• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think pace comments are based on the weekly format honestly. I watched all nine parts yesterday with a few people, a group of 13 people. A few had seen Parts 1-4 before, some had seen Twin Peaks previous stuff but not this season yet, some hadn't seen Twin Peaks before but we caught them up on the important bits.

All of them ended up liking it a lot, we went through all 9 parts. Seeing all 9 parts together strangely makes the show feel like it's going a lot faster than I think it seems when you're watching week by week. I warned ahead of time it's a bit slow paced, but it goes by surprisingly fast when watching in succession.

Yeah. Marathoning part 1-8 on the 4th, really cemented my belief in that too.

Getting all the blu-rays and powering through the whole series is going to be aces. Selfishly I hope they don't put out a 4K UHD release though, because I'm going to have to upgrade my receiver, TV and get something that can play 4K blu-rays if they do.

Is there any chance of seeing Leo Johnson and Ed Hurley this season?
I'm unaware of everyone confirmed to be apart of this revival.
I feel like Leo Johnson would have survived that tarantula attack lol

Flipyap

Can someone explain the "Commercials I hate" forum? Is it a real place or ARG?
The forum is owned by someone in the industry, they likely got an early screener and figured people were going to google that phrase. I think that's all there is to it.

Is there any chance of seeing Leo Johnson and Ed Hurley this season?
I'm unaware of everyone confirmed to be apart of this revival.
I feel like Leo Johnson would have survived that tarantula attack lol
Leo wasn't on the cast list. Ed was in one of the teasers.

Had anyone examined the Totems and native American murals at the Great Northern? I wonder if that frog moth from the guide book is there, or other interesting creatures.

Zoe

The forum is owned by someone in the industry, they likely got an early screener and figured people were going to google that phrase. I think that's all there is to it.

They've done it twice. I don't think screeners would have gone out that far in advance (especially for episode 8).

fenners

Oh man, the flickery distorted video from the Zone website (click on the coords near the bottom of the main page). It looks familiar, but no clue what.

Before this episode aired when I was marathoning the episodes, I was wondering why there's a big motif for heads being detached from bodies in general this season.

Ruth's head is detached from her body and put over Major Brigg's body, plus we see his head floating in space. The first Woodman we see his body disappears and his head floats away. When Dougie is brought to the Waiting Room his head disappears and black smoke pours out then a head similar to the Experiment's floats onto screen.

I think there was one other thing, but it's been reoccurring this season and I still don't know if it means something or not.

There's also coins which is a tangentially related (lone head) recurring motif.
NYngyF8.jpg

Nasbin

It's so rare for me to actually laugh out loud at a show these days but man this season has been fucking hysterical. On top of everything else that's great about this season, it's just plain funny.

Apologies in advance for Albert.

Has it been discussed that perhaps this Diane is a doppelgänger too? And that whatever bad Coop may have done to her on 'that night' changed her enough to initiate their apparent collusion? She's so sour now because that's not the real Diane?

Shirley I can't be the only one who thought this.

JC Sera

Before this episode aired when I was marathoning the episodes, I was wondering why there's a big motif for heads being detached from bodies in general this season.

Ruth's head is detached from her body and put over Major Brigg's body, plus we see his head floating in space. The first Woodman we see his body disappears and his head floats away. When Dougie is brought to the Waiting Room his head disappears and black smoke pours out then a head similar to the Experiment's floats onto screen.

I think there was one other thing, but it's been reoccurring this season and I still don't know if it means something or not.
reminds me of josie
qvtHzmj.png

Dan-o

Looking through that "Search for the Zone" website...at the very bottom obscured by its font color are coordinates...

44°30'44.8"N 103°49'14.6"W
44.512439, -103.820707

https://www.google.com/maps/place/44%C2%B030'44.8%22N+103%C2%B049'14.6%22W/@44.5124444,-103.8229162,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d44.5124444!4d-103.8207222?hl=en

Alright GAF... who's driving to those coordinates ASAP to see what Lynch & Frost are hiding for us??

I'm sure someone on reddit or wherever has already done it, but I haven't checked.

PolishQ

So it's safe to say now that Betty Briggs is not Betty, Hastings' secretary.

Interesting info we got from Hastings, though.

So Major Briggs at the time of the season 2 finale was having visions of the future, enough that he was able to leave a secret message for Truman, Hawk and Bobby. And he knew that some sort of door would be opening at 2:53 on 10/1 and 10/2 of that year.

We know that at some point after meeting with Evil Coop 25 years ago, Major Briggs went into hiding in some sort of "alternate dimension" - most likely the White Lodge, since he had been there once before in season 2 and we see his disembodied head floating there in Part 3.

In present day, somehow Hastings and Davenport are able to access the place where Briggs is hiding, and he asks them for coordinates leading to a new place, fearing that he is no longer safe where he is. They find the coordinates he needs on a military server, and deliver them to him. Major Briggs starts floating (like the Giant did?) but before he can escape, "a lot of people" appear and that's when Davenport is killed (and presumably Briggs as well). "A lot of people" could be the group of Woodsmen, which would explain why they're still lingering around Hastings and Briggs' corpse.

So now Evil Coop wants the coordinates that Hastings gave to Briggs. These could be the same coordinates as "253 paces east of Jack Rabbit's Palace", since we know Briggs had visions of the future and might have been able to foresee his meeting with Hastings. Plus Lynch and Frost have helpfully labeled the Jack Rabbit's Palace note with the same symbol from Evil Coop's playing card - "This is what I want." And it would make narrative sense for Evil Coop's ultimate destination to be Twin Peaks, so that the climax of the story can occur there.

I'm just not sure where the Jack Rabbit's Palace "door" leads...

Zach

I love the little things. That cops laugh. His partners snide jokes. America the Beautiful playing when Dougie looked at the flag made me laugh out loud. I liked how he stared at that socket. Lucy's giant sandwich. That piece of shit Chad eating two tv dinners at one time. What a dick.

Yeah, dude. Delightful stuff. When Lucy put up her "stop; leave me alone" hand as they passed by -- haha.

Let's not forget the best new character of Season 3:

UpC6E9b.png

Yesss. And those fast-touches. Haha, Jesus Christ.

The slow zoom on his face had me believing he was going to snap out of it for a second, but nope, 'murica flag.

So, so great. I love the garmonbozia (pain and anticipation).

"But once you recognize the secret reason for Tammy, you will feel ashamed of your words & deeds." - David Lynch

You guys are too much. :D

PolishQ

Any theories as to why Dougie was entranced by the American flag and the lady with the red shoes?

American flag because he's a federal agent, I suppose.

Red shoes might have reminded him of the red room... I think mainly they just needed something to get his eyes down to the level of the power outlet.

Dan-o

Any theories as to why Dougie was entranced by the American flag and the lady with the red shoes?

from a reddit thread...
When Coop is originally exiting the Lodge through the glass box, he seems like himself, but when he exits through the electrical outlet he is... not.
His shoes did not make the transfer with him. Jade actually took quite some time between giving her two rides to make this clear to us, that Dougie ain't got no shoes.
Later, Dale spends an entire closing credits touching the shoes of the statue.
Now the red shoes, immediately followed by a long gaze at an outlet.

Coop needs his shoes! But his shoes are stuck in the lodge. Hmm..

jett

D-Member

charpunk

Does Showtime put up episodes on demand as soon as they air? Was thinking about canceling cable and just subbing to showtime via amazon prime for the rest of the season, but won’t do so if I can’t watch it right away.

Maligna

Banned
I love that my co-host on my podcast, Brad, noticed in episode 2 that there were an abundance of cheese flavored products in Jennifer Jason-Leigh's motel room and then this episode confirmed that yes, she is a cheesie fiend.

PizzaFace

Banned
Even though I know it's bad, I kinda like Tammy

What is weird about her though, is how skeptical she seems in The Secret History of Twin Peaks, when she's seeing so much weird stuff in the show right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom