• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Community Thread: We're Here Forever

Ironjam

On one hand we couldnt evolve trapinch just now because of B spam, on the other hand it helped us dodge sand-attack. Im conflicted.
We are going really fast though.

On one hand we couldnt evolve trapinch just now because of B spam, on the other hand it helped us dodge sand-attack. Im conflicted.
We are going really fast though.

Trapinch has a pretty great moveset as-is, so missing out on evolutions for a while isn't all that bad if it means we avoid potentially bad move overrides.

ヽ༼︶ل͜︶༽ノ Sleeping riot...zzzzzzz ヽ༼︶ل͜︶༽ノ

C9Ww2QX.png
Bill Sanctioned Shenanigans - Side Effects by ZetsuTheFirst

Bill's fear and terror campaign in Kanto and Johto may have some side effects

TPP Artist Collab Update by KirbyNite

Ruh Roh at Daycare by DirtyTabs

Actually think our team is pretty amazing right now

Crayolan

Church of the Helix Choir released a new song: "Godslayers", about the battle between AJ and Red on Mt. Silver.
http://churchofthehelixchoir.bandcamp.com/track/godslayers

Also, the "choir" is apparently only one person. Which is insane.
http://www.reddit.com/r/twitchplayspokemon/comments/26f1zu/an_update_from_church_of_the_helix_choir/

Groudon retrieved from the daycare, welcome back Kenya!

KENYA RETRIEVED! Now to wreck all the trainers.

Aw yeah! Kenya's back! Now we can brute force our way through our crippling water and ice weaknesses.

Kenya: "Water weakness? What water weakness?"

aR8Zg4W.jpg

Every depiction of mailman Kenya is amazing.

Church of the Helix Choir released a new song: "Godslayers", about the battle between AJ and Red on Mt. Silver.
http://churchofthehelixchoir.bandcamp.com/track/godslayers

Also, the "choir" is apparently only one person. Which is insane.
http://www.reddit.com/r/twitchplayspokemon/comments/26f1zu/an_update_from_church_of_the_helix_choir/

aR8Zg4W.jpg

Every depiction of mailman Kenya is amazing.

Something had been happening to his computer for the past month or so, which was why he couldnt release anything for the other runs

Temathael

Yay, out of the Ice Path.

Time to face Clair soon, if we can beat the ledge that is.

Edit: The HGSS ledge is so much easier :p

So stupid... people intentionally lost the first time when it was just Kenya only to have us unintentionally lose the second time with almost no new experienced gained for anybody but Kenya. I'm looking at you, Crayolan.

I'm not even exaggerating. The trolls are just way too obnoxious and plentiful. Nobody should ever push for anybody to be released. I refuse to watch when 90% of the players are trying to make sure others don't have any fun.

I just can't believe this. There's noway. The stupid fools were going for Dratini for some stupid reason, when we have a larvitar and groudon and trap inch (WHY THE HELL WERE THEY BEING SO STUPIDLY GREEDY)

NO
NOO

AND LARVITAR IS STUCK IN PC
NOOO

If this were TPPRed, this would be the equivalent of BIRD JESUS or BATTERY JESUS BEING RELEASED.

Only things that compare slightly are Abby and Zexy, yet both were still around only 3rd or 4th gym

NOO

Crayolan

Well they released Kenya. Expect viewers to drop off a cliff.

So stupid... people intentionally lost the first time when it was just Kenya only to have us unintentionally lose the second time with almost no new experienced gained for anybody but Kenya. I'm looking at you, Crayolan.

I only spammed agility the first time, not the second. Not that it matters anymore.

I just can't believe this. There's noway. The stupid fools were going for Dratini for some stupid reason, when we have a larvitar and groudon and trap inch (WHY THE HELL WERE THEY BEING SO STUPIDLY GREEDY)

NO
NOO

NOOO

If this were TPPRed, this would be the equivalent of BIRD JESUS or BATTERY JESUS BEING RELEASED.

Only things that compare slightly are Abby and Zexy, yet both were still around only 3rd or 4th gym

NOO

Almost every single person wanting to use the PC was doing it solely for releasing Groudon.

Shinypogs

I don't think the game is winnable now, we're never going to defeat the Red of this run, especially if the streamer hacked in Alice's team.

Why
We had finally stabilized viewer count
noo
Why

WHY WERE WE GOING FOR THE "DRATINI"
I just can't, not anymore, I need to take a break from actively participating in this, just watch the rest of this run like one would a slow motion car wreck

At least there will be a ton of artwork from this, and I mean a TON, but it would require so much more artwork and lore for this run to replace Kenya
Expect a vengeance lore from now on, something about Trapinch having to step up to fulfill Kenya's role as leader, will be shown through his evolving into Flygon (if he does so)

NO KENYA NO
Trolls are pushing me to the brink here

Well they released Kenya. Expect viewers to drop off a cliff.

I only spammed agility the first time, not the second. Not that it matters anymore.

That's why I said "unintentionally lose the second time". Anyway, I'll still pop in here every now and then to see if anything significant happened, but there's no way I can keep watching as long as the obnoxious trolls rule. Ideally, all normal players will just stop playing and let the trolls see how much fun it is when they only have each other to troll.

That's why I said "unintentionally lose the second time". Anyway, I'll still pop in here every now and then to see if anything significant happened, but there's no way I can keep watching as long as the obnoxious trolls rule. Ideally, all normal players will just stop playing and let the trolls see how much fun it is when they only have each other to troll.

Im halfway tempted, haven't been participating in chat much anyways, only occasionally put in an input.

So much stuff besides this have gone wrong, with the mass tossing of items, including Exp. Share, and and Sniper 'Woodo losing most attacks through learning Amnesia

The burning house as one comes in gif hasn't been so appropriate since 1st Exodus and Bloody Sunday. Worst event since those two, this is just ridiculous

Temathael

I don't think the game is winnable now, we're never going to defeat the Red of this run, especially if the streamer hacked in Alice's team.
I think it is. I just hope Dratini turns out to be something good.

Releasing Kenya doesn't really matter to me that much, especially as we got lucky and got him for free. I'm usually enjoying TPP a lot more with an underdog team. Still, I loved the postman-thing Kenya had going on in the lore, gonna miss that guy despite his overpoweriness. And yes, we really would have needed him against Red.

They're still going for Dratini
You know it's bad when the worst event since Bloody Sunday occurs and you respond in a tired and exhausted manner

I just need some dance riots right now with Platinum Game Corner music. Yeah, I think that's what I'll do while watching this stream

They ask still want PC, people who fall for trolls for LArvitar, and trolls to capitalize on this moment

A part of me really hopes stream loses enough people (temporarily) to get streamer to finally intervene

Larvitar and Trapinch are getting blocked by the b inputs, Sudowoodo now has a mostly useless move set, and Xatu is meh, only here cause it's shiny

Toxi

Banned
Uh... Wow.

Can I just say fuck the idiots who want to use the PC to retrieve new Pokemon? They're basically helping the trolls.

Uh... Wow.

Can I just say fuck the idiots who want to use the PC to retrieve new Pokemon? They're basically helping the trolls.

They're still going for PC for Larvitar
WHY
We had a decent/good team, do we just have gullible fools when we don't have trolls?

And a day or two back, a bunch of them were even equipped with MAIL. Kenya was SAFE

kyo2004

Hmmm...First Legendary released on TPP... we're so mean people... :/...

BTW.. @Hyperactivity... that comic doesn't belong to ZetsuTheFirst... it's a clone (TPP is so weird that even on the subreddit weird things happen...)

Toxi

Banned
They're still going for PC for Larvitar
WHY
We had a decent/good team, do we just have gullible fools when we don't have trolls?

And a day or two back, a bunch of them were even equipped with MAIL. Kenya was SAFE
I see all these morons saying "We need to trash half the team and make a better one."

No. What you need to do is get six Pokemon (Catch them if it means not using the PC), one of which can learn Waterfall, and then grind the fuck out of them. It will take forever, but at least Mount Silver has Ponytas and Rapidash (EDIT: LOL forgot randomized). Anything else is a terrible idea. We cannot work with the PC in this run.

Shinypogs

I think it is. I just hope Dratini turns out to be something good.

Releasing Kenya doesn't really matter to me that much, especially as we got lucky and got him for free. I'm usually enjoying TPP a lot more with an underdog team. Still, I loved the postman-thing Kenya had going on in the lore, gonna miss that guy despite his overpoweriness. And yes, we really would have needed him against Red.

Even if the Dratini is something good it's gonna be lvl 15 and we have no exp share left so we're looking at a good several days to a week or more worth of grinding to get the whole team to E4 levels with halfway decent movesets.

Beating a randomized red's team that could itself contain legendaries at level 80 would be hard. Beating Alice's team with the no truant slaking with will be next to impossible.

I've loved every run of TPP and I've never wanted to give up on it but this run just feels hopeless now. Not the good kind of "we're the underdogs but we can pull it off" hopeless but the " Well fuckit I'm not bashing my head against a wall that will never break" sort.

edit: I want us to still win and succeed but at this very moment I just feel sort of emotionally drained. Things were going so well, we did a lot without kenya and then with him back on the team (plus the exp share before we tossed it) we had something good going. Sure our type coverage was garbage but the team itself was diverse and interesting.

Crayolan

NO
NOO

NOOO

NOO

Yea, this is uncharted territory for TPP. This is the equivalent of releasing Bird Jesus, Lazorgator, M4, or Sunbrella; it's insane. I expect a lot of people to just say "fuck it" and leave either permanently or until gen 5, but I'm honestly very interested to see how we'll move on from here. We've never really had a start-from-scratch situation on our hands.

And that dratini better be a fucking amazing.

Uh... Wow.

Seriously people are idiots. The same exact thing happened on Cianwood when people wanted to get Shuckle, and ended up depositing Diglett (who they wanted to get rid of) and Poliwhirl (our only surfer at the time). I guess the lack of releases has and overbearing presence of trolls has people feeling too at comfort around the PC. At least now they'll be too scared to touch the damn thing. Though I still fully expect people to push to get 3G back despite it being as good as dead now that it's deposited.

Hopefully enough non-trolls will boycott until the trolls get bored and leave or the streamer actually does something to combat trolls.

Yea, this is uncharted territory for TPP. This is the equivalent of releasing Bird Jesus, Lazorgator, M4, or Sunbrella; it's insane. I expect a lot of people to just say "fuck it" and leave either permanently or until gen 5, but I'm honestly very interested to see how we'll move on from here. We've never really had a start-from-scratch situation on our hands.

And that dratini better be a fucking amazing.

Seriously people are idiots. The same exact thing happened on Cianwood when people wanted to get Shuckle, and ended up depositing Diglett (who they wanted to get rid of) and Poliwhirl (our only surfer at the time). I guess the lack of releases has and overbearing presence of trolls has people feeling too at comfort around the PC. At least now they'll be too scared to touch the damn thing. Though I still fully expect people to push to get 3G back despite it being as good as dead now that it's deposited.

This is just such a bad situation, we need another amazing break like Kenya if we want to beat Alice, something ridiculous like Vibrava and Flygon having huge power or us catching Ho-Oh and it being an amazing legendary against Stalinking, possibly steel or ghost type

He even had by far the best subreddit flair on the TPP subreddit
Just why?
Why is chat so SO stupid, it's like they forget the PC's effects time and time again

Almost want streamer to finally react in fear of losing viewer count again and start taking action against trolls

Didn't care too much about this run since its randomized. But wow at the groudon release. Good thing I just keep track for the images and lore instead of the actual happenings lol

Didn't care too much about this run since its randomized. But wow at the groudon release. Good thing I just keep track for the images and lore instead of the actual happenings lol

Well at least one of us will be VERY happy by this event
sigh

Kenya was one of y favorite characters in TPP of ALL time. More hype than just about anything other than LAzrGAtr and Bird Jesus on clutch steroids, better personality than so much of TPP, he was near perfect

Top Bottom