• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal |OT| Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. Play

ElRenoRaven

I really fucking love doing great in a my second game on a server and have it almost over only to get kicked with the your network sucks error. Then to seach and find no games for about 2 mins. Every other game works perfect

Liberty4all

Banned
This game will NEVER leave my collection .... very few achieve that honour.

Best competitive multiplayer this gen in my opinion. Warhawk is a very close second.

Liberty4all

Banned
Here is my networking problem: i can join games fine but always get booted in the second match due to connectivity problems.

it has gotten to the point i just leave after every completed match and join a new game.

ElRenoRaven

Here is my networking problem: i can join games fine but always get booted in the second match due to connectivity problems.

it has gotten to the point i just leave after every completed match and join a new game.

Yup that's one of the two errors. That then of course the network error. And wow finally back into another and first game it kicks us.

Dude. Fuck the final fucking event for Dollface. I thought the race event was shit, this takes the fucking cake. Probably the worst designed gaming segment in the past decade. I would have rather had repetitive arena fights the whole time if this was my only alternative.

How the flying fuck do I score damage in the 3rd phase?
I shoot the sweetbots until they turn to bombs, but when I pick them up and try to drop them in the hole, they just bounce off the side of the giant skull-head-thing.
WAT DO?

this, i'm there now, i need help smh this is annoying.

lol at the part before that, must have been the luckiest thing i've ever done haha

the fuck, was watching a vid on youtube and the guy had the sweetooths stuck like glue 0_O , i was moving up a little and they fall, is it glitched :(

Tokubetsu

I always think I'm doing worse than I actually am. Just played DM match and the whole time I was thinking "Man, maybe DM isn't for me" only to see that I went 12-7, pulling out 5th place. Managed to kill the Juggernaut asshole once. He still took first place but it felt good.

Also, I love watching people boosting to ram me...only for me to jump over them. Swagger on a hundred thousand trillion.

iIZzVejJAzKl9.gif

beat it!

i wish sweet tooth had more story missions :( and i need Axel to get some screen time, that guy is awesome B^)

lol at
war of the monsters and twisted metal 1 at the far right next to the machete

Has anyone been able to hit Iron Maiden's last form on Twisted with a rat rocket manually controlled? Just trying to find out if I am wasting my time. Got it down to the last form a couple hours ago and had 3 specials and thought this might be the time it finally happens but it destroyed all 3 rockets I tried to manually fly into it somehow right before hitting it.

Has anyone been able to hit Iron Maiden's last form on Twisted with a rat rocket manually controlled? Just trying to find out if I am wasting my time. Got it down to the last form a couple hours ago and had 3 specials and thought this might be the time it finally happens but it destroyed all 3 rockets I tried to manually fly into it somehow right before hitting it.

What I ended up doing was using Outlaw's secondary special and spamming the rockets with mashing R2. On the last form, I hoarded a bunch of Mega Guns and took her down. I have to assume that Mega Guns are a must in the final form. If you're at the bridge area, there should be 3 of them in the area, one just before you enter the bridge, and two on each side of the dead end.

Yeah actually I forgot all about her actual last form and was thinking when she was clinging to the bridge was the last form. I saved a few power rockets for that and got her then realized there was the last area. Already beat it on Normal but forgot all about it. Used mega guns and homing rockets to take out the last head, but 13 minutes on Twisted is a couple too long :(

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I really wish this game had 2-3 more levels. A few more vehicles would have been awesome as well. Cant really fauly ESP though, they really did a good job for the allocations and time they had.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How's the online population been? Easy to find servers?
I can't really play primetime, and I'm basically gamed up for the next few months, but I was hoping to pick this up in the Summer after loving the online demo when it worked. Just want to make sure it's not a ghost town at 12 am

BHK3

Banned
Is there any way for me to tell Jaffe that I had 6 unlock points disappear on me? I can't unlock anything left in tier 1 because I ranked up enough that now all my points are tier 2 point.

Friends came over, they never heard of TM. 4 player split-screen action all night long, and to make a long story short, let's just say that TM will be running on their PS3 very soon :)

Why is it that hosts so often just sit there for 5-10 minutes with a full game room before starting the match? I swear it happens more often than not, and everyone is screaming for the host to start in the text chat.

Lol.

Also, I agree, there needs to be a veto option to overrule the host.

BTW-- can you get all the trophies and Warthog by doing co-op?? That'd really make things much easier-- especially if one is Talon and the other is like Juggernaut or something.

Would love to get online and grind out some levels for unlocks but I can't fucking join a game and when I am finally able to, the host is just sitting there and doesn't start. Or, I get one game in and the room crashes and then it's back to spending 10-20 minutes trying to find something. For a game so heavily dependent on MP, ESP and Sony sure dropped the ball here.

What vehicle do you guys recommend for Mean Juggernauts? I am trying to use Juggs myself but can't find a good strategy. These bastards take a ton of damage.

What vehicle do you guys recommend for Mean Juggernauts? I am trying to use Juggs myself but can't find a good strategy. These bastards take a ton of damage.

I find Talon to make mince meat out of Juggernauts. Can easily wipe out a Juggernaut before they even launch a new opponent out.

Never played Online, but collector sounds really awesome, like holding the skull in Halo.

Yes, there are a lot of great modes they should add, I really love the idea of Team/FFA Collector. Also, it sounds like Black had some great tweakable options, which would be great to see TMPS3 add more of. For example, allow us to create our own modes from this-- such as Infected where one player is given a base speed and must, perhaps, shotgun an opponent with x amount of damage to convert them from the rest of the players who has x amount of speed and health.

The cage match idea is also really cool, a simple Zones mode, a mode where you hold an object (like Oddball in Halo).

Not a developer, but is it hard to add/modify code like that for MP?

Bukana

Yes, there are a lot of great modes they should add, I really love the idea of Team/FFA Collector. Also, it sounds like Black had some great tweakable options, which would be great to see TMPS3 add more of. For example, allow us to create our own modes from this-- such as Infected where one player is given a base speed and must, perhaps, shotgun an opponent with x amount of damage to convert them from the rest of the players who has x amount of speed and health.

The cage match idea is also really cool, a simple Zones mode, a mode where you hold an object (like Oddball in Halo).

Awesome, what is Cage Mode !?

New Update:

FAST UPDATE: Sorry so late- needed a break. Had long 2 hour call with Sony PD, ESP, and Sony Net group. ESP is doing some work for a patch we hope to push Tuesday that should help/out and out fix network issues but no guarantee. Discussed crashing PS3s and none of us or SDQA can repro it but we know it's an issue- we continue to bang on this and should have update in next few days. Exploring people being kicked from games (think it may be a host migration issue and we're doing some tests). Also looking at getting the FORCED START in quick match games in for Tuesday patch. Nothing concrete sadly :(...lots of work happening but only real news is: team is cranking hard on it and making progress but I can't give you a 'this is when it will be 100% fixed' date just yet. Sorry about that. Will stay in touch tomorrow and Monday but I don't expect it to get better (or worse!?!) until sometime Tuesday. Wish I had better news right now but it is getting there for sure, but not there yet :(.

Yes, and it deals over 75% damage on normal.

Awesome, what is Cage Mode !?

New Update:

From the SP! Where you play in an electric field that moves around, and if u dont stay in it, u drain ur grace meter, and if that is gone u take damage.

Oh, btw, I loved split screen but felt there was a SERIOUS lack of options!!

I mean, even for online, we should have a ton of customization options, so much that we can create our own modes (like the infected mode I suggest above)

It'd be only for unranked, of course.

I dont know why split screen restricts the maps so much, we dont even seem to have access to all the cut up maps :(

I pray that there is DLC for this game/patches that give us more server options, new modes, maps, characters, and vehicles. I love this game so much, too bad the futue is dictated by the success of sales.

Bukana

From the SP! Where you play in an electric field that moves around, and if u dont stay in it, u drain ur grace meter, and if that is gone u take damage.

Oh, btw, I loved split screen but felt there was a SERIOUS lack of options!!

I mean, even for online, we should have a ton of customization options, so much that we can create our own modes (like the infected mode I suggest above)

It'd be only for unranked, of course.

I dont know why split screen restricts the maps so much, we dont even seem to have access to all the cut up maps :(

Why did you have to tell me that :(!?, these modes are far more interesting that Hunted Mode, I hope Jaffe or any ESP employee sees this, and of course as always, add Twister to the rooster.

I pray that there is DLC for this game/patches that give us more server options, new modes, maps, characters, and vehicles. I love this game so much, too bad the futue is dictated by the success of sales.

Again,
image.php

Unicorn

this, i'm there now, i need help smh this is annoying.

lol at the part before that, must have been the luckiest thing i've ever done haha

the fuck, was watching a vid on youtube and the guy had the sweetooths stuck like glue 0_O , i was moving up a little and they fall, is it glitched :(

There's a glitch I noticed that if you have 1 special left and use it for the magnetic lift, making it zero, when it reaches 1 after charging back it makes you drop whatever you're carrying. Fucking annoyed me until my friend pointed it out.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Going for the TMA trophy is kicking my ass. I'm trying to do it without cheesing it by restarting...

Sorry to those whose invites for MP I've been declining, I'm just trying to get this damn trophy out of the way lol.

Literally just did the same thing. 4 hours and finally beat it. Must have died at the last obstacle about 10 times.

When I was doing it on normal, the gauntlets usually screwed me over, but I finally figured out how to get past those with a decent success rate, but then I would lose concentration and die at the spinning blades. I'm too tired to continue on, will have to try tomorrow. Hoping the Talon part won't be too hard. Time I don't think is an issue because I should have 7-8 minutes at least if I get past the course.

AwShucks

I can't really play primetime, and I'm basically gamed up for the next few months, but I was hoping to pick this up in the Summer after loving the online demo when it worked. Just want to make sure it's not a ghost town at 12 am

I've been playing quite a bit. There's usually at least 5+ ranked games that are still in the lobby and have 8+ people in them (my filter is set to ranked + not in game + not full). I generally have to try a few times to get into a game, but it takes no longer than a minute or two.

did some time revising tonight, didn't revise the bosses really at all other then simply having gold medals. figure there is another 10 minutes at least to shave off. just normal mode for now.

I have my moment for now.

cmtFa.jpg

this is keeping me nicely busy until binary comes out you guys

KuroNeeko

Game finally arrived today and after a system update, SEN update, and patch - I'm finally in. Added a bunch of you to my friend's list but I don't see any sort of clan invite. How's that work?

(PSN - KuroNeeko)

Will be focusing on playing through single-player first. Normal goes down smooth like breast milk. Might have to start over at another difficulty setting. I'm liking Kamikaze more that I thought - the key will be how effective her EMP blast is in online games. Roadboat looks like he'll be good for trolling. :D

Bukana

Game finally arrived today and after a system update, SEN update, and patch - I'm finally in. Added a bunch of you to my friend's list but I don't see any sort of clan invite. How's that work?
A clan leader has to invite you in.

I have a question, I unlocked all the tier 1 vehicles, and I have an extra unlock but I can't get it to open any of the tier 2 vehicles, is it glitched out !?

I have a question, I unlocked all the tier 1 vehicles, and I have an extra unlock but I can't get it to open any of the tier 2 vehicles, is it glitched out !?
Make sure you unlock all the vehicles, upgrades, and skin packs for each tier. At least that's what they tell me.

I'm probably never going to get Warthog. I love mechanics based games as much as the next guy, but if there's one thing I'll fully admit to, it's that I no longer have the patience or desire to brute force my way through hard difficulties, not in the way that Twisted Metal presents it anyway. Bayonetta on Infinite Climax difficulty was probably the last time I'll ever go for that "badge of honor" gameplay experience, and that's only because they developed that game to be as "not cheap" as possible.

I tap TM, you win.

Liberty4all

Banned

I played all night tonight. As of 7am still lots of games to pick from.

In other news I finally hit tier 2 cars. Unlocked darksider and Shadow (I think that's the name ... The hearse car). LOVE the shadow ... Corpse bomb can potentially do 100 dmg! :O

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
BAHAHAHA BEAT YOU MOTHERFUCKER! TMA trophy unlocked! Man, what a pain in the ass that was lol, but finally got it in one shot straight through with no resetting.

Liberty4all

Banned

As George said ... You have to unlock everything in tier one including skins and upgrades. It took me about 12 hours of playtime to hit tier 2 (averaging 500 - 600 pts a match). FFA deathmatch is the easiest way to get xp. team games and objective modes give like half the xp.

Top Bottom