• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

The Affair is actually pretty good.

I ended up watching because Brendan Fraser was in it, and it ended up pretty compelling overall.

Not sure I'd go back and check out the first seasons but I enjoyed that last one.

Sadly I'm assuming what made the season so good is probably not gonna stick around. There was a lot of "loss of mind" and paranoia at play.

The first two seasons are much better and worth watching, but no they don't have those kinds of hallucinations and literal insanity going on (and for the better imo, I thought they dialed that up way too high in the third season).

big ander

Did you see the new season of top of the lake yet? I forgot to post about it but it's the most fascinating thing I've seen on tv all year aside from twin peaks. Dealing with some despicable subject matter and gender politics while also having some really goofy moments in there as well (particularly from gwendoline Christie and the Tommy Wiseau-esque antagonist)

I haven't yet but I'm really looking forward to it. Especially for Christie, GoT doesn't give her near enough to do. The first season was fantastic and between that and her movie Sweetie I'm excited to see anything Campion does.
Good recommendations. Thanks. Season 1 of Top of the Lake was great and I really like Elizabeth Moss. I definitely need to check out the second season. My family rave about Shameless but I'm not quite convinced. Doesn't seem to be to my taste. If someone recommends Stranger Things I will slap the taste out your mouth lol.
I get that—Shameless's tone can be grating. I generally like it but it's worn down in recent seasons and become extremely frustrating.

I'm literally disconnecting Showtime the second I finish watching the conclusion to TP: The Return.

...For a second time. Gotta take it all in, first.

They got their couple of months outta me; hopefully they see that as an endorsement of that kind of content. Instead of Ray Donovan, which I am never going to watch. "Consider the situation. You can walk away free." SHUT THE FUCK UP.

-shadow-

Finished watching the series with a friend of mine yesterday and just finished watching the film (extended fanedit, three and a half hours). Even though it's 2 in the morning, I just put up the first episode of the new season, I just couldn't delay it any further since we were supposed to have finished watching the series and film before the new season even started. This is going to be one terrific week!

EdmondD

I'm literally disconnecting Showtime the second I finish watching the conclusion to TP: The Return.

They got their couple of months outta me; hopefully they see that as an endorsement of that kind of content. Instead of Ray Donovan, which I am never going to watch. "Consider the situation. You can walk away free." SHUT THE FUCK UP.
Yo, you talk shit about Ray Donovan I will fight you.
I don't watch it and I never want to.
Finished watching the series with a friend of mine yesterday and just finished watching the film (extended fanedit, three and a half hours). Even though it's 2 in the morning, I just put up the first episode of the new season, I just couldn't delay it any further since we were supposed to have finished watching the series and film before the new season even started. This is going to be one terrific week!

You are in for a treat.

Linkin112

Reading between the lines, it sounds like Showtime's willingness to do another season (if Lynch actually wanted to obviously) is contingent on how much subscriber retention they see after the season ends.
It's weird they would rely on viewer retention for another season of Twin Peaks. It'd make more sense if they see a giant drop in their subscribers RIGHT after Twin Peaks ends and realized people aren't interested in anything else they have.

I do hear Ray Donovan is apparently good, but not my thing.

mjp2417

Banned
It's weird they would rely on viewer retention for another season of Twin Peaks. It'd make more sense if they see a giant drop in their subscribers RIGHT after Twin Peaks ends and realized people aren't interested in anything else they have.

I do hear Ray Donovan is apparently good, but not my thing.

This is exactly what it sounds like they are interested in, whether Twin Peaks subscribers are sticking around for their other programming, or whether they are only there for the 3 months of TP. Nevins immediately steered the conversation towards the fact that they were tracking this closely.

PolishQ

This is exactly what it sounds like they are interested in, whether Twin Peaks subscribers are sticking around for their other programming, or whether they are only there for the 3 months of TP. Nevins immediately steered the conversation towards the fact that they were tracking this closely.
Nevins needs to give us a reason to stick around.

Linkin112

Oh okay, I didn't watch the video, but I took what you said as "another season of Twin Peaks was more likely if people actually stuck around rather than cancelling" which didn't make sense to me

fenners

The day after Twin Peaks ends, I cancel Showtime.

I subscribed specifically for Twin Peaks, said as much to my cable company when I did so. And I'll be just as clear when I unsubscribe. I haven't seen any other programming that makes a subscription worthwhile.

Vectorman

Banned
There is no way Showtime keeps any of you on there except for TP season 4. Even then you don't need to resubscribe until that season came out.

BTA

There is no way Showtime keeps any of you on there except for TP season 4. Even then you don't need to resubscribe until that season came out.

Jokes on you; I'm not cancelling.

Because I'm still mooching off my mom's cable subscription.

hydruxo

It's happening again...

Edit: Yup, a bunch of folks on Reddit are talking about the episode. This has to be the leakiest year of TV ever.

One guy in the spoiler thread organized the spoilers by character, that was a good move. Only read one of them but it got me reaaal hyped for tomorrow's ep.

g11

Did you see the new season of top of the lake yet? I forgot to post about it but it's the most fascinating thing I've seen on tv all year aside from twin peaks. Dealing with some despicable subject matter and gender politics while also having some really goofy moments in there as well (particularly from gwendoline Christie and the Tommy Wiseau-esque antagonist)

Wait, Top of the Lake S2 is already out? When the hell did that happen?

Shauni

Ray Donovan man. This shit makes Twin Peaks look like Riverdale. Come at me bro.

image.php

Kadayi

Banned
I don't think there will be any more Peaks after this. Lynch is old and probably has a few more new things he'd like to do before the end.

What I wouldn't be surprised to see though is him parlaying this into another show or movie on premium cable.

Yeah unless Lynch and Frost have a clear idea already for a further season I'd be happy for them to move on to something else. I think without the likes of Albert etc it would be hard to make the show going forward.

Personally, I'd love to see Lynch revisit Mulholland Drive territory with a TV series.

superfly

Please respect the rest of the forum and keep part 16 spoilers out of here until it's aired elsewhere.

I feel lucky to have seen it early.

Hulohot

Neo Member
Yeah I found it on NowTv not sure how long it will be on for, it says 2 days so it could be taken down. I'd get on it fast.

Contractions are for the Red Room, my dude!!!!!!!

The Giant: Sorry to wake you.
Dale Cooper: I wasn't dreaming.
The Giant: I forgot to tell you something.
Dale Cooper: You were right about the smiling bag.
The Giant: The things I tell you will not be wrong.
Dale Cooper: But, I...
The Giant: Better to listen, than to talk.
Dale Cooper: I believe you.
The Giant: Don't search for all the answers at once. A path is formed by laying one stone at a time. One person saw the third man that night. Three have seen him, yes, but not his body. Only one, known to you, ready now to talk. One more thing, you forgot something.
Dale Cooper: What?

HAH

Yeah I found it on NowTv not sure how long it will be on for, it says 2 days so it could be taken down. I'd get on it fast.

It's gone. Or at least it seems to be on the PS4 app. Will check the Apple TV...

Yeah, Sky UK much more efficient at pulling mistakes down than our Euro cousins unfortunately.

If this episode is what the last episodes suggests regarding a certain Agent waking up, then what a terrible episode to leak.

I'm in the same boat with CraveTV over here in Canada. I'll keep it running for another month though to see if Star Trek Discovery is a trainwreck or worth keeping my sub for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom