• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Community Thread: We're Here Forever

Crayolan

Some art. Looks like people have stuck to the name Jimmy C. Gimmick for our protagonist and Commander Bacon for our Tepig.

Rw9TNP6.png

Source

tumblr_n77bgvKkSH1qdo27co1_r1_500.png

tumblr_n77bgvKkSH1qdo27co2_400.png

Source

Qt4Gjet.jpg

Source

5l9Fr3S.jpg

Source

Did any of those ever go anywhere? It'd be super interesting if one was still running after all this time.

I believe these all died off by the end of Emerald. The only recent one was Twitch Tests XY, which proved that the streamer could do TPPXY if he was willing to do the work to make it happen.

Maybe this will finally make the steamer do something about the trolls. Or he'll just ignore it like always and wait until everybody stops watching. It would be nice if somebody had an alternative with moderators.

iKkCPJi.png

There's no reason for streamer not to do this since people have already found the cheatcodes for him and the C-gear is completely useless for us.

PBalfredo

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ PRAISE STREAMER ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

Now that we've awakened from the horrible virtual world and have to face horrible reality, Reddit has put together a new plan for our team going forward. Linked since it's a massive image.

PBalfredo

Patrat released, one of the Purrloins stored in the PC, and we just got Pansage back from the daycare with Seed Bomb learned. Our team building is starting to come together.

Watching this stream has made me pick back up my Nuzlocke blind run of Black 2. Got the Driftveil badge, but now I'm sidetracked doing tournaments at the PWT (I don't count faints in non-exp giving battles like the PWT and Battle Subway as deaths). They're pretty fun, especially Rental and Mix tournaments, and if BW2 has more stuff like this, then I'm starting to see why people are down on XY's extra content.

Temathael

Nice to see the other cat go away as well as the patrat (despite her awesome name).

Currently trying to find and catch Sawk. We just found one, but ran away. Oh well.

Sounds like Tepig was released. That was fast.

Edit: Lillipup too. I wonder how feasible it would be for somebody who actually cares about making the experience enjoyable again to make a rival stream. There will never be any consequences for this stuff.

Temathael

The pig was only boxed. Lillipup got released.

My chat is not working either. Was the same yesterday but it started working again after a while.

Edit: Okay, the Live Updater was wrong. Tepig got released : (

The pig was only boxed. Lillipup got released.

My chat is not working either. Was the same yesterday but it started working again after a while.

Nope. Check the live update again.

Edit: Seriously, though, it's just harder and harder to watch. I figured this would happen when most people who didn't want to release everything stopped playing. I still say just let them play it their way and have fun when there's nobody left to troll. I don't think they'll know what to do with themselves.

Between this and the C-Gear issue, hopefully the streamer will finally realize it's time to add in more anti-troll measures. Probably not, though.

It was gonna happen eventually when there would be enough coordinated troll effort to completely release everyone.

This would probably also reduce the number of trolls since they've already gotten what they wanted and now there's nothing else for them to do.

Personally, don't care, I accepted as part of TPP anyways lol.

It was gonna happen eventually when there would be enough coordinated troll effort to completely release everyone.

This would probably also reduce the number of trolls since they've already gotten what they wanted and now there's nothing else for them to do.

Personally, don't care, I accepted as part of TPP anyways lol.
That's the one bright side, the trolls almost always go after one or two pokemona nd then stop suceeding

Just wish streamer would let us soft reset right now

That's the one bright side, the trolls almost always go after one or two pokemona nd then stop suceeding

Just wish streamer would let us soft reset right now

Nah no need for a soft reset. We still have a Purrloin in PC and 2 Tympoles. It's barely workable but workable. Hell even if it goes down to just one pokemon it's just going to drastically extend the run.

Nah no need for a soft reset. We still have a Purrloin in PC and 2 Tympoles. It's barely workable but workable. Hell even if it goes down to just one pokemon it's just going to drastically extend the run.

I'm now hoping they manage to release everything but a tympole and then throw away every ball they get thereafter.

Edit: I think we released a purrloin too, though I'm not sure if it's the same as the one in the PC. I am only following the live updater now.

Temathael

Yes. Even though this is likely the largest catastrophe the stream has ever faced, there is nothing stopping this run from being interesting. It is still only the beginning.
Most of the trolls just have to go away some way or another. And I'm not sure if that's happening anytime soon.

And I really have to get the chat working again, I want to contribute dammit.

Yes. Even though this is likely the largest catastrophe the stream has ever faced, there is nothing stopping this run from being interesting. It is still only the beginning.
Most of the trolls just have to go away some way or another. And I'm not sure if that's happening anytime soon.

And I really have to get the chat working again, I want to contribute dammit.

Right. It would be nice to see some of the big name trolls permanently banned to make a statement, but I really don't think it will happen even it if means we never finish Black.

How I see it trolls will always be there, and pokemon is EXTREMELY forgiving as a game. There will come a point where they'll just get bored with their antics and leave the stream. Sure it might almost mean there are 100 people left on the stream but thats just how it goes.

If trolls kill the run then they kill it, we're at gen 5 anyways which is pretty impressive as is. Whatever happens I take it as is and wait to see how things go after that. Trying to expect a good run is easily the last of my expectations for TPP. Moment you have anything with less than 100% control then it can always go to disaster levels.

How I see it trolls will always be there, and pokemon is EXTREMELY forgiving as a game. There will come a point where they'll just get bored with their antics and leave the stream. Sure it might almost mean there are 100 people left on the stream but thats just how it goes.

If trolls kill the run then they kill it, we're at gen 5 anyways which is pretty impressive as is. Whatever happens I take it as is and wait to see how things go after that. Trying to expect a good run is easily the last of my expectations for TPP. Moment you have anything with less than 100% control then it can always go to disaster levels.

That's the thing, though. Trolls will never be bored. They're the only group that has consistently been there 24/7 throughout every run, especially after Crystal. Even if they are the only ones inputting and get bored and leave, they'll come back as soon as non-trolls do. I've noticed a trend in trolls: they almost always have some kind of drug reference in their names or in their posting styles. They're likely stoners that sit at home all day and have nothing better to do.

That's the thing, though. Trolls will never be bored. They're the only group that has consistently been there 24/7 throughout every run, especially after Crystal. Even if they are the only ones inputting and get bored and leave, they'll come back as soon as non-trolls do. I've noticed a trend in trolls: they almost always have some kind of drug reference in their names or in their posting styles. They're likely stoners that sit at home all day and have nothing better to do.

Oh there will be always trolls, I didn't say anything about ALL of them going, just expected a reduced number and probably reduced coordination. Right now they're probably more coordinated than ever since they never had a genuine release wave in awhile. It's more or less pent up energy.

Oh there will be always trolls, I didn't say anything about ALL of them going, just expected a reduced number and probably reduced coordination. Right now they're probably more coordinated than ever since they never had a genuine release wave in awhile. It's more or less pent up energy.

Right, but I don't think they'll reduce in number at all. If anything, the number of trolls has increased every run.

Crayolan

What the hell? All three good ones released? What were we even doing at the PC? I know we had to get rid of the tympoles eventually but why didn't we do it with mail, or with daycare assistance? The releases aren't even sad anymore, it's just expected bullshit.

And there goes Tympole. RIP.

The tympoles are pretty worthless since they can't evolve. The monkey was our best bet since it was a stone evolution, but nope, now we're fucked. We might as well release everything else just to clear out the boxes and start fresh, there's nothing worth keeping without tepig, pansage, and lillipup.

What the hell? All three good ones released? What were we even doing at the PC? I know we had to get rid of the tympoles eventually but why didn't we do it with mail, or with daycare assistance? The releases aren't even sad anymore, it's just expected bullshit.

They were trying to deposit something in daycare. I think they wanted to deposit tympole, though I think depositing pansage and tepig and then playing PC roulette would have been much better considering they were the only 2 that mattered.

Edit: So does that mean we're now down to our last pokemon? Now all they have to do is white out until we're broke to make the game near-impossible to continue.

Near impossible, but still possible. Just means stupidly long grinding.

Stream will probably dip down to the mid hundreds if we're down to one pokemon trying to grind it up to be able to advance and kill trainers for cash. It's just part of the ride lol.

With evolutions being even more difficult in this gen and tympole's ridiculously low base stats, there's not much hope for it going anywhere by itself.

With evolutions being even more difficult in this gen and tympole's ridiculously low base stats, there's not much hope for it going anywhere by itself.

Well, extreme case go back to stupidly low level wild pokemon and work your way up. Like I said, it's still possible just extremely time consuming. We're easily looking at a few days extension at least. It's possible, just not yet impossible.

Well, extreme case go back to stupidly low level wild pokemon and work your way up. Like I said, it's still possible just extremely time consuming. We're easily looking at a few days extension at least. It's possible, just not yet impossible.

I guess the only way we'll be truly stuck is if we get to a point where we release everything but something really low-level in our PC when we're somewhere far enough away that we can't make it back to a lower-level area without crossing grass where we black out because are too slow to run away AND we have no money for balls AND we have no items to sell AND we're in an area where we can't get new balls. Sadly I could still see that happening this run.

I guess the only way we'll be truly stuck is if we get to a point where we release everything but something really low-level in our PC when we're somewhere far enough away that we can't make it back to a lower-level area without crossing grass where we black out because are too slow to run away AND we have no money for balls AND we have no items to sell AND we're in an area where we can't get new balls. Sadly I could still see that happening this run.

When that happens then we're done for sure unless someone figures out some obscure method of being able to get more pokemon, after which if that option is gone then it's a stuck game. By that point though hopefully someone would come out with their own method of TPP, since to even reach that point will take awhile even with trolls. Trolls will actually have to play the game properly to a certain degree to reach the point of being permanently stuck.

Takashi

Pokemon single player has never been impossible. Just takes enough grinding to beat trainers, get money, buy balls. Rinse and repeat. If it gets to a truly impossible point, maybe the streamer can load a save state, or at the least move the player to an easier area.

If anything, it's stuff like the Entralink and the releases that sometimes make runs more interesting cause it's cool seeing how everyone bounces back and overcomes it.

Crayolan

The evolution issue is really the biggest one. If we didn't have to constantly worry about things never evolving, then we wouldn't feel the need to deposit everything that has to evolve to be good. If our team could evolve not many people would mind having a tympole or a cat or whatever else.

I wonder if it'd be possible for someone else to set up a moderated TPP stream and somehow convince the current viewers to move to their stream.

The evolution issue is really the biggest one. If we didn't have to constantly worry about things never evolving, then we wouldn't feel the need to deposit everything that has to evolve to be good. If our team could evolve not many people would mind having a tympole or a cat or whatever else.

I wonder if it'd be possible for someone else to set up a moderated TPP stream and somehow convince the current viewers to move to their stream.

That's what I'm really hoping for.

Edit: We're in real trouble. We're too weak to beat the trainer blocking the grass where we're trying to catch stuff.

http://www.reddit.com/r/twitchplayspokemon/comments/28b40t/options_coming_up/
I just checked The only other gift pokemon we get normally are Archen, Tirtouga (fossils), and the Larvesta from an egg you need to backtrack for
Unless based stream uses actionreplay again to help us get Zorua in Castelia city (next town), although it's level 10
So guys, tirtouga or archen?
One is a frail stalinking that becomes a sunhine/sparkles when under half hp, and the other is an all around decent/great tank/sweeper
They are both after castelia city, iirc, so we could get them, go back to the town lenora is, and have oursleves a level 25 pokemon
Additionally, streamer might possibly give us access to the Victini event, where we can get a level 15 victini and if we fail on catching it, we can keep trying
On top of that, the areas coming up are FILLED with pokemon that are amazing in game, most notably Sandile (2 evolutions D:, base72 attack and two great abilities in moxie and intimidate), Scraggy (late evolution sucks, butbase 75 attack and base 70 defense and special defense are great) and Darumaka (1 evolution, incredibly powerful for an NFE with 90 base attack and hustle)
Finally, there is sigilyph, ultra rare but has no evolutions and has a great BST and movepool
All the level up movesets for these pokemon:
Sandile (level 15-18 route 4; 20 desert resort)- http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Sandile_(Pokémon)/Generation_V_learnset#By_leveling_up
Darumaka (level 15-18 route 4; 20 desert resort)- http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Darumaka_(Pokémon)/Generation_V_learnset#By_leveling_up
Victini (get at level 15)- http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Victini_(Pokémon)/Generation_V_learnset#By_leveling_up
Scraggy (15-18 route 4; 20 desert resort) - http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Scraggy_(Pokémon)/Generation_V_learnset#By_leveling_up
We're not there yet, but I've often thought of the areas coming up as the holy grail of useful and great pokemon. Not mentioned were Dwebble and Maractus, two pokemon that are also great. No matter what we catch in these areas, we'll have useful party members
If we're going to be stuck here as well, roggenrola and timburr are great pokemon to get, although they need a trade evolution for their final forms

Well, right now our team doesn't look so bad.

Tympole, Venipede, 2 Pidoves, Petilil, Cottonee.

Definitely salvagable with having a Petilil and Cottonee since all they need are stones to evolve. However they're both grass which makes it bad to rely on them too much. (Although a Lilligant/Whimsicott team would be interesting to see)

The others are all 3 stage evos which makes it rather difficult seeing them get any evolutions.

Well, right now our team doesn't look so bad.

Tympole, Venipede, 2 Pidoves, Petilil, Cottonee.

Definitely salvagable with having a Petilil and Cottonee since all they need are stones to evolve. However they're both grass which makes it bad to rely on them too much. (Although a Lilligant/Whimsicott team would be interesting to see)

The others are all 3 stage evos which makes it rather difficult seeing them get any evolutions.

Petilil especially might be really great

We have two quandaries, first, outside of the ability pickup and dust clouds, we can only find one sun stone in Nimbasa City before the post-game

In this situation I would prioritize evolving petilil due to better base stats

However, in this is another quandary
Examine petilil's and lilligant's movepools
Petilil
Lilligant

And you see the problem. PErsonally, I feel going for quiver dance would be best, and that a movepool like Giga Drain, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed/a TM, and Quiver Dance would be ideal, with PEtal Dance possibly replacing one of the non-QD moves (Giga Drain got a buff this gen, remember that, and it's a significant power buff)

At the very least we know petal dance is preferred over leaf storm for TPP

Murder Monday ART
We Gave It Our Best by the_disreputable_dog (3rd in a series actually; in comments)

When the sidebar image is no longer relevant - "screw it, I'm outta here!" by DirtyTabs (PErsonally a giant fan of this interpretation)

Massacre Monday is Suffering by Helixian

[BLACK Comic Pt 2] Jimmy + Friends Start an Adventure by Njike

Ghetsis and Colress - Amanita Listens to Queen by Griever 13_37

Red, Gold, and Green - Yoink! by ZetsuTheFirst (Reall confused as to where he's taking this, although I trust that he has an endgame to all of this)

Nonon the Tympole by GXRevolution

Looks like we made it past the forest, in addition we lost one of our pidoes

And it also looks like we have a new custom for when we fight Plasma members

└༼ຈل͜ຈ༽┐♫ EVERYONE DO THE RIOT DANCE! ♫ ┌༼ຈل͜ຈ༽┘
└༼ຈل͜ຈ༽┐♫ EVERYONE DO THE RIOT DANCE! ♫ ┌༼ຈل͜ຈ༽┘

Temathael

The game right now is basically a tug of war between a few griefers (elite_tookis being the worst...) and those who want to advance or do something constructive. The problem seems to be the trolls are much more committed. Well at least we were able to overcome their dedication by just being more numerous. I need a short break, the stream is just madness. -.-

Here, have some sprites of the Heart Gold legendaries:

Right now we're on a catching spree in the desert area, and I actually wouldn't mind too much if we go to PC. Some will call me crazy, bt this is why

Scraggy- base 75 attack and base 70 defense and special defense. Dark/Fighting type. Great learnset. 1 Evolution
Darumaka- base 90 ATTACK and hustle. 1 evolution into DARMANITAN, with an absurb BASE 140 ATTACK, base 95 SPEED, and SHEER FORCE. Ultra powerful moveset
Sadile- Ground/DArk. Great offensive type, great level up moveset. 2 evolutions though
Sigilyph- rare, powerful, 0 evolutions
Dwebble- unique bug/rock, pretty good moveset, great defense
Maractus- a little odder and more specialized, water absorb iirc, grass type, specialized moveset with gems in it
From the relic castle in desert resort, WE CAN GET ONE OF THE TWO FOSSILS. Both have two evolutions. We get both at LEVEL 25. To bring them to life, we go back to NAcrene City and the Museum there
Plume- Archen. Rock/Flying, good offensive types. Hits like a Stalinking on both physical and special side but is frail and hits like sparkles/sunshine when its HP is under half
Tirtouga- Water/rock. Solid typing. Great learnset. A little overlap with tympole. Overall tank+sweeper. Solid Rock as ability
You see what is happening here, it's IMPOSSIBLE to make a wrong move right now
We could also try asking streamer for access to Victini event

Temathael

Well yeah we don't really have anything too good in the team right now. It would be nice to keep either Cottonee or Petilil because we can actually evolve them, but other than that there is nothing to lose using the PC.
Edit: The PC is pretty hard to use tho so it could be possible to just lose everything. Not sure if worth or not.

Well yeah we don't really have anything too good in the team right now. It would be nice to keep either Cottonee or Petilil because we can actually evolve them, but other than that there is nothing to lose using the PC.
Edit: The PC is pretty hard to use tho so it could be possible to just lose everything. Not sure if worth or not.
Even if we lose everything, we can just catch new stuff in the desert area. We really should use the PC.

Top Bottom