• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read this on another forum about tonights episode;
"According to a friend who's seen the episode, Eddie (Vedder) appears in tomorrow night's episode with an insanely unique introduction."

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Episode on SKY UK is still up. I just watched it with the Sky Go app on my tablet (Sorry, David.) Amazing. Will be nice not to wake up at 3am tonight.

Edit: Now removed

Episode on SKY UK is still up. I just watched it with the Sky Go app on my tablet (Sorry, David.) Amazing. Will be nice not to wake up at 3am tonight.

I just checked Sky Go on my PC and it isn't up :( Fortunately I'm off work tomorrow so I don't mind staying up late.

Edit: it does show up in the phone app but it says the content isn't available if I try to stream or download it. Looks like they took it down.

yes but no

Oh... Lynch style...

giphy.gif

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Yep, they've removed it now. Looks like I saw it just in time. I am filled with secrets.

Chitown B

I'm literally disconnecting Showtime the second I finish watching the conclusion to TP: The Return.

...For a second time. Gotta take it all in, first.

They got their couple of months outta me; hopefully they see that as an endorsement of that kind of content. Instead of Ray Donovan, which I am never going to watch. "Consider the situation. You can walk away free." SHUT THE FUCK UP.

you seem really angry for no reason. Showtime has some great series like Episodes, Shameless, Homeland, and Billions.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Weird to think we're basically at the last week of Twin Peaks already. A new episode airs today, then the last two episodes air next Sunday.

Very intrigued to see how these last 3 parts wrap things up.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Knowing the way Lynch typically concludes things...
ND-02-076-01-messy-paper.jpg

Oh my.

I actually really like Lynch endings, I know people are wondering about resolving things but all I want is something striking, I guess. Despite Season 2 having a cliffhanger ending, I think it was a wonderful send-off for the series and remained in the consciousness for a long time. I don't specifically want them to go exactly for the Season 2 ending of Twin Peaks, but I'm less looking for absolute closure and more hoping as this may very well be the end of Twin Peaks for it to go out with something that will be memorable.

Oh my.

I actually really like Lynch endings, I know people are wondering about resolving things but all I want is something striking, I guess. Despite Season 2 having a cliffhanger ending, I think it was a wonderful send-off for the series and remained in the consciousness for a long time. I don't specifically want them to go exactly for the Season 2 ending of Twin Peaks, but I'm less looking for absolute closure and more hoping as this may very well be the end of Twin Peaks for it to go out with something that will be memorable.

I'm definitely not saying it'll be bad, in fact I'm pretty certain I'll like it after these past few episodes, but it'll be messy. I think Cooper's story will be finished, which means the business with Mr. C, Diane, Audrey and Richard will be resolved.

Which of the other 80 plot threads gets closure is a total crapshoot though. I think the Sarah & Laura stuff has the highest chance of resolution out of all the non-Cooper related stuff. Other things like Mother, the Woodsmen, the mysterious sickness, the ringing in the Great Northern, Red's drug trade, and most of the other minor plotlines will remain up in the air.

Somebody should make a "resolved plotline bingo" for next week's finale.

Flipyap

I'm definitely not saying it'll be bad, in fact I'm pretty certain I'll like it after these past few episodes, but it'll be messy. I think Cooper's story will be finished, which means the business with Mr. C, Diane, Audrey and Richard will be resolved.

Which of the other 80 plot threads gets closure is a total crapshoot though. I think the Sarah & Laura stuff has the highest chance of resolution out of all the non-Cooper related stuff. Other things like Mother, the Woodsmen, the mysterious sickness, the ringing in the Great Northern, Red's drug trade, and most of the other minor plotlines will remain up in the air.

I guess that depends on whether the show's budget can cover pasting a goofy-looking bullet wound on every character involved in those plot threads, because that's how most of them have been "resolved" so far.

Considering how hastily they've wrapped up Chad's subplot, I think it might be better if they just leave those threads dangling. It won't be satisfying, but it beats having to watch the story being swept under the rug.

The God

next week is the finale? for some reason I thought there were 18 parts lol

Damn, so we only get Cooper back for 2 episodes :/

s_mirage

I hope Sky UK have this up for download again tonight seeing as they're not actually showing episode 16 until tomorrow night/Tuesday morning.

A-V-B

Cooper's coming back in style, right? Has to be. There's no reason why everyone would be this excited.

Been predicting he'd be back on #16 for weeks. It's the only reason Lynch would show the last two episodes all at once. The show's called The Return, and the finale needs to be a non-stop Coopsplosion!

Get hype.

you seem really angry for no reason. Showtime has some great series like Episodes, Shameless, Homeland, and Billions.
No it doesn't, nor am I really angry. I just had to watch the same commercial like 20 times in order to get to watch TP (and do my rewatch). Ray Donovan is not on your list I see? Lol

The Giant: Sorry to wake you.
Dale Cooper: I wasn't dreaming.
The Giant: I forgot to tell you something.
Dale Cooper: You were right about the smiling bag.
The Giant: The things I tell you will not be wrong.
Dale Cooper: But, I...
The Giant: Better to listen, than to talk.
Dale Cooper: I believe you.
The Giant: Don't search for all the answers at once. A path is formed by laying one stone at a time. One person saw the third man that night. Three have seen him, yes, but not his body. Only one, known to you, ready now to talk. One more thing, you forgot something.
Dale Cooper: What?

HAH

Holy fuck

liquidtmd

Banned
I've just watched it.

ccf1f77fa34ef0562014d34381d58c22c2a5ed8c3de6c5d0e9feb164c30a0fb6.jpg

As someone who has been split down the middle on the thing, its a very, very, very good episode.

I am awake, so to speak. 100%

Will be rewatching in the morning when it gets out officially.

JohnDoe

Banned
I've just watched it.

ccf1f77fa34ef0562014d34381d58c22c2a5ed8c3de6c5d0e9feb164c30a0fb6.jpg

As someone who has been split down the middle on the thing, its a very, very, very good episode.

I am awake, so to speak. 100%

Will be rewatching in the morning when it gets out officially.

Where did you watch it? It got taken off the SKY GO app. If you can't say just PM me.

Pretty please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom