• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal |OT| Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. Play

Unicorn

Wait... I can't select whatever car I want online? What the fuck is this shit? Pretty fucking bummed right now. Didn't expect some sort of corny leveling system outside of sidearms.

So wtf do I gotta do to unlcock more cars? I don't have the urge to play right now anymore but I'd like to know for whenever I feel like grinding to unlock cars (fucking bullshit).

Play unranked. I've been doing it just to play Shadow. Ranked is when I feel like playing for a "purpose" but it's hard when unranked has everything.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I agree with Riposte on the ranked unlocks. I didn't think the game would do anything like that, it's really lame.

Unicorn

I'm making a custom skins thread. posting link in a bit.

Post some GAF skins up. like, mine:
Shadowgaf.png

http://twistedmetal.com/index.php?option=com_community&task=vehicledetail&vid=147485164

it's a nice rich, dark purple in-game. Looks like an HD TM2 Shadow, imo, albeit with some GAF swag on it.

Gotta dig in more tomorrow to make some original skins. I've got an idea I've had spinning since before release I want to do.

Fucking Iron Maiden...

Been going for four hours, and the one time I actually get to the final stage with the head, I can't beat it quick enough. These boss battles just go on for way too long....ugh.

chixdiggit

I read the last couple pages because I have been interested in picking this up. I have come to the conclusion that this game makes people cuss like sailors.

Oh man I am fucking fuming right now. Plus my 6 unlock points won't fucking return.

It is a complete clusterfuck.

Fuck it I give up. Goddamn I wish I had some fucking still with these programs and could draw worth a damn too. GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait... I can't select whatever car I want online? What the fuck is this shit? Pretty fucking bummed right now. Didn't expect some sort of corny leveling system outside of sidearms.

So wtf do I gotta do to unlcock more cars? I don't have the urge to play right now anymore but I'd like to know for whenever I feel like grinding to unlock cars (fucking bullshit).

I can't fucking wait to play this next week.

ughhhhh this fucking game.

Yup! See my shit up above? I'll dig in later. haha.

So fucking frustrating

Man, someone else fixing to get a copy of the game shoved up their ass, lol.

Goddammit, I really fucking hate the PS3s freaking inability to multitask

I am extremely pist the fuck off. Not only did I lose about 3000 experience and have to gain it all over again. But I keep getting non-stop match-making erros so I can't even regain that lost experience. Son of a fucking bitch.

it's really a shame about how unbelievably fucking shit the bosses are in this game. they look nice and all, but all of them can seriously completely fucking fuck off and go to fucking hell.

A few points off for some shitty campaign events (races). It's one of the best multiplayer games ever made imo. Flawless netcode (like "how the fucking fuck did they fucking do this" flawless).

Fucking Iron Maiden...

Tokubetsu

Get disconnected with 60 seconds left in the game, FML.

If one thing that kinda bugs me, is that it's sometimes hard to finish people off. I can't tell you how many times I've got someone down to a sliver to have some teammate swoop in for the kill, or to all of a sudden lose half my health. It's hard to know whats going on.

Also, fuck Axel.

Hulud

The unlock system in this game is fucking horseshit. Bungie the god of all competitive MP games ordains that unlocks in competitive MP games should be fucking COSMETIC god damnit.

The game itself is real fun though. :)

rCIZZLE

The unlock system in this game is fucking horseshit. Bungie the god of all competitive MP games ordains that unlocks in competitive MP games should be fucking COSMETIC god damnit.

The game itself is real fun though. :)

Really the only negative thing about the unlocks is Talon since he's very fucking cheap when he can just sit on buildings and special poach all day. Cs >>>>> halo btw.

Riposte

I would love to see more modes for this. Wouldn't mind one where you could buy items on respawn or at a base with points/money you earned during the match.

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
Getting sick of these level one cars. I want to play as Sweet or Dark. I have all level one unlocked cars, do I need two unlock tokens to get a level two car? Cause I just spent one on a killstreak bonus!!!!!!!!!!!

Helscream

Banned
Sigh what in the hell. Some fucking bug or connection related issue. I just keep running over items and I don't pick up shit. Nothing like running over a health pack only to realize it didn't do shit and you die. Guess I will just have to fight with my sidearm it seems.

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
My thoughts on Axel:

His Main Special is overpowered when it is working but sometimes you roll over someone and get nothing.

His Alt Special (Typical Main Axel Special) seems on the weak side even when fully charged.

His jump, which bounces you like 30 feet in the air, while great in some instances is horrible when you just need a small jump to get barely up a curb or for example, jumping for the health pack in mid air above the stadium.

Tokubetsu

My thoughts on Axel:

His Main Special is overpowered when it is working but sometimes you roll over someone and get nothing.

His Alt Special (Typical Main Axel Special) seems on the weak side even when fully charged.

His jump, which bounces you like 30 feet in the air, while great in some instances is horrible when you just need a small jump to get barely up a curb or for example, jumping for the health pack in mid air above the stadium.

I actually saw someone try for that health today as Axel and just miss it...by a mile. I laughed.

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
I actually saw someone try for that health today as Axel and just miss it...by a mile. I laughed.

Yeah, that was me, no doubt. Freaking Axel has his Air Jordan's on. I should just press jump when I am still on the field before I even hit the bleachers.

i'm really surprised they gave check points for the Iron Maiden fight, if not i would still be raging hard at that level.

half way threw dollface , happy yet :( its almost over

only played 1 online match in the 10 times i tried playing online 0_O the fuck

BHK3

Banned
Yeah, that was me, no doubt. Freaking Axel has his Air Jordan's on. I should just press jump when I am still on the field before I even hit the bleachers.

THAT WAS YOU?

I WAS CHASING YOU THEN YOU JUMPED AND CAME DOWN AND YOU HAD MORE HEALTH I WAS LIKE :O

Unicorn

Dude. Fuck the final fucking event for Dollface. I thought the race event was shit, this takes the fucking cake. Probably the worst designed gaming segment in the past decade. I would have rather had repetitive arena fights the whole time if this was my only alternative.

How the flying fuck do I score damage in the 3rd phase?
I shoot the sweetbots until they turn to bombs, but when I pick them up and try to drop them in the hole, they just bounce off the side of the giant skull-head-thing.
WAT DO?

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
THAT WAS YOU?

I WAS CHASING YOU THEN YOU JUMPED AND CAME DOWN AND YOU HAD MORE HEALTH I WAS LIKE :O

Actually I timed that jump just right (felt sort of epic). I went for that health like six times that match and failed miserably once or twice thinking that if I hit the jump buttons softer I would jump softer....I was wrong.

Unicorn

hmmmmmm no one enjoys the race events? i found those really fun, can racing be online?

The other ones were fun. Dollface was just "memorize the placement and if you miss one jump restart. Then 3 times I got them all then an AI got the bomb thing not even 5 seconds after I got the last checkpoint. Just bullshit.

Grayman

hmmmmmm no one enjoys the race events? i found those really fun, can racing be online?

I really liked the first race I played. I have not continued with the campaign or seen seen the mode available anywhere else. Everything was getting crazy at the start and then I saw Sweet Tooth run by in robot form!

Dug

Banned
Just LISTENING to my friend play this game makes me want to play it, luckily I have a $25 GameStop coupon lying around. Anyone know how long the online community for this might last?

I think there is something going on with the skin site. I upload a skin, I can see it then I click build my vehicle and it just dies. Tried on 2 different browsers. I never get to add to my garage.

Top Bottom