• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 OT |25 Years Later...It Is Happening Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzaFace

Banned
It being another blooper involving Sarah Palmer and in a mirror makes me think it's a subtle tribute to Bob.

That's what I think, most people won't notice it, a % of the ones that will won't think much about it, a smaller % will see it and think of Bob.

Flipyap

In the pilot(or second episode?) when Sarah screams because she sees something and you see Bob in the mirror was not intentional. Bob was just a stage hand type guy and Lynch rolled with it and kept it in and made him Bob.
This is partially a myth. The shot of Bob hiding behind the bed was already filmed when the mirror goof happened.
Lynch originally got the idea to film that when he heard someone tell Frank Silva "don’t lock yourself in Laura’s room."

In the pilot(or second episode?) when Sarah screams because she sees something and you see Bob in the mirror was not intentional. Bob was just a stage hand type guy and Lynch rolled with it and kept it in and made him Bob.

It's the very end of the pilot, but Lynch had already decided to include Silva in the show. Silva was a set decorator and was moving things around in Laura's room when someone warned him about trapping himself in there and it gave Lynch the idea to shoot Silva crouching down at the end of Laura's bed. The happy accident of Frank being in the mirror happened later. And of course it pulled everything together for Lynch.

Jokab

So wait, was Bob initially not going to part of Twin Peaks in any way? How would what possessed Leland be explained?

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
There you go.

7sx8r3aguczy.jpg

Goosebumps

orava

The first four episodes were really good. I like how different and straightforward the show now is and still feels like the old series.

My expression during the watching.

7uZfj9T.jpg

3rdman

The first four episodes were really good. I like how different and straightforward the show now is and still feels like the old series.

My expression during the watching.

7uZfj9T.jpg

You know, if there is one thing I do prefer from the older show over this one is simply its look. There is a warmness to the old series missing from here...The new version is much more like FWWM....colder...

This is really prevalent in the new scenes of the black lodge...it's (IMHO) simply too bright.

Chitown B

You know, if there is one thing I do prefer from the older show over this one is simply its look. There is a warmness to the old series missing from here...The new version is much more like FWWM....colder...

This is really prevalent in the new scenes of the black lodge...it's (IMHO) simply too bright.

A lot of it just just color temperature and background. Not very much Great Northern lodge yet

Plus the color correction is probably much better now, and HD helps even more. It's not going to have those blown out yellow and reds anymore.

PolishQ

I'd say it's too dark, really -- or maybe too flat. It's lacking the illumination coming through the curtains that the older versions had. But maybe that's by design to show that the Lodge has changed ... after all, when you see the curtains pulled back in Part 2 there's only endless darkness beyond.

So wait, was Bob initially not going to part of Twin Peaks in any way? How would what possessed Leland be explained?

They didn't plan the show out. I don't think they had a concrete idea of who the killer even was at the start. I believe it's been said that Bob was going to be the actual killer, no Leland involved. The whole Lodge mythology evolved as the show went along. The Red Room came from a moment of inspiration as Lynch was trying to figure out how to make the pilot into a movie for the European market. It was just Cooper's dream at first.

Sorcerer

Speaking of Leland, fucking Ray Wise hasn't aged a day in 25 years. I kind of already knew from seeing him in other films over the years, but damn.

They aged him in the original show if I recall correctly, (white hair) he probably looks good in comparison to that aging they did on him 25 years ago.

orava

They didn't plan the show out. I don't think they had a concrete idea of who the killer even was at the start. I believe it's been said that Bob was going to be the actual killer, no Leland involved. The whole Lodge mythology evolved as the show went along. The Red Room came from a moment of inspiration as Lynch was trying to figure out how to make the pilot into a movie for the European market. It was just Cooper's dream at first.

That's basically how Lost was made.

My understanding is that Frost and Lynch knew it was Leland (not sure about the Bob business) from very early on, but didn't have the specifics and weren't intending to reveal it, as many say.

They certainly told Jennifer Lynch who the killer was before she wrote the Secret Diary, which was published right before season 2 started airing.

I'm not sure if it was published before they shot Episode 14, but obviously Jennifer was working on the book before then, and as she tells the story, they told her who the killer was before she started writing.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
The red room was refashioned into being Cooper's dream so it could be incorporated into the show, but it was originally was a literal representation of what happens to Cooper 25 years later, as a 'what the fuck' ending should the pilot not be picked up to series or be released theatrically in Europe.

It's said that Frost and Lynch knew Leland was the killer fairly early into the process of making the series.

SilentRob

No, they didn't plan for Bob at all and knew from the beginning it was Leland. The whole Bob idea came around completely by accident when David Lynch saw his set dresser crouching behind the bed in Laura Palmer's room. He liked the visual so much that he decided to incorporate him into the series as an actor and Bob was born.

I don't have a way of watching the new series yet but I have a question. Not sure if enough has been revealed to answer it properly

Is the bad cooper literally the doppelganger we see chasing the real Cooper in the black lodge from the season 2 finale (leaving regular Cooper somewhere else, probably the black lodge)? Or is the bad Cooper, regular Cooper's body with Bob controlling it?

Also, so far is there a lot of nudity or just shots of people having sex with out showing too much skin?

moggio

Banned
I don't have a way of watching the new series yet but I have a question. Not sure if enough has been revealed to answer it properly

Is the bad cooper literally the doppelganger we see chasing the real Cooper in the black lodge from the season 2 finale (leaving regular Cooper somewhere else, probably the black lodge)? Or is the bad Cooper, regular Cooper's body with Bob controlling it?

Also, so far is there a lot of nudity or just shots of people having sex with out showing too much skin?

The suggestion is that it is the actual doppelganger.

There is nudity (although not a lot) which includes nipples and bums.

No, they didn't plan for Bob at all and knew from the beginning it was Leland. The whole Bob idea came around completely by accident when David Lynch saw his set dresser crouching behind the bed in Laura Palmer's room. He liked the visual so much that he decided to incorporate him into the series as an actor and Bob was born.

Right. Well, there are *three* things we know of that happened by accident which helped make Bob happen.

You've mentioned the first. The second is accidentally catching Frank Silva in the mirror when filming Sarah screaming.

The third isn't as well known. When Phoebe Augustine was filming the scene of Ronnette staggering back across the border, she had a private word with David and asked if he would dismiss Frank Silva from the set, as he was freaking her out (not intentionally).

I'm not sure that David has ever told that story, but Phoebe has.

As somebody who only ever watched Twin Peaks in binge marathons on Netflix, having to wait for more episodes is excruciating. This is not how I should have to live. They should have released them all. I understand what they're doing (getting people to talk in between episodes), but there ultimately isn't enough to talk about without being able to watch more episodes quickly for more insight.

Waiting until June 2nd for new episodes... This is cruel. Wrong. I'm dying.

3rdman

As somebody who only ever watched Twin Peaks in binge marathons on Netflix, having to wait for more episodes is excruciating. This is not how I should have to live. They should have released them all. I understand what they're doing (getting people to talk in between episodes), but there ultimately isn't enough to talk about without being able to watch more episodes quickly for more insight.

Waiting until June 2nd for new episodes... This is cruel. Wrong. I'm dying.

As someone who waited for 25+ years for a new episode let me just say
that you make me sick and I hope you die!!!
I'm so sorry you have to wait! May I bring you a tea or perhaps a cocoa to alleviate the pain?

:p

Blader

Given how utterly bizarre Leland acts through all of season 1, I'd be pretty surprised if Lynch and Frost didn't know from day one that he would be the killer.

Snagret

Given how utterly bizarre Leland acts through all of season 1, I'd be pretty surprised if Lynch and Frost didn't know from day one that he would be the killer.
Fun fact, Ray Wise didn't know his character was the killer until they shot the reveal episode.

Also fun fact, Jack Nance didn't know the Tojamura character was Piper Laurie in makeup until he read the script for that episode. He had several scenes with her thinking she was just an asian male actor.

Flipyap

No, they knew how LOST was going to end, from the start. They of course didn't know how they were going to get there.
Wasn't that limited to JJ Abrams coming up with a vague idea for the final shot? That's not what I'd call knowing how a story is going to end.

EhoaVash

Hm because I wanted to see what's all the hype was about decided to finally watch twin peaks first season btw tonight. Not sure what I'm in for except something similar to Deadly premonition.

Anyone buy any of the Twin Peaks merchandise from Showtime? How is the quality of the apparel? Thinking of picking up the beanie and black lodge coasters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom