• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming that everything in yesterday's episode happened at the same time (generally), 9/29 is the likely date.

I don't know if its been mentioned, but the pieces of paper found in the steel vial showed 10/1 and 10/2 clearly written. Truman then specifically mentions that in "two days" they'd follow those clues...9/29-10/1 is exactly two days...

As always, I fully expect that this has been mentioned because I can't keep up. :p

Yeah, that's exactly what we saw. However, Hastings date really does look like 9/20 making it seem like the events of Gordon Cole's crew are happening a few days prior to what is happening in Twin Peaks. I have to assume Lynch wanted us to see all these dates because he wanted us to know about the time difference.

Chad is a fucking asshole!
And damn, everything's starting to connect! I love it.
Every scene with Bobby so far has been awesome.
And both of the credits songs are amazing.

I agree across the board. Also Chad is disgusting when he eats and Bobby's trajectory as a character from the start of season 1 through to now might be my favorite thing about Twin Peaks. Bobby used to have such a punchable face too but age has softened that aspect of the character for me.

Levito

Banned
I also agree that seeing Bobby go from who he was in season 1/2 vs who he is now, after the conversation his dad gave him is one of the best things about this show period.

I also agree that seeing Bobby go from who he was in season 1/2 vs who he is now, after the conversation his dad gave him is one of the best things about this show period.

Yeah, I'm loving it.

I hope it doesn't turn out that he's covering up drug running and prostitution.

That's gotta be Chad. Chad was always uncool.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I agree across the board. Also Chad is disgusting when he eats and Bobby's trajectory as a character from the start of season 1 through to now might be my favorite thing about Twin Peaks. Bobby used to have such a punchable face too but age has softened that aspect of the character for me.

Yeah I'm really into Bobby this season. I love how happy he seemed to get a message from his dad from beyond the grave in a way.

I'm really wondering if we're about to have our intrepid Sheriff's Dept follow Garland's trail and end up in an alternative timeline Twin Peaks where Laura is alive (and Angelo's music is everywhere).

Lynch said this is an 18 hour movie, and he loves to turn things completely upside down in the middle of his films right?

smisk

I thought for sure it was 9/29. Didn't they say the dates listed on Major Briggs' paper (10/1 and 10/2) were a couple days away?

Edit: Nvm, just read the explanation for the theory above.

Joqu

I don't have much time today, so I just want to say I really enjoyed how much this episode reminded me of the old Twin Peaks... not exactly an interesting take to be fair. There have been other episodes that would fit that bill, but the increased presence of music in this one really helped. Now, I don't mean that in a dismissive way regarding the rest of the season, if you've read my posts in here you know I've been a fan of that too. But it just felt nice. Perfect after episode 8's drastic shift.

Gonna dig into http://thesearchforthezone.com/ before I go to sleep. :p

Also, "What happens in season 2" is going to be a legendary line. Oh man.

Linkin112

From yesterday's episode, I feel that DoppelCooper's main mission is to get to the White Lodge, possibly to destroy it or some other means.

- Assuming that DoppelCooper has all the memories of Real Cooper, he went to Briggs after the Season 2 finale knowing that he has experience in the White Lodge and hopes to learn how to get into it. Briggs refuses, which is probably why he ends up being killed. Before this, however, he writes the instructions for Bobby in the future.

- Though it seems like he didn't actually end up dying and instead got into the White Lodge again and remained there until Ruth and Bill started visiting it. I wonder if the "other coordinates" were the Twin Peaks one so that he could return there and meet up with Bobby. Bill implied that the Woodsmen came and messed up Briggs' departure though and killed Ruth, taking her head and Briggs' body. This kinda leaves Briggs' head to just wonder around the Zone that we saw Cooper in, wonder where Ruth's body is then?

- Bill then shared the coordinates that Briggs wanted to his secretary I guess and DoppelCooper has been trying to get them ever since, but now Ray is the only one that knows them. This makes me wonder why DoppelCooper didn't just try to get them from Bill.

- So I'm guessing DoppelCooper will eventually track Ray down and get the coordinates, which will lead him to where Briggs told Bobby and the others to go in Twin Peaks. Real Cooper will also eventually snap out of his state and make it to Twin Peaks as well. Battle for the White Lodge ensues.

9/29 obviously makes more sense, but what's written definitely looks more like a 20 than a 29.

Couldn't they have just got him to write it down again to make it bastard clear?

Rien

Jelly Belly
So just finished FWWM. And while not being to enthausiastic about i still liked it. There was a scene that Laura dreamed about Annie laying next to her with the same blooded face as ep 22 and she said that the bad Cooper is still in the black lodge and that she need to write it down in here diary.
So people (or what the hell they are) in the black lodge can travel back in time or something?

PolishQ

From yesterday's episode, I feel that DoppelCooper's main mission is to get to the White Lodge, possibly to destroy it or some other means.

- Assuming that DoppelCooper has all the memories of Real Cooper, he went to Briggs after the Season 2 finale knowing that he has experience in the White Lodge and hopes to learn how to get into it. Briggs refuses, which is probably why he ends up being killed. Before this, however, he writes the instructions for Bobby in the future.

- Though it seems like he didn't actually end up dying and instead got into the White Lodge again and remained there until Ruth and Bill started visiting it. I wonder if the "other coordinates" were the Twin Peaks one so that he could return there and meet up with Bobby. Bill implied that the Woodsmen came and messed up Briggs' departure though and killed Ruth, taking her head and Briggs' body. This kinda leaves Briggs' head to just wonder around the Zone that we saw Cooper in, wonder where Ruth's body is then?

- Bill then shared the coordinates that Briggs wanted to his secretary I guess and DoppelCooper has been trying to get them ever since, but now Ray is the only one that knows them. This makes me wonder why DoppelCooper didn't just try to get them from Bill.

- So I'm guessing DoppelCooper will eventually track Ray down and get the coordinates, which will lead him to where Briggs told Bobby and the others to go in Twin Peaks. Real Cooper will also eventually snap out of his state and make it to Twin Peaks as well. Battle for the White Lodge ensues.

Yeah, pretty similar to my thoughts from the previous page:

So it's safe to say now that Betty Briggs is not Betty, Hastings' secretary.

Interesting info we got from Hastings, though.

So Major Briggs at the time of the season 2 finale was having visions of the future, enough that he was able to leave a secret message for Truman, Hawk and Bobby. And he knew that some sort of door would be opening at 2:53 on 10/1 and 10/2 of that year.

We know that at some point after meeting with Evil Coop 25 years ago, Major Briggs went into hiding in some sort of "alternate dimension" - most likely the White Lodge, since he had been there once before in season 2 and we see his disembodied head floating there in Part 3.

In present day, somehow Hastings and Davenport are able to access the place where Briggs is hiding, and he asks them for coordinates leading to a new place, fearing that he is no longer safe where he is. They find the coordinates he needs on a military server, and deliver them to him. Major Briggs starts floating (like the Giant did?) but before he can escape, "a lot of people" appear and that's when Davenport is killed (and presumably Briggs as well). "A lot of people" could be the group of Woodsmen, which would explain why they're still lingering around Hastings and Briggs' corpse.

So now Evil Coop wants the coordinates that Hastings gave to Briggs. These could be the same coordinates as "253 paces east of Jack Rabbit's Palace", since we know Briggs had visions of the future and might have been able to foresee his meeting with Hastings. Plus Lynch and Frost have helpfully labeled the Jack Rabbit's Palace note with the same symbol from Evil Coop's playing card - "This is what I want." And it would make narrative sense for Evil Coop's ultimate destination to be Twin Peaks, so that the climax of the story can occur there.

I'm just not sure where the Jack Rabbit's Palace "door" leads...

JC Sera

Interesting old interview with Lynch, Lee and Kyle https://youtu.be/isU2mq3oBa0

Interesting to hear Kyle's thoughts on FWWM considering the version of the show he stars in now presents itself in a similar context and that he plays one of the most violent characters.
Tbf hes also bringing a lot of the humour and light heartedness as dougie
from more recent interviews he seems to be very happy to have role/s that challenge his acting chops

Linkin112

Yeah, pretty similar to my thoughts from the previous page:
Cool, so I'm not crazy lol. I just wonder what the hints The Giant gave Cooper have to do with any of this. I assumed they would be important to the main arc, just as The Giant's previous hints helped find out about Leland.

At work so I can't dig it up, but one of the ARG sites has a section about time travel. I hope that doesn't end up being a major part of the story.

Also: whatever happens Jack Rabbit's Palace = going down the rabbit hole :p

Edit: I wonder if the importance of heads inside circles is a result of them looking at the ridiculous Josie doorknob bit and deciding to go all out making it an actual thing.

Linkin112

Who has the best Twin Peaks podcast? I enjoy my podcasts and would like to pick up a TP one for the road.
I enjoy the Idle Thumbs Twin Peaks Rewatch podcast, though I guess it's more Recap than Rewatch now. They miss obvious stuff or take things wrong ways a few times, but not enough for me to get annoyed.

Jokab

So just finished FWWM. And while not being to enthausiastic about i still liked it. There was a scene that Laura dreamed about Annie laying next to her with the same blooded face as ep 22 and she said that the bad Cooper is still in the black lodge and that she need to write it down in here diary.
So people (or what the hell they are) in the black lodge can travel back in time or something?

The generally accepted theory is that time in the black lodge is not linear. So Laura can know about Cooper before he even reaches Twin Peaks.

I enjoy the Idle Thumbs Twin Peaks Rewatch podcast, though I guess it's more Recap than Rewatch now. They miss obvious stuff or take things wrong ways a few times, but not enough for me to get annoyed.
That annoyed me a lot at first, however they're really good with making corrections in following episodes.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I mean, it's pretty hard to run into a wall and kill yourself. Not impossible, but it's certainly not easy.

Though Johnny appearing in this episode was... Well, as I have mentioned it a few times, I watched Parts 1-9 yesterday with a group of people. We were discussing Richard in the new season, how he could be Audrey's son, or Jerry's, etc. But then someone in our group said what if the kid was Johnny's, like that's something most people wouldn't even consider but it's not impossible. I shrugged it off at how unlikely it was and I didn't even think Johnny was in this season, but then Johnny unexpectedly showed up in this episode, which doesn't mean anything but...

So that was a good episode.
Maybe RealCoop comes back when he meets Albert, Diane and Gordon? It shouldn't take long because they (Albert and Gordon) found the ring.
But who knows...maybe RealCoop is gone forever?!
Or RealCoop comes back in the last five minutes in the last episode after seeing Harry S. Truman in a short cameo again.

Lol.

But tbh...everything can happen in this show. EVERYTHING.
All main characters could die in the next episode and it wouldn't surprise anyone, lmao.

edit: Just to be clear....I am not your foot.

Joqu

I know people have been discussing the timeline, but what I really want to know is how long Jerry has been in the woods. If we take the Twin Peaks events at face value he has spent the night there, hasn't he? After all we have seen two "ring" in the Great Northern scenes now. And yet Ben doesn't appear worried in the slightest, which would actually feel out of character now that he seems to have truly changed. Please call for help??

Levito

Banned
She could live out of town. It doesn't have to be complicated. She comes back for a funeral or whatever.

Not that I think Johnny is dead.

Has anyone theorized why Johnny would be bolting around like that? Whenever I think of him I think how mopey and upset he was that Laura wasn't going to tutor him anymore, maybe he saw Laura and it caused him to get excited and bolt around?

most wiki's I've read say he's dead.

She's not, Doc said she made it to the hospital. And Sherilyn Fenn is confirmed to be in the new season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom