• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal |OT| Don't Eat. Don't Sleep. Play

RagnarokX

Yup. Glad they caught that in Q&A. Sucks though that we're going to have to wait a lot longer now. Oh well. I've been having good luck lately so I'll survive.
Quality Assurance, not Questions and Answers :p

Shadow is awesome. You can even find a nice safe spot and fire a coffin bomb across the map using the radar to aim. Set up bombs in narrow passages and one shot Reapers.

cametall

Finally beat the game on normal. People who unlocked Warthog are either God like or extremely patient because I cannot see myself unlocking him.

Finally beat the game on normal. People who unlocked Warthog are either God like or extremely patient because I cannot see myself unlocking him.

Yeah lol. I've gotten gold on every event on Twisted but the last two bosses and I simply don't have the patience to try for it again. Warthog sucks anyways, Shadow FTW

RagnarokX

Dudeeeeeee did u get that from the 1v1?? Sounds like I missed my opportunity, that looks real cool!

Nah, I got it from Shoot My Truck. I tweeted that Jaffe should put a dunk tank with the G4 reviewer on it and let us throw balls at it and he said I got an RC truck. Totally cool.

btkadams

uhhh guys? i opened my brand new copy of twisted metal from futureshop, and the only things inside the case were the twisted metal black code and the starhawk multiplayer skin code. where is the online pass?

bonesquad

uhhh guys? i opened my brand new copy of twisted metal from futureshop, and the only things inside the case were the twisted metal black code and the starhawk multiplayer skin code. where is the online pass?

Check the back of the instruction manual. If it isn't printed there... then panic.

btkadams

Check the back of the instruction manual. If it isn't printed there... then panic.

duhdoi, i'm dumb ha. i forgot my friend took out the manual last night. i looked in the case and there was no manual and i was freaking a bit ha. thanks for reminding me!

Unicorn

Fuck brothers Grmm on twisted. I know it only gets worse.

Freeze shoul work on them. Its fucking EMP. It doesn't give a fuck about armor. I HAVE to have boost to even keep up.

Rattles

Fuck brothers Grmm on twisted. I know it only gets worse.

Freeze shoul work on them. Its fucking EMP. It doesn't give a fuck about armor. I HAVE to have boost to even keep up.

I didn't have any trouble with them, First road block was the mean juggernauts and now im at a dead end with the carnival of stupid...

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/g82rkb

Jaffe says they've updated the nuke stats.
Hmm still not sure on some of those. Hit Base With Missile I was more thinking 100xp, It's only going to get harder with players getting used to nuke but hey guess we'll see.

Unicorn

Thank God it's over. it's so fucking random, gotta wait for a period where he just fucking sits still or just rotates in place. Fuck this archaic "story" mode. The voice overs before each level is FUCKING dreadful. Especially after Sweet Tooth's mid movie, the next level intro is fucking awkward and character breaking as fuck. The Calypso Sweet Tooth dialogue then is just shit-tastic.

Honestly, I feel this structure is an absolute collapse backwards. The arena style progression of previous titles worked because you were learning as you played, it was the actual game you will be playing post story (MP or otherwise). These things we're forced to do in this TM just pulls out all the things the game isn't meant to do and puts them on a glowing pedestal. What the flying fuck were they fucking thinking? I mean, really.

I am not looking forward to the other 2 campaigns on Twisted just to get Warthog. "Story" mode is a travesty. When Multiplayer works, it's fucking great. Challenge mode is good fun too, to learn maps, weapon placement, and potential strategies and choke points. Training mode teaches you nothing but how to push buttons. It puts no context into what you're doing. If they wanted to mix things up, do some 1v1 matches in the singleplayer to teach players certain tactics. Perhaps, "You can only absorption shield, absorb Reaper's flamesaw and launch a fully charged stalker to defeat your opponent." Or even, "You are Reaper, You only have shotgun ammo, defeat Darkside/Juggernaut while navigating the canal channels in Watkyn's Harbor," for a nice homage to Terminator. Things like that would be a welcome mix-up to the DM style of old. This would promote different ways to play the core game without hamfisting weird ass ways of playing how this game wasn't meant to be played, (i.e. Grimm Fight, 2nd part).

Yeah, I'm fucking raging right now, but it's given me some great clarity on why the shit in SP is just dreadful.

Also, Looks like I'll be trying some NUKE later on.

RagnarokX

I didn't have any trouble with them, First road block was the mean juggernauts and now im at a dead end with the carnival of stupid...

Hmm still not sure on some of those. Hit Base With Missile I was more thinking 100xp, It's only going to get harder with players getting used to nuke but hey guess we'll see.

Yeah, I agree. At least 100xp for hitting a statue with a missile, but I think they are afraid that if they make it that high then everyone will fight over sacrifices instead of playing classes. When I play deathmatch I can get over 1,000XP in a 10 minute deathmatch. Nuke takes much longer and even though I tend to score most of the successful missile hits on my team when I play nuke I'm lucky to get 500XP.

prwxv3

Yeah, I agree. At least 100xp for hitting a statue with a missile, but I think they are afraid that if they make it that high then everyone will fight over sacrifices instead of playing classes. When I play deathmatch I can get over 1,000XP in a 10 minute deathmatch. Nuke takes much longer and even though I tend to score most of the successful missile hits on my team when I play nuke I'm lucky to get 500XP.

Talons need to fucking stop taking the leaders.

RagnarokX

Yeah, I hate that. Are there points for airlifting teammates to hard to reach leaders? Cuz there should be. Like if a Talon picks up a teammate, and then that teammate gets a leader, points given. Often in nuke I find myself playing Crimson Fury during the offensive round, then killing myself and picking a better defense round vehicle like Talon.

Unicorn

Any idea when the next patch is due?

They just recently changed the experience values for NUKE, since that could be done without a patch, but the actual patch that was supposed to hit Friday got delayed because it caused a new bug that if Shadow used the alt Special it would instantly freeze/crash the game.

So, it's been pushed to next week where they will hopefully fix that and perhaps add some other stuff to the patch. So, maybe next weekend.

Bebpo

Banned
Finished Sweettooth's campaign and it was a lot of fun outside the boss which was kind of grindy.

Started Mr. Grimm's campaign and getting absolutely destroyed on the first map vs the two juggernauts. Does the difficulty level jump each story?

Unicorn

Finished Sweettooth's campaign and it was a lot of fun outside the boss which was kind of grindy.

Started Mr. Grimm's campaign and getting absolutely destroyed on the first map vs the two juggernauts. Does the difficulty level jump each story?

More like the bullshit level jumps each story. Yes, each story gets progressively more "challenging."

DXPett1

Try getting friendly with Talon and just focus on the Juggernauts

cametall

Co-Op mode

I finally got a friend over to do some co-op. As bad as he is, once I put him in Talon (with me driving Juggernaut) we have been wreaking face, Gold medals have never seemed so easy to get.

Except we're stuck on the second race event because he either can't get in the top 4 or stay alive long enough to finish.

We had a helluva time with The Brothers Grimm... Iron Maiden and the last boss will be interesting...

Good point, make XP too high and people wont work together and may even sabotage teammates. Fun first, right?

I still vote that Talon spawns are limited to 2 or 3 for the whole team.

I finally got a friend over to do some co-op. As bad as he is, once I put him in Talon (with me driving Juggernaut) we have been wreaking face, Gold medals have never seemed so easy to get.

Except we're stuck on the second race event because he either can't get in the top 4 or stay alive long enough to finish.

We had a helluva time with The Brothers Grimm... Iron Maiden and the last boss will be interesting...

Right? Gold medals are a piece of cake, but I too suffer from Inferior Partner Syndrome. My sister is terrible and I'm going to rage any second on her gameplay lol. But we've dominated. Right now we are stuck at the dreaded Dollface boss, specifically the part where she has to stay in the ring.

As for the second race, your partner does NOT have to win the race, just you do. When you enter the arena your partner automatically gets put into the final event.

What I do in races is have my sister damage as many people as she can at the start, freeze some dudes too, then I make her slowly make her way through the checkpoints because if she were to try to race, she'd miss all the checkpoints.

...So today I was playing Battlefield and tried to do a jump with the humvee

I also found out that I am no longer "OK" with the online pass. Took my TM to a friend's house and not only could we not access the online, but even when I logged on to my own account, I was required a pass code. Wtf? It's too bad because he likes it and has gotten used to it, but I cant show him Nuke mode or the thrill of playing with other players.

BHK3

Banned
Haven't played it for a while, really burnt myself out on it and got super pissed at the stats never updating so I'm just waiting for a patch to fix all this.

I saw this in the store yesterday. I didn't know it was out. I went right home to download the demo. There is no demo. I did some research on it. Yeah, stupid all over. I researched the game. Not looking good. I was going to wait for 40$ or below but impressions, reviews, and no demo make this a 20$ or less.

Seriously. No demo? Ugh.

Unicorn

LOL...fucking GOLD!!!

Damn PSN maintenance on weekend! WTH? 200 xp away from Tier 2......SOOOOOOoooo closeeeeeeeee!!

Yeah, weekend Maintenance is such a terrible idea.

Started working on a Mr. Slam skin for RoadBoat, but with PSN down I cannot see what it would look like in-game. So, I'll fine tune it and stuff tomorrow night, perhaps.

Rattles

I also found out that I am no longer "OK" with the online pass. Took my TM to a friend's house and not only could we not access the online, but even when I logged on to my own account, I was required a pass code. Wtf? It's too bad because he likes it and has gotten used to it, but I cant show him Nuke mode or the thrill of playing with other players.[/B]

Cant you just go into ur download list on the ps store redownload the online pass? Im sure you can.

bonesquad

.@SUKMYTURBAN My comment on Talon is as follows:

1- once we get the online a bit more stable (prob next patch which should hit this week) we'll move into balance and tuning and bug issues. Talon is something we will look at in this phase.

2- The first step will be- I hope- to place icons on Talon so on the HUD you will see a little COPTER icon replace the triangle icon so players will have a better awareness of Talon at all times vs. right now where it's easy for players to forget Talon is up there.

3- After that change, we will assess Talon. However, it's important to understand that other than exploits people have brought up (rooftops HUNTED where a Talon can rack up a winning score and then go hide), I am inclined to NOT NERF TALON. We WILL NERF him if he is actually unbalanced. We will NOT NERF him if the reason he is such a strong vehicle right now is that many players are too lazy to figure out how to fight him. For example:

In the first few minutes of the video you linked me, Talon Chain Guns an ambulance to death down below. Ambulance could have easily gone into the church that was mere feet away from him where Talon can't go. Or the school that was also a few more feet away. Inside both are weapons and health as well as the opportunity to store up a freeze which will bring Talon out of the sky.

But the driver of the ambulance- who can tell he is being attacked by Talon from the visual- just drives back and forth, back and forth. To me, that doesn't mean Talon is over powered. It just means the driver of the ambulance is not very bright.

Again, genuine balance issues with ALL vehicles need to be addressed and we will do our best to get to them all. But I'm in no way behind nerfing cars so that mouth breather players can feel better about themselves. There are already lots of mega successful games out there that do that and I don't see the need to make this game that.

David

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/g8jjue

My problem with Talon isn't that I can't deal with them. My problem is that it's no damn fun to deal with Talon. This isn't Battlefield. TM is a ground based vehicular combat. That's why TM is fun. And what if you're not near a school or church? You're dead. So then don't go out in the wide open when Talon's around? Exactly. Just another reason why Talon always ruins the fun.

The Talon icon would be a nice addition. Though all that said my biggest gripe are the auto mega guns Talon and Sweet Bot have. Fix that and all is well. Either their mega guns shouldn't auto track me on the ground, or my mega guns should be able to auto track them into the air. (Not bitter at all...)

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/g8jjue

My problem with Talon isn't that I can't deal with them. My problem is that it's no damn fun to deal with Talon. This isn't Battlefield. TM is a ground based vehicular combat. That's why TM is fun. And what if you're not near a school or church? You're dead. So then don't go out in the wide open when Talon's around? Exactly. Just another reason why Talon always ruins the fun.

The Talon icon would be a nice addition. Though all that said my biggest gripe are the auto mega guns Talon and Sweet Bot have. Fix that and all is well. Either their mega guns shouldn't auto track me on the ground, or my mega guns should be able to auto track them into the air. (Not bitter at all...)

Well put. Talon is no fun to deal with, and if they are on the other team I'm stuck spending the match dealing with him.

Needs to be some balancing, either in limiting the spawns, or something

Rattles

Just beat carnival of stupid on twisted difficulty.... Thank fuck that is over. They can go stick the the campaign up thier arse that shit was not fun at all such bullshit!

Rant over.

Riposte

I lost my progress on the "play everyday for 30 days" achievement because of PSN maint. Well, at least I can play on days I want to and not get distracted from school work.

I lost my progress on the "play everyday for 30 days" achievement because of PSN maint. Well, at least I can play on days I want to and not get distracted from school work.

imo that trophy should read "Log on to the Twisted Metal online servers on 30 different days". Would really take some of the pressure off while still serving the same purpose.

KuroNeeko

Ran into a dude the other day with a 100% skill rating. He was running Sweet Tooth and basically playing him like a low-flying, Talon with the ability to transform into vehicle mode. Kind of makes me wonder about the decision to allow flight in game.

:p

Top Bottom