• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turkish mine explosion leaves 200+ dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, actually it is not a meaningful statement in Turkish.

By the way PM spoke: "These [kinds of accidents] are usual.. Look at US with the all technology & everything: 361 killed in 1907."

*facepalm*
I Google translated but wanted to express my condolences in Turkish

kazegami

I Google translated but wanted to express my condolences in Turkish

Thanks mate. I'm sorry if I was rude to you. As you might know all we hear from Turkish authorities, government and PM is Islamic condolences.

PM says these kinds of accidents are normal and death is the fate of miners. He is bragging about how they are making Islamic funeral ceremonies for the miners.

The reality is there's no proper labor safety in mines in Turkey. Government doesn't give a damn about it. PM addresses the SOMA Coal Company’s owners as friends. AKP (the ruling party) distributes free coal to the public to get votes in election times. But those coals are worth of miners lifes.

There are no applicable work safety rules here. A miner said "I will continue this job because I have bank debts I have to pay". You see that government uses religion to cover up their cruelty. There's no apology from authorities. They want us to take this normal, God's Will.

On the other hand, whenever we try to protest, we encounter excessive police violence. Besides they ban social media sites because people used them to protest against the prime minister's dictatorial regime.

Now, the irresponsible coal company's Istanbul office is under police protection. This is fear. They fear people's rightful reactions.

I am told that "he" showed up at the town of the mines and was booed and chased away into a supermarket.

Cannot believe he is talking of incidents centuries old...wait, I can. Desperate, guilty man. Nothing will change though.

railGUN

Banned
Don't you guys have better things to do with your time, than make tasteless jokes about a tragic disaster?

Fucks sake.

Seth C

The people here took to the streets in protest. Thousands with flags peacefully marched along Istiklal but the police setup barricades. Then they launched year gas everywhere and pummeled everyone with water cannons. Right now I'm stuck holed up in a restaurant nearby but the gas is still getting in, of course.

The people here took to the streets in protest. Thousands with flags peacefully marched along Istiklal but the police setup barricades. Then they launched year gas everywhere and pummeled everyone with water cannons. Right now I'm stuck holed up in a restaurant nearby but the gas is still getting in, of course.

Same shit happened in Ankara as well. People were walking to Kizilay from different parts of city and police just started gassing around and shooting people with water cannons.

commedieu

Banned
RIP...

What is the situation in Turkey as far as class goes? Are these workers more than likely immigrants/the poorer class? OR, are there generations of families that make a decent living due to the mine in the area..?

Seth C

Same shit happened in Ankara as well. People were walking to Kizilay from different parts of city and police just started gassing around and shooting people with water cannons.

After the police tried to "control" the situation they are now setting up blocks all along Istiklal.

5Ht3rOd.jpg

Arksy

Turkey is a great place, but they really have the worst government. Condolences to everyone. :(

To all the Turkish people here:

Iyi bir turk haberler web sitesi var mi? Hepsi AKPin cepinde degilmi?

In protest of what?

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
What a nightmare of a situation, exacerbated by what I'm reading in this thread regarding the Turkish government's reaction. My condolences to the families affected by this tragedy.

ILvane

Some news:

A miner who has been just rescued asks the medical team to remove his boots so the stretcher wouldn't get dirty
http://m.hurriyet.com.tr/WebTV#!c=2&v=64230&h=26415796

I haven't encountered one single person who didn't cry to this today.

This is some fucked up shit. Can't believe what Erdogan is doing. I somehow feel like this could be his last mistake.

It won't be. He has an almost scary following in terms of their dedication + delusion. As we speak some of the AKP supporters are talking about the possibility of CHP (main competitor of AKP) and various other political parties sabotaging the mine to put AKP at a disadvantage.
The man literally said "This stuff happens, occupational hazard/industrial accident.", unbelievable.

shuri

Banned
A photo of the aide of the prime minister kicking a relative of a missing person is 'just too good' not to be used in two of the shittiest, most mundane Photoshops I've seen in my life?

What's wrong with you, Ekim?

stilgar

Meanwhile, Erdogan has officially gone insane :

During the press conference held only a day after the deadly mine blast,Erdogan told reporters that work accidents took place in every field of labor including coal mines, so "nobody should be surprised" when accidents happen."Qatar has natural gas, but no coal mines", Erdoğan said in response to the question addressed by a reporter from Al-Jazeera.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/video-the-moment-pm-erdogan-was-booed-and-whistled.aspx?PageID=238&NID=66482&NewsCatID=338

I dont want to bring politics into this tragedy but the problem with Turkey isn't Erdegon per-se, it's the lack of a proper opposition. The CHP is as corrupt (if not more) and basically clueless on how to run a modern Turkey.

Had the CHP solved the PKK issue years ago, we would of not been here.

ekim

A photo of the aide of the prime minister kicking a relative of a missing person is 'just too good' not to be used in two of the shittiest, most mundane Photoshops I've seen in my life?

What's wrong with you, Ekim?

No offense. What he has done is horrible - I just found that he should at least be made fun of. And I agree that he should be shopped into more horrible places. I'm truly sorry if this did offend you :(

coldfoot

Banned
I dont want to bring politics into this tragedy but the problem with Turkey isn't Erdegon per-se, it's the lack of a proper opposition. The CHP is as corrupt (if not more) and basically clueless on how to run a modern Turkey.

Had the CHP solved the PKK issue years ago, we would of not been here.

Only if Ataturk had lived long enough to solve the Islam issue.

iJudged

Banned
200 dead, tragic, rest in peace! Those who think they have a cute sense of humor can go fuck them selves.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
These photos were too good to not use them in bad photoshops. (Forgive me my lacking skill)

Not the time or place my friend.

I hope the POS prime minister and his aide gets fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom