• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twin Peaks Season 3 |OT2| It's Just A Change, Not An End

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I loved it. It was so strange, where the fuck is Coop now? The whole whispering to this hidden person. There was a thread of dread, and sinister throughout once Diane saw her doppelganger and it kept going.

I ain’t even mad cause I expected Lynch fuckery and that’s what I got. What did Laura hear at the end? Something was said I thought from in the house.

Season 4 or no season 4 I’m happy.

Holy crap I put on subtitles and right before Laura screams at the end it says faint shouting from the house "LAURA!!!" like Leyland was saying her name.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I think Part 18 is Cooper's fate for what he did in Part 17, he tried to rewrite history and change the past, and he did. He saved Laura, but by saving her she never existed. And because she never existed, things never happened.

Laura is the dreamer, I think.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I ain’t even mad cause I expected Lynch fuckery and that’s what I got. What did Laura hear at the end? Something was said I thought from in the house.

Season 4 or no season 4 I’m happy.
I was watching with subtitles and it said Laura

Solo

Season was 16/18 for me. Episode 12 and sadly Episode 18 were stinkers for me.

But Episode 17 was the best of the whole season and one hell of a conclusion.

It wa rather clearly Leland yelling "LAURA"

Edit: actually not so clearly! hahaha. Yes it was probably Sarah from the pilot (sounded a little slowed down)

DrEvil

not a medical professional
By the way, what was the picture that leaked really early on that people suspected was from the end of the season?

101015-twin-peaks-primary-1200x630.jpg

I think this?

http://www.tmz.com/2015/10/10/twin-peaks-leak-video-laura-palmer/

I think Part 18 is Cooper's fate for what he did in Part 17, he tried to rewrite history and change the past, and he did. He saved Laura, but by saving her she never existed. And because she never existed, things never happened.

This feels close.

He saved Laura. But he didn't beat Judy. And he got fucked.

Jakten

I feel like that old couple were Andy and Lucy when those 3 truckers were about to get Cooper

Coop must be like 30/40 years in the future

I was thinking the past or something, Mrs.Tremond was an old lady in Fire Walk With Me. Unless that is like her distant relative or something??? Also Mrs.Tremond was also known as Mrs. Chalfont, why would she buy the house from herself and forget??? I'm so confused...

This most likely it. I still think there is more though. I mean this a Lynch ending but I think there is a way to continue.

I loved 18.

at the end i heard "Laura!" from in the house but i couldnt tell who it was.
but it made my hairs stand up.

that makes the ending that much more unbearable

Solo

What didn't you like about 18?

Everything. I know Lynch is Lynch and he's going to subvert expectations and do his own thing, but I felt like Episode 17 ended things perfectly in the same way the S2 finale did. Then 18 felt like strangeness and mindfuckery for the sake of it.

Wow.

So Cooper changed the past. Instead of Laura getting killed, she went missing and through some Lodge/Red Room shenanigans, she can't remember her past. We don't know how far into the future they are, Leland was/is probably still possessed by Bob, and who knows what else his choice altered.

I want more and I probably won't get more. That's fine. This is some amazing stuff to analyze for a while.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
After 17 episode 18 is bordering on cruel. Lynch was willing to go there. Just... Jesus. But fuck if I wasn't enthralled throughout and want more.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I think what happened is Laura and Cooper were written out of history, also the beginning with Mr. C in the chair on fire I think why Cooper was acting weird is because he reemerged with Mr. C, so it was half him and half Mr. C in one person. I think why Diane saw a doppelganger of herself is because she was seeing the her she would become, aka Linda. The phrase "two birds with one stone" meant that Cooper and Laura would be 'saved' from their fates with a sacrifice to destroy BOB in the past, so this all never happened.

Just my immediate post-watch thoughts before I eventually re-watch the series at some point and take more in.

I wasn't around to experience the devastation of S2s finale when it first aired, but now I get to experience the closest approximation of it.

What year is it?!

For the record, I love both episodes. Lynch you glorious bastard you've done it again.

hydruxo

The thing that baffles me is that they didn't even address Audrey at all in the finale

They have to be doing a fourth season

Top Bottom