• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Community Thread: We're Here Forever

Surprisingly, I don't think this has been posted yet:

KWyuYvV.png

Kalos confirmed!

It's also said that if there are enough people still interested by now, he'll start up an all anarchy Red run on the one year anniversary of the original Red run.

Edit: New page! Perfect!

TrickRoom

Tepig again. Oh my god.

This is either going to be a heartwarming redemption story, or an even worse kick-the-dog joke.

This is still a thing, huh?

Question to the regular viewers. How did they handle the parts in the game where you had to move quickly in one direction? Or have they not done those parts? Like, Rayquaza's tower has you on a bike going top speed or you fall to the lower floor. Some areas in some games have traps, like sinkholes and sandtraps and the likes. Just was always a curiosity of mine as to how they'd handle them- or if it just so happens that none of those areas are mandatory.

Question to the regular viewers. How did they handle the parts in the game where you had to move quickly in one direction? Or have they not done those parts? Like, Rayquaza's tower has you on a bike going top speed or you fall to the lower floor. Some areas in some games have traps, like sinkholes and sandtraps and the likes. Just was always a curiosity of mine as to how they'd handle them- or if it just so happens that none of those areas are mandatory.

Well they used to implement democracy for certain parts of the game that required extreme coordination. We haven't had democracy in awhile though.

Aaaand our first catch is a patrat. Now we're likely to load up on shitty route 1 pokemon and when we try to get rid of them Tepig will die. SIGH.

First releaseless run! Every pokemon will just be wonder traded away instead.

Then TPP gets a full team of legendaries due to all the wonder trading. By some miracle it'll be something like Zapdos, Groudon, Mew, Darkrai, Raikou, and Entei

TrickRoom

I can just imagine someone trying to advertise his or her friendcode to be punched into the system if wifi were enabled.

Temathael

Question to the regular viewers. How did they handle the parts in the game where you had to move quickly in one direction? .
Some of the hardest parts were done with democracy. Passing the bike tower in Emerald was not needed to complete the game (and would likely have been impossible). Some parts we just tried countless times in anarchy, like the sand pits at relic castle in Black which took over 24 hours.

I hope forced evolutions are really in. Tepig again FailFish

Crayolan

Well, I'm gonna be away for a week and unfortunately missing a large part of the run.

Good luck with not releasing the whole team this time guys. :p

wmlk

Not trying to sour anything, but for the people still sticking around...is this anywhere near as exciting as it was before? Or are you just sticking around because you love the community? Just wondering since I stopped after Crystal.

Not trying to sour anything, but for the people still sticking around...is this anywhere near as exciting as it was before? Or are you just sticking around because you love the community? Just wondering since I stopped after Crystal.

I stick around for the lore and battles. In terms of excitement it really depends on what you're looking for.

Forced evo's definitely in effect.

Our "top percentage" mareep is now a flaffy. Tepig currently at lvl 16 so evolution is close.

Tepig evolves!

Forgets Tail Whip for Arm Thrust!

PBalfredo

We beat Cheren, evoled Tepig into Pignite and learned Arm Thrust. Rad!

Emboar, Unfezant, Ampharos and Leavanny could make a pretty good core for our team. The main worry is that Patrat and Meowth are prime PC bait.

We beat Cheren, evoled Tepig into Pignite and learned Arm Thrust. Rad!

Emboar, Unfezant, Ampharos and Leavanny could make a pretty good core for our team. The main worry is that Patrat and Meowth are prime PC bait.

Yup, Emboar, Unfezant, Ampharos and Leavanny has a good portion of the game covered. We just need something with ground/rock then a water/ice/dragon. Definitely ice/dragon to deal with Iris.

Only just now got to start watching
Praised Forced Evo, this is amazing

And wouldn't you know it, we're actually maintaining viewers, even have a higher average then near-end (excluding teh urn) of black iirc now that we have forced evolution

I think if advertised well, the anniversary run could have a comparable number of viewers to OG Red run

Toxi

Banned
I dropped after a while, but there were some amazing moments in the runs I watched. My favorite was the ridiculous struggle to beat Emerald's Elite 4.

Really, it's the same as Crystal. It'll never be the same as Red, but that was a perfect storm.

OMG somehow we managed to PC just the stupid patrat and nothing else.

edit:
OMG they even went back and deposited the meowth.

Team is now:

Pignite
Flaffy
Sewaddle
Pidove

2 spots open

edit2:

1 spot taken by TREECKO!

apotheosiis

Neo Member
Forced evolutions may be a necessity if the rom hack is as hard as some sources claim (level 70 to beat elite four on a non-TPP run?).

Temathael

Yeah it looks pretty difficult.

Also, lost the top percentage Flaaffy to a surprise computer in the Pokéstar Studios :(

Interesting team.

Croconaw
Grovyle
Leavanny
Pignite
Tranquill

It's all pokemon Ash used in the anime! Well, in some form or another...

Giving this a slight bump with an update for those who aren't watching.

4 Badges right now

Current team:

Sceptile
Feraligator
Leavanny
Unfezant
Emboar
Zoroark

Giving this a slight bump with an update for those who aren't watching.

4 Badges right now

Current team:

Sceptile
Feraligator
Leavanny
Unfezant
Emboar
Zoroark

The team on paper is one of our better teams assembled. Unfortunately, the trainers all have great type coverage and useful items, which makes it extremely difficult. It's already getting to the point to where we have to be near or over the obey-level for us to win, since we can't make effective use of items (including held items). We may actually need democracy at some point just to properly equip our team.

PBalfredo

Our team is all sort of awesome. Skyla might give us some problems, but otherwise we got a good spread of powerful mons.

And for those who missed it, we just fought Norman and won due to our last standing mon, Clutchbug, clutching the clutchiest clutch ever.

kyPGPKR.png

considering I haven't thought about this place in a month (or more?) how is the meta these days? Still bots running the place or what?

Nope, there's now actually some moderation going. With forced evo's as well, the bots have mostly been booted. If there are some they're very hidden now and not as bad as before

PBalfredo

Between the inclusion of an American timezone moderator to ban bots while the streamer sleeps and forced evolution, and the epic struggles against each gym leader, this run has been golden. We got a great team of full evolutions and no releases so far. That's part of what makes this PC so terrifying. We've been good at keeping things on track so far, even despite the early bot attacks, but now this threatens to throw us off track of a fantastic run.

TrickRoom

That PC proximity was pure evil game design. I breathed a huge sigh of relief when they got past it. To game freak's credit, they've been getting better at not unintentionally making their games mind-hive friendly.

That PC proximity was pure evil game design. I breathed a huge sigh of relief when they got past it. To game freak's credit, they've been getting better at not unintentionally making their games mind-hive friendly.
The irony is that the PC is many to be convenient so they have worked on making them closer to where the player wants to be.

Crayolan

I come back to see that we have an Emboar? Wow, I'm impressed; I was sure it'd be released.

Sucks to see we lost Flaaffy, but our team looks pretty badass right now. Also not a fan of Feraligatr considering we already had one, but whatever. 5 badges in 6 days is pretty decent progress for this game, though I'm guessing Skyla will give us some trouble with her
fucking triple battle
, and even worse, her gym.

Temathael

I was away for few days and apparently we have more or less been stuck at Skyla's gym the whole time (And won the Driftveil tournament also,yippee!).

I'm a tiny bit late on this, but there has now been 150 days of TPP and we have an "Operation Love Bomb" going on to celebrate it.

Tons of artwork
chansub-global-emoticon-577ade91d46d7edc-24x18.png
:

http://imgur.com/a/wTKY9

Crayolan

We just had a really fun ♫ └༼ຈل͜ຈ༽┐♫ VILLAGE DANCE RIOT♫ └༼ຈل͜ຈ༽┐ ♫ at the Village Bridge where we managed to activate all 4 of the musical cues. We're now approaching Drayden's gym, so hopefully he'll be easy when compared to Skyla and her goddamn gym.

Edit: Yep, Drayden beaten in 2 attempts. Skyla was much tougher than him.

Also, probably the best full team art I've seen in a while:
cCYyQBJ.png

Source

I was away for few days and apparently we have more or less been stuck at Skyla's gym the whole time (And won the Driftveil tournament also,yippee!).

I'm a tiny bit late on this, but there has now been 150 days of TPP and we have an "Operation Love Bomb" going on to celebrate it.

Tons of artwork
chansub-global-emoticon-577ade91d46d7edc-24x18.png
:

http://imgur.com/a/wTKY9

Such a nice thing for people to get behind, and SO much art came from it. I think burrito may be getting more art post-crystal then during crystal.

Temathael

Wave Badge get! Four tries. The Elite Four of this romhack looks really scary. It will take a while to be able to beat even one of them.

That team artwork is marvelous.

Top Bottom