• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Community Thread: We're Here Forever

Nearly though Nonon might've evolved there, as there was a slight freeze in the script as soon as evolution started.

But nope, couldn't be one of those long freeze, you know

Crayolan

qORIdUO.png

Next evolution will be successful, I guarantee it.

Temathael

Forcing the trolls to "lose" this round or the others to essentially become evolution canceling trolls for the remainder of Black. That's kind of... genius? or something.

And we are finally at Elite 4!
Edit: Okay, Terrakion detour.

Edit2: Blacked out to Terrakion, time to face the league now for reals.

qORIdUO.png

Next evolution will be successful, I guarantee it.
Nope, still can't get evolutions. Now everybody wants to cancel them except trolls... And me apparently. It really sucks too because we aren't getting experience on the E4 with anybody but tranquil, druddigon, and zebstrika right now. We'll probably see a PC dump soon, which is very dangerous.

Nope, still can't get evolutions. Now everybody wants to cancel them except trolls... And me apparently. It really sucks too because we aren't getting experience on the E4 with anybody but tranquil, druddigon, and zebstrika right now. We'll probably see a PC dump soon, which is very dangerous.

You do realize, none of the trolls are going to let something like Tranquil or Nonon evolve

It will be Deerling or Joltik

EDIT: sorry for double post
EDIT2: So we just encountered Terrakion, brought it down to red health, and ran

Deerling evolving would be huge, honestly. It would make it another max evolution with type coverage we sorely need. Joltik or nonon would probably be the worst case scenarios. Nonon would still be fairly gimped at its second evolution and Joltik would be a bit redundant with the fully evolved Zebstrika. Tranquil probably doesn't need to evolve either, as it will probably be able to sweep the fighting type leader in 5-10 levels.

Shit

This post will be used to gradually try and catch up to all the art I never posted
Which means ~8 days since my last major art post

Fuck yeah post game is being considered

6yg151F.png

IKieVXQ.png

Possible TPPXY, details by guy planning to do this, ONLINE will be going on as iirc this relies o a physical 3ds

Thoughts On Our Team Members by Griever 13_37

Jimmy's True Calling (The Hero) by Kelcyus
Prologue To Black- N and His Sisters by Kelcyus
Sisters of N (Before the E4) by Kelcyus
Twitch Pokedex: 350 ENTRIES!! by Kelcyus

Jimmy and Skyla by DirtyTabs

[BLACK COMIC Pt. 3] N Is A Creepy Dude by njike
[Black + Platinum] COMIC - Napoleon Goes On A Trip by njike

Subway Hilda by njike
Part 1 : Resolve
Part 2: Reciprocation

Confidence (Subway Life Pt. 5) by Sorceress_Feraly

Ghetsis and Colress- Released?

Ghestsis and Colress- Antiques and Innovations by Griever 13_37

A Moment of Clarity by BloodyNewMoon

Endless Void by Stevobread

The Expendables- Dilemma by Griever 13_37

The Ultimate Fangasm- (The Misadventures of Jimmy C. Gimmick) by Everyle

Bill Sanctioned Shenanigans: Amber Finds Himself A Partner by ZetsuTheFirst

Red Gold and Green Series by ZetsuTheFirst
~ Fennel Information Highway
- Incomplete (1/4)
- Incomplete (2/4)
- Incomplete (2.5/4)

Doctor Fennel's Guide To A Successful Pokemon Adventure by redwings1340

The Lightstone Incident by redwings1340

Endgame Preparations by redwings1340

Almost Tasty Head by 12qwappy12

The Survivor by cal1pso (Actually really old, just wanted to make sure it had been posted)

Hanging Out With Hilda by DiryTabs

Such a Weird Day by Mesamus\

Considering It's A Bit Quite by Bladeseed

[Black]- Streetpass by njike

Remember When We Had The C-Gear Pt. (1/2)- by GlaceonMyst

5 the Deerling Has a Sassy Nature by DirtyTabs

NON USED HYPER VOICE. HAXORUS BECAME CONFUSED! by cherik

The Voices Aren't Always Great Rolemodels by HedgeMazeExpo

Our Team Changes So Far by liaon

Charger the Zebstika by LeafeonSpring

Hobo Fire Camp by Mesamus

The Death Spiral, How Does It Happen by SlowpokeIsAGamer

~2 and 1/2 hours later, 2 AND 1/2 HOURS LATER, I'm finally done
Starting to really get back into TPP, like the current team.
It makes me somewhat sad that this team will full out be denied evolution, but you have to make tough choices
And this E4 might even require more grinding that Emerald's which I find mind boggling and next to impossible to really think of and consider

Shit

This post will be used to gradually try and catch up to all the art I never posted
Which means ~8 days since my last major art post

Fuck yeah post game is being considered

6yg151F.png

IKieVXQ.png

Possible TPPXY, details by guy planning to do this, ONLINE will be going on as iirc this relies o a physical 3ds

Thoughts On Our Team Members by Griever 13_37

Jimmy's True Calling (The Hero) by Kelcyus
Prologue To Black- N and His Sisters by Kelcyus
Sisters of N (Before the E4) by Kelcyus
Twitch Pokedex: 350 ENTRIES!! by Kelcyus

Jimmy and Skyla by DirtyTabs

[BLACK COMIC Pt. 3] N Is A Creepy Dude by njike
[Black + Platinum] COMIC - Napoleon Goes On A Trip by njike

Subway Hilda by njike
Part 1 : Resolve
Part 2: Reciprocation

Confidence (Subway Life Pt. 5) by Sorceress_Feraly

Ghetsis and Colress- Released?

Ghestsis and Colress- Antiques and Innovations by Griever 13_37

A Moment of Clarity by BloodyNewMoon

Endless Void by Stevobread

The Expendables- Dilemma by Griever 13_37

The Ultimate Fangasm- (The Misadventures of Jimmy C. Gimmick) by Everyle

Bill Sanctioned Shenanigans: Amber Finds Himself A Partner by ZetsuTheFirst

Red Gold and Green Series by ZetsuTheFirst
~ Fennel Information Highway
- Incomplete (1/4)
- Incomplete (2/4)
- Incomplete (2.5/4)

Doctor Fennel's Guide To A Successful Pokemon Adventure by redwings1340

The Lightstone Incident by redwings1340

Endgame Preparations by redwings1340

Almost Tasty Head by 12qwappy12

The Survivor by cal1pso (Actually really old, just wanted to make sure it had been posted)

Hanging Out With Hilda by DiryTabs

Such a Weird Day by Mesamus

Considering It's A Bit Quite by Bladeseed

[Black]- Streetpass by njike

Remember When We Had The C-Gear Pt. (1/2)- by GlaceonMyst

5 the Deerling Has a Sassy Nature by DirtyTabs

NON USED HYPER VOICE. HAXORUS BECAME CONFUSED! by cherik

The Voices Aren't Always Great Rolemodels by HedgeMazeExpo

Our Team Changes So Far by liaon

Charger the Zebstika by LeafeonSpring

Hobo Fire Camp by Mesamus

The Death Spiral, How Does It Happen by SlowpokeIsAGamer

~2 and 1/2 hours later, 2 AND 1/2 HOURS LATER, I'm finally done
Starting to really get back into TPP, like the current team.
It makes me somewhat sad that this team will full out be denied evolution, but you have to make tough choices
And this E4 might even require more grinding that Emerald's which I find mind boggling and next to impossible to really think of and consider
We will beat the elite 4 today since we finally for through three already. We just need to level nonon enough to OHKO chandelure with surf. The real question is how we're going to best the next elite 4. If we don't get reshiram, it will likely require a PC shuffle since it current team at full 100s probably can't do it without evolution.

Yay first E4 win...with a 37% zebstrika as our only pokemon lol

edit: Credit roll!

First try on Ghestis and N too. Although catching Reshiram took a couple of attempts.

Crayolan

Nooo I missed the end. D: I thought it was coming soon, but not that soon. Happy to hear everything went well though. Also surprised to come on to 1300 viewers despite it being over.

So now forced evo black 2 run? :D

Guys. We won. And we started a new game with Dat Booty
chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

Ironically by the end I'm pretty sure there was more backstory on Hilda than on Jimmy.
chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

Nooo I missed the end. D: I thought it was coming soon, but not that soon. Happy to hear everything went well though. Also surprised to come on to 1300 viewers despite it being over.

So now forced evo black 2 run? :D

It's not done yet. We didn't get to the hall of fame. Streamer needs to reopen the save file so we can beat alder.

edit:

ZOMG STREAM OFFLINE!

edit2:

No post-game, Pokemon Black 2 with forced evo's in 8 days

Crayolan

TPP, the pinnacle of maturity:
a8XkCjg.png

Also, this is interesting:

Twitchplayspokemon: okay, so at the end of the Red run I got a lot of messages telling me to do another Red run on TPP's anniversary, if there's still enough interest I intend on putting on a Pokemon Red full anarchy mode run.

12 days huh. Quick!

Fastest TPP run yet, actually. Black is too easy. :p

It's not done yet. We didn't get to the hall of fame. Streamer needs to reopen the save file so we can beat alder.

edit:

ZOMG STREAM OFFLINE!

edit2:

No post-game, Pokemon Black 2 with forced evo's in 8 days

Whaaaat
Booo
I missed the end

But now for the forced evo run. 12 days vs FireRed and Crystal, even with all of our insane struggles, is absolutely ridiculous

Sucks, because Streamer promised us until HoF

Ok, obligatory save file dig through now that it's been released!

IV order (HP/Atk/Def/Spd/Satk/Sdef)

Deerling - 13/8/29/13/30/20
Joltik - 23/23/3/31/0/13
Druddigon - 10/18/1/27/6/12
Zebstrika - 27/18/9/5/12/30
Tranquill - 9/30/30/21/8/1
Tympole - 28/30/22/26/19/3

Special Mentions

Pidove - 6/13/0/6/1/3 (Absolute garbage lol)
Reshiram - 16/17/26/28/20/18

Wow, all the pokemon were about average. Even Reshiram was boring.

My phone was dead so I missed the end. Really sucks that we can't do postgame but it's probably for the best since we're going to do black 2 so soon and there's not much hope of us beating the postgame without totally changing the team or evolving.
Edit: streamer just said to not rule out gen 6 just yet. Megaton.

apotheosiis

Neo Member
Tried to sign up for a NeoGAF account during Red run just to participate in the previous thread(s)... just received my approval now during the break between Black and Black 2. Hopefully there will still be discussion during Black 2 since (I know it's a Twitch glitch) at one point there were only 5 viewers on TPP

Anyway, 2 days left!

Ondore

Predictions for Black 2:
- Tepig doesn't make it to the first badge
- The K-O-F-F-I-NG song causes multiple riots

Crayolan

So apparently we're playing Blaze Black 2 for our Black 2 run:
Lvowp2C.png

I guess this is the streamer's answer to mixing it up for our second run through Unova, since a lot of people didn't want it to be randomized.

For people who don't know, Blaze Black 2 is a romhack of Black 2 which makes the game much harder, adds a lot of nice extras (such as Hoenn gym leaders in the main game), and allows you to catch almost every pokemon in the main game. So long as he doesn't turn on Challenge Mode, we should be fine. Challenge mode in this game is unfairly difficult and hard enough for standard players to get through let alone TPP.

The good thing is that this means we could end up with a hugely diverse team and that we get to have a nice challenge for our final run.

The bad thing is that there are overleveled legendaries and people who hand out starters scattered all over the game, which tempts people to use the PC to get these pokemon. Hopefully forced evolutions will mostly alleviate this issue.

Tried to sign up for a NeoGAF account during Red run just to participate in the previous thread(s)... just received my approval now during the break between Black and Black 2. Hopefully there will still be discussion during Black 2 since (I know it's a Twitch glitch) at one point there were only 5 viewers on TPP

Anyway, 2 days left!

Welcome to gaf! Sucks that you didn't get approved until near the end though.

Predictions for Black 2:
- Tepig doesn't make it to the first badge
- The K-O-F-F-I-NG song causes multiple riots

I like how you assume we will choose Tepig again.

apotheosiis

Neo Member
Blaze Black 2. I guess the increased difficulty prevents us from blasting through another run. This can be good or bad (forcing people to rally together or allowing trolls to stale us indefinitely), but I'm an optimistic guy so I'm hoping it'll lead to more interesting strategy and organized "plans"

Crayolan

Male trainer, aww. We're named ALLQQY(male symbol) and our rival is named Hu.

Also....
KWyuYvV.png

Edit: Nevermind, now we're a female named CL Y with a rival named HughMR.

So CLY and Humor? Now let's NOT choose Tepig.

To me, one of the funniest moments of, I think it was Emerald, was the entire mob somehow ending up making the protagonist climb into her rival's bed.

The jokes that came from that were quite hilarious, as were the ensuing characterizations of the protagonist.'

PS, for those curious about the protagonist's exact name this time around but unable to watch the stream, we have a female trainer named, and I quote. "CL Y.,".

The quotes and period at the end aren't a part of the name, but the comma and period inside, in addition to the letters, are.

Worst thing is that it was at oshawott for two selections then cancelled back to tepig for another two and it went through.

Wait, this might be a forced Evo run.

We might actually get real pokemon.

Top Bottom