• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Community Thread: We're Here Forever

I didn't even see a single b. They're hidden so well when combined with coordinates.

That was a pretty good battle though, Pidove might not completely suck if it could evolve.

Nothing's going to evolve this way. There is way too much time required to evolve this gen. We need to find stuff that doesn't need evolutions.

Looks like we're getting fossils

Tirtouga overall is the better option by far, although he might overlap with Tympole too much

A pokemon like Archen is basically one of the worst fits in existence with TPP

Looks like our Pidove is our new powerhouse, and all the desert crossing has given him the nickname of Bird Moses

And with that name comes 10 commandments
[Disclaimer: THIS IS NOT SERIOUS LORE, I just thought it was funny, take it as lore if you wish, I do believe that Bird Moses is the Prophet of Lord Plume]
And by the way, I think this is more fun to read if you have either memorized or have a copy of the original script at hand.
The commandments
I am the LORD PLUME thy God
Thou shalt have only 10 other gods
No Moon Stones or Dark Gods
Not take the LORD's nickname to the Name Rater
Remember the Massacre Monday
Honor thy Skitty and thy Wailord
Thou shalt not PC
Thou shalt not commit FlareDoof
Don't be a thief!
Thou shalt not bear false witness regarding our Pokemon stored in the PC
Thou shalt freely covet Hilda's ass, or Jimmy's if thou so desires
by DuplexBeGreat

Operation:If You Can't Beat Them, Join Them in a Nutshell by DrollAlloy4

Aftermath, Part 1 by DuplexBeGreat
A Chance Encounter by redwings1340

zAKx9Q8.jpg
Nonon, the lone survivor by azloh

We've Actually had a pretty good track record with birds by SolidGoldMagikarp - Live Updater

During The Ferris Wheel Date With N by aki5 (ys, that's how it's being interpreted, although the chat wanted to kill N the entire time)

Let's Go To the Ferris Wheel! by Cal1pso

Looks like we're getting fossils

Tirtouga overall is the better option by far, although he might overlap with Tympole too much

A pokemon like Archen is basically one of the worst fits in existence with TPP
We should get the fossil, put Lilli in daycare, and box as much as we can. Then catch the rest. Lilli is the only member of our team with long term viability.

We should get the fossil, put Lilli in daycare, and box as much as we can. Then catch the rest. Lilli is the only member of our team with long term viability.

We need to first get the Sun Stone in Nimbasa City and evolve Lilligant
And we need to do this quickly, before or at level 28, to get quiver dance

If we evolve petilil into lilligant before level 28, putting it into the daycare will replace Growth with Quiver Dance, which is a VERY VERY good replacement

Lilligant doesn't learn another move until Petal Dance at 48, so Quiver Dance should be safe
And Petal Dance is very very useful for TPP

EDIT: NOOO YOU STUPID FOOLS, EVEN THE SANE PEOPLE WERE WITH THIS STUPID IDEA, SAVE LILLIL

Location of Sunstone
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nimbasa_City#Items

Those idiots just had to go and prioritise ENERGY BALL over QUIVER DANCE. GIGA DRAIN GOT A BUFF THISGEN

IT's better than energy ball overall thuis gen

And then they say, "it's because it was too late when we took it out of the daycare"
That's why I said, "DON'T GO TO THE DAYCARE"
"It'll only be in there for a few minutes" what bullshit

And they STILL REFUSE TO GET THE SUN STONE

Those idiots just had to go and prioritise ENERGY BALL over QUIVER DANCE. GIGA DRAIN GOT A BUFF THISGEN

IT's better than energy ball overall thuis gen

And then they say, "it's because it was too late when we took it out of the daycare"
That's why I said, "DON'T GO TO THE DAYCARE"
"It'll only be in there for a few minutes" what bullshit

And they STILL REFUSE TO GET THE SUN STONE

You're going to be really sad when it's released, aren't you?

Edit: And just like that, we learned Energy Ball over Giga Drain, keeping helping hand and aromatherapy.

You're going to be really sad when it's released, aren't you?

Edit: And just like that, we learned Energy Ball over Giga Drain, keeping helping hand and aromatherapy.

Don't take yourself out of this, you were a proponent for energy ball too
WHY ARE THEY SO STUPID

HOLY SHIT
NO MORE PLANS FOR PETILLIL, THEY'RE ALL DISASTERS, WE JUST GET THE SUN STONE NOW

I'm not a proponent for energy ball. I was just looking at the bright side considering they already screwed up last night.

Edit: We already have the sun stone. We're probably going to trash it, though, based on the chat right now.

Temathael

So we are trying to use the sun stone now. This could end in disaster and tossing it away.
Let's hope we can do it.

Edit: Sunstone gone :\

Great

now we'll have to get lucky with a dust cloud
Should've listened and gotten the sun stone when we weren't in the peak troll hours

Great...
We should've gone for the sun stone back when we were going for the daycare, back when when weren't in the middle of the peak troll hours
Probably could've managed it back then, but nope, energy ball and the daycare were far too important
Now we need to get lucky and the chargestone cave with dust clouds
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Phenomenon#Dust_cloud
12 stones, 10% chance of finding one
so less than a 1% chance of a dust cloud having a stone
Good job

I say we just do a PC dump and try to find some pokemon that don't require evolutions. Stone evolutions clearly aren't going to work out either.

Trying to push an agenda is how you get disappointed/angry/frustrated at the stream lol.

Anyways, pokemon without evolutions

Sigilyph (Flying/Psychic)
Emolga (Flying/Electric)
Audino (Normal)
Sawk (Fighting)
Throh (Fighting)
Maractus (Grass)
Basculin (Water)
Alomolola (Water)
Cryogonal (Ice)
Stunfisk (Ground/Electric)
Heatmor (Fire)
Durant (Bug/Steel)
Druddigon (Dragon)

There's many good ones to pick although some are pretty late game acquisitions

Trying to push an agenda is how you get disappointed/angry/frustrated at the stream lol.

Anyways, pokemon without evolutions

Sigilyph (Flying/Psychic)
Emolga (Flying/Electric)
Audino (Normal)
Sawk (Fighting)
Throh (Fighting)
Maractus (Grass)
Basculin (Water)
Alomolola (Water)
Cryogonal (Ice)
Stunfisk (Ground/Electric)
Heatmor (Fire)
Durant (Bug/Steel)
Druddigon (Dragon)

There's many good ones to pick although some are pretty late game acquisitions

Sawk is good but isin oc at level 12
Basculin hits hard but is frail
Same with Durant+durant is late game, and the frail but hit hard pokemon aren't really ideal for TPP
Alomolola hits like a cetrpie
Heatmor is pretty good
Druddigon would be amazing
Crygonal would also be pretty great
Stunfisk is... unique, but still petty good
Throh has the same problem as Sawk iirc, but is good otherwise
EMolga is meh
Maractus is pretty good but specialized
Siglyph is amazing on all fronts, and we're at the area where we can get it around (5% chance in desert resort)

EDIT: Success, the EXP Share is now at Venipede, and it's last in the party, we have a real chance of leveling t up and it evolving. In fact, it just replaced screech with poison tail

EDIT2: A wild Z33k33 appears
Morale goes up!

EDIT3: We had a good chance of evolving there had Pidove not also leveled up at the same time

Discordias stopped both evolutions

EDIT4: Looks like the game froze
lol
We've been stuck in the menu for quite some time now

Temathael

I wouldn't mind if democracy made a comeback. With it we could actually evolve our team. Actually I'd love it to come back.

Currently on Elesa's wild ride, battle incoming soon!

Bolt Badge get!

No news on the GC games being on the table err? Hmm interest in TPP dropping , did not care to watch much now. So what happen after black 2? If the streamer just play the other version of Pokemon (Blue , Green , Yellow , G/S etc) i believe the view count will drop below 100 in matters of hours lol

Crayolan

Well we beat her finally. Now this just makes the inevitable PC dump even more painful.

Surprised we beat her already. She was supposed to be the next Wattson! :p

No news on the GC games being on the table err? Hmm interest in TPP dropping , did not care to watch much now. So what happen after black 2? If the streamer just play the other version of Pokemon (Blue , Green , Yellow , G/S etc) i believe the view count will drop below 100 in matters of hours lol

No word on what happens after Black 2. After it's done though I'm guessing viewers will drop to less than half of wherever they are when Black 2 ends.

EDIT: Just sent streamer a message asking for democracy, and I encourage everyone to do this. If enough people ask, given the lower number of viewers, I think we may be able to convince him. Ask him for a day or so of democracy, TPPRed or Crystal style, just to see what people think

Voice your opinions here, want to get a sense as to what the community thinks
http://www.reddit.com/r/twitchplayspokemon/comments/28l47w/serious_question_who_wants_democracy/
If you want democracy, push for it here, get this post the attention of the community

EDIT2: Holy crap, this says it all for me
http://www.reddit.com/r/twitchplays.../i_think_i_just_lost_interest_in_this_stream/

EDIT3: That's it, I'mjust getting more and more depressed about TPP. I give u on trying to do anything through the chat. FUCK ALL THE TROLLS, BRING DEMOCRACY BACK

Clay battle was intense

Now I have to catch up on art and stuff
(Fucking had a huge post that killed the tab)

N Reveals His Identity by BOOXMOWOJ Voon and Sidney: "We'll Always Be Together... Right?" by TheNerdyShadow
Ferris Wheel Foolery by dirtytabs
Just Another Monday- The Misadventures of Jimmy C. Gimmick by Everyle
Bill Sanctioned Shenanigans: One Last Message: Two by ZetsuTheFirst
Subway Hilda Ain't Taking Your Shit bu njike (didn't post alot of these, but intrepretation is Hilda became a hobo after not being chosen but ended up making a crap ton of money of the Battle Subway
Serendipity: The Wrong Choice by FruityParfait (must read right here)
Red, Gold, and Green ~ A Delightful Partnership by ZetsuTheFirst

Bird Moses by circlejourney

We Might Be A Little Obsessed by the_direputable_dog

by Sam-0

YES DODGED SUNNY DAY
BAck to more art

The Hero-King and His Friends by notnowhoney

tumblr_n7di7uCycF1tx3suio1_400.gif

Twitch Plays Pokemon Black In A Nutshell

Fennel: The Doll Mistress of the Entralink by OptimisticPessimistE

Subway Hilda is Going To Wreck You by WaffleFoxAlpha

Ferroseed wrecks us btw

Like I figured, they released Lili and Cover. I still day the rest of us should just so playing. Nothing will change otherwise.

Like I figured, they released Lili and Cover. I still day the rest of us should just so playing. Nothing will change otherwise.

Nothing of major value lost, since we need a sun stone to get petilil evolved and just evolving Tirtouga would be difficult.

On the bright side the team is way better now.

Swapped a Pidove with a Tranquil
Added a Joltik
Added a Zebrastrika

Thats one fully evolved in the team now, and one 2nd stage evo

Yeah but we still have a stage one dove, a stage one venipede, and a stage one tympole. We should have dumped them instead of the plant and turtle, but the trolls only wanted to release the ones we cared about instead of making the team better. We're going to need more PC trips, which means more releases.

Dump a pidove for one of the Boldore's in PC. We can't get a gigalith anyways and we could use a rock typing.

And swap out the venipede for the Sawk.

Need the tympole for HM's, but if we can get HM's on a better pokemon thats fine too. But in terms of PC selection it's all tympoles so it's either use the tympole or go fish/catch another water.

Dump a pidove for one of the Boldore's in PC. We can't get a gigalith anyways and we could use a rock typing.

And swap out the venipede for the Sawk.

Need the tympole for HM's, but if we can get HM's on a better pokemon thats fine too. But in terms of PC selection it's all tympoles so it's either use the tympole or go fish/catch another water.
Easier said than done. We can't use the PC reliably to retrieve something unless we have democracy.

Crayolan

Some randomized gym leader art I realized I never posted during HG:

LBBOYPy.jpg

Steel Type Whitney

MqWtHbf.jpg

Dragon Type Jasmine

CvZgOyY.jpg

Dark Type Clair

There's also Ground Types Bugsy and Will, Psychic Type Koga, and Normal Type Sabrina. Don't wanna put too many images in one post though.

All made by Robot_Bread

And my apathy towards this run continues. Of course they released the best two mons on the team that've basically carried us through the last 2 gyms. I hardly even want to watch until we reach the E4, at least at that point they're less likely to use the PC.

lol apparently more releases and more replacements.

Current team is Tympole, 2 Tranquils, Joltik, Zebstrika, Deerling.

I think this whole run is more or less just going to be dumping everything and catch whats on the route. The only pokemon that has stuck around is the Tympole.

I think this whole run is more or less just going to be dumping everything and catch whats on the route. The only pokemon that has stuck around is the Tympole.
Which is basically what N does in the game.

Nonon is the one consistent survivor

Looks like 30F our Zebstrika is our current powerhouse at level 39, hope he remains at least
'The idiots are already making plans for Druddigon, which would be amazing, but the stupid shuffle coming up AGAIN is already pissing me off

This has been the worst run so far for sure, no doubt about it. And it sucks, because HeartGold was actually a really good run, almost as good as the OG 3

Looks like ALL of our complaints, various different solutions, polls being voted upon were sent to the streamer, as shown HERE

I remember when the attitude was that you stay for the lore. I really really doubt that holds true, because we still get quite a bit of great art and lore, but die-hards are getting exhausted especially this run

Post That Talks About Democracy/Anarchy Dynamic

EDIT: Honestly, if I was a mod or streamer on this, first thing would do is ban emote and especially face emote overuse

I think my main problem is that I can't be apathetic to TPP, I get myself too involved with it.

PBalfredo

Considering our complete inability to evolve our mons, future PC shuffles are pretty much inevitable until we end up catching a team of fully evolved mons near the end game. Shame since Zebrtrika is a great pokemon, but he's surrounded by PC fodder and the chat is fickle and impatient. In turn, Druddigon will live or die by the pokemon that surround him on the team.

Crayolan

After hours of
SoXoIYF.gif
we finally got the 7th badge. Maybe if we're lucky we won't kill off the whole team a 3rd time before reaching Opelucid City.

Which is basically what N does in the game.

Well at least there's something interesting to draw from this. I guess Jimmy just listens to Team Plasma without thinking about it much.

Temathael

My interest to this run is coming back and things are looking better. The team looks pretty good, even though we would have to get super lucky to evolve anything.

Deerling destroying two higher leveled Krokoroks in the Dragonspiral Tower today was a nice moment. Currently we are in Relic Castle falling through quick sand over and over again.

By GXRevolution

Crayolan

Whoa we actually managed to get rid of only the other bird and then catch a Druddigon. Now no more releases pls.

First good thing to happen this run. Also that comic is really nice.

Hopefully we avoid the PC like the plague now. This team is sufficient to beat the game if we choose to mostly rely on Druddigon and Zebstrika. Plus for the final battles we get Reshiram, so that should help.

Druddigon and Zebstrika are easily going to be the main heavyweights, espeically Druddigon. If we can somehow get the others to evolve it would be great. Although I've never cared much about seismitoad and sawsbuck. A Galvantula and an Unfeazant would be fun.

I just realized this

At the rate we're going the streamer may very well implement democracy to get past these sinkholes

If this happens, we have to use that time to our best advantage. As in, don't use it to do that, get our pokemon, especially Nonon and Tranquil, evolving, and quick

We won't have much time, let's use this oppurtunity

I just realized this

At the rate we're going the streamer may very well implement democracy to get past these sinkholes

If this happens, we have to use that time to our best advantage. As in, don't use it to do that, get our pokemon, especially Nonon and Tranquil, evolving, and quick

We won't have much time, let's use this oppurtunity
That's exactly why people have been sending us down the holes. I don't think the streamer will implement democracy just to fight trolls.

Temathael

We finally got past the sand pits. No democracy for us.

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ VICTORY RIOT! ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ

Top Bottom