• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

I don't think there will be any more Peaks after this. Lynch is old and probably has a few more new things he'd like to do before the end.

What I wouldn't be surprised to see though is him parlaying this into another show or movie on premium cable.

PolishQ

OMFG

Just realized what (MAYBE????) is on the last page of Laura's diary.

Did they find the "The Good Dale is in the Lodge" page????

Uh... they already found that page.

Remember Hawk saying "If the Good Dale is in the Lodge, then that means the Dale that came out that night was not the Good Dale" ?

hugocésar;246978448 said:
Looking forward to the inevitable (I hope) Missing Pages type deleted scenes.
I can’t see there being anything substantial that won’t make it into the show. He got his 18 episodes to make sure he could fit everything from the script in.

g11

I can’t see there being anything substantial that won’t make it into the show. He got his 18 episodes to make sure he could fit everything from the script in.

Although Lynch is kind of notorious for filming HOURS and HOURS of footage that usually ends up on the cutting floor, no? Probably nothing that's going to recontextualize the whole Return or anything, but probably some interesting stuff here and there.

I was stunned when the Showtime guy on that podcast talked about reading "the first two hours" of scripts. The show often feels like they shot 18 hours of footage and edited it together however tf they wanted but it's amazing to think they actually wrote these out as discrete episodes.

Although Lynch is kind of notorious for filming HOURS and HOURS of footage that usually ends up on the cutting floor, no? Probably nothing that's going to recontextualize the whole Return or anything, but probably some interesting stuff here and there.
I guess what I mean is that we shouldn’t be expecting there to be anything of real substance like the Missing Pieces.
It’s clear from that interview with the Showtime CEO that while they gave him another 9 episodes, they didn’t double the budget. I’m sure he didn’t go OTT with filming things they didn’t think they’d use.

Corpsepyre

Banned
So, uh, an Australian streaming service just put a photo up concerning episode 16. Not sure if they meant to, but it's pretty fucking spoilery. I saw it. Fuck.

gun_haver

I mean this series feels like half of a given episoede is comrprised of deleted scenes style stuff already, which is both good and very, very bad at times, but I'd be surprised if there is a lot of stuff that didn't make the cut.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
aOOYmi3.gif

Jim Belushi's greatest role.

Futureman

I actually never heard that about Lynch... is it true?

So, uh, an Australian streaming service just put a photo up concerning episode 16. Not sure if they meant to, but it's pretty fucking spoilery. I saw it. Fuck.

Someone in here said the same thing happened this morning? Did they do it again?

traveler

Not Wario
Can we get a random G-man appearance or something here at the end in honor of today's sad Half Life news? Just let Lynch take it over and have the combine cross into the lodges.

I saw it too, but I checked Stan and the episode is not listed so I don't know who is responsible for this mistake; the ad ran on Facebook. It's a big spoiler though.

Is it just me or is Mario's fire flower sound adapted for The Veils' song Axolotl at the end of Episode 15???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmyFzEeXhL4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGdCgkQYBTo

Probably tied with the Nine Inch Nails performance as my favorite so far for the Roadhouse performances. I can't get enough of it, especially with Charlyne Yi's crawling and final bloodcurdling scream. Just........perfection.

That sounds like the kinda thing El-P would sample for a beat, so probably. Check out the Veils album if you haven't already, there's some really good songs on there.

Boem

Jim Belushi's greatest role.

It's funny how that doesn't say much at all, but it's true of course. I really love him in this. Not at all the kind of actor you'd expect in a Lynch thing but it totally works. Whenever you see you're getting a scene with him in it you know you're in for a good time.

And don't tempt me with those spoilers, not gonna click. It isn't too long until the next episode.

bounchfx

Reading between the lines, it sounds like Showtime's willingness to do another season (if Lynch actually wanted to obviously) is contingent on how much subscriber retention they see after the season ends.

seems weird, the only reason I subscribed is for twin peaks, and I plan on cancelling the moment after the finale. actually, I should check my time left, might be able to cancel now. Another season would make me resubscribe. It just seems silly if they want people to stay subscribed afterwards. That falls on the rest of their content... not on twin peaks itself

liquidtmd

Banned
seems weird, the only reason I subscribed is for twin peaks, and I plan on cancelling the moment after the finale. actually, I should check my time left, might be able to cancel now. Another season would make me resubscribe. It just seems silly if they want people to stay subscribed afterwards. That falls on the rest of their content... not on twin peaks itself

Exactly.

It was a good listen and interview though.

I jumped to 24 minutes in and man the computer glasses advert just before the interview is awkwardly bad

EdmondD

Unfortunately Showtime doesn't really have any good shows besides Twin Peaks. The CEO was listing all these shows and I was just thinking, "I'm not interested in any of that." I used to like Homeland but that show went off the rails a long time ago. As a boxing fan they have some good boxing at least.
I know when this is over there is going to be this massive void and there is really nothing to fill it. I already feel depressed about it. I started season 3 of Black Mirror and that's cool but it's really short series only six episodes.

big ander

Unfortunately Showtime doesn't really have any good shows besides Twin Peaks. The CEO was listing all these shows and I was just thinking, "I'm not interested in any of that." I used to like Homeland but that show went off the rails a long time ago. As a boxing fan they have some good boxing at least.
I know when this is over there is going to be this massive void and there is really nothing to fill it. I already feel depressed about it. I started season 3 of Black Mirror and that's cool but it's really short series only six episodes.

Shameless is pretty good.

Plenty of TV coming or continuing after Twin Peaks ends too—maybe nothing as singularly amazing, but a lot that comes close. Second season of Top of the Lake jumps to mind, Jane Campion is an auteur on the level of Lynch. Vice Principals isn't straight-up dramatic but the first season was really well-drawn on top of being hilarious and the second is looking to be out-and-out demented. Oh, and Halt and Catch Fire is on. despite the surge in critical appreciation remains maybe the most underrated show on tv right now. Brilliant stuff.
and all better than the middling Black Mirror

Plenty of TV coming or continuing after Twin Peaks ends too—maybe nothing as singularly amazing, but a lot that comes close. Second season of Top of the Lake jumps to mind, Jane Campion is an auteur on the level of Lynch. Vice Principals isn't straight-up dramatic but the first season was really well-drawn on top of being hilarious and the second is looking to be out-and-out demented. Oh, and Halt and Catch Fire is on. despite the surge in critical appreciation remains maybe the most underrated show on tv right now. Brilliant stuff.

Did you see the new season of top of the lake yet? I forgot to post about it but it's the most fascinating thing I've seen on tv all year aside from twin peaks. Dealing with some despicable subject matter and gender politics while also having some really goofy moments in there as well (particularly from gwendoline Christie and the Tommy Wiseau-esque antagonist)

EdmondD

Good recommendations. Thanks. Season 1 of Top of the Lake was great and I really like Elizabeth Moss. I definitely need to check out the second season. My family rave about Shameless but I'm not quite convinced. Doesn't seem to be to my taste. If someone recommends Stranger Things I will slap the taste out your mouth lol.

Slaythe

The Affair is actually pretty good.

I ended up watching because Brendan Fraser was in it, and it ended up pretty compelling overall.

Not sure I'd go back and check out the first seasons but I enjoyed that last one.

Sadly I'm assuming what made the season so good is probably not gonna stick around. There was a lot of "loss of mind" and paranoia at play.

Currently watching Ozark on Netflix (on Episode 6) and that is an excellent show, tense atmosphere, well done character developments and black comedy throughout. Recommended.

Zach

Personally, although I do like this new season of Twin Peaks, I think people are perfectly justified in criticising it as not being "Twin Peaks", because for a lot of it, it hasn't been. It's been David Lynch The TV Show With a Setting Of Twin Peaks, especially in the first half of the season.

It was never marketed as such (just see that banner image a few pages ago) and it's understandable that frustration has arisen in the move from the show having one foot in the bizarre, to going "Full Lynch".

If they want to vent, this is the thread to do it in. It shouldn't be a love-in, that's counterproductive to any discussion, regardless of how much someone flounces off saying that they're done with the series.
I'm done with you, Menome!!

Currently watching Ozark on Netflix (on Episode 6) and that is an excellent show, tense atmosphere, well done character developments and black comedy throughout. Recommended.

I loved Ozark. Nothing on air currently comes close to Twin Peaks for me, but Ozark was very good. Jason Bateman was excellent and his directing was top notch, too. I also recommend this one.

yepyepyep

I actually never heard that about Lynch... is it true?

He likes improvising on the set. There was an interview with an actor who was in Lost Highway who said he would get them to do scenes in different ways. The actor was talking about some weird scene he remembers performing but it didn't end up in the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom