4-
Quadratic

EDIT: This is for the Toronto Event
Awesome.

whitehawk

Banned
Should we make reservations? I'm willing to make them if you guys think we should. Let's confirm how many people are coming first though.

EGM92

Well it's not longer a Resistance Tourney but now a Mortal Kombat tourney. They're giving you the game for the use but not letting you keep it.

Fuzzy

At least we still get a copy of Resistance for participating.

MisterJ said:
A CHANGE IS OCCURRING FOR THE TOURNAMENT::

The game being used for the tournament is changing from Resistance: Burning Skies to Mortal Kombat for Vita. There are issues with on location wifi hotspots which are required for Resistance's multiplayer modes, therefore an ad-hoc solution is being implemented.

What does this mean?

1. Resistance copies will STILL be given out to each member who participates in the Mortal Kombat Vita tournament once they have been knocked out of the tournament, or if they win the entire thing. This is not changing. It also means people can try out their new game on site after tournament participation.

2. Mortal Kombat copies will be provided on site for the tournament, but will NOT be given out to members at this time (perhaps as a prize in a future event or perk...). If you have a copy of Mortal Kombat however, feel free to bring it along to face off against other members, and possibly even an on site Mister.

3. The tournament will still be in a bracket elimination format, however it will now consist of focused one on one matches instead of larger group death matches.

More games to play, Resistance copies and prizes still being given out, and a neat little meet up for all attending members. This may be a trial run for future events (much to learn and experiment), though it should be a good time for those who come out.

Evolution always takes baby steps.
I suck at fighters and expect to get knocked out in the first round.

zorbsie

Going to button mash my fingers off and get knocked out in the first round. Still think this is a great idea. I could see them doing this with wipeout. That was ad hoc on the PSP, not sure if it's like that on the vita though.

krae_man

Mortal Kombat works better for me. I suck either way, but I'll have more fun playing that.

Should we make reservations? I'm willing to make them if you guys think we should. Let's confirm how many people are coming first though.

Sure Why not. Make one on Friday with the final number.

Quadratic

Hey, I've been silent in this thread because I've been in Vegas for EVO. I'm in for brunch. And, if anyone needs a partner for Saturday PM me. The guy I talked to is now banned and I didn't get to swap info :(

Oh, it's now a MK tourney? I think there's a sale somewhere for the vita version for $20 bucks. I should get a copy.

krae_man

Hey, I've been silent in this thread because I've been in Vegas for EVO. I'm in for brunch. And, if anyone needs a partner for Saturday PM me. The guy I talked to is now banned and I didn't get to swap info :(

Oh, it's now a MK tourney? I think there's a sale somewhere for the vita version for $20 bucks. I should get a copy.

No need for partners anymore.

Quadratic

Just got my copy of MK at EBgames for $20. It seems like the komplete version (heh). All the DLC and costumes + Kratos. I will be ass at this game. Probably will go with tournament hated Kung Lao. He got so many boo's when he got picked at EVO.

Top Bottom